Causes and methods of treatment of herpes zoster during pregnancy
Tinea in pregnancy is activated quite often. It is caused by herpes zoster (chickenpox). When the body first meets the zoster, chicken pox develops. Then the virus continues to live in our body in a dormant state. Some factors can awaken him. It is then that the shingles appear, formed on the body along the nerve fibers. The disease can cause severe pain..
Shingles is a special form of herpetic infection, provoked by the varicella-zoster virus. This illness can not be allowed to run its course so as not to harm the future baby.
- 1Causes of shingles
- 4Treatment of shingles in pregnant women
Causes of shinglesTinea during pregnancy arises from the weakening of immunity. In the presence of provoking factors, the disease develops successfully..
Reasons for the appearance:
- severe hypothermia or overheating;
- stressful situations;
- physical and mental exhaustion;
- transferred infectious diseases.
Repeated manifestation of the virus is not as dangerous to the fetus and the mother as the chickenpox
Immunity in a future mother is reduced by itself. The female body is so programmed to protect the embryo. At the onset of pregnancy, immunity reduces its activity, so that the body can not tear off the fetus, because in fact it is a foreign body.
Low immunity during pregnancy is not pathology, but the norm observed in 90% of women who are carrying a baby.
It is during this period that herpes zoster may appear during pregnancy. If this happened in the first trimester, it is necessary to see the doctor immediately. At this stage, any disease can cause various pathologies in the embryo. If the disease has occurred in the 2nd or 3rd trimester, shingles are not so dangerous, but neglect the treatment prescribed by the doctor, not worth it.
SymptomsHerpes zoster in pregnant women begins to exhibit the following symptoms:
- increase in temperature to 3, ° C, against the background of temperature there are no signs of a cold (cough, runny nose, etc.);
- on the body in the abdomen, ribs, lumbar region appears a red rash;
- disturbed sleep and appetite.
The rash from the shingles appears above the surface of the skin, is characterized by soreness and itching. Over time, the papules of the rash are filled with fluid. At this stage they merge and are especially strongly itchy. The liquid turns yellow over time and becomes turbid. On the site of herpes vesicles appears a crust. After a week, it disappears by itself. Usually scarring does not remain. Sometimes pigmentation of the skin in places of former rashes can be observed.
In severe disease, when the nerve endings of the internal organs are affected, symptoms can be observed:
- uncomfortable sensations of the gastrointestinal tract;
- motor disorders in the limbs;
- there are problems with urination.
Diagnostics. Tinea is diagnosed by a rash on the skin and a mark in the medical chart of the previously transferred chicken pox. To clarify the diagnosis, additional tests are prescribed. Pregnant women often have a smoothness of all the symptoms of the disease. That is, shingles appear uncharacteristic. To correctly diagnose the disease and avoid mistakes, the doctor prescribes tests for the detection of the virus and antibodies to it.
Analyzes that are conducted to identify the infection:
- PCR analysis helps to identify herpes DNA in organic fluids of a pregnant woman.
- Blood test for antibodies to the virus.
With this disease, a fetal examination is necessary in order to exclude possible deviations or infection of the baby in the womb.
The following studies are carried out:
- Ultrasound of the fetus (completely safe).
- CTG of the fetus (cardiotocography), absolutely safe method.
- Dopplerometry of vessels, umbilical cord and placenta.
Treatment of shingles in pregnant womenShingles do not respond well to therapy, so treatment is complex. Than to treat herpes, the doctor should define, considering the given analyzes and a trimester of pregnancy.
Usually treatment is carried out as follows:
- With severe pain, anesthesia is necessary. Pregnant women should use local remedies. Sometimes the doctor prescribes analgesics. To them can be added anticonvulsant and sedative drugs.
- Antiviral drugs are prescribed to pregnant women in a short course in small doses.
- Immunomodulators also accompany treatment. These drugs are safe enough for the mother and fetus.
For external use, ointments, sprays, creams that have an analgesic effect are produced. They usually contain anti-inflammatory and antiviral components. For example, drugs Olazol, Hypozol, etc.
In order to prevent all undesirable consequences from herpes zoster, observe the following rules:
- choose a suitable clinic where your pregnancy will be administered, and a doctor with good references and recommendations of acquaintances;
- plan pregnancy, give the necessary tests in advance, if necessary, treat;
- from the first days of pregnancy, register with a doctor;
- lead a healthy lifestyle, eat right, walk more, less nervous;
- all the doctor's recommendations must be fulfilled, especially if it concerns treatment.