How long is the intestine restored after an intestinal infection?
Recovery after intestinal infection
Intestinal infection is a contagious disease that affects the gastrointestinal tract. The main path of infection - unwashed hands, vegetables and fruits, poor-quality dishes. Both an adult and a child can get an intestinal infection. However, due to age characteristics (insufficiency of immunity, non-observance of hygiene rules) children, especially toddlers, suffer a severe illness.
Symptoms of intestinal infection
Manifestations of the disease in adults and children are similar.
- Diarrhea. Stool disorders accompany every intestinal infection. Depending on the causative agent, the nature of the stool may differ: green with salmonellosis, with veins of blood in dysentery, such as rice broth in cholera.
- Nausea and vomiting.
- Headaches and abdominal pain.
- Temperature increase.
- Dehydration. Rapidly increases in children, especially at the age of up to 1 year.
- General weakness, fast fatigue.
- Gastric or intestinal bleeding.
- Hypovolemic shock. Due to dehydration, th
- Renal failure. Because of dehydration, the amount of urine released per day decreases, pains appear in the lower back, and kidney function is impaired.
- Pulmonary insufficiency. Hypoxia, shortness of breath.
Diagnosis of intestinal infection
- Careful collection of anamnesis suggests a source of infection (poorly washed fruit, product with expired shelf life).
- Survey of the patient gives information on the degree of dehydration. The nature of stool and vomiting also allows us to make an assumption about the causative agent of the disease.
- Sowing the stool and vomit helps to pinpoint the pathogen and select an antibiotic.
Treatment of intestinal infection
The patient's condition and the nature of the infection are the main factors in the selection of the treatment regimen.
- Antibiotic, acting on the pathogen.
- The drug for the recovery of intestinal microflora (linex, bifiform).
- Abundant drink as a simple boiled water, and special solutions (rehydron). With dehydration, droppers are prescribed (Ringer's solution, acesol, saline solution).
- Adsorbents (coal, enterosgel).
- It should be eaten 5-6 times a day in small portions.
- Mechanical, thermal and chemical sparing of the gastrointestinal tract. All food should be warm, steamed, boiled or baked, easily digestible. It is necessary to exclude sour, spicy, fatty, fried, canned.
- Food should be rich in protein and quality carbohydrates. Rice porridge, buckwheat on water, meatballs and cutlets from veal, rabbit, turkey, chicken.
- Consumption of fermented milk products with a low percentage of fat. In addition to the nutritional effect, yogurt and yogurt are a source of lacto- and bifidobacteria, which are necessary for the restoration of intestinal microflora.
- They are excluded from food: fresh vegetables and fruits, sweet, flour, milk. It is undesirable to use products that stimulate gas formation: cabbage, legumes, grapes.
- From the very beginning it is necessary to give the patient more boiled and baked vegetables and fruits (apples, potatoes). In the process of digestion, pectin is released from them, which has an adsorbing property. Passing through the intestine, he collects the remains of slags and toxins, contributing to the improvement of the patient's condition. Today in pharmacies there are preparations, the main active ingredient of which is pectin (Pepidol), they can be given even to small children.
The optimal food for infants was and is mother's milk. It is best to adhere to the regime of free feeding (but at least every 2 hours for 50 ml). If necessary, the baby should be awakened. Then the child will receive a sufficient amount of nutrition balanced in all nutrients. If the mother will feel sorry for the baby, do not wake up for feeding and refuse to try dopaivaniya against the will child, complications may develop (hypovolemic shock, renal and cardiovascular failure).
If the child is on artificial feeding or is fed from a bottle, the choice is made in favor of lactose-free or low-lactose mixtures (Nutrilon, Humana, Frisepep). If the child needs dopaivanii, then special solutions are prescribed (for example, regedron).
Children who receive supplementary food can eat rice and semolina porridge in water, cottage cheese, kissel, hard-boiled yolk, meatballs, vegetable puree.
After recovery, the recovery process continues for a long time depending on how severe the infection was.
You should continue to follow the diet for at least 2 weeks, then you can start to introduce new products slowly.
Within a month, drugs that restore the intestinal microflora (linex, bifiform, primadofilus) are taken.
If necessary, you can take enzymes (mezim, panzinorm, festal, vobenzim).
Prevention of intestinal infections
- Compliance with personal hygiene. Washing hands before eating.
- Eating carefully washed fruits and vegetables, properly heat-treated foods. You can not eat past-due food, no matter how sorry it is to throw it away.
- You can drink only boiled water or bottled water.
- You should prefer homemade food and give up a variety of finished products, especially from fast food from questionable stalls.
So, an adult and a child can get an intestinal infection. The treatment is basically the same, if you do not take into account babies who are breastfeeding. The main feature is precisely in the recovery process, which depends on a properly defined diet.
Dr. Komarovsky's school, the topic "Intestinal infections
Telecast "We wish you good the theme "Intestinal infection "
Recovery after intestinal infections
Hello the doctor, help or assist advice or council! I am 27 years old. A year ago I fell ill with a Pseudomonas aeruginosa and gold. staphylococcus. Long could not find out the cause of the disease, because before the illness I took antibiotics for gynecological purposes and all the doctors insisted that I had just a dysbacteriosis. There was a complete loss of appetite. weakness, diarrhea, reached the point that I just started walking on the wall in a literal sense, hemoglobin fell to 90. First I lay in surgery, treated for hemorrhagic gastritis, after discharge a sharp deterioration, temperature, colic in the intestine. And then I got a normal ambulance doctor who immediately identified me in an infectious hospital, everything was there and it turned out. After a long treatment and weight loss of 11 kg. I was discharged from the hospital, but my condition did not improve completely. It was treated at the gastroenterologist, handed over repeated analyzes - stafilokok, proteus. After half a year, the infection was cured, but I was sick with periodic nausea, so she stayed. Once or twice a month, I am bothered by nausea, especially at night, I can not sleep, it is accompanied by diarrhea, and further weakness, loss of appetite for 3 days. Then everything comes back to normal. It's been a year already. At first I thought that again the infection was treated with antibiotics and lacto bifidobacteria. Tried all the drugs. Analyzes - there are no infections, only dysbiosis - there is not enough lacto and bifidobacteria. Why is it that this is for nausea. I do not want to live with her all my life. Still at me a bend of a cholic bubble, the doctor the gastroenterologist speaks, that a nausea because of it or this, but before infection me never vomited, and a bend at me since the childhood. What to do, I'm tired of living like this.
Nausea is caused by the bend of the gallbladder, dyskinesia did not manifest itself before the disease, but now the manifestations of this bend began. Take hofitol on 2 tab. 3 times a day and ganaton for 1 table. 3 times a day, are treated within a month. Drugs for prescription, do not forget to take a prescription from your doctor. hepatologist Stepanova Т.V.
Sorry for importunity, but it is very important for me to know your opinion. Yesterday again there was a fit of nausea, ate an apple slice in the evening, went to a large toilet. and it began, nausea, constant urge to go to the toilet, did not sleep until 4 am. In the morning, nausea did not go away, there was a loss of appetite. weakness, the tongue became terry, then yellow, then white plaque. It can certainly also a dysbacteriosis, but as it or him already to treat, I do not know, if I already tried all preparations, and result 0. I do not eat sweet, not salted, vegetables, fruits, juices, milk and dairy products, alcohol. Does the intestine never recover? Does it happen that after a long treatment of a dysbacteriosis, people again come to a normal diet, as well as before illness, or is it already forever (without vegetables, fruits, dairy)? Help advice.
Be sure your condition is normal. Take the medications I prescribed for you. hepatologist Stepanova Т.V.
Thank you very much for your help. I'm glad that there are such correspondence contacts with doctors, and even with such professionals, because every day you do not run into doctors.
Consultation is given for reference only. Based on the results of the consultation, please consult your doctor.
After intestinal infection
The result of the transferred intestinal infection are, as a rule, inflammation of the walls of the stomach, mucous membranes of the digestive tract, as well as disturbances of the intestinal microflora. After an intestinal infection, one must adhere to a diet that will be gentle and minimal in terms of the total workload on the digestive organs.
It should be abandoned fried, fatty and spicy food, as it is difficult to digest and can provoke an additional upset stomach. Food should be taken in small portions. In the first few days after the intestinal infection, it is necessary to give preference to products that are easily digested and do not load the stomach. These products include boiled or baked vegetables, dried bakery products, as well as low-fat dishes based on rice cereals.
Start eating dairy products with special care and in small quantities, without forgetting the mandatory heat treatment. In process of restoration of a normal microflora and mucous membranes of a stomach and an intestine, gradually, the food allowance needs to be increased.
Everyone knows that for the correct and harmonious work of the entire digestive system, the necessary factor is the presence of a sufficient number of useful intestinal bacteria or bifidobacteria. To restore the number of necessary and useful microorganisms will help sour-milk products with live ferment. Such a starter can be purchased at the pharmacy or prepared by yourself.
In order to prepare a natural leaven, you need to take one liter of boiled, chilled milk and put in it two or three pieces of black bread. To accelerate the process of curdling, you need to put milk with black bread in a warm, but not hot place, for example, near the battery. After two or three days you will get a natural curdled milk, into which, if desired, you can add crushed fruit or berries.
Leaving a few spoonfuls of this curd each time, you can constantly prepare yourself a natural homemade yogurt without the presence of chemical compounds, which are necessarily found in yoghurts from store.
After intestinal infections, the use of enzyme preparations, which favorably affects peristalsis and the process of digestion, is shown. The appointment of such drugs should be handled only by a doctor, after the delivery of the necessary tests.
As a result of antibiotic treatment, the body is weakened and its protective functions are reduced. In this regard, it is worth following the following recommendations. Any hypothermia of the body has a negative effect on immune defense, especially if it is weakened. Therefore, you need to dress in accordance with climatic conditions.
Do not be nervous, because any stress causes a chain of reactions that provoke the development of various diseases. After treatment for intestinal infections, it should be possible to limit your stay in places of large concentrations. Teach yourself and your loved ones to wash your hands as often as possible, and also to clean the common areas with antibacterial agents.
Milk must be boiled before consuming it, since it can contain dangerous bacteria and viruses. Wash all vegetables and fruits only in running water, pouring them with boiling water. Wash fresh greens very carefully, because on its surface usually accumulates a large number of various microorganisms living in the soil.
After intestinal infection - Questions and answers
Start a discussion, leave a comment!
Sources: http://physiatrics.ru/1000270-vosstanovlenie-posle-kishechnoj-infekcii/, http://health.mail.ru/consultation/472716/, http://kurszdorovia.ru/lechenie/bolezni/posle-kishchnoy-infekcii
No comments yet!
Share your opinion