How to be treated for bowel infection
How to treat intestinal infection
Low-quality food and non-compliance with hygiene rules are the main reasons for the appearance of intestinal disorders. The youngest children are the most affected.
How and how to treat intestinal infection at home?
Isolate about 30 intestinal infections, damaging, in the first place, the digestive tract.
The most innocuous of intestinal infections is food poisoning. However, physicians often have to face more dangerous diseases such as botulism, cholera or typhoid fever. The way and how to treat an intestinal infection depends on the type of pathogen. The pathogenic microflora may include bacteria of salmonellosis, typhoid fever or cholera, toxins, as well as viruses (enterovirus and rotavirus).
It should be noted that the causative agents of intestinal infections are very tenacious in the external environment and can live for a long time in soil, water and even on some household items (cutlery, furniture, etc.). Especially rapidly multiplies pathogenic micr
Getting into the mouth, the pathogenic microflora immediately spreads to the stomach, and then the intestine, where accelerated reproduction occurs. With the moment of penetration of bacteria into the body, the incubation period begins, which usually lasts from 6 hours to 2 days and flows without any visible symptoms. Characteristic manifestations of intestinal infection begin to occur only when bacteria release toxic substances during their life. The clinical picture of intestinal infections is very similar to the symptoms of severe gastritis, enteritis, colitis and gastroenteritis. As a rule, signs of frustration appear suddenly. The following symptoms of intestinal infection may be of concern to the patient:
- Increased weakness and lethargy;
- Impairment of appetite;
- Slight increase in body temperature;
- Nausea and vomiting;
- Cramping in the abdomen;
- Diarrhea with mucus or blood;
- Strong thirst;
The most dangerous consequence of this disease is dehydration. Due to prolonged vomiting and diarrhea, the patient's body loses a lot of fluid and nutrients. The result of this phenomenon may be renal failure or dehydration shock. Especially difficult to tolerate intestinal infections are small children and elderly people.
To avoid complications and dangerous consequences, it is necessary to address with a question as soon as possible how to treat an intestinal infection, to the doctor-gastroenterologist. However, before the arrival of an "ambulance" or a visit to a specialist, the following measures should be taken:
- Lay the patient on the bed, placing a container for the vomit;
- In case of chills, cover the person with a blanket and put a warmer in his feet;
- Give the patient an individual set of dishes and cutlery;
- Protect the infected person from contact with children and the elderly;
- Do a gastric lavage. To do this, drink 1 liter of slightly saline water and induce vomiting;
- Provide the patient with a constant warm drink (a weak tea with sugar, drinking water, a solution of the "regidron").
After the symptoms subsided, within 1-2 days the patient should not eat anything. Later, when the state of health is noticeably improved, it is possible to gradually include light food in the diet. When intestinal infections are recommended rice porridge on the water, grated or baked apples, sour-milk products without additives, vegetable or chicken broths, wheat croutons.
Medications for intestinal infections
Than to treat an intestinal infection it is possible still? An auxiliary method of therapy is taking medications. For various intestinal infections, several groups of drugs are used:
- Enterosorbents (smecta, polyphepan, microsorb, activated charcoal) excrete toxins and remnants of pathogenic microflora from the body;
- Painkillers (no-shpa) relieve of severe pain in the abdomen, but before a visit to the doctor they should not be taken;
- Antidiarrhoeal agents (indomethacin, trimebutin and others);
- Antibiotics (cephalosporins, penicillins, aminoglycosides, etc.).
Treatment of intestinal infection
Acute intestinal infections are a group of diseases characterized by a lesion of the gastrointestinal tract. As diseases, they are widespread, and in terms of frequency of occurrence in humans are second only to respiratory diseases, so it is important to know how the intestinal infection is transmitted to avoid infection.
Causes of intestinal infections
The main cause of infection is bacteria and viruses. They produce an enterotoxin - this is a poison that, when ingested into the intestine of a person, causes it to be poisoned. In most cases, intestinal infections are transmitted through food, water, and also through household items.
The most common bacteria and viruses that cause disease are:
- dysentery bacillus (shigellosis);
- staphylococcus aureus;
- cholera vibrio;
All causative agents of intestinal infection have the ability to exist for a long time and even multiply in water, food and dirty hands.
Most bacteria are not normally dangerous to human health, they can live on it mucous membranes, skin, in the intestines, and in cases of disorders of immunity or weakening of the body, to be manifested. The viruses are parasites. They enter our cells and multiply, cause various diseases.
Symptoms of intestinal infection
Often the signs of an intestinal infection depend on its causative agent, but there are the main symptoms that are first manifested in any infection. These include:
- general weakness;
- lack of appetite;
Later, more dangerous signs appear: severe abdominal pain, vomiting and diarrhea.
Quite often there are chills, sweating and fever with intestinal infection. Intestinal bacterial infection requires immediate treatment, since the most dangerous consequence with it is dehydration. This is because, as with a liquid stool and vomiting, a person loses a large amount of moisture, as a result, the balance of potassium and sodium in the body is violated.
How to treat intestinal infection?
First of all, it should be noted that the treatment of intestinal infection should be of a complex nature. Along with the destruction of harmful microorganisms, the patient needs to restore the water balance and neutralize toxins. Therefore, first aid for intestinal infection should include enemotherapy and the adoption of special drugs - sorbents.
To know what medications for an intestinal infection should be given to a patient, it is important to determine which infection the patient has developed. This can be clarified in medical institutions through laboratory research. Before treating intestinal infection, the feces are analyzed. Bacterial infection can occur both in itself, so along with the virus disease, so the therapy of this disease necessarily includes antibiotics. to exclude the appearance of negative consequences.
If the entero virus infection is caused by an enterovirus, then it is necessary to use general strengthening and antiviral drugs for its treatment. Therapy of intestinal infection in adults and children, which is caused by adenovirus and is accompanied by a sufficiently long intoxication and fever,should include recovery of electrolyte balance and temporary starvation, since food can lead to the development of bacteria.
Speaking about the prevention of acute intestinal infections, we can note several main recommendations:
- always wash your hands before eating;
- Store raw meat and fish separately from ready-to-eat foods;
- Wash all fruits, vegetables, herbs and berries well before use.
What is dangerous for intestinal infection and how to treat it?
We are together again, my dear readers! Greetings!
Summer is a beautiful time. Time of the scorching sun, ripe fruits and vegetables. However, in this barrel of honey, we can find a spoonful of tar: diarrhea, vomiting, in a word - poisoning. In this article, we'll talk about how dangerous intestinal infection in children, symptoms and treatment of poisoning.
What are acute intestinal infections?
This is a group of diseases caused by various infections. They occur in the gastrointestinal tract, accompanied by common and local symptoms. If in the adult age immunity is strong, and a person can quickly cope with the disease, then the health of the baby such diseases can cause great harm, especially at the age of up to a year.
It all starts with a slight diarrhea or vomiting and then you, as wise parents should be very attentive. You see that the process does not stop, urgently call the doctor.
How to protect the child from infections?
All these are diseases of dirty hands - prevention consists in regular washing of handles, especially before eating. The same applies to fruits and vegetables - they must be clean and fresh.
Be especially careful when buying food at sea, whether it's corn or shrimp. You do not know where and when it was cooked, in what conditions and how it was stored.
Do not cook food, especially in the summer, for a week ahead. Yes, it's convenient, brewed a borscht and eat for health. And will it be health?
The most common intestinal infections in childhood:
- Intestinal flu
What is the symptomatology of the disease?
Depending on the source of infection, the symptoms and treatment may be different.
- With dysentery, the incubation period is rather short - it ranges from a day to seven. Then the temperature rises sharply - up to 39, and even 40 degrees. The child feels weak, becomes broken. His appetite is gone. It is possible vomiting in this state. When intestinal infection painful sensations of cramping in the abdominal region appear - they mainly focus in the left ileal region. The frequency of defecation increases tremendously from four to six to fifteen to twenty per day. If your crumbs have dysentery, then the stool is liquid, with an admixture of turbid mucus and blood.
- How to determine if a child has salmonellosis. In most cases, this ailment develops in the gastrointestinal form. Here the symptoms are similar to gastritis - subacute start, then febrile rise in temperature. Then adynamia and vomiting. A liquid stool, plentiful, with impurities of mucus and blood, is similar in color to marsh mud.
- If your baby has a rotavirus infection. then it is similar to acute gastroenteritis or enteritis. The incubation period is very short - from one to three days. Symptomatics manifests itself in a day, the defeat of the gastrointestinal tract is combined with catarrhal phenomena. There is rhinitis, in the throat is pershit, the child coughs. In addition to nasopharyngeal involvement, vomiting, general intoxication occurs. The stool becomes liquid and foamy, the frequency of defecation can reach up to fifteen times a day.
- Staphylococcal intestinal infection is possible due to eating food contaminated with staphylococcus. There is severe toxicosis, vomiting, the stool becomes frequent up to 15 times a day. It is liquid and greenish in color, watery, there is an admixture of mucus.
How to treat an ailment?
With the first symptoms, go straight to the doctor!
In order to make the correct diagnosis, it is necessary to conduct laboratory tests. The doctor will prescribe a treatment according to the results of the research, which must be adhered to rigorously. Until a year, most likely, a child with an intestinal infection is hospitalized. The same applies to small patients who have severe illness.
It is very important to follow a special diet. Do not make your crumb eat, if he does not want. Remember that the body should not be overloaded during illness. Even when your baby is on the mend, it's worth reducing the food volume by about half compared to the usual one.
At the same time, the number of feedings should be increased. When intestinal infections can give a child crackers. The same applies to rice and liquid cereals. Do not feed your baby with black bread, you can not drink whole milk and legumes during the period of ailment. Taboo - beets and cabbage. Because of these foods in the intestine increases fermentation.
The drinking regime should be strictly observed. What to give the baby, if he has vomiting, diarrhea, because in this case, dehydration of the body occurs? In case of a disorder of the intestine, cook your companion with a dried fruit compote - he will drink it with great pleasure.
You can make a berry of blueberries. The baby should drink small sips. For babies enough five milliliters of fluid at a time, older children - from ten to fifteen milliliters.
First aid for intestinal infection in a child
- When the first symptoms of infection should stop feeding your child. Otherwise, food, getting into the affected digestive system, becomes infected and further aggravates the course of the disease. If you have a baby, then feed it with your milk.
- It is necessary to give abundant drink - in small quantities, but often. Even in infancy, the child should be given a little water. If there is vomiting from drinking, then in this case cut the amount of water intake at a time. Be sure to increase the reception frequency.
- If your crumb already has half a year, give it an absorbent - it can be, for example, Enteros gel or activated charcoal. Depending on the weight of the baby, the dosage will be different. Proceed from this calculation: for ten kilograms of body weight, give one tablet of coal or a teaspoon of gel.
If you decide not to give the child to the hospital, but to conduct the necessary treatment in suitable home conditions, then all the same, the first thing you need to call a pediatrician at home. He will prescribe the best treatment. Your task is to adhere to all the recommendations unswervingly.
Because only so you can quickly cope with your child's illness. Self-medication here is unacceptable.
Perhaps the doctor will prescribe an antibiotic. So, you need to give this medicine, but in the dosages that the specialist will pick up for your baby.
Probably, on this we will put an end to today. Saying goodbye, I want to remind: subscribe to our blog, invite your friends from social networks to read the article, if you liked it. You can learn a lot of interesting and useful things by participating in the Child Health webinar.
See you soon. Good luck to you!
Sources: http://terapevtplus.ru/gastroenterologiya/kak-lechit-kishechnuyu-infekciyu/, http://womanadvice.ru/lechenie-kishechnoy-infekcii, http://chesnachki.ru/zdorove/chem-opasna-kishechnaya-infektsiya-i-kak-ee-lechit.html
No comments yet!
Share your opinion