Than to treat intestines and diarrhea
Diarrhea with cancer. Reasons and how to quickly eliminate?
Oncological diseases are often complicated by the development of diarrhea. Diarrhea in cancer is a rather dangerous condition which, if untreated, can lead to intestinal trauma, dehydration and loss of important electrolytes.
Symptoms include the presence of watery bowel movements, abdominal pain, spasms, inability to hold the stool. Diarrhea in cancer is a side effect of therapeutic measures or infection of the body. Moreover, it can be exacerbated by the action of some food products if the special diet for cancer is not adhered to.
Levels of the disease
The Cancer Institute has established such stages for determining the complexity:
- The initial stage represents an increase in bowel movements up to four times a day.
- The amount of diurnal stool varies from 4 to 6 times.
- At seven feces per day, hospitalization is recommended.
- Deterioration of the condition to 10-seat stools per day is life-threatening. May be accompanied by blood and mucus.
Why does diarrhea occur with cancer?
The use of some methods of anticancer treatment, like other factors of oncological disease, can cause diarrhea:
- The action of the tumor itself, which produces hormones and chemicals (paraneoplastic syndrome).
- Chemotherapy irritates the mucosa of the digestive system. Complication usually occurs in the early days. Dangerous medications contain fluoropyrimidines or irinotecan.
- Radiotherapy in the pelvis and anus. Defecation is sometimes manifested in conjunction with meteorisms and spasms.
- Infections that weaken the immune system along with oncology.
- Side effects of drugs, in particular some types of antibiotics, antiemetics, laxatives, medicines with magnesium content.
Diarrhea in stomach cancer
It can be provoked both by the neoforming itself and by its treatment, in particular:
- the production of hormones that stimulate the colon to secrete water;
- infections that interfere with the functioning of the body;
- antibiotics that can change the composition of normal bacteria in the intestine;
- patients after surgery who have a reduced ability to digest food. In this connection, chronic bacteria are formed.
Diarrhea in bowel cancer
Emptying is not only frequent, but also characterized by the following conditions:
- mucus is secreted;
- feces begin to take a small-caliber or tape-like shape. This means that education compresses the internal space of the intestines and prevents the passage of feces;
- abdominal cramps appear. Can mean an obstruction of the intestine - a blockage blocking the circulation of blood. Depending on the severity, a spasm appears in the abdomen. Soreness and bloodiness of excretions indicates that the neoplasm perforates the walls of the intestine.
With diarrhea in colorectal cancer
With intestinal oncoformations, the various stages of the disorder are not uncommon. Together with them are revealed and such features:
- The presence of a bloody stool provoked by the development of a tumor that damages the walls of the organ;
- despite therapy, the patient's condition worsens;
- spastic pains indicate the complexity of diarrhea and require intensive treatment;
- general weakness, lethargy, dizziness, absence of urination or urine of dark color.
To manage the situation, it is advisable to take blood tests for fat-soluble vitamins, in particular B12, and also to examine feces.
Diarrhea in cancer: what to do?
- Drink a lot of clear liquid (natural juices from apricot, peach, pear, cranberry, grapes, broths).
- There are soft foods with low fiber content: bananas, poached poached or boiled, potatoes without butter, rice, toast.
- Eat often and in small portions.
- Eat foods high in potassium, because it can be lost by the body.
- Try probiotics - useful bacteria that help restore normal digestion. In its natural form are in yogurt and kefir. Also, are offered in pharmacological agents.
- Avoid foods that irritate the gastrointestinal tract: alcohol, caffeine, cabbage, orange and plum juice, etc.
If the manifestations of diarrhea are caused by therapeutic measures (chemistry, radiation) or an operation associated with bowel cancer. the diet is unlikely to help. It is necessary to seek the help of specialists.
Doctors usually notify the patient about the system of influencing the urge to defecate:
- Set an exact cause to treat the disease in the complex, and not just to remove the symptoms.
- Assign drug therapy, respectively, to the level of the disease.
- Apply traditional medicine.
- Guided by special exercises. These skills are especially useful to patients after resection.
Most of the products are sold without a prescription. When a patient is in the stage of active treatment of the oncological process, all procedures should be prescribed by the doctor.
Antidiarrheal agents are presented as medicines that should be administered in a complex way:
- transit intestinal inhibitors: # 17; modum # 187 # 17; omotil # 187; and analogues # 17; Nkefaline # 187
- antisecretory agents: octreotide acetate, berberine, blockers of chloride channels, etc .;
- amino acids, glucose, solutions for oral rehydration;
- substances that absorb toxins: a variety of clays, coal, etc .;
- antispasmodic: hyoscine butyl bromide (# 17; accelerator # 187;).
The first thing a patient should do is to take pharmaceutical drugs against diarrhea. This, for example, # 17; operumid # 187; (# 17; modum # 187;) according to the following scheme:
- two capsules (4 mg) from the onset of an exacerbation and 2 mg every two to three hours until the diarrhea ceases;
- at night, it is also worth to drink 4 mg and continue every four hours during the night until the morning.
If the remedy does not work, you can alternate it with a single dose of # 17; omotila # 187; instead of # 17; modi # 187; (1 to 2).
With excessive defecation a person can lose a lot of fluid, resulting in dehydration. To prevent complications, in addition to drugs, you should definitely use electrolytes - drinks containing sodium, potassium and sugar.
Folk recipes for treatment
There are some ways that slow down the intensified work of the intestine and reduce the frequency of the stool, in particular:
- , g plantain or 100 ml decoction of this herb to combine with 1 teaspoon of methylcellulose and diluted in water. Drink after eating once and before bedtime for 5 days. 1 hour after taking any other liquid is prohibited.
- From 6th to 10th day, the dose should be doubled.
- From 11 th to 15 th - you can drink 4 times a day.
After cessation of symptoms, the way out of the treatment should be smooth and gradual: first, eat a full-fledged low-fat and non-acute healthy breakfast, then a mild dinner, etc.
Also, to control diarrhea will help such recipes:
- carrot-lemon-apple juice;
- Lactacid, soy, rice and almond milk, homemade yogurt from lactose;
- bars of blueberries and muesli;
- mashed potatoes;
- rice soup.
Diarrhea with canceris fraught with many complications, therefore requires a very qualified approach and competent treatment.
How to treat diarrhea and abdominal pain?
Quite known symptoms - diarrhea and rezi in the abdomen - tend to signal the presence of an inflammatory process in the body. And the combination can meet both in children and adults as a result of food poisoning, intestinal infection or the presence of serious pathologies of the gastrointestinal tract. How to get rid of these symptoms in certain diseases, we will discuss later in the article.
What can cause diarrhea and abdominal pain
Most often, loose stools and abdominal pains are manifestations of intestinal infection. And a great number of microorganisms capable of exciting it:
- pathogenic bacteria (intestinal and dysentery bacillus, staphylococcus, salmonella, typhoid fever),
- viruses (rotaviruses, enteroviruses),
- parasites (worms, lamblia, amoeba).
As a result of the activities of any of these uninvited guests, the work of the intestinal tract is disrupted, and the infected have diarrhea and abdominal resuscitation. As you understand, it is necessary to treat in these cases not the symptoms, but the cause that caused them. For this, the patient needs to undergo an examination and clarify the cause of the trouble.
Quite often, abdominal pain and loose stools are symptoms of salmonellosis, which occurs in humans and animals. Salmonella is a very hardy microorganism. It remains active for a long time and tolerates even unfavorable conditions: so at a temperature of 70 C this bacterium dies only after 7-10 minutes! In a piece of meat 12 cm thick, Salmonella does not die even after boiling, but in the smoked or salted salt they remain active for a month. In butter, it can well feel 4 months, and in milk - until the time when it will turn sour.
On the first day after infection, the patient has abdominal pain, diarrhea, fever, nausea and vomiting. And the greatest danger in this disease is a toxic shock, which can cause cerebral edema, kidney or heart failure.
Treatment of salmonellosis
Proceeding from the danger posed by salmonellosis, abdominal resuscitations and diarrhea caused by this disease are treated only in conditions of an infectious hospital.
- After the diagnosis is clarified, the patient is cleansed with the maximum possible dose of sorbents (Smecta, Polysorb, etc.), which helps the products of the life of bacteria to go out with feces, and not to be absorbed into the blood.
- Conduct rehydration procedures, that is, restore the necessary volume of fluid in the body. To do this, use intravenous salt solutions and glucose. Depending on what is the electrolyte composition of the patient's blood, droppers are prescribed with solutions of Ringer, Trisol, Acesol, and so on. And additionally, the patient is drunk with Regidron or Humaine Electrolyte.
- Antibiotic therapy is reduced to taking one or two kinds of antibiotics (Ceftriaxone, Norfloxacin, Ciprofloxacin, etc.). They are usually administered in the first 5 days of the disease intravenously or intramuscularly, and subsequently, with a decrease in the level of intoxication and improvement in overall well-being, in the form of tablets.
The described symptoms are not less often manifested with another intestinal infection, transmitted from person to person, dysentery. It can be infected at any time of year, but in summer, as a rule, peak incidence is observed.
Dysentery bacillus, after falling into the stomach, dies in large amounts, secreting endotoxin. It is absorbed into the intestines and carried by blood through the body, poisoning it. And the surviving part of the bacteria is located in the colon, where it causes the development of the inflammatory process until the appearance of ulcers.
In dysentery patients complain of cramping pains and abdominal pains and diarrhea, which are accompanied by weakness, chills and fever. Very frequent bowel movements (up to 20 times a day) after a while become lean, and mucus and blood appear in them, there are tenesmus (painful false urges for emptying).
Treatment of dysentery
Diarrhea and abdominal pain caused by dysentery can be treated in the infectious diseases hospital and at home, depending on the severity of the disease. The patient is assigned adsorbents (Polyphepanum, Smecta), drugs that improve the intestinal microflora (Linex, Bifidobacterin, Lactobacterin, etc.), as well as antibiotics.
When treating a patient, a sparing diet is necessary and strict quarantine is observed.
What is intestinal flu
But diarrhea, vomiting, and abdominal resuspension may also be symptoms of a viral infection (most often rotaviruses or enteroviruses). In such cases, they talk about intestinal flu.
Usually, the disease manifests itself sharply and suddenly, and the symptoms are joined by pain in the muscles, weakness, rapidity of the pulse, runny nose, sore throat, lacrimation, photophobia, pain in the heart, which, as you understand, can make diagnosis more difficult disease.
Infection with viruses, like bacteria, occurs when the rules of hygiene are violated (dirty hands, poorly washed fruits and vegetables, etc.). A patient with this type of infection is very contagious, since rotaviruses, for example, are able to withstand a fairly low temperature and can be in unfavorable conditions for a long time.
How to treat intestinal flu
There is no special treatment for intestinal flu. And if a patient has abdominal pain and diarrhea, the treatment is reduced to taking symptomatic medications:
- to stop the absorption of toxic substances and accelerate the removal of pathogens, adsorbents are assigned (Smecta, Enterosgel, activated carbon, etc.);
- to reduce the temperature, which can last up to 4 days with intestinal flu, antipyretic drugs are required (Paracetamol, Ibuprofen);
- and to slow the peristalsis of the intestine and move along the digestive tract of the contents, astringents (oak bark, St. John's wort, camomile flowers, etc.) are used;
- to restore the beneficial microflora in the stomach of the patient requires lactose-containing substances (Linex, Bifikol).
In the diet of the patient include jelly, chicken broth, rice porridge, which are offered in small portions. And in the presence of frequent loose stools and vomiting, the lack of fluid and salts is restored by frequent drinking and taking the drug Regidron.
It should be noted that rotaviruses are susceptible to an increase in body temperature, and at 38 ° C they begin to die, so it is not recommended to knock down it with intestinal flu below this level.
Sources: http://orake.info/ponos-diareya-pri-rake-prichiny-kak-bystro-ustranit/, http://fb.ru/article/209830/kak-lechit-ponos-i-rezi-v-jivote
No comments yet!
Share your opinion