How to restore intestinal function after caesarean
Restoration of the intestines and functions of the digestive tract after delivery
After giving birth, the work of the digestive tract (gastrointestinal tract) is not restored immediately. How to overcome problems with a chair?
Bowel disturbances and constipation after childbirth: causes
- During pregnancy, the walls of your large intestine experienced significant pressure from the enlarged uterus. Additional influence was exerted by progesterone, the most important hormone in pregnancy. It provokes a decrease in the tone of most organs with smooth muscle musculature, including the large intestine. These factors are associated with most of the complaints of expectant mothers in the last trimesters of pregnancy.
- Childbirth is another source of stress. Tears or incisions during natural childbirth often lead tospastic constipation after childbirth. When the large intestine is compressed and tense. Preparations that are administered at a caesarean section, also lead to disruption of the function of the colon, but o
- In the postpartum period, the weakness of the muscles of the press and the pelvic floor, as well as the sedentary lifestyle of the newly mum, are added here.
Sometimes the cause of constipation after childbirth is the fear that seams will part or hemorrhoids will appear. Ask your doctor: most often, it's enough just to calm down and relax, less to strain and trust your body.
Restoration of the intestine after childbirth
Nutrition after childbirth
The first 2-3 days after delivery do not load the intestines with heavy food. Consume light, liquid or semi-liquid foods (broths, purees, sour-milk products). With a return to the usual diet in your diet should enter seasonal foods rich in fiber: beets, prunes, apples, pumpkin, zucchini, cabbage, whole grains porridge. These products stimulate intestinal motility and help restore its function.
A sufficient amount of clean water (-2 liters per day) will not only help restore the stool, but will also facilitate the process of becoming breastfeeding. Do not forget that the water does not include juices, coffee and tea.
When natural childbirth, especially if there were tears or incisions, the first few days the doctors recommend to sit less. It is better to stand or lie, or even better - gradually start walking. This is exactly what you need to restore the intestine after childbirth. Start with a few meters a day and gradually increase your walks. For those who have undergone a cesarean section, the situation with movement is even more urgent. The majority of medical personnel seeks to raise the newly mum after the operation on the first day, and not for nothing. The earlier you start to get up, the less problems you will have with the intestines.
Massage after childbirth
Light self-massage of the abdomen along a circular trajectory well stimulates the intestinal peristalsis and restores a regular stool. Begin to move clockwise, from the solar plexus area, slightly pressing on the exhalation and removing the pressure on the inspiration.
If the restoration of the bowel function is delayed, it is possible to use drugs: glycerin candles, lactulose syrup. But before applying something from the medicinal arsenal, it is better to consult a doctor in charge. Not all drugs can be used after childbirth.
How to start a normal toilet after cesarean
After a cesarean section, women often have more problems than those who gave birth independently. One of them concerns the functions of the digestive system. They do not work as actively as they should, delivering many unpleasant minutes. The consequence of this is constipation after cesarean section, what to do in this situation, the experience of the mummies already rid of it will tell. After all, tolerating the problem is very harmful for a baby who will receive breast milk with toxins that have got into the mother's body.
Symptoms and signs of constipation after cesarean
A woman with a newborn has many worries. So its diet may not be regular. Problems with defecation are often caused by this. But if there are certain signs, the problem of non-regularity of nutrition can not be written off.
- absence of defecation for more than 2 days;
- painfulness or other signs of difficulty in the process (in small portions or, conversely, large);
- severe discomfort in the left abdomen or abdominal cavity as a whole;
- a violation of appetite, nausea, eructation;
- flatulence, sensation of a crowded intestine even after defecation;
- irritability, fatigue, apathy;
- pain in the anus, cracks and bleeding after defecation.
Even some of these signs may indicate a problem.The set of symptoms depends on whether the spastic is constipation or atonic. The latter form after cesarean is observed more often.There are differences between them:
- Spastic constipation is provoked by fear before the process of bowel evacuation. It seems to the woman that the tension can damage the seams. Therefore, when she feels the urge to defecate, her sphincter contracts involuntarily.
- With atonic constipation, the desire to go to the toilet comes rarely. Fecal masses because of a long stay in the intestine harden, then go out with pain.
Causes of the problem
Constipation after cesarean section is provoked by many forced circumstances:
- weakness of abdominal muscles due to stretching and damage;
- changes in the location of the intestine;
- decreased motility of the organ;
- passive behavior of young mummy;
- malnutrition and malnutrition;
- damage to certain areas of the intestine (cracks);
- occurrence of hemorrhoids;
- a small amount of liquid consumed by a woman;
- fear of defecation, caused by the presence of sutures on the uterus and abdominal wall.
Many of the reasons for disrupting the digestive system are caused by hormonal changes.
How to help the intestine work fine
If there is such a thing as constipation after cesarean section, it is necessary to understand what to do to mother herself. If you can not help yourself, then you need to see a doctor. After all, with the stagnation of stool in the intestines, which secrete toxins, the entire body suffers.
Lactation can completely stop because of constant discomfort, abdominal pain, malnutrition. A symptom develops, turning into a more complex one.
There are several ways to defeat problems with a stool after caesarean section.
Medications to ease the condition
Choosing a remedy for constipation, you need to take into account that not all of them are allowed to nursing. Therefore, it is always better to consult with a doctor first.
There are several safe in this respect, but giving a quick result:
- "Dufalac ("Portalalak "Normase"). This is a syrup containing lactulose. The component has the ability to stimulate the activity of the intestinal walls, remove the toxins formed as a result of constipation, soften the hardened feces. "Dufalac" is shown by 1 # 8212; 3 packages per day.
- Fortrans (Forlax). It is a loose mixture, the main component of which is # 8212; macrogol 4000. The substance helps to increase the volume and liquefaction of intestinal contents, due to which it extrudes outward. "Fortrans" take a package a day, diluting in 1 liter of water.
If the newborn is an "artificial the mother can take the drugs:
It is important not to exceed the indicated dose of drugs, do not use them too often. Otherwise, it is necessary to solve such a problem as diarrhea after cesarean section. It is not excluded that the intestine will get used to stimulants and then refuse to work independently.
Regardless of whether a woman feeds her baby or not, it is allowed to use rectal suppositories:
- "Ferrolaks "Calciolax". Candles increase the amount of carbon dioxide in the intestines, which eliminates spastic constipation. The walls of the organ increase the motor activity, the contents are displayed.
- "Glycerax" ("Glycerin"). Glycerin suppositories after caesarean section are the best option. They simultaneously stimulate intestinal peristalsis and dilute stool masses. Emptying after their use is easy and painless.
- Candles with sea buckthorn oil. They contain natural ingredients, which makes it possible to use them in lactation. Especially useful are suppositories for hemorrhoids, fissures of the anus.
The prescribed drug is injected through the anus once a day in the morning after breakfast. Overdose can cause diarrhea. A liquid stool after caesarean section is no less an undesirable symptom.
We recommend to read an article about hernia after cesarean section. From it you will learn about the reasons for the appearance of education after surgery, symptoms of diseases, effective methods of treatment and preventive measures.
Traditional medicine against constipation in young mothers
There are also folk remedies for getting rid of constipation. They will help to relax the intestines, without affecting lactation and quality of breast milk:
- Decoction based on figs.Berries are ground, measure 2 tbsp. l. and pour 200 ml of water or milk. Prepare the drug for 20 minutes. If you take it to 1 tablespoon. 4 # 8212; 5 times a day, the intestine will function clearly.
- Infusion of a mixture of herbs.You need to take the same parts of valerian root, anise fruit, nettle leaves, mint, strawberry and chamomile flowers. 1 tbsp. l. Assorted place together with 200 ml of boiling water in a thermos bottle and hold for 2 hours. Drink the entire volume in two steps. This composition is shown with spastic constipation.
- Broth of fruits of fennel, anise, cumin.They take the same amount, measure 1 tbsp. l. on 200 ml of boiling water. The preparation is made in a thermos for 2 hours. The entire amount is consumed per day in three divided doses.
How to prevent intestinal problems after cesarean
On how to establish a chair after cesarean section, it is worth considering from the first day in the maternity ward. They help enemas, medicines. But further the woman should take care of timely emptying of intestines.
Several aspects are important for this:
Problems with the intestines after childbirth
Good afternoon, young mothers. Today we learn why there are and how to solve problems with the intestines after childbirth. Postnatal recovery is a process that takes place at different rates in each case.
Some women recover quickly enough, and some suffer for a long time from various problems and symptoms.
The rate of recovery in the postpartum period depends on many individual factors. Very often women complain of intestinal problems after childbirth. This is what we will talk about in this article.
What are the problems with the intestines after childbirth?
Very many women begin to face problems with the intestines long before delivery, during pregnancy. This is not surprising - because of its close location with the reproductive organs, it is subjected to enormous loads and because of the violation of blood circulation it suffers very often.
In addition, the change in sleep, nutrition and lifestyle, also affects the quality of digestion. But, after giving birth, problems with the intestine become much stronger. Very often in women at the beginning of the postpartum period, there are constipation, pain, diarrhea, problems with emptying.
And there are many reasons for this, but as a rule, everything goes by itself with time, without any special treatment. But, this does not mean that you just need to wait - you can independently accelerate the process of restoring the intestines after giving birth, if you make an effort.
And how to restore the intestine after delivery, read below, but first, we will analyze the reasons for the appearance of problems during the recovery period.
Causes of problems with the intestines after childbirth
- Problems with the intestines after childbirth are primarily due to the fact that during pregnancy changes its functioning. Because of the physiological characteristics, during pregnancy the intestine is always squashed by an enlarged uterus, blood circulation and peristalsis are disturbed. Immediately after delivery, the intestine needs some time to get used to the normal position again, as a result of which diarrhea may become blocked.
- Pregnancy and childbirth lead to weakening and stretching of the musculature of the pelvic floor and intestines, which as a result leads to disruption of his work. This will eventually recover. But, physicians recommend during the recovery phase to help your body by doing kegel exercises, so you can solve problems with the intestines after childbirth.
- Hormonal disorders in the body can also affect the functioning of the intestine. As is known, hormones are responsible for everything in our body, and violations in this area can lead to digestive disorders.
- Postpartum hemorrhoids are also a fairly frequent cause of abnormalities in the intestine during this period. Very often in those women who suffered from hemorrhoids before the birth, after them complain of a severe exacerbation of the disease, which leads to severe pain in the process of emptying.
- The weakening of the muscles of the press also contributes to the development of constipation, as does the suture in the perineum. These problems do not allow the normal evacuation of the intestine.
- Gaps and you lead to spasmodic all adjacent tissues, organs and systems. Because of this, constipation often develops and after the birth the intestine hurts.
- Caesarean section is impossible without the use of anesthesia. The most common use of spinal anesthesia, which leads to disruption of the digestive system. In this case, the reason for the neuralgic nature is that over time, in a few days or a week it will pass.
- In some cases, after natural birth or cesarean surgery, a course of antibiotics is prescribed, in case of a risk of complications. In this case, for all other reasons, there is also an intestinal dysbiosis. To eliminate this problem, very often prescribed special drugs.
How to eliminate bowel problems after childbirth?
Restoration of the intestines during the postpartum period requires your participation. For this you need to know some simple tips. Let's consider what can be done to eliminate problems with the intestines after childbirth.
- The first step is to normalize the diet. Be sure to consult your doctor about how best to build a diet, and what foods in this period will not be helpful. You should take into account the specifics of the menu for a woman breastfeeding.
- Be sure to drink plenty of fluids. As much as possible pure water without gas (gas leads to flatulence and can cause bloating in the baby).
- To restore the full functioning of the intestine from the first days after childbirth, you can perform simple exercises - tilting, lifting the legs - this will help restore peristalsis very quickly.
- In most cases, after surgery, cesarean section is prescribed lactulose, prebiotics or even bifidobacteria, in the event that after the operation the patient underwent a course of preventive treatment antibiotics.
- In some cases, it is worthwhile to make an enema for normal evacuation of the intestine. The procedure is not the most pleasant, but there is a way out - buy a mini enema in the pharmacy. There are several types of drugs that cause urge to defecate a few minutes after injection. As a rule, they are sold in tubes for single use.
- And of course, you need to minimize stress. since it slows the recovery process and provokes spasms of the musculature of the intestine. As a result, constipation or an intestinal disorder after childbirth may develop.
- It is recommended to use sour-milk products, as it helps to normalize the work of the intestines and the entire gastrointestinal tract.
- Fiber should be present in your diet in large quantities. Thanks to this, you will be able to solve all problems with the intestines much more quickly after delivery. Contains fiber in vegetables, fruits, cereals. But to start the work of the intestine it is recommended to eat fruits and vegetables in raw form.
Restoration of the intestine after delivery requires your participation. But, it should be remembered that any pharmaceutical preparations or folk medicine should be coordinated with your doctor.
Self-medication can harm not only your health, but also the baby who feeds on your breast milk.
Health to you and your baby!
Do you like the article? Share with friends in social networks:
Sources: http://detstrana.ru/article/rody/vosstanovlenie/vosstanovlenie-kishechnika-i-funktsij-zhkt-posle-rodov/, http://7mam.ru/zapor-posle-kesareva-secheniya/, http://sosed-domosed.ru/problemy-s-kishechnikom-posle-rodov/
No comments yet!
Share your opinion