How to treat a crack in the intestine
A crack in the rectum, or anal fissure, is one of the most frequent proctologic diseases. It is a defect of the rectal mucosa, linear, oval or triangular in shape, measuring several millimeters to 2 cm. The disease affects people of any age, including frequent cracks in the rectum in children, in women this pathology is more common because of the anatomical features of the structure of the anus.
Causes of Rectal Fracture
The causes of a rectal fissure are inflammation of the gastrointestinal tract and mechanical trauma. Often, these two reasons are combined.
Inflammation in any part of the gastrointestinal tract, including its upper part, for example, gastritis or cholecystitis, increases the risk of a rectal fissure. The departments of the digestive system communicate with each other, so the inflammation in one department leads to the pathology of the mucous membrane throughout the gastrointestinal tract, increasing its vulnerability.
Mechanical injury to the rectum occurs during the passage of
The combination of these two facts often serves as a cause of a rectal fissure in children, with endobiosis (it's helminthiasis, just worms). In this case, the lower part of the intestine is often inflamed and swollen, and the worm eggs deposited in the anus area cause severe itching. As a result, combing the area of the anus, the child can cause damage to the mucous membrane of the anal region, which is aggravated when passing stool.
Symptoms of a rectal fissure
There are acute and chronic forms of a rectum fissure. Chronic form occurs when there is no treatment for acute disease.
The main symptom of a rectal fissure is pain in the anus. With a sharp crack in the rectum, pain appears only during the act of defecation, it is intense, but does not last more than 15 minutes. The chronic rectal fissure is characterized by a less intense, but more prolonged pain syndrome. Pain can also occur regardless of the act of defecation, for example, with prolonged sitting.
In both acute and chronic forms, one of the symptoms of a rectal fissure can be bleeding from the anus. As a rule, bleeding is insignificant, the blood is scarlet, not mixed with fecal masses, as it happens with bleeding of the overlying parts of the gastrointestinal tract. Bleeding is associated with defecation, and is caused by the passage of dense stools through the damaged area.
Another characteristic symptom of a rectal fissure is a complicated defecation, and associated constipation. Difficulties in defecation arise due to severe pain syndrome. Pain during passage of feces, especially dense, can be so intense that there is a reflex spasm of the anal sphincter. In the chronic form of the disease, a fear of defecation develops, which only aggravates the symptoms of a rectal fissure, as the fecal masses become denser and more traumatized by the inflamed mucosa. Chronic rectal fissure can be accompanied by the release of pus from the anus.
With a rectal fissure in children, defecation is accompanied by crying, the child tries to avoid the pot, is capricious, also blood in the stool or on a napkin attracts attention.
Diagnosis of a rectal fissure
In the presence of characteristic symptoms of the rectal fissure, the anus is inspected, and a finger examination of the rectum is also performed. In view of the considerable morbidity and potential for infection of the pararectal area, retunoscopy in this case is not apply, and in case of acute necessity (for example, if a tumor is suspected of a rectum) anesthesia.
Inspection allows you to detect in a sharp crack in the rectum a linear mucosal defect with smooth edges, and for chronic - oval or triangular defect, with expanded granulation and scarring cloth.
Additionally, laboratory blood tests (for HIV, syphilis, hepatitis, blood sugar and general analysis) and feces are performed. With a rectal fissure in children, it is necessary to examine the feces for the eggs of the worm.
Treatment of rectal fissure
Treatment of the rectal fissure begins with the use of drug therapy, and in case of failure, they resort to surgical intervention.
Medicamentous treatment of a rectum crack includes the following measures:
- Provision of a regular soft stool, which is achieved by the appointment of a dairy and vegetable diet with sufficient fiber, and the appointment of enemas. Enema is performed daily, a weak solution of antiseptic, usually for this purpose used herbal medicinal herbs;
- The use of analgesic and anti-inflammatory drugs in the form of rectal suppositories, microclysters and warm baths, and in severe cases and as injections directly into the crack region;
- Since most rectal cracks are combined with other diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, treatment of the underlying pathology is necessary.
In most cases, the treatment of a rectal fissure with conservative methods is successful. However, in some cases, usually with chronic forms of the disease, accompanied by significant sprouting granulation and scar tissue, more radical measures are needed, then they resort to rectal fissure operation.
Currently, the operation of the rectal fissure is done by minimally invasive methods - laser coagulation or cryodestruction. These are bloodless techniques that do not require the use of general anesthesia and long stay in the hospital.
In stubborn cases, as well as with large defects, resort to the classic operation of a rectal fissure. The operation is performed under general anesthesia, consists of dissection of the sphincter, excision of the edges of the crack and subsequent suturing of the edges of the wound. In the postoperative period, local anti-inflammatory therapy is prescribed for a month. It is also necessary to follow a diet that prevents the formation of dense feces.
Folk treatment of rectal fissure
With regular application and proper approach, folk treatment of rectal fissure is very effective. Generally, folk remedies are actively used to treat rectal fissures and in traditional medicine. Very effective medicinal herbs in various forms - in the form of pastes, broths, infusions, trays, enemas, as well as in the form of therapeutic tea. For topical use of chamomile, sage, oak bark, yarrow. In the form of microclysters, aloe and calanchoe juice is used. With the goal of a general effect on the gastrointestinal tract, use therapeutic tea from chamomile, sage, St. John's wort.
Folk treatment of the rectal fissure can successfully combine with the use of pharmaceuticals, allowing to reduce the drug load on the body, which is especially important in chronic forms disease.
YouTube video on the topic of the article:
Found an error in the text? Select it and press Ctrl + Enter.
How to treat a rectal fissure
Rectum of the rectum # 8212; it is a small, narrow rupture or ulceration of the rectal mucosa (a short final section of the digestive tract). This disease is formed as a result of excessive load on the anus (due to physical stress, persistent constipation and / or increased stress on the anal sphincters). The rupture can also lead to chronic circulatory insufficiency in the mucosa and immediate proximity to infections.
There are two forms of this ailment - acute and chronic. If you have encountered an anal fissure for the first time, then you are dealing with the first form. Cracks that do not heal for more than 6 weeks are usually called chronic. Treatment of the rectal fissure is simple, it can be done at home yourself (especially acute forms). To do this, it is enough to use simple folk remedies.
- strong, stinging-cutting pain around the anus, which occurs during defecation and holds for several hours after it;
- Sometimes pain occurs when a person sits on a hard surface;
- from time to time, minor bleeding is recorded in the form of traces of blood on feces, toilet paper, underwear, or # 8212; in the case of young children # 8212; on diapers;
- patients may also suffer from itching around the anus
- in young children and infants, these symptoms can cause reluctance or even fear of defecation
The disease must be treated immediately after diagnosis, so that it does not run to the chronic stage.
Prevention of cracks in the rectum is to maintain normal intestinal function and hygiene of the anal area. Here are some important tips.
- Try to defecate immediately, as you feel the urge (you should not postpone defecation).
- Drink plenty of fluids # 8212; about 7-8 glasses a day.
- In your diet should be a lot of fiber.
- If necessary, use stool softeners (liquid paraffin candles) or laxatives # 8212; it should be remembered that these measures should not become a habit.
- You do not need to stiffen strongly during defecation.
- Refuse anal sex.
Treat the disease immediately, as soon as you have found the first symptoms. To do this, healers recommend using proven folk remedies - these are home made candles, and sessile baths, and compresses. By combining different techniques, you will accelerate recovery.
Candles penetrate deep into the rectum, acting locally. Here are a few popular recipes.
Cooling, analgesic and hemostatic candles ice candles have helped many patients get rid of this delicate disease. Mix 1 teaspoon of chamomile flowers, sage, tansy and birch leaves. This mixture pour a liter of boiling water and leave for 1 hour, then strain. The resulting infusion you need to freeze in molds that fit the size of the candles - for this you can use rubber gloves (fill the liquid in your fingers and thread it with thread). After the candles in the refrigerator are frozen, insert them one at a time into the anus in the night. The course of treatment consists of ten procedures, but after the first candle you will feel considerable relief. Additionally, use other folk remedies.
If you do not have bleeding or severe pain, then instead of ice candles, use potato. They are prepared extremely simply. From the cut potatoes, cut a piece, which in shape and size resembles a rectal candle. Before going to sleep, dip this candle in honey and insert into the anus. So you need to do 1-2 weeks until all the unpleasant symptoms in this zone disappear.
Candles made from corn flour and plantain
Very effective candles that will help cure even you running chronic cracks. Grind the meat leaves fresh leaves of plantain, squeeze out juice from them. To this juice, you need to add corn flour and knead a tight dough. From the dough make candles and put out of the freezer. At night insert the candles into the anus. Soon your illness will disappear without a trace.
Sitting baths quickly relieve pain and irritation in the rectum, as well as improve the blood circulation of the mucosa, which is very important for the treatment of cracks. Therefore, you must do them - preferably in the evening, before the introduction of candles.
Baths from a solution of potassium permanganate - disinfect a sore spot and slightly dry the cracks. The water temperature should be about 40C, the solution should have a faint pink color. Sit in such a bath for about 20 minutes, then carefully, but gently dry the skin with a towel.
Baths from young shoots of pine - perfectly relieve pain and bleeding. Cook two large handfuls of young shoots in 3 liters of water (they should boil for at least an hour), then cool the broth until you need the temperature and make a sitting bath. Repeat the procedure every other day. Additionally, use other folk remedies.
For the baths, the usual tea is also suitable, since it has tannic properties. Brew strong tea leaves of black tea, pour into a basin, dilute with a little water and sit in the basin for 15-20 minutes.
Chamomile is a universal doctor, which will help you and with cracks in the rectum, and with many other diseases. To make a bath, brew 4 tablespoons of flowers of this plant in 2 liters of boiling water, cover and insist for 20 minutes. Then strain the infusion, pour it into a basin and dilute with water.
Compresses are usually put on all night, so they last much longer than the baths. Here are a few proven recipes.
- Take 2 tablespoons chopped marie ambrosia, pour 2 cups of cold water and boil for a few minutes. In a cooled broth, moisten a layer of gauze folded in several layers and attach to the area of the anus for the night. In the morning, rinse the anus with clean water.
- Prepare the infusion of raspberry leaves: 2 tablespoons of the dry shredded plant, pour a glass of boiling water, cover and wait half an hour. From this, it is necessary to make compresses. Also, folk healers recommend using it inside - to normalize the function of the rectum and remove the inflammatory process.
- A piece of propolis the size of a pinhead is dissolved in 2 tablespoons of soft butter. Apply this mixture on a napkin and attach to the area of the anus at night.
We treat a rectal fissure at home
Long constipation often produces painful effects and various diseases of the colon. Among them, a rectal fissure, which appeared as a result of mechanical damage to the anal canal by dense calves. Symptoms are manifested by severe spasm of the sphincter (muscle) with characteristic pain in the anus, especially after defecation and bloody discharge. The patient loses peace, there is a fear every time to empty the intestines, which leads to increased constipation, accumulating poisonous substances that poison the body.
Shy of the intimate illness of the sufferer neglects a visit to the doctor, however at an early stage the cracks are easily and quickly treated. How can you protect yourself from a painful illness? First of all, it is necessary to prevent constipation, and if the organism is predisposed to this, it is necessary to start an active fight.
1. Refuse from smoked products, marinades, spices and products that cause constipation. To introduce in the menu a significant part of consumption of vegetables, fruits, fermented milk products, bran (1 h. steamed spoon of bran to eat three times a day, mixing with any dish and gradually increasing to 2 tbsp. spoons).
2. Give preference to fiber, which easily softens the stool and strengthens the intestinal peristalsis. She is rich in cabbage, beets, tomatoes, carrots, lettuce, prunes, dried apricots and others.
3. To attach great importance to the observance of intimate hygiene, because, due to her absence, the remains of feces in the areas of the anus begin to rot in the presence of high humidity, sweat causing severe irritation. The inevitable inflammatory process grips the area around the anus, turning into a bleeding wound. Meanwhile, microorganisms fall under the skin layer, forming a dangerous paraproctitis disease and a lot of fistulas. Therefore, strict adherence to hygienic rules is the most radical method to avoid an unpleasant ailment.
4. After the toilet, use only soft paper to avoid injuring the skin near the rectum, while opening the access to microorganisms in the intestinal tissue.
5. Regularly wash with soapy water the area of the anus, the perineum, and before going to bed, wash the same places with cold water to fasten the muscles and prevent hemorrhoids.
Treatment of cracks in the rectum is usually carried out under the supervision of a doctor, and in combination with folk methods has the best healing effect, eliminating the inflammatory course, healing cracks.
Local application of herbal preparations against cracks
≈ 1-2 hours. Spoons of calendula inflorescences put in an enameled container, fill with 200 ml of boiling water, keep on a flame, bring to a boil, remove. Then roll with a warm cloth and leave for 1 hour. After the evening toilet in the infusion add 2 hours. spoons of sea buckthorn oil and warm into the rectum to close with a cotton swab, so as not to stain the laundry. Do regularly, until complete recovery.
To eliminate cracks, the home ointment can provide a curative service:
- Combine, taken in equal amounts (100 g) of molten pork inner fat, linseed and butter, birch tar, spruce resin, planed laundry soap, kashitsy from onions, flower honey, paraffin, crushed leaves of the century, bee wax. 1 tbsp. spoon of purified sulfur (chemist's) and 5 g of snuff. Place the mixture in a bowl and boil on low heat for no more than 5 minutes. Miracle ointment is able to cure cracks in chronic form, as well as inflammatory skin lesions.
- You can make an ointment from marigold based on linseed oil or olive oil. To do this, you need to pour a powder of dry marigold raw material, l oil and put on a water bath for half an hour. Drug cool and lubricate cracks in the anal area.
- To plan bee propolis, mix with vegetable oil in the following proportions:. Put in a water bath, stirring with a wooden spatula. When the mixture acquires a liquid substance, filter from the precipitate. Keep in the refrigerator for a long time. Lubricate the finished ointment with problem areas. It is allowed for children of any age.
- 300 g of pork fat heated in enameled dishes, cool to 70 degrees, pour 50 ml with turpentine turpentine, cover dry powdered St. John's wort perforated, marigold, yarrow, chamomile, plantain, burdock root, ayr, elecampane. Licorice is naked. Keep in a water bath or in the oven for 2-3 hours with the lid closed, stirring occasionally. After that, the container is covered with good cloth and 12-16 hours. If it has cooled down to a dense mass, you need to warm it up a bit, strain through a layer of gauze and squeeze the grass in portions. Then pour in 20 ml of tincture of propolis, 5 ml eucalyptus and sage oil. It is stored at room temperature, without losing the healing power for years, having a pleasant smell alternating with the smells of essential oils. Has an effect with itching in the anus, heals cracks in the rectum, hands, nipples, heels lubricating 2-3 times a day. Helps also to get rid of suffering hemorrhoids, gemmoroidalnymi nodes by the introduction of tampons.
Sources: http://www.neboleem.net/treschina-pryamoi-kishki.php, http://nmed.org/treshhina-pryamojj-kishki-simptomy-lechenie.html, http://receptya.ru/lechim-treshhinu-pryamoj-kishki-v-domashnix-usloviyax/lechim-treshhinu-pryamoj-kishki-v-domashnix-usloviyax.html
No comments yet!
Share your opinion