Irritable bowel syndrome after childbirth
Irritable Bowel Syndrome
Irritable Bowel Syndrome
Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) is a chronic functional bowel disease. It manifests with pain and discomfort in the abdomen, which follow after defecation and are accompanied by a change in the frequency or consistency of the stool.
Symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome
- feeling of incomplete bowel movement, tension during defecation
- mucus secretion during defecation
- sensation of bloating and overflow in the abdomen
- Pain in IBS is usually localized in the iliac (mainly in the left) regions. They can be aching, blunt, burning or cramping, as a rule, they do not spread, they become worse after ingestion and decrease after the act of defecation or the escape of gases
- pain does not occur at night
- in women, pain intensifies during menstruation
- are noted either permanently or occur periodically, lasting from several days to several weeks and interrupted by short episodes of diarrhea
- the chair takes the form of a tape or pencil
- chair in the form of "sheep" feces or
- "Morning storm syndrome" usually occurs in the morning after breakfast
- the urge to defecate is often imperative because of increased gas production
- stool frequency does not exceed 2-4 times a day
- the urge to defecate appears at short intervals for a short time
- at the first act of defecation the chair is often decorated, with subsequent acts - mushy or liquid
- extraintestinal symptoms
- headaches (by type of migraine)
- feeling of coma when swallowing
- dissatisfaction with inhalation (a periodically appearing desire to breathe in full)
- the inability to sleep on the left side due to the appearance of unpleasant sensations in the region of the heart
- spasms of blood vessels (chill fingers)
Causes of irritable bowel syndrome
- impaired intestinal motility
- Age 30-40 years
Diagnosis of functional dyspepsia
1. The doctor's consultation:
2. Laboratory methods of research
- clinical blood test
- blood chemistry
- occult blood feces analysis
- general stool analysis
- determination of daily fat loss with feces
- lactose load test
- study of stool for the detection of bacteria of the intestinal group (Shigella spp. Salmonella spp. Yersinia spp. etc.) and parasites (Lamblia intestinalis)
3. Instrumental and additional research methods:
- X-ray examination of the intestine (irrigoscopy or examination of the passage of barium in the small intestine)
- gastroduodenoscopy (with deep biopsy)
- anorectal manometry
Diseases with similar symptoms
- chronic inflammatory bowel disease
- Crohn's disease
- nonspecific ulcerative colitis
- infectious and parasitic intestinal lesions
- bacterial overgrowth syndrome
- tumors of the intestine
- diverticulosis of the intestine
- ischemic colitis
- chronic pancreatitis
- latent abuse of laxatives
- endocrine diseases (hyper- and hypothyroidism), carcinoid syndrome, immunodeficiency states, etc.
Treatment of irritable bowel syndrome
Treatment is complex, depends on the variant and symptomatology and includes not only medical therapy, but also measures to normalize the way of life, the regime and the nature of nutrition, if necessary - psychotherapeutic methods.
- training of patients - explaining to them the causes and mechanisms of their intestinal disorders and the role of violations of the motor function of the intestine in their origin
- keeping a diary with a record of well-being and diet, stressful situations
- the diet depends on the predominance in them in the clinical picture of those or other disorders of the motor function of the intestine:
- with a tendency to diarrhea limit the content of coarse dietary fiber in the diet, exclude the use of fructose, sorbitol, coffee, alcohol and carbonated drinks
- in the presence of flatulence, it is recommended to avoid taking products that increase gas production in the intestine (for example, milk, cabbage, etc.)
- when inclined to constipation, it is customary to prescribe a diet high in dietary fiber
- antispasmodics for pain control
- with diarrhea - antidiarrheal drugs
- with constipation - laxatives, incl. of plant origin
- therapy with psychotropic drugs, psychotherapy
The optimal scheme of therapy is not developed. The main mistake is to underestimate the functional disorder and its negative impact on the quality of life of the patient, resulting in may be an unreasonable refusal of active medical tactics (including the use of drugs of different classes), recommended for this disease.
When diagnosing and describing the symptoms, one should not avoid "delicate" questions - a full picture of the disease is needed to prescribe an adequate treatment for the doctor.
Irritable bowel syndrome is characterized by a wave-like course with periodic exacerbations, often provoked by stresses. Treatment is effective in 30% of patients, a complete absence of relapses is observed in 10%. The disease, as a rule, does not progress, and the general condition of patients usually remains satisfactory for many years. At the same time, the risk of developing organic diseases of the intestine (in particular, cancer of the rectum and large intestine) in individuals with IBS is not higher than in the population.
Irritable Bowel Syndrome: Symptoms, Causes, and Treatment of IBS
About 50% of the world's population know what Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) is, not by hearsay. Among those who are sadly familiar with this syndrome, most # 8211; they are women of reproductive age. What is IBS and why does it reduce people's quality of life?
Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) # 8211; Functional intestinal disorder, which is based on disturbance of sensory and motor activity of the intestine due to psychogenic effects on the nervous system.
Patients with IBS complain of pain on either side of the abdomen or in the peripodal region. The pains do not disturb at night, have a cramping character, are associated with food intake (especially greasy). Many have a gastro-cecal reflex, a urge to stool immediately after eating. Variability of frequency and consistency of stool, transient urges for defecation, feeling of incomplete evacuation of the intestine, flatulence, # 8211; these are the main symptoms of IBS. It is noticed that they become aggravated after nervous shocks or inaccuracies in the diet.
With the above symptoms in patients with IBS also have symptoms of neurocirculatory dystonia (VSD) # 8211; periodic heart pain, panic attacks, increased anxiety, etc.
Among the causes of IBS in the first place are stress and intestinal infections. IBS suffer from hypochondriacal, anxious, prone to depression people. A subtle emotional organization can not but affect the work of the nervous system: such people are more sensitive to pain and the slightest disturbances in the work of the intestine. In turn, the pulses are caught by the labile nervous system, and they are not adequately interpreted, which leads to an even greater disruption in the functioning of the gastrointestinal tract.
Folk recipes for IBS
With diarrhea in IBS, essential oils help to cope. In equal proportions, peppermint, tea tree and geranium oils are mixed, 30 ml of almond or grape oil are added. A mixture of oils is used for abdominal massage. Good effect has a decoction of the oak bark: 1 tbsp crushed bark for 2 cups of boiling water. Boil for 30 minutes, cool and take 2 tablespoons. 3 times a day.
Ground ginger and cinnamon help to cope with flatulence.
With constipation, the juice of aloe (fresh fruit), used in fresh form, and the seeds of plantain is effective. The latter before use should be soaked in water for 30-60 minutes.
Begin the treatment should be with the correction of the diet: food irritants such as carbonated drinks, coffee, sharp and smoked foods, vinegar, fructose, legumes, cabbage are excluded.
Preparations are prescribed in connection with the prevalence of this or that form of the disease: antidiarrheal drugs or mild laxatives, antispasmodics, sedatives. Self-treatment is unacceptable, as well as self-diagnosis. Therefore, if there are alarming symptoms, do not postpone the visit to the doctor.
It should be noted that IBS refers to functional disorders, which means that such a diagnosis can be made only when the organic causes of the existing symptoms are excluded. Particularly attentive to one's health is to be people over 60 years of age: IBS can occur under the mask of diverticulosis or intestinal cancer. Gastroenterologist appoints examination: ultrasound of the abdominal cavity, EGDS, study of feces for eggs of helminths, contrast study of the intestine. In younger people with similar symptoms, serious illnesses also occur, such as colorectal cancer, ulcerative colitis, Crohn's disease, tuberculosis, diabetes mellitus, and others.
Irritable Bowel Syndrome # 8211; quite common pathology, but about the complaints to the doctors are addressed by the patients. It must be remembered that even functional disorders need to be treated and monitored, not only to improve the quality of life. Important task # 8211; not to miss the organic pathology.
Video games are not new for the current generation, both amateurs and professionals - with their help, civilian training and professional development of the military are being seriously pursued. In the world of electronic-virtual there are also fun, designed to address health issues.
Postpartum hemorrhoids are characterized by the appearance of inflamed venous nodes in the anus and occur to varying degrees in almost all women after childbirth.
This is explained by excessive load and strain of the body during childbirth. When the first # 8230;
A healthy, beautiful smile is perhaps a luxury. It is good, if from birth, lucky with bite, color and quality of teeth. But there are many factors that adversely affect a person's teeth. One of the main problems of teeth is a lack of calcium. #8230;
Multiple Sclerosis # 8211; inflammatory autoimmune disease of the central nervous system, in which own immune system gradually destroys the myelin sheath of nerve fibers in the spinal and the head the brain.
As a result, irreversible changes occur in the axons responsible for carrying out # 8230;
The fact that the current pathogenic microbes refuse to die under the influence of antibiotics is a challenge to the whole world of medicine.
Specialists from Denmark have discovered a secret code language, with which bacteria avoid control.
Understanding this language is essential for developing # 8230;
To get rid of fat folds on the abdomen and hanging sides with the help of only fitness exercises - the process is quite laborious and requires tremendous patience and strength. Therefore, you should definitely take control of your diet.
Excess body weight has long been # 8230;
All information is published for informational purposes and is not a guide to action without consulting a doctor.
Reprinting of materials is possible if there is a direct link to our site. | | Contacts
Irritable Bowel Syndrome
Violation of the intestinal function, manifested by abdominal pain and altered defecation, is classified in medicine as irritable bowel syndrome (IBS). It is generally believed that the disease is associated with the impact of psychological factors, if a person's intestines react sharply to any external invasion. The disease is quite common, it is diagnosed in patients of different ages, but according to statistics in women it occurs 2-3 times more often, which is associated with a special emotional perception of life situations.
Symptoms of the disease
The manifestation of the irritated bowel, as a rule, is explicit and sufficiently defined:
- pain in the subcostal area, often appear in the morning, but pass after bowel movement;
- chronic constipation;
- sharp and uncontrolled urge to defecate;
- after visiting the toilet, a feeling of fullness of the intestine remains;
- sometimes patients complain of increased gas production (flatulence);
- in the stool can be mucus.
Doctors say that irritable bowel symptoms often confuse with normal dysfunction (frustration), and most patients do not even know about their disease. Nevertheless, irritable bowel syndrome is a pathology that needs to be not only treated but also differentiated. It is important to remember what never happens with such a disease:
- blood in the feces - with this symptom should immediately call a doctor and do no attempt to recover yourself;
- night pain in the abdomen;
- increased body temperature (if irritable bowel syndrome did not occur during, for example, a cold or infectious disease);
- enlargement of the liver, spleen and pain in the area of their location.
It should also be cautious that the signs of IBS appeared after the age of 50 and there were relatives in the family with diagnosed oncology - the above signs may indicate the development of a malignant tumor in gastrointestinal tract.
Examination on suspicion of IBS
Before appointing the treatment of irritable bowel syndrome, it is necessary to exclude other pathologies. For this, the patient must undergo a complete examination, which includes:
- ultrasound examination of the pelvic organs and separately of the abdominal cavity;
- research of the rectum (colonoscopy) with mandatory collection of material for histological examination (biopsy);
- examination of the colon with the help of an X-ray with the introduction of a contrast medium - irrigoscopy;
- detection of violations in the endocrine system - the level of hormones secreted by the thyroid gland is determined;
- study of the immune system of the patient - immunogram.
In addition, blood tests, urine and feces must be submitted for laboratory testing:
- determination of the protein spectrum and electrolytes in the blood;
- presence of helminths in the feces;
- Three times the feces are examined for the presence of intestinal infections;
- general blood analysis.
Yes, the procedures are not the most pleasant, but in time to diagnose intestinal cancer or developing infection is much better than to then treat the neglected cases.
Treatment of irritable bowel syndrome
After all the necessary examinations are done, infections and oncology are excluded, and irritated bowels are an indisputable diagnosis, you need to undergo a course of treatment. What is included in the complex of medical measures for this ailment:
- Consultation and sessions with the therapist. Often, too acute emotional response to life situations, frequent nervous breakdowns and irritability are the cause of IBS development - this is an established fact. And the ability to cope with stress will help to calm the rapidly reacting to external stimuli intestine. What specifically helps the patient - relaxation sessions, hypnosis or taking sedatives - can only be solved by a specialist.
- If you have a diagnosis of irritable bowel syndrome - the diet will be a rescue. Experts recommend to abandon food, which includes biological and chemical additives. For example, sorbitol and xylitol, which are part of all chewing gums, have a laxative effect on the intestines. Refuse to have and from gas-producing products - sweet fizzy drinks, cabbage, beans. Alcohol and caffeine have a negative effect on bowel function, but increasing the amount of drinking drinking water (at least 2 liters per day) can get rid of constipation. Competently make up a diet will help a dietician.
- Change your daily routine. It is precisely established that the habit of emptying the intestines in the morning relieves patients from constipation. Good effect on the work of the intestines and fasted on a glass of water, and physical exercises scissors and bike # 8212; this gives the intestines a signal for active work since the morning. Please note that chronic fatigue, insomnia and excessive stress on the body worsen the state of health - this applies to the work of the intestines. Even if you know,how to treat irritable bowel syndrome. then this does not mean that you can do on your own. With diarrhea you will need to take antidiarrheal drugs, and chronic constipation can be cured only by those drugs that improve intestinal motility and include prebiotics - will be simultaneously normalized microflora. Moreover, herbal preparations for constipation can not be taken categorically: they intensify spasms, and the pain can feel unbearable.
The disease has a favorable prognosis, does not entail serious consequences and does not affect the quality of life of the patient in the future. The main thing is to correctly correct the regime of the day, nutrition, exercise and catch a wave of positive emotions.
Sources: http://midas.com.ru/sindrom-razdrazhennogo-kishechnika, http://kakmed.com/16094/srk-sindrom-razdrazhennogo-kishechnika/, http://www.academ-clinic.ru/sindrom-razdrazhennogo-kishechnika.html
No comments yet!
Share your opinion