What is bowel flatulence and how to treat it
How to treat flatulence
Increased gassing in the intestine, as a rule, is a consequence of problems with digestion. This unpleasant symptom can also be accompanied by a feeling of heaviness in the abdomen and eructation.
How and what to treat flatulence in case of problems with the intestines?
First of all, it is necessary to establish the cause of increased gas production, because it is only a consequence of gastrointestinal disturbances.
Pain and bloating in the abdomen, belching air and uncontrolled release of gases - all combine to paint a picture of flatulence. Gases in the intestine form bacteria during the fermentation of food. Unbalanced food disrupts the gassing process, resulting in an excessive amount gases in the intestine, which, accumulating in the digestive tract, cause bloating and discomfort in stomach. How to treat flatulence is quite an actual problem, but it does not represent any danger to health. The reasons for this kind of discomfort can be:
- Abuse of food rich in digestible carb
- Food intolerance (eg, lactose insufficiency);
- Frequent use of highly carbonated beverages;
- Poor mastication of food;
- Prolonged constipation;
- Disruption of absorption of nutrients;
- Lack of hormones in the pancreas.
Flatulence is a fairly common symptom of diseases such as peritonitis, intestinal obstruction and acute intestinal infections, colitis and pancreatitis, and also worms. In this regard, you should not rush to find out what to treat flatulence, since self-treatment without eliminating the cause of the disease can give only a temporary effect.
A characteristic sign of flatulence is frequent and involuntary discharge of gases from the intestine. Such a problem gives a significant discomfort to a person and causes embarrassment. As a rule, in addition to increased gas formation, there are also other symptoms inherent in this or that disease:
- Belching with air;
- Diarrhea or constipation;
- Impairment of appetite;
- General weakness;
- Pain and discomfort in the abdominal cavity.
Pain syndrome with flatulence, as a rule, is moderate. However, in some cases, patients are observed so-called gas colic - attacks of severe pain, reminiscent of severe contractions with the accumulation of gases and also rapidly passing after their release.
The meteorism and the causes of its occurrence are very closely related. Since increased gas production is only a consequence of disturbances in the work of the gastrointestinal tract, the doctor in order to understand how to treat flatulence, it is necessary to establish the origins of the appearance of this unpleasant symptom. For this purpose, the patient undergoes a thorough medical examination, which includes:
- Analysis of the patient's daily diet;
- Clarification of complaints (character and duration of symptoms, features of the course of the disease);
- Conduction of ultrasound of the abdominal cavity.
Treatment of flatulence
Than to treat a meteorism can tell only the attending physician. After diagnosis, the specialist will determine the cause of increased gas production in the intestine, which will allow to assign effective treatment in accordance with the existing disease. When developing therapeutic therapy, the doctor pursues two goals: elimination of flatulence and the root cause of its occurrence. As a symptomatic treatment, a gastroenterologist can prescribe adherence to a special diet and taking medications. The rest of the treatment will depend on the patient's primary illness.
Nutrition in meteorism involves, first of all, the rejection of fatty and heavy food, as it is poorly digested in the intestine. Also, it is necessary to exclude from the diet legumes and foods that the patient does not tolerate (for example, milk).
In the video below is a recipe for herbal tea from flatulence and bloating:
All varieties of cabbage, pears and apples, carbonated drinks, dairy and wholemeal products are also subject to exclusion. Instead, try to drink as much liquid as possible, include in the diet liquid soups and broths, easily digestible food.
Than to treat a meteorism advise physicians still? Reduce the formation of gases in the intestines will help the following drugs:
- Activated carbon;
- Enzymes of the pancreas (creos and analogs);
- Espumizan and others.
However, it is worthwhile to understand that these remedies have only symptomatic effect and can not eliminate the main cause of flatulence.
Find out more on the topic
- How to treat bloating The increased gas formation in the intestine is a common problem for people who eat unbalanced. The increase in gas production occurs when certain products are used. how
- How to treat irritable bowel syndrome Irritable bowel syndrome is a complex of digestive tract disorders. According to various sources, about 30% of the population suffers from this problem.
- How to treat inflammation of the intestines Disturbances of the gastrointestinal tract are just symptoms of more serious digestive disorders. In some cases, they require immediate treatment.
- How to treat the intestinal dysbiosis The imbalance between the obligate and opportunistic microflora in the intestine leads to the development of dysbacteriosis. This disease causes a lot of GI disorders. how
- Than to treat an intestine Problems with an intestine arise at each third person. However, it is difficult to determine the cause of discomfort, because the symptoms of intestinal diseases are largely similar.
What is flatulence?
Causes of flatulence
The causes of this disease are quite diverse. Flatulence can occur in a newborn as a result of a breach or imperfection of the enzyme system. Insufficient amounts of enzymes can lead to ingested undigested food particles in the lower intestine, the appearance of rotting processes, and fermentation with active release of gases. Violation of fermentation can also occur when there is a violation of the microflora of the colon, the presence of diseases of the digestive system (duodenitis, cholecystitis, gastritis, pancreatitis, hepatitis). Under normal conditions, most of the gases are absorbed by bacteria that live in the guts. If the balance between gas consuming and gas-producing organisms is disturbed, flatulence occurs.
Disorders of the motor activity of the intestine and its extension is another mechanism that triggers flatulence. Very often this problem arises after surgery, after which the intestinal motility is disrupted. The slow passage of food masses intensifies putrefactive and fermenting processes with high gas formation. Gas in the lumen of the inactive bowel causes paroxysmal severe pains. In the intestine, three kinds of gases are formed: those coming from the blood, formed in the lumens of the cecum, swallowed air. In the gastrointestinal tract, under normal conditions, about 200 milliliters of gases are contained.
The cause of the appearance of flatulence can become food. In addition to products that contain coarse fiber, legumes, you can also include carbonated drinks, lamb meat, kvass, rye bread. Emotional overloads and nervous disorders can lead to increased gas production due to slowing of peristalsis and spasm of the musculature of the intestine.
Symptoms of flatulence
Usually, flatulence is manifested by the presence of cramping pains and bloating, may be accompanied by eructations, constipation, nausea, decreased appetite or diarrhea. There are two main variants of manifestation of flatulence. In the first case, the main manifestation of flatulence is a significant increase in the abdomen, because of colonic spasm there is no escape of gases. The main sensations are pain, discomfort and abdominal distension. The second option is characterized by a rapid flow of gases, which limits the stay in society. The pain syndrome in this case is weakly expressed, there are complaints of rumbling in the abdomen.
Treatment of flatulence
Enough to suffer, it's time to deal with a pressing problem. The principle of treatment is to eliminate the causes of increased gas production. Usually treatment includes the following stages: correction of diet, restoration of motor disorders, removal of gases from the lumen of the intestine, treatment of disorders of the biocenosis of the intestine. The treatment uses activated carbon, Polyphepan, Polysorb, white clay and Dimethicone. These drugs reduce the absorption of toxins, gases and other compounds, promote their elimination. Some of the herbal remedies that can be made to have a meteoric effect at home: infusion of coriander and cumin fruit, fennel and dill, mint leaves and flowers chamomile.
Causes and treatment of flatulence
Flatulence - what is it, the mechanism of development
The main function of the small intestine is the cleavage (digestion) of complex organic compounds (polymers) to simpler (monomer) molecules, which are then absorbed from the intestine into the blood. The process of splitting of complex organic molecules can be accompanied by the release of gas. This is primarily due to the connection to the digestive process of the bacterial flora, which actively releases gas. In the case of the predominance in the intestine of food splitting processes with the participation of bacteria, a large amount of gas is formed, leading to the development of flatulence. Also, flatulence can be the result of a violation of excretion of gas from the intestine, with its normal formation. Normally, in the intestine within a day, up to, l of gases are formed, respectively, if this volume is exceeded, flatulence develops.
Causes of flatulence
In accordance with the development mechanism, flatulence in adults develops as a result of the action of 2 groups of causes, leading to increased gassing in the intestine or to a worsening of its excretion. To increase the formation of gas in the intestine lead to such causal factors:
- Insufficient number of enzymes in the intestine necessary for normal course of digestion processes - acute or chronic pancreatitis (inflammation of the pancreas, leading to a decrease in the production of digestive enzymes), inadequate production of enzymes by mucosal cells guts. With insufficient digestive enzymes, the process of digestion of food occurs to a greater extent due to bacteria.
- Violation of normal microflora in the small and large intestine - in the case of the predominance of putrefactive flora over sour milk bacteria, develops flatulence.
- The use of food products, digestion of which is accompanied by increased formation of gases - starch, fiber (cellulose) are contained in legumes, their digestion is carried out only at the expense of microflora.
To the violation of the excretion of gases, the causative factors that reduce the evacuation function of the gut are cited, these include:
- Mechanical impairment of patency of the lumen of any part of the intestine due to the development of benign or malignant neoplasm, adhesion process (adhesions - connective tissue ligaments between the loops of the intestine, which can squeeze it site).
- Reduction of peristalsis (movement of the intestinal walls, which ensure the pushing of its contents into the lower parts) is the result of general intoxication of the body, the development of intestinal infection or food poisoning, intoxication with salts of heavy metals.
- Infringement of blood supply to the large or small intestine - insufficient blood flow to the intestine causes its paresis (absence of tonus and peristaltic movements).
- Violation of the evacuation function due to psychoemotional loads, leading to a change in the normal innervation of the intestinal walls.
A separate cause of increased gas formation in the intestine and worsening of its excretion is high altitude flatulence. It develops when a person ascends to a height and reduces atmospheric pressure, leading to the transition of substances dissolved in the food into a gaseous state.
What products cause flatulence
The use of foods that contain a lot of starch and vegetable fiber (cellulose) can cause flatulence and with a normal functional state of the digestive system. Such products include:
- legumes - soybeans, beans, peas, beans;
- all kinds of cabbage - white cabbage, cauliflower, broccoli;
- fungi - contain chitin, which is practically not broken down by digestive enzymes;
- radish, radish, onion, garlic, artichokes;
- pears, grapes, apples;
- porridge from all groats, except rice;
- sparkling water.
In the case of human lactase deficiency (lack of enzyme, lactose-splitting milk), flatulence develops with the use of dairy products.
- Bloating with an increase in volume.
- Periodic abdominal pains that have a spastic character, they decrease with the escape of gases.
- Feeling of bursting.
- Increased exhaust gases - flotation, which brings discomfort to a person and limits his stay in society.
All these symptoms are of different severity. Other phenomena of dyspepsia (digestive disorders) may also be associated with them - nausea, unstable stools, periodic vomiting or diarrhea, rumbling in the abdomen.
How to treat flatulence
The main goal of the treatment, helping to get rid of flatulence, is to eliminate the cause of increased gas production or disruption of gas removal. For this purpose, an integrated approach is being implemented with the implementation of several main activities:
Oleg Tabakov shared his secret of successful struggle against high pressure.
- Diet with flatulence and swelling - all products that lead to increased gas production are excluded. The intake of food should be frequent, but in small portions, which reduces the burden on the organs of the digestive system and improve the quality of food degradation.
- Enzyme preparations - taken with meals, improves the digestion of food in the intestines, are used temporarily for the inadequacy of their own digestive enzymes (Pancreatin, Mezim, Festal).
- Adsorbents - the basic means, helping to fight with flatulence due to the binding (sorption) of gas on its surface. These include activated charcoal (taken in large amounts, not less than 6-7 tablets), polyphepam, white clay.
- Means for strengthening intestinal motility - metoclopramide.
Treatment of flatulence in the home is possible folk remedies, which include cumin, dill, mint leaves, fennel, chamomile flowers. These agents improve the removal of gases from the intestine and suppress their formation.
If there is no effectiveness from treatment with repeated increased gas production, it is necessary to pass additional examination to determine the causes of flatulence and subsequent therapy of the main disease.
Sources: http://terapevtplus.ru/gastroenterologiya/kak-lechit-meteorizm/, http://www.kakprosto.ru/kak-825814-chto-takoe-meteorizm, http://www.infmedserv.ru/stati/prichiny-i-lechenie-meteorizma
No comments yet!
Share your opinion