How to cure chronic colitis of the intestine
How to treat chronic colitis of the intestine?
The term "colitis" hides a whole group of diseases in which inflammatory and dystrophic processes occur in the large intestine. Most often, the entire intestine is affected, but in some cases, the process is limited to any one department. Colitis is divided into acute and chronic. Chronic variety of colitis is characterized by a prolonged, often flaccid, course.
Causes of chronic intestinal colitis
The causes leading to the development of colitis can be very diverse. These include nutritional factors, in other words, colitis can develop due to gross violations of the nutritional diet. Bacteria, viruses or fungi also play a fairly important role in the etiology of this disease.
Coprostasis, that is, the stunting of feces in the intestinal cavity, leads to inflammation in the large intestine. Most often, the etiology of colitis is multifactorial, and therefore this disease occurs when several factors act simultaneously.
Symptoms of chronic intestinal colitis
Symptoms of chronic colitis differ in the variety of manifestations. Pain in this pathological process, constant and aching. Sometimes it takes a grasping appearance.
A clear place for localization is not always possible due to the spilled character. In addition to pain is observed:
- disorders of stool,
- dyspeptic disorders, such as eructations, vomiting or nausea, a general slight weakness.
Treatment of chronic colitis is multi-directional. This process requires treatment, mainly during the period of exacerbation.
Due to inexperience, this disease can be confused with appendicitis. To avoid this, you need to know the symptoms of how appendicitis hurts.
Treatment of chronic colitis
An important place in the therapy of the disease is dietary nutrition. In the first days of the disease, complete starvation is shown, then the patients are transferred to a therapeutic diet under number 4. In this diet, food is selected in such a way as to have only the minimal impact on the inflamed intestinal walls and to prevent the occurrence of fermentation processes.
The diet itself becomes fractional, the number of meals should be increased up to 6 times a day. The size of portions is reduced. Vegetables are used exclusively in boiled or steamed form. Meat is better to use lean, such as chicken or turkey.
Tea and coffee should not be strong. Of the juices, the use of grape and apricot is prohibited, since they increase intestinal motility and gas formation processes. From the use of raw fruits and vegetables are excluded, fried, fatty and salted dishes, alcohol and sweets.
During the exacerbation of the process, the patient must take antibacterial drugs that destroy the pathogenic flora in the intestine. This is necessary to prevent the development of a process such as dysbiosis. After a course of antibiotics, it is advisable to start taking drugs containing bifidobacteria and lactobacilli, for example, acipol or linex.
For general strengthening of the body, it is necessary to conduct a course of vitamin therapy. B vitamins, as well as ascorbic acid, are administered parenterally to avoid irritation of the intestinal mucosa.
When the processes of digesting food are violated, enzyme preparations are prescribed. With a pronounced bloating, activated charcoal helps well. Many patients report an improvement after using physical procedures such as diathermy.
Basic methods of therapy of chronic intestinal colitis
Treatment of chronic intestinal colitis requires an integrated approach and compliance with all prescriptions of the treating doctor. Modern methods of treatment involve the use of certain groups of medicines, the implementation of procedures for physiotherapy, as well as compliance with the diet. As a supplement, folk methods of therapy can be used.
Consider how to treat chronic colitis with the help of medications. Drug therapy should be implemented taking into account the fact that the disease can have the infectious nature of origin. In this case, the following groups of medicines can be used:
- Medicines from the group of sulfonamides up to 6 times a day, followed by a transition to a four-fold reception.
- Preparations-nitrofurans: Furazolidon.
- Antibacterial drugs - during the treatment it is possible to combine several antibiotics at once: for example, Tetracycline and Levomycetin.
Since antibiotics can cause the development of dysbiosis, which in itself provokes violations of normal functioning of the intestine, additionally should use the drug Nystatin, as well as probiotics: Bifiform, Lineks, Bifidumbacterin.
In the event that colitis is allergic, it is advisable to prescribe antihistamines: Suprastin, Desloratadine.
As symptomatic therapy, these groups of drugs are prescribed:
- With the development of a stubborn, long-lasting diarrhea, the use of tannins, which envelop the irritated mucous membrane of the intestine, is required. This can be a decoction of oak, sea buckthorn oil, an infusion of St. John's wort.
- To eliminate the manifestations of flatulence, use Espumizan or a decoction of fennel fruits.
- To eliminate spasms in the abdomen, use No-Shpu or Papaverin.
- In case of constipation, the patients are recommended to perform the procedure of cleansing enema, as well as the use of laxatives: preparations based on lactulose, crust bark, senna leaves.
- Disturbances of the stool, flatulence and abdominal pain can negatively affect the psychoemotional state of the patient. For the purpose of correcting anxiety disorders, vegetative preparations that have a calming effect can be used: Persen, Novopassit, valerian tablets.
Since the main manifestations of colitis can contribute to the development of hypovitaminosis, the patient is prescribed multivitamin complexes, which include vitamins of group B, folic acid, vitamins A, E and C, iron.
- With the development of spastic colitis requires the imposition of heat, massage the stomach.
- Induction procedure.
- Electrophoresis with medicinal products: calcium chloride, vitamins, spasmolytic drugs
- Diadynamic current treatment.
It is also beneficial for the patient to have a sanatorium-and-spa treatment, which should be performed during periods between exacerbations of the disease.
The use of folk methods of treatment, as well as phyto-therapy can be carried out during the period of remission. Selection of herbs is performed by the attending physician. During the therapy, medicinal herbs such as alder fruits, St. John's wort, mint, ginger, sea buckthorn oil can be used.
In pharmacies, you can buy special gastrointestinal fees, which contribute to the elimination of spasms of the intestines, constipation, diarrhea, flatulence. To achieve the best effect of phyto treatment should be long.
In addition, patients are recommended to perform general strengthening procedures, tempering the body and increasing motor activity. During the whole period of treatment, a special diet prescribed by the attending physician is required.
Share with friends:
How to treat colitis
The large intestine performs important functions: it ensures the absorption of water and contains microorganisms necessary for life. Its inflammation leads to disruption of the whole digestive process.
How and what to treat colon colitis?
At the heart of the disease is damage to the intestinal mucosa. Remarkable is the fact that colitis is the most common gastrointestinal disease. The development of the disease is facilitated by intestinal infections (eg, bacterial dysentery). Streptococci, staphylococci and proteas can provoke colitis.
The most violent disease occurs if it was caused by an intestinal infection. Getting on the intestinal mucosa, pathogenic bacteria damage it, because of what the inflammatory process develops. The walls of the large intestine swell, the production of mucus and peristalsis is disturbed. Toxins, released during the life of pathogenic microflora, cause unpleasant symptoms of colitis. Among the causes of this disease, doctors-gastroenterologists distinguish:
- Long-term use of antibiotics and other medications (antipsychotics, laxatives, etc.);
- Intestinal infections (dysentery, salmonellosis, etc.);
- Inadequate nutrition (monotonous food, abuse of flour and meat, spicy foods and alcohol);
- Intestinal dysbiosis;
- Food allergy;
- Hereditary predisposition;
- Infections in the pancreas or gallbladder.
In some cases, for example, with Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis, the causes of the inflammatory process in the intestine may remain unclear.
One of the main signs of colitis of the large intestine is a pain in the abdomen. Depending on the course of the disease, the nature of pain can vary. They are also accompanied by rumbling and swelling of the abdomen. Since colitis can occur in both acute and chronic forms, the clinical picture in each of the cases has its own characteristics:
In acute colitis
In the large intestine the mucous membrane strongly swells and, together with this, its thickening takes place. Patients with this diagnosis note the following symptoms:
- Strong pain;
- Admixtures of blood and mucus in stool;
- Painful urge for defecation;
With chronic colitis
When the colitis is chronic, the inflammatory process extends not only to the rectum, but also to the ligamentous-muscular apparatus. This is reflected in the patient's condition. The bright symptoms of chronic colitis are:
- Stool disorder (constipation or diarrhea);
- Severe pain localized in a specific abdomen;
- Bloody mucus discharge in the feces;
In deciding how to treat colitis, the causes, form and type of the disease must be taken into account. In the event that the inflammation in the intestines was caused by an infection. It will take a course of antibacterial therapy. Among medicines for the treatment of colitis, doctors prefer the following groups:
- Antidiarrhoeal preparations. Lopyramid and the like will help to eliminate the symptoms of moderate colitis. However, do not use them too often;
- Aminosaliclates. Have antidiarrhoeal action and are aimed at eliminating inflammation in the intestine;
- Antibiotics. Used for intestinal infections, as well as for the prevention of complications;
- Multivitamins. Replenish the supply of vitamins and minerals. Particularly necessary in colitis, as the disease disrupts the absorption of substances in the intestine.
Diet in colitis
What can you do to treat colitis? At home, to cope with the painful symptoms of inflammation of the intestines will help the diet. And although nutrition is not the main cause of the development of pathology, some foods can exacerbate the course of the disease. If you follow a diet, follow these recommendations:
- Limit the use of dairy products, cereals, raw vegetables and fruits;
- Completely eliminate from the diet carbonated drinks, coffee, fried and fatty foods;
- Eat small meals every 3 hours, so as not to overload the digestion;
- Drink plenty of water, but avoid harmful to the digestive process of drinks (coffee, alcohol, sweet soda).
Find out more on the topic
- How to treat colon colitis Colitis is an acute inflammation of the mucous membrane of the large intestine. The disease often occurs simultaneously with gastritis or enterocolitis. How and what
- How to treat inflammation of the intestines Disturbances of the gastrointestinal tract are just symptoms of more serious digestive disorders. In some cases, they require immediate treatment.
- Than to treat diarrhea in an adult If unstable stools often bother you, and moreover, are accompanied by other digestive disorders, it makes sense to talk about diarrhea. In people
- How to treat the intestinal dysbiosis The imbalance between the obligate and opportunistic microflora in the intestine leads to the development of dysbacteriosis. This disease causes a lot of GI disorders. how
- Than to treat an intestine Problems with an intestine arise at each third person. However, it is difficult to determine the cause of discomfort, because the symptoms of intestinal diseases are largely similar.
Sources: http://pichevarenie.ru/kak-lechit-hronicheskiy-kolit-kishechnika/, http://mygemorroj.ru/metody-terapii-xronicheskogo-kolita-kishechnika/, http://terapevtplus.ru/gastroenterologiya/kak-lechit-kolit/
No comments yet!
Share your opinion