What is colitis and how to treat it?
Effective methods of prevention and treatment of gastritis
Colitis of the intestine: what is it and the methods of its treatment
Today among the inflammatory diseases of the digestive tract, colitis is one of the first places. If earlier they suffered from elderly people, as well as those who constantly neglect proper nutrition, in our days, what is colitis, both teenagers and preschool children know.
This is primarily due to eating foods that are strictly forbidden to young children. These include products that cause intestinal fermentation, fast food, semi-finished products, sweets in large quantities, fruit with a weighty sugar content. Insidious and dangerous disease of dysentery, too, can cause a finding of colitis.
However, we only described the common causes of chronic colitis. Now it's time to talk about the varieties of colitis, the symptoms and the causes of the appearance.
How to identify acute colitis
The acute form is characterized by pronounced edema of the intestinal mucosa with its simultaneous
- on the inner walls of the body, the amount of mucus increases;
- the walls become red in color;
- possibly the formation of wounds, erosions, which may indicate that the colitis has already passed into another form - ulcerative colitis;
- when additional tests are performed, an elevated indicator of ESR is found.
Determine the colitis is not so difficult, although in general the picture can be blurred, so the doctor can determine the exact cause of the symptomatic symptoms.
So, what does the patient experiencing acute colitis of the intestine
- There is a feeling of swelling of the abdomen from the inside.
- There are severe pains, often acute.
- The act of defecation also becomes painful.
- It torments diarrhea.
Some patients incidentally suffer from vomiting and nausea. With a prolonged course of the disease (up to several weeks), the weight of a person decreases, a weakness in the body appears, the patient quickly becomes tired. Correct and timely treatment can reduce the disease to zero or re-qualify it for chronic colitis.
Features of chronic and ulcerative colitis
What is chronic colitis, can tell patients who every day are tested for strength by this ailment. In chronic form, it is not only about the inflammatory processes of the rectal mucosa, but also inflammation that occurs in the ligament-muscle apparatus. That is, in the place of the lesion, the intestine narrows and shortens.
In some cases, colitis does not come alone, but is combined with polyps. It must be said that chronic colitis allows a person to live a more or less full life, of course, he is shown a corresponding diet, from time to time there may be a belch and nausea, but they also after the course of treatment soon pass.
A severe form is ulcerative colitis of the intestine, which during defecation is accompanied by the release of blood. What precedes this? In the field of the thick section, there is a hemorrhagic inflammation, which begins to heal.
Ulcerative colitis often affects people aged 20-40 years, especially this ailment occurs in the female half of humanity.
Among the first symptoms, there are strong spastic pain sensations in the abdominal region, mainly located on the left side, as well as blocking phenomena. A person can suddenly detect an increase in body temperature, he is suffering from joint pain. If you do not start treatment at this stage, the primary stage passes into the secondary stage, characterized by secretions consisting mainly of blood and pus.
Ulcerative colitis of the intestine is replaced by a temporary fading of the disease, but another aggravation will again lead to the former manifestations. Frequent exacerbations lead to weight loss, a decrease in hemoglobin in the blood and a lack of physical strength. Among the complications is frequent expansion of the intestine, rarely - perforation of the mucosa, resulting in internal bleeding that threatens peritonitis and even death.
Some ulcerative colitis sufferers have to find out what an intestinal obstruction is. At the end of 10 years there is a risk of escalating a serious disease into even more serious - cancer.
What Medicine Suggests
Undoubtedly, if the cause of colitis is infection, physicians prescribe a course of antibiotic. Acute colitis is removed by a two-day fasting, after which a little nutrition is introduced, but without eating fatty, sharp, smoked, fried foods. Lean on vitamins and products, favorably acting on the walls of the diseased organ.
Watch the chair, do not start the process on its own - it is fraught with constipation, which serve as an irritant to the intestinal mucosa and produce a large amount of mucus. Some prefer to fight with constipation laxative drugs and enemas, but the excessive interest in such procedures in the future may help to reduce the motility of an organ that can no longer independently empty. This phenomenon is called "flaccid intestine".
Before assigning a diet with specific products, the doctor must appoint and conduct the following examinations:
- general blood analysis;
- analysis of stool;
- a detailed blood test (biochemical);
- Radiography, which is carried out with mandatory use of barium inside.
The effectiveness of traditional methods of treating colitis
If colitis is not contagious, it makes sense to take an additional course with the therapist, and to withdraw periodically arising inflammatory process to apply folk remedies that show good results. Below are the recipes that have proved themselves among patients who have tried them:
- Take 1 g of mummy and 1 tbsp. spoon of purified water, mix the ingredients. In a day it is recommended to consume, g mixture g inside g as a rectal suppository. This drug successfully fights against inflammation, anesthetizes, soothes the diseased organ and regenerates the affected cells. After a couple of days of application, you will feel, how the heartburn, belching disappeared, the chair became normal. If the patient has an AVR, the mummy will help calm the nervous system. It is possible to consider the treatment finished after 30 days of taking the remedy. Follow-up examinations will indicate restoration of intestinal walls from bleeding ulcers.
- To prepare the next solution you need 1 liter of alcohol, the degree of strength of which is from 70 to 96 degrees, as well as propolis. The ratio of ingredients is 10 g propolis for every 100 ml of the specified alcohol. After that, the container should be put in a dark place. The strength of the obtained infusion reaches 10%, but if desired, you can increase it to 20-30%. Measure 25-30 drops of the formula and take 3 times a day for 40-60 minutes before eating. It is recommended to dilute the product with 100 g of milk or boiled water.
Read also on the topic:
Treatment of Colitis of the Intestine
Colitis is an inflammatory disease that affects the inner mucosa of the large intestine. According to statistics, this disease of the gastrointestinal tract, accompanied by Unpleasant pain symptoms most often affect men from 40 to 60 years and women aged 20 up to 60 years. What is the reason for such a strange gradation in age and sex of modern medical science, while the answer to this question is not known. However, the scientists of the whole world are trying their best to come up with a medicine that can prevent the appearance of this disease.
What is colitis and how to treat it?
As mentioned above, colitis is a disease that affects the mucosa of the intestine. The most frequent causes of its occurrence can be the following phenomena:
- Progression of the intestinal infection (salmonellosis, dysentery, etc.).
- Violation of the function of blood supply to the organs of the gastrointestinal tract, in particular the intestine.
- Long-term use of antibiotics of certain groups, which adversely affect the microflora of the stomach and intestines, killing useful bacteria, vital for normal functioning of the gastrointestinal tract tract.
- The most common cause of the onset and progression of colitis of various forms is also malnutrition (abuse of fatty foods, alcohol).
- Gene predisposition to the development of the disease.
- Presence of foci of infections in the pancreas and gallbladder.
- Dysbacteriosis of the intestine.
- Glistovye infection.
- Physical and nervous tension.
The strategy of treatment depends entirely on its etiology of the disease.
Colitis - types of disease
This disease doctors classified according to the following features:
- According to the type of disease, acute and chronic type.
- On etiology distinguish ulcerative, ischemic, toxic and infectious colitis.
- Localization - sigmoiditis, proctitis, tiflitis, pancolitis, transversitis.
Diagnosis of this disease and precise classification of its type and species is possible only as a result of laboratory tests in a medical institution.
How is colitis treated?
Treatment of this disease is carried out by complex methods that eliminate not only the causes of the disease, but its consequences. In the process of treatment in medical institutions, the patient is assigned a strict diet for Pevzner, a regular intake adsorptive preparations, as well as drugs, whose action is directed to the restoration of intestinal microflora and stomach.
However, you can get rid of this disease yourself and with the help of folk, time-tested funds. For self-treatment of colitis, as a rule, herbal decoctions and infusions of yarrow, camomile chamomile, burdock root, shepherd's bag and St. John's wort are used.
It should be noted that representatives of traditional medicine rightly believe that competently built-up treatment of colitis using folk remedies can really give a stunning results. However, in order to ensure that the effect of using folk remedies did not take long to wait, the patient still have to adhere to some time of strict diet.
Sources: http://gastritlechim.ru/tolstogo-kishechnika/kolit-kishechnika-chto-eto-takoe-i-metody-ego-lecheniya.html, http://medinote.ru/lechenie-kolita-kishechnika.html
No comments yet!
Share your opinion