Norm, low, elevated leukocytes in women
One of the most important components in the composition of the blood are leukocytes, white bodies, which create in the body protection against microbes, viruses, infections and other foreign components. Nature provides so that a woman should bear and give birth to offspring, therefore her protective mechanism and immunity should be more developed. Find out how the body is ready to defend against disease, you can pass a complete blood count and evaluate the results. Consider what the norm of leukocytes in the blood of women is permissible, and why deviations occur in a higher or lower side.
- Why are
- elevated? Reasons for lowering
- How to increase leukocytes in the blood of women?
The number of leukocytes depends on the sex of the person, his age, and health status. In addition, the level of white bodies is not constant, and some factors can affect their number, such as:
- physical exertion;
- food intake before analysis or
- time of day;
- stress or unstable mental state;
Leukocytes can die if they cleanse and rid the blood of infections, bacteria or fungi. But only the doctor should draw conclusions about the state of the blood, the level of immunity and the presence of diseases.
So, the rate of leukocytes in the blood test for women is considered to be from 3.2 × 109 / l to 10.2 × 109 / l.
. While, the rate of leukocytes in men is one unit higher than for women.
But, not always a deviation from the standards, is a sign of the existing pathologies. After all, a woman can have elevated leukocytes in the blood after delivery, during pregnancy or during menstruation, and low white blood cell counts can signal weakening of the immune system, development of a purulent or inflammatory process, as well as diseases of the bone marrow. But about this, it is worth talking in more detail. For more information about the white blood cell count and abnormalities during pregnancy, please refer to the link http: //vseproanalizy.ru/ leykotsityi-v-krovi-pri-beremennosti.htmlto the table of contents ↑
Why are the
elevated9x109 / l. This condition is called leukocytosis. If, in this case, a woman does not have natural physiological changes in the body( menstruation, pregnancy, childbirth), it is possible that we are talking about other pathological or inflammatory processes and diseases. The reasons that leukocytes in the blood are elevated can be:
- Allergic reaction;
- Diseases of a viral or infectious nature;
- Diabetic coma, lymphoma;
- Injuries, abscesses, burns, purulent processes;
- Vomiting, diarrhea, and prolonged fluid loss.
In these cases, leukocytes are produced in the lymph nodes and bone marrow in large numbers in order to maximize the protection of the body and to develop additional immunity.
Leukocytosis is often observed in renal failure, stroke, arthritis, myocardial infarction, acute appendicitis, inflammation of the appendages, anemia, and acute leukemia.
If a woman increases her leukocyte count in the blood due to physiological reasons, then you can return to a normal level, if you save yourself from emotional disorders, not physically overstrain, avoid frequent temperature changes, normalize nutrition.
If elevated leukocytes are found in the blood of women, the cause of which lies in internal pathologies, the leukocytosis is eliminated by eliminating the disease or infection itself. To effectively combat viruses and infections, most often apply a course of broad-spectrum antibiotics, corticosteroids, antacids, leukapheresis( a method of filtering and cleansing the blood from excess leukocytes).
Read the article "How to reduce leukocytes in the blood"
Any procedures and prescriptions for treatment should be made by a general practitioner or hematologist as a result of a full examination for suspected infectious or bacterial origin of leukocytosis.to contents ↑
Reasons for reducing
The reduction of leukocytes in the blood of women is called leukopenia and almost always signals an existing disease. The formation of white blood cells is considered insufficient when their number in the blood decreases to a rate of 3.7 x 109 / l. For a person, such a state is very dangerous, as it threatens with a gradual weakening and exhaustion of the body's defenses. However, people with a level of leukocytes of about 4x109 / l must constantly anxiously monitor and control the state of their blood and health. If the decrease of leukocytes in the blood of women has reached the level of 1.7x109 / l, then the doctor has every reason to suspect that you have a serious blood disease.
The most common causes of leukopenia:
- Disruption of the bone marrow. Leukocytes are formed and mature in the bone marrow, therefore, physical injuries and internal defects of this tissue affect the quantity and quality of production of white cells.
- Insufficient number of substances involved in the creation of new leukocytes, namely vitamins B1, B12, folic acid( B9), iron and copper. As a rule, in this case, the level of erythrocytes and hemoglobin also falls. Usually, the low level of leukocytes in the blood of women, caused by this cause, is easily eliminated with the help of correct nutritional adjustment and maintaining a kind of diet.
- Increased destruction( death) of leukocytes. This situation may occur in some cases. For example, leukocytes are lowered in the blood of women, if they are actively involved in the process of combating pathogens, they do not recover, but simply die. Some medications, antibacterial and anti-inflammatory agents provoke the death of white blood cells due to the content of potent chemical components. Usually such drugs treat cancer or epilepsy.
- Viral and bacterial diseases, including influenza, rubella, hepatitis, measles and HIV.
- Sometimes, hematopoietic processes and lowered levels of leukocytes in the blood have a hereditary predisposition.
What is the danger of a decrease in leukocytes? See http: //vseproanalizy.ru/. Analizyi-krovi /leykotsityi/
According to statistical data, if leukopenia is not treated for 2 weeks, then 25% of patients will face any kind of serious infectious disease, but if they are not treated for more than 6 weeks, then the probability of catching the infection is almost 100%.
Accordingly, if a reduced number of leukocytes is detected in the blood, it is necessary to immediately begin treatment and stimulation of the production of white blood cells, especially if the reason lies in violations of the full-fledged work of the bone marrow.
Depending on the form and severity of symptoms, drug therapy is prescribed, where the course, dosage is determined solely by the specialist watching you. The most commonly prescribed drugs are: leucogen, pentoxyl, batilol, nutrein sodium, methyluracil, and the like.
In order to urgently increase white blood cells, traditional medicine can be combined with the use of dietary supplements and the use of some popular recipes, which must be coordinated with your doctor.
Read more about leukocyte enhancement methods here.
The female body is very sensitive to external influences and changes. Constant monitoring and tracking of leukocyte levels gives you a guarantee that no provocative factor can damage your health.