What foods can not be eaten with an irritated bowel
Nutrition with IBS: can it be useful to be tasty?
Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)A common disorder of the intestine. A distinctive feature of this disease isperiodic manifestation of symptoms.
It is known thatIrritable Bowels SyndromeIs a disease that is closely related to the psychoemotional state and way of life of a person. In some cases, a stressful condition, irregular and irregular nutrition can serve as a trigger factor in the development and maintenance of IBS symptoms1. The fact is that our body is a biological clock in which all processes are subject to a certain order. With irregular feeding in this well-functioning chain, negative changes occur that lead to disturbances in the digestive system.
How to treat irritable bowels?To restore the normal operation of the intestine, it is worthwhile to think about following a diet. The right diet for IBS is an important condition for improving well-being and further preventing the development of the disease. You can start with the general principles of nut
General principles of nutrition
Help the irritated bowel can be through a diet that requires compliance with the regime of regular meals. This means that it is important to eat at a special time, avoid eating in a hurry or in the process of work. The intake of food at least 4-5 times a day in small portions will be optimal, and time intervals within 3-4 hours between meals will help the full process of digestion: the digestion of food by hydrochloric acid, the absorption of nutrients in the intestine and their entry into the blood in the necessary quantity.
What is impossible with an irritated bowel?An obligatory condition for a diet in IBS is the exclusion of fatty foods, coffee, as well as products promoting gassing and bloating: cabbage, carbonated drinks, apples, black bread, radishes, yeast products test. The use of sour and spicy foods, canned food and alcohol must be minimized.
In most cases, the concept of "diet" is associated with restrictions in the diet and the rejection of your favorite foods. For people who have signs of irritated bowel, developed a special, not like the other diet. The diet is called low-FODMAP, which in translation means products with a low content of poorly digestible carbohydrates.
In IBS, the intestinal walls become particularly sensitive. This means that the process of digestion, which in a healthy state does not cause discomfort, in this case can cause painful sensations. Products containing poorly digestible carbohydrates, provoke the processes of fermentation and increased gas formation in the intestine and thereby aggravate the pain in irritable bowel syndrome.
The principle of the low-FODMAP diet is based on the replacement of poorly digestible products with "light" analogs to avoid unpleasant manifestations of irritable bowel syndrome: pain in the abdomen, stools and flatulence.
Many people may get the impression that with a diet, the diet will necessarily become meager and unrepresentative. However, the low-FODMAP diet is not restrictive, and unusual recipes can satisfy even the most sophisticated gourmets. The most important thing is to find the right ingredients.
What is it, the diet of low-FODMAP in IBS?
The diet can include beef, lamb, pork, chicken or turkey, fish.
Milk, cottage cheese, ice cream, cream cheese, sour cream contain lactose - a protein of cow's milk. The body of each person can digest a certain amount of lactose, and excess of the individual rate can cause pain in the abdomen, increased gas formation, bloating. In this case, preference is best given to milk and yogurt without lactose or with its low content. Hard and soft varieties of cheese, such as brie, feta, mozzarella, tofu. best suited for comfortable digestion.
Fruits such as pears, apples, plums, peaches, and also juices from them, contain a large amount of fructose, which can enhance the manifestation of symptoms of IBS.
Of fruits, bananas, oranges, strawberries, lemons, kiwi, melons, cranberries, blueberries, mandarins are the most suitable for a healthy diet.
Bulgarian pepper, carrots, cucumbers, eggplant, zucchini, green beans, pumpkin, potatoes will help to avoid excessive gas generation and detrimental effects on intestinal motility.
- Beans(soybeans, lentils, peas, beans) include indigestible carbohydrates, which means they provoke flatulence.
How to replace beans? Pay attention to corn, rice, millet, oats. It is acceptable to use barley, rye, wheat (products that do not contain gluten).
Sauces made from recommended products, vegetable or olive oil, soy sauce, pesto and salsa can be the final touch of your dish.
Individual diet with signs of irritable bowel syndrome
In addition to the general principles of nutrition, it is also important to take into account the individual reactions of the body to these or other products. In this case, the food diary will become an indispensable assistant, where you can celebrate every meal with the indication of products, as well as the reaction to them. Paying close attention to the reactions of your body, it will be possible to determine which foods exacerbate the unpleasant manifestations of IBS.
If after eating appearedSymptoms of Irritable Bowels Syndrome(pain or discomfort in the abdomen, bloating, flatulence), in the future, these foods are better taken for food individually or excluded altogether. The list of such products can be compiled on a separate page of the diary.
What if the symptoms of IBS are disturbing here and now?
Compliance with the diet is, undoubtedly, one of the main non-medicinal methods for the treatment of the Irritable Bowel Syndrome. However, for a noticeable effect, you must adhere to the diet for a long time.
If a rapid effect is required, then the use of drugs is required.Duspatalin®135 mg is created specifically for the treatment of IBS, has a dual effect and eliminates the unpleasant symptoms of IBS1 .
Dupaspaline tablets®135 mgIs an antispasmodic (a cure for spasms), which acts purposefully in the intestines, without affecting other organs and systems2. This allows the drug to be used for as long as necessary2*. avoiding possible side effects from the genitourinary and cardiovascular systems2. For more information onapplication, properties of the drug Duspatalin®135 mgread in this section.
You might be interested
What foods can not be eaten with diverticulosis of the intestine?
Diverticulosis of the intestine # 8212; this is a condition in which some parts of the mucous membrane of the colon seem to bulge outward. As a result, there are so-called # 17; ешочки # 187; # 8212; diverticula. If they become inflamed, it causes severe discomfort and pain when consuming certain foods. Therefore, in today's article, we would like to address this issue and tell you about what products should be avoided in diverticulosis of the intestine, so as not to aggravate your condition.
What you need to know about diverticulosis?
As already mentioned at the beginning of the article, diverticulosis of the intestine is characterized by the presence of small sacs, hernias or bulges of its walls, located, as a rule, in the area of the large intestine. This is a fairly common ailment that does not make itself felt by any symptoms, except that in these same pouches or diverticula they accumulate over time # 17; tacks # 187; digestion, slag and toxins. which naturally leads to an increase in the number of bacteria.
At this point, a person usually begins to feel pain in the lower abdomen on the left. This is the first alarm.It is also necessary to pay attention to the presence of the following possible disorders: frequent diarrhea, followed by constipation (irregular stools), fever, nausea, vomiting, etc.
Another unpleasant moment: if diverticulosis once happened, then the probability of relapse is as much as 45%. Therefore, doctors insist that, in this condition, you can not continue to eat certain foods or at least avoid excessive consumption, so as not to harm yourself even more.
What products are in # 17; list # 187; with diverticulosis?
- Cereals and whole grains. try to avoid consuming foods such as popcorn, cornmeal buns, oatmeal or any other that include bran or wild rice. The fact is that they are all extremely rich in fiber (dietary fiber), which is digested for a long time and can simply # 17; to aggrieve # 187; in the diverticulum sacs. As a substitute for these products, try eating processed cereals, namely pasta, plain rice, baked goods and biscuits from wheat (white refined) flour.
- Fruits and vegetables. absolutely do without these products, of course, not. This will also cause considerable damage to health. However, they are recommended not to be used at least at the time of deterioration and the presence of symptoms of diverticulosis. Try to avoid the consumption of dried fruits, such as prunes, for example, because they also contain a lot of fiber. Do not get involved in berries, as their seeds are very difficult to digest, and vegetables of the cruciferous family (broccoli. cauliflower).Do not drink juices with pulp. If you still decided to eat some vegetables, then make sure that they are well-cooked. so the dietary fiber contained in them, will become softer and the body will be able to digest them more quickly and easily. In its raw form, it is generally not worth eating anything, except, perhaps, peaches, avocados, melons and bananas. But with care, that they were peeled and without a single seed!
- Meat and animal proteins. try to give preference to dietary meats, minced meat, fish (any kinds) and chicken eggs (let them become the main source of protein for your body). All these products do not irritate the intestines and are easily digested. Do not eat solid cheeses, because they contain casein in large quantities, and it is very harmful for diverticulosis. Remove from your diet all meals and foods containing nuts or seeds (peanut butter, for example).Reduce the consumption of peas, beans and other legumes, because they are also known to be rich in fiber.
- Peel, spices. banned categorically, since they can cause a strong inflammatory process, characteristic of diverticulosis. That is, all the fruits and vegetables that you eat (although undesirable) should be peeled. ASpices, especially spicy, also for obvious reasons, will be harmful to an already unhealthy intestine.
- Energetic drinks. this group includes coffee, black tea, mate, hot chocolate, cocoa and all fizzy drinks. All of them will be irritants for the intestines. Caffeine, which is found in most of them, removes water from the stool and at the same time helps to reduce the muscles of the large intestine, which as a result can lead to constipation.If you find it too difficult to give up coffee, try first to replace it with a caffeine-free analogue, for the transition to be smooth, but it will also have to be abandoned soon (and the earlier, the better).
Useful advice and recommendations for diverticulosis
- Drink more water (6 to 8 glasses of drinking water a day).
- Go to the toilet more often (as soon as you feel the urge to defecate), otherwise, if you tolerate, the situation can greatly worsen.
- Perform physical exercises aimed at working out the muscles of the legs, thighs (and intestines) to facilitate the process of defecation.
- If there was a constipation,Do not use various laxatives and do not put enemas. if the excretory system works incorrectly, it can cause a strong irritation of the intestine and provoke dependence on such remedies.
- Avoid consuming fried, sweet and spicy food.
- Do not eat foods that have seeds,thoroughly chew the food before swallowing it. This will facilitate the digestion process, otherwise poorly chewed food fragments can become stuck in the diverticula, which will cause pain and inflammation.
- Eat porridge or mashed potatoes from boiled vegetables. You can prepare cocktails without pulp (strain) to speed up the healing process of the damaged intestine.
Plants that will help cure or at least weaken the manifestation of diverticulosis, such:
- Chamomile. removes inflammation and brings a significant relief of the condition. At least once a day, try to drink infusion or tea from chamomile.
- Mint. reduces bloating, relieves pain, helps with nausea and increased gas production. Drink infusion of mint is recommended 3 times a day.
- Oregano. reduces inflammation of the large intestine.
- Thyme. source of analgesic compounds, has antispasmodic and anti-inflammatory effect. You can use it as a seasoning for soup or when preparing sauces for salads.
- Turmeric. a natural anti-inflammatory drug that is used for various types of inflammation, and in this case will help reduce diverticula.
Illustrations: Hey Paul Studios, Orin Zebest, Memi Beltrame y woodleywonderwork.
Sources: http://duspatalin.ru/poleznaya-informatsiya/pitanie-pri-srk-mozhet-li-poleznoe-byt-vkusnym/, http://steptohealth.ru/kakie-produkty-nelzya-est-pri-divertikuleze-kishechnika/
No comments yet!
Share your opinion