Causes of pigmentation on the face and ways of fighting at home
With increased synthesis of melanin, pigmentation on the face is observed. Melanogenesis can be either congenital or acquired. In most cases, the use of external means to help remove stains, gives a temporary effect. In the absence of complex treatment, an undesirable defect appears again, and it can be more pronounced..
- 1Etiology of the disorder
- 2Methods for resolving a violation
- 3Folk recipes
Etiology of the disorder.
What is pigmentation? This place is on the skin, where melanin is present in excessive amounts. Pigment can be located in the upper or deeper layers of the epidermis.
Accordingly, the pigmentation on the cheeks, forehead, and chin is manifested as:
- nevi (birthmarks);
The deeper the pigmented spot is, the more intense its color and the more trouble it can bring to a person.
Representatives of the fair sex are particularly sensitive to their appearance, and when there are pigmented education, they try to find out what is causing the defect and are looking for the most effective means against pigmentation. However, often you can not get the desired results, because the cause pigmentation is very diverse. And to remove the consequences of certain disorders in the body, you need to undergo a course of therapy.
Why does the face form pigmentation spots?
Enhanced production of melanin is determined by:
- Hereditary factor. Usually, this pigmentation is found in babies immediately after birth and can be got rid of only with the help of modern surgical methods, for example, laser resurfacing.
- Failures in the hormonal background. Pigmentation on the face can cause a hormonal disorder, which appeared in the period after delivery, or provoked by pregnancy, the beginning of the menstrual cycle, a certain pathology. Often pigmentation on the forehead occurs in women in position. As practice shows, no special treatment is required. But if the causes of pigmentation are diseases, then therapy can not be dispensed with. When the disease is eliminated, and the hormonal background is normalized, the pigmentation from the face will disappear.
- Injuries of skin. Why is the synthesis of melanin enhanced? It becomes more active due to acne of severe form, furunculosis, burns (thermal, chemical), poorly performed cosmetic procedure. Often local remedies do not help to cope with stains, so complex treatment will be needed.
- Continuous influence of ultraviolet. Since the skin of the face is the most vulnerable, in the first place from the sun it is she who suffers. Most of the skin is prone to aggressive UV rays with the onset of spring, because after the winter period on the face there is a partial depigmentation. In this case, sometimes even sunscreens are not protected from the formation of spots with a characteristic coloration.
- Diseases of internal organs. The causes of pigmentation often lie in problems with the intestines, liver, bile or kidney. By the color of the pigmented areas, it is possible to determine which organ needs treatment. If the cause is eliminated, the spots will soon disappear.
- Nervous disorders. Due to regular stress and a depressive state, negative changes occur in the hormonal background.
- Deficiency of useful substances. Often spots can appear due to a lack of copper or vitamin C.
- Prolonged use of medications. Often, spots start to appear after antibiotic therapy.
- The use of skin care products that turned out to be substandard or were incorrectly selected. The causes of pigmentation in this case - the use of essential oils, cheap decorative cosmetics, as well as an excessive passion for skin cleansing.
- Age changes. From 40-50 years, some people in the body actively synthesized pigment melanin, while there is its uneven distribution in the layers of the skin. The appearance of spots is provoked by hormonal imbalance and natural aging of the skin. In this category of violations can be attributed to such causes of pigmentation on the face, like chronic diseases.
Methods for resolving a violation
How to deal with pigmentation? To restore the balance of melanin and return the skin to a normal appearance, it is necessary to determine the causes and treatment to choose, taking into account all factors.
To effectively eliminate unwanted spots, several specialists will need to appear:
In addition, you can get rid of pigmentation using:
- preparations with bleaching properties;
- cosmetic procedures;
- popular methods.
When pigmented areas appear, the following substances are recommended for skin bleaching:
- 3% solution of hydrogen peroxide. Because the drug is strong enough, the fight against skin defects should be kept as carefully as possible. Outside the affected area, the solution can not be used.
- Creams with mercury content. Indicated for short-term use. The removal of pigmentation by such means is prohibited for women bearing a baby and nursing.
- Pastes with zinc. A drug with a softer effect, which is able not only to remove stains. It is indicated for getting rid of wrinkles and chronic acne.
The use of bleaching creams Achromin MAX and Retin-A is recommended. However, before removing the pigmentation, it is necessary to get permission from the doctor. If the drug is picked up incorrectly, the situation may worsen.
Often to control stains, Ascorutin is prescribed - a vitamin complex that promotes blood circulation and prevents the oxidation of cellular structures. Ascorutin tablets can not only be consumed inside, but also used for making masks.
Ascorutin is taken 2-3 times a day for one or two pieces. The recommended time of reception is during or after a meal. Do not overdose, because Ascorutin contains vitamin C, because of the excess of which often there is a strong reaction of the body. Ascorutin is contraindicated in patients with intolerance to the components.
How to get rid of unwanted manifestations on the skin?
Treatment of pigmentation on the face is carried out with the help of:
- Peeling (chemical, ultrasonic). Before you remove stains, you should consult a doctor. For the first procedure, acids are used, for example, glycolic or fruit. For the second, you need equipment that allows you to inject drugs with regenerative and bleaching properties into the upper layers of the skin.
- Laser grinding. If you treat pigmentation with a laser, you can not do without the subsequent use of funds with healing effect. It is desirable to appoint the procedure for the winter period, when solar activity is weak.
- Phototherapy. Due to the action of light waves on the pigmented areas, the cells containing excess melanin are destroyed.
- Mesotherapy. The procedure involves the treatment of the skin with special mesococtails, which usually contain ascorbic or phytic acid.
What if I need to remove my nevi? The best method is using a laser. After the removal of the mole, scarring is reduced to a minimum. This procedure is especially appropriate in cases where the nevus is formed in a remote location.
You can remove the formed pigmentation on the face at home. The main thing is to consult the doctor in advance and find suitable folk remedies.
To clean up the skin, effective masks are useful:
- Grated cucumber is placed on the face, and after half an hour it is removed with the help of a napkin or washed off.
- Yeast (20 g) is mixed with lemon juice (15 ml). The mixture should be kept on the face for 15-20 minutes.
- You make a gruel from potatoes and yolks boiled in a uniform.
- To obtain a medicinal mixture, it is necessary to combine lemon juice, protein and hydrogen peroxide (3 drops).
One of the effective means that you can use at home is salicylic acid, among its advantages:
- absence of aggressive influence on the skin;
- purification and disinfection;
- skin color smoothing.
Salicylic acid perfectly removes pigmentation, without traumatizing the skin. If you apply a 15% solution, the effect will be noticeable after the third session.
Salicylic acid is used for spot staining, as well as for making masks. It will help to remove pigmentation on oily and normal skin. The rest is better to find a 1-2% solution.
How to remove the pigmentation that has arisen forever? After applying to the spot, salicylic acid is removed after 5-15 minutes. The session is held twice a day.
Leading positions among the drugs that eliminate the accumulation of melanin on the skin, is clean. How to quickly get rid of pigmentation?
To eliminate it, the oil of a plant is often used:
- grass in dry form (100 g) is poured with olive oil (2 cups);
- the remedy should stand for 2 weeks in a place where sunlight does not reach, and it should be shaken periodically;
- At the end of the period, the oil is filtered and placed for storage in a dark place.
However, it is worth remembering that the celandine is very poisonous, so it is important to get rid of the pigmentation, strictly adhering to the prescribed dosages.In this plant there are substances that perfectly clean the skin from the pigment areas. To get the juice, the celandine is crushed, and the resulting liquid is put in the refrigerator for 3 days. Then the product is filtered, poured into a container and covered. The cover must have small openings so that gases do not accumulate inside. After 21 days, the juice can be placed in the refrigerator.
How to clean the face of an unwanted defect? The finished product is used for rubbing 2 times a day.
Often the removal of the existing pigmentation on the face is carried out with the help of licorice (licorice, liquorice).
The licorice root, which has bleaching properties, can be used for freckles:
- crushed root (1 tbsp. l.) is placed in a container and filled with boiling water (1 glass);
- The cooled off means is filtered and used for rubbing in the morning and in the evening.
Licorice is prohibited in the presence of certain diseases, as well as pregnant women and women breastfeeding.
Often women are interested in how to treat at home the moles that are present on the skin of the face?
There are ways by which you can achieve the desired result:
- The application of natural juices - pineapple, lemon, apple juice - on a nevus. The main thing is to avoid getting them on the zone around the birthmark, otherwise you can get a burn. Therefore, we are fighting with the violation competently. That is, first it is worth using Vaseline or any cream with a greasy consistency. The procedure is carried out at most 3 times a day.
- In apple cider vinegar there are acids that are able to dissolve the nevus and remove it. Vinegar also can not be applied around the mole.
- Peeled and chopped garlic should be applied directly to the nevus before bedtime and covered with adhesive tape. To prevent the gruel from appearing on the skin around the mole, they need to be treated with cream.