Swelling and spasms of the intestines what to do
What to do with bloating
Bloating (flatulence) is a widespread condition, it can appear periodically and pass quickly enough. Its main manifestation is the excessive accumulation of gases in the intestines, which is caused by poor digestion of food. Food is not digested, the process of fermentation begins, gases are formed.
Causes of bloating
There are several reasons that contribute to this disease:
1. Products that people consume. The idea of what to do with bloating in many people appears after consuming milk and dairy products. Lactose or milk sugar begins to ferment in the gastrointestinal tract in case of lack of an enzyme in the body, which contributes, digesting milk and its derivatives.
Also, products that accompany the emergence of discomfort, you can include those that contain a fairly large amount of fiber, such as seeds, legumes, nuts, cabbage, fruit. The main rules for the consumption of such food are thorough chewing and slowing down. This can help avoid bloating.
2. Sometimes the occurrence o
3. In some cases, the reason lies not only in poor digestion of food, but also in certain diseases. In the presence of an illness, bloating is just an effect. To establish an accurate diagnosis and initiation of treatment, it is necessary to consult a specialist and undergo a survey.
Diseases that cause bloating
There are a number of diseases in which meteorism is a fairly common phenomenon:
1. In irritable bowel syndrome, nerve endings react strongly to food entering the body, and as a result, spasms appear in the large intestine. They prevent the further movement of fecal masses, which leads to constipation, stretching of the intestinal walls, increasing gas formation.
2. Appendicitis, diverticulitis, intestinal obstruction, cholelithiasis, ulcer or swelling in the intestine, obstruction of the urinary tract, dysbiosis - diseases that can lead to flatulence. It is useless to fight with bloating if there is any of these diseases. First of all, you need to pay attention to the very cause, to eliminate it, and only after recovery you can fight with bloating.
3. Sometimes the cause of the ailment lies not in the disease itself, but in the factors that provoked it - the nervous processes. The study of these processes is the science of psychosomatics. Treatment on the basis of this teaching, many attributed to the methods of alternative medicine, because, according to this science, the disease is a consequence of the wrong nerve impulses that generate the brain. If you exclude such impulses, then the disease will recede.
Recently, such methods of treatment are becoming more popular, thanks to the recognition of people who have recovered, who claim that this method helped them.
Some resort to such ways to drive away the disease when all other attempts failed. One woman with this method was able to recover from oncology. Her feelings, preceding the onset of the disease, she described how animal fear, intense anxiety, discontent, unwillingness to accept reality.
According to this method of traditional medicine, bloating is a consequence of fear, fear of change, inability to realize one's aspirations with a constant desire for self-realization.
From the Russian researchers of similar phenomena it is possible to allocate the candidate of psychological sciences. CM. Peunov. Svetlana Mikhailovna believes that fears are a fairly common cause of diseases, this was the main theme of her book, which described a very curious case.
The girl did not like her brother's bride and did not agree with his choice. After the wedding of the young her dislike grew into a strong sense of dislike. After a while she felt an ailment, which was expressed in spasms in the intestines and severe pains. After taking medication, relief did not come, and, after three days of torment, the girl turned to her friends for help, so that they advised her what to do with bloating.
One of them asked if it was all right, if there were any situations that upset her, I depress her, with whom she can not accept. After listening to the story of the reluctance to accept a brother's family in the family, a friend advised her to let go of the situation. Dislike will go away, and illness will also go away. The disease passed an hour after the patient was able to reconsider her attitude and settle down on this account.
However, not all trust non-traditional medicine. For such people, there are a number of tips on what to do with bloating.
How to get rid of bloating
- Walking after a meal speeds up digestion, promotes the release of hormones that help in the production of necessary enzymes;
- Do not eat too hot dishes or very cold food, do not drink soda. All these actions lead to ingestion of additional air, which can provoke the onset of bloating;
- Sorbents will help remove gases from the stomach;
- Significantly reduce the formation of gases with regular intake of herbal teas, in this case, suitable chamomile, mint;
- Food should be chewed as carefully as possible, so less air will enter the stomach, and the process of digestion of food will accelerate, because it begins already in the oral cavity;
- Vegetables and cereals should form the basis of a healthy diet in the event that bloating is associated with spasms. The fact that the dietary fiber of these products contribute to reducing flatulence due to softening of the contents of the intestine;
- Reduce the intake of food stimulants. They lead to excessive excitation of the gastrointestinal tract. Such products include chocolate, coffee, tea, fatty foods - these are food stimulants that excite the gastrointestinal tract too much, as a result of spasms and digestion disturbed;
- In order to avoid this problem for women in anticipation of the onset of menstruation, it is recommended to drink vitamins, especially vitamin B, to take, potassium and magnesium;
- You need to be attentive to your body, remember or even write down foods that provoke the onset of flatulence, in order to exclude them from the diet or reduce their consumption to a minimum;
- It is necessary to consult a doctor and get the diagnosis in order to detect diseases that lead to a regular swelling in a timely manner.
Folk remedies for bloating
- Brew tea with chamomile, peppermint and bay leaf. Take half a cup before meals (gently with a laurel leaf, in some cases causes bleeding!).
- Brew and drink a ginger. The root or powder of ginger is poured with boiling water and insisted, you can add this infusion to tea, so the problem is solved with bloating and immunity is strengthened.
- Exercises. You need to strain your stomach, then release. The repetition period is 10-15 times. Exercise is better to perform lying or leaning on, say, a table. This exercise will help improve bowel motility.
- Do not overeat.
All of the above recipes are quite effective in the complex.
Bloating (flatulence) in children. Intestinal colic
Causes and treatment of abdominal distention in a child. How to cope with intestinal colic.
Bloating (intestinal colic) is an extremely common phenomenon that is observed in all children without exception. Often the child's abdominal distension is the very first serious problem that young parents face. The main cause of abdominal distension (flatulence) in a child is underdevelopment of the intestine at the time of the birth of the child. With age, the child's intestines "grow up and intestinal colic disappears. Treatment of intestinal colic and flatulence in children includes: correction of nutrition of the mother and child, use of funds from bloating.
What is bloating and what are the causes of it in children?
Bloating is characterized by the accumulation of large amounts of gas in the intestine. Bloating in children occurs much more often than in adults and in an infant may cause intestinal colic. Intestinal colic is characterized by a spasm of the intestinal wall arising on the background of bloating and is accompanied by severe pain in the abdominal region. During intestinal colic, the child is restless, crying, often knitting with legs and grafting them to the tummy. In a healthy child, intestinal colic often develops in the afternoon (late in the evening) and lasts no more than 20 minutes. Esophageal colic attacks usually stop at the 3rd month of the child's life.
Inflammation of the abdomen in newborns can occur in healthy babies, as well as in children with various diseases of the digestive organs (see Fig. below). Therefore, in all cases of severe bloating, the child should be shown to his doctor. In children, flatulence arises from the fact that at the time of birth the intestine of the child and his nervous system are not sufficiently formed.
The cause of abdominal distention in infants can be:
Ingestion of air during feeding. So, during suckling the baby can swallow a lot of air, which can later come out as a regurgitation. To prevent regurgitation, it is enough for some time after feeding to keep the baby upright, so that the swallowed air will go out without food. If the child constantly and much regurgitates, make sure that you keep it properly while feeding and discuss this problem with the pediatrician.
Feeding unadapted formula, artificial feeding with improper dilution of mixtures.
Lactase deficiency is the absence of an enzyme that breaks down lactose, which is the main component of breast milk and most of the milk formula. In addition to severe bloating, symptoms of lactase deficiency in children may include constipation, severe diarrhea. Children with lactase insufficiency are transferred to artificial feeding with special mixtures without lactose.
Allergy to cow's milk proteins
What to do with intestinal colic and bloating in the child?
It is recommended that you first try to do without medication. After each feeding, the child should be kept in an upright position so that the swallowed air exits on its own. If the child has started an attack of abdominal pain, you need to put a warm water bottle on your tummy or make a warm bath.
Pay attention to the baby's nutrition, are the mixtures prepared correctly? If the baby is breastfed, you can not eat cabbage, sauerkraut, black bread.
In view of the fact that up to 3 months of age intestinal colic is considered to be practically a physiological condition, even correcting the nutrition of the child and the mother in most cases will not be able to protect the child from swelling stomach. Therefore, for the treatment of bloating and intestinal colic in children, it is recommended to use carminative drugs (funds for bloating). Espumizan is most often used for this purpose. This drug, getting into the intestine, is not absorbed into the blood, and, consequently, does not affect the child's body in any way. Espumizane is released as an emulsion with measuring spoons for children. Usually give one measuring spoon 3-5 times a day, mixing the emulsion to the baby food.
Sources: http://sovetcik.ru/zdorove/zabolevaniya/chto-delat-pri-vzdutii-zhivota.html, http://www.polismed.ru/meteorism-post-002.html
No comments yet!
Share your opinion