What to do with hairy mole or nevus Becker
Nevus Becker, a neoplasm on the skin that is characterized by the growth of hair on it, is a benign phenomenon. Nevertheless hairy birthmarks often become the reason of experiences of their owners because of bad medical knowledge. To distinguish this type of education from pathologies is not difficult, however, only a qualified specialist should conduct the diagnosis..
- 1How to determine the reasons
- 2About therapy
How to determine the reasons.
According to statistics, Becker's nevus is the prerogative of the male part of the population and meets,% of the representatives of the strong half of humanity of the whole planet. Age category in this case is not taken into account, but in itself the phenomenon is not too common.Hairy nevus can be identified by the following features:
- Noticeable pigmentation in a specific area of the body, colors can vary from brown to blue and even black, in many ways it depends on the primary shade of the skin. Most often, dark shades prevail in people with a cold type of app
- Increased growth over the entire surface of the pigmentation, which can occupy a decent body area, for example, the entire limb. In this case, the type of hair and the structure of the hair itself does not correspond to the hair on the head.
- On the surface of the nevus, there may be a growth of warts, this type of neoplasm is called a warty nevus.
Nevus Becker appears not every person, even if the body is covered with multiple birthmarks. This type of neoplasm can occur on the skin almost spontaneously and does not require any serious medical action. However, any mole can develop into a malignant, which creates a direct threat to human life.
Despite all the possible research conducted by scientists from medicine, it is not possible to identify the true cause of the appearance of the Becker virus until the end. This is especially true of benign neoplasm, which does not represent any threat to human life. Nevertheless, in medical practice there is a general picture on which it is possible to predict the formation of Becker melanosis, a strongly pigmented nevus, as well as a warty form that is very dangerous.
Among the reasons for precisely the dangerous variants into which Bekker's nevus can transform, the following are distinguished:
- The hereditary factor, in whose role the so-called blue nevus most often appears, is a birthmark of a characteristic color of atypical dimensions.
- Genetic disorders that may occur due to radiation or prolonged exposure to various chemical agents.
- A metabolic disorder and a general decrease in immunity, which can occur for a number of reasons. This also includes a long stay in a stressful regime, but such sources can cause exclusively a warty nevus, a common mole in the presence of such factors does not arise.
- The warty nevus of Becker can appear against the background of age-related hormonal changes.
- Too much passion for the sun, especially when every birthmark is exposed to it, can lead to the appearance of hairy melanosis of the skin. In addition, often the cause of Becker's nevus is considered to be a burn, and the neoplasm itself is formed immediately after the healing of the affected area.
- Any external deformation of the skin can cause the formation of nevus by Becker. This includes systematic injuries, injuries and intertrigo.
In the latter case, it is especially dangerous if the birthmark is on the injury site.
Before starting the treatment of a tumor on the skin that has arisen in the Becker system, the doctor must conduct a special diagnosis that will confirm or deny the usefulness of therapy.
There are two options for treating nevus of this type:
- modern techniques that do not involve surgical intervention;
- application of methods of classical surgery.
The first option is the most common method of excision of neoplasms on the skin according to Becker. Most often in this case, resort to the use of a laser, which reduces the risks of hyperpigmentation of sites in the future, and also does not cause complications. This is important if you are treating a blue nevus Becker.
Therapy with the classical surgical method is not very popular today, as it causes too much damage to the skin. Most often, this treatment option is used to excise the warty type of nevus.
The appearance of Becker's nevus on the skin does not always indicate the development of any pathological processes. In some cases, these neoplasms do not pose a threat to life..