Than to treat an intestine after a chemotherapy
What to do with diarrhea after chemotherapy?
Posted on: 12 Nov at 1: 0
The use of chemotherapy in the treatment of malignant tumors leads to the development of complications from the digestive tract, they are manifested by diarrhea. Diarrhea after chemotherapy is observed in almost 80% of patients. Basically diarrhea after chemotherapy is due mainly to the direct toxic effects of cytostatics on the mucosa of the thin and thick guts or, which is much less common, the development of pathological changes in the microflora in the intestine and the stimulating effect on biochemical systems organism. At the same time, the balance that occurs in the intestines of digestion processes is disturbed, which causes diarrhea.
There are four degrees of severity, characterized by the following features:
- Liquid stool, defecation three times a day.
- Increases up to six times the frequency of defecation, mucus is noted in the stool.
- In the stool, blood inclusions are noted. Acts of defecation are accompanied by strong spasms in t
- The stool frequency increases (up to 10 or more times), and pronounced dehydration appears.
Causes of diarrhea after chemotherapy
- direct influence of drugs;
- development of intestinal infection;
- the consequence of a surgical operation;
- psychoemotional reaction to a stressful situation.
For the prevention and treatment of pancreatitis, our readers advise Gastric tea. This unique remedy is made on the basis of the rarest and most powerful herbs useful for digestion. Gastric tea not only eliminates all symptoms of gastrointestinal and digestive diseases, but will also permanently eliminate the cause of its occurrence. Read more
What to do with diarrhea after chemotherapy should be determined by a doctor, to which you must immediately apply.
Treatment of diarrhea in chemotherapy
The choice of methods for getting rid of diarrhea depends on the cause, which stimulates it and the severity of the leak. Therefore, first perform kidney and liver studies to determine their functional indicators. Then, ultrasound of internal organs is performed, feces analysis for the presence of pathogenic flora and parasites. In some cases, a blood test, fluoroscopy and, if necessary, sigmoidoscopy.
The treatment of diarrhea after chemotherapy of the first and second degree of severity consists primarily in restoring the electrolyte-introduction balance. To this end, with diarrhea, after chemotherapy, a generous drink is prescribed, taking medications that help quickly restore the lack of fluid and salts in the body. For the removal of pain syndrome, analgesics and drugs that relieve spasms are recommended. Effectively affects diarrhea. Adsorbing into the intestinal mucosa, toxins and pathogens of the infection, the drug affects the decrease number of acts of diarrhea after the course of taking medications and simultaneously affects the microflora, providing it normalization. It is widely used for the treatment of diarrhea in chemotherapy, folk medicine - decoctions, herbal tinctures with astringent effect.
In severe cases (diarrhea III and IV degree), treatment after chemotherapy is carried out under stationary conditions. After stabilizing the activity of the digestive tract, drugs are prescribed to stop diarrhea and absorbents. At a high temperature, which can accompany diarrhea, antibiotic therapy is used. Then biotic drugs are used to normalize the work of the intestine.
Proper nutrition is of particular importance in the fight against diarrhea in chemotherapy. It begins with the unloading of the intestine, when on the first day only non-carbonated water is given, and on the second day, take light food in liquid form, cooked for a couple. Over the next 5 days, the menu should be formed in such a way as to exclude foods that irritate the mucosa and contain indigestible fiber. In the diet with diarrhea should be easily assimilated high-protein foods with a high content of potassium.
Do you still think it's hard to cure pancreatitis?
Judging by the fact that you are now reading these lines - the victory in the fight against pancreatitis is not on your side.
And you already thought about the surgical intervention? It is understandable, because the pancreas is a very important organ, and its proper functioning is a guarantee of health and well-being. Frequent pain in the abdomen, weakness, dizziness, swelling, nausea, stool. All these symptoms are familiar to you not by hearsay.
But perhaps it is more correct to treat not a consequence, but a reason? We recommend reading the story of Irina Kravtsova. how she got rid of pancreatitis forever.
How to restore the body after chemotherapy, and its effect on it
This is a type of drug treatment for cancer, which gives a very good result. Only the minus of chemotherapy is that the drugs used are very toxic and it takes a long time to restore the body. How to restore the body after chemotherapy, and its impact on it - the topic of this article.
Chemotherapy and its effect on the body
Chemotherapy is prescribed only for the treatment of malignant tumors. The drugs used for chemotherapy fall into the whole body, destroying not only the tumor, but also any metastases that have appeared. In this case, the drug acts on healthy organs, which leads to the occurrence of side effects.
How to restore the body after chemotherapy?
It takes several weeks to restore the body, but in some cases even years are needed. Chemotherapy, affecting the bone marrow, kills its cells, which leads to a change in blood composition. First of all, it affects the health of the patient, so use drugs that increase the level of iron in the body. If you have thrombocytopenia, blood transfusion will be necessary.
How to restore GIT after chemotherapy?
Negative influence of chemotherapy on the gastrointestinal tract leads to the appearance of gastritis, ulcers, duodenal ulcers. Taking special medications to restore the body after chemotherapy and normal work of the gastrointestinal tract, you can not do without a special diet. Include in your diet more porridge, fish and meat dishes, fruits and vegetables. Eat small portions, but 5-6 times a day. Use sour-milk products.
How to restore immunity after chemotherapy, and its effect on it
Anti-cancer drugs actively affect the immune system of the body, which causes the risk of infection with any infection. During the recovery period, try to avoid crowded places, use vitamin preparations and more often you are in the open air.
After a course of chemotherapy, it is very important to follow a healthy lifestyle. More walk in the fresh air, watch the food, include in the diet a large number of vegetables and fruits.
Increases the immunity and restores the body after chemotherapy, taking tincture of magnolia vine, aralia or eleutherococcus. You can take a vitamin course, but first consult with your doctor.
Eliminate prolonged interruption in the sun, visiting saunas, solariums and trips to hot countries.
To purify the blood and the liver, it is necessary to remove toxins from the body. To do this, take 200 grams of grated beets, 200 grams of carrots, dried fruits and pour 1 liter of boiled water. Leave for half an hour on a small fire. As the broth cools down, add a tablespoon of aloe juice and a tablespoon of natural honey. Mix everything, drain and consume 50 ml, slightly warmed before use. The intake of this mixture will improve blood composition, increase the number of leukocytes and platelets, and also normalizes hemoglobin.
How to restore hair after chemotherapy?
Many people care about the lack of hair. Do not despair, since the hair after the course of chemotherapy again begin to grow. To speed up the process, rub pepper tincture or burdock oil into your hair.
How to restore the body after chemotherapy folk remedies?
after 5 days of drinking a course of polyphepam (you need to get permission from a doctor), take infusion of a tablespoon of flax seeds and 2 glasses of water several times a day;
together with decoctions of flax seeds, use the briar infusion. To make it, chop the dogrose and pour it into the thermos, the proportion is 1 teaspoon of fruit per 1 glass of water with the addition of a teaspoon of honey;
to restore the body after chemotherapy and increase the level of leukocytes in the blood, take three times a day for half a cup of warm whey with 1 teaspoon of honey after eating. Half an hour before meals on an empty stomach, drink 50 grams of Cahors.
© Olga Vasilyeva for astromeridian.ru
Other articles on the topic:
How to restore the body after chemotherapy
Each patient who has experienced chemotherapy, is invited to take on board simple advice on the recovery of the body, in particular for the improvement of hair, liver, immunity.
Chemotherapy is a common way to treat certain infectious and invasive diseases, as well as cancer. This technique has been used for 2-3 decades and is successfully used in such countries as Russia, the USA, Israel, Germany, Canada, etc.
Indications for use and side effects
Most often, chemotherapy is used as the main method of treatment. This is mainly the case with metastases and various neoplasms that are found in the late stages of formation. Also, chemotherapy can be shown before and after surgery. It should be noted that this method not only positively affects the course of treatment, but it can also have a negative effect on the functioning of various systems and organs of the human body.Among the side effects that occur after the use of chemotherapy, the most common are the following:
• changes in the blood formula;
• an increase in the number of infectious diseases;
• partial or complete hair loss;
• malfunctioning of the digestive system;
• toxic damage to the liver and a number of other organs;
• changes in the worse for well-being and general health.
The side effects that occur after chemotherapy are divided into four stages :
- The first and second stages. as a rule, do not interfere with the main treatment.
- In case of occurrencethe third stageit is highly recommended to stop for a while chemotherapy procedures. Continuation of treatment in this case is possible only after a complete or partial recovery of the body.
- Fourth stageadverse effect of chemotherapeutic drugs is a real threat to the life of the patient, so in this In case of complete cessation of treatment with chemotherapy, and no further use of this method.
One course of treatment involves about six cycles of chemotherapy. Between each cycle there must be a gap (at least three weeks) during which the restoration of various organs and tissues of the patient's body takes place. And the treatment itself can last from four to ten months. After completion of the treatment, the patient is shown further rehabilitation and recovery measures.
There are several types of measures to restore the body after chemotherapy treatment. Each of these methods can, both fit and not fit the patient, therefore the methods of recovery are appointed individually by the attending physician. After determining the recovery methods, the patient should carefully follow the chosen strategy and be sure to follow all recommendations. To restore the body after chemotherapy, the following measures can be included:
1. Medications and procedures. Treatment with chemotherapy after its termination may also lead to poor health. If this happens, you should immediately inform your doctor (oncologist) about it, while you need to describe in as much detail all your feelings. According to the results of the medical questionnaire, the doctor will be able to recommend the necessary procedures or medications for improving well-being, among which:
•Restoration of blood.This operation is carried out with the help of blood transfusion, erythrocyte and platelet masses.
•Renal work of the kidneys. For this, glomerular filtration, tubular re-absorption, as well as the prevention of the occurrence of kidney infections and the formation of urate calculi can be used.
•Restoration of the general condition of the body.In this case, burns are prescribed to use non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, antioxidants, antihypoxants, various anesthetics.
2. Food. The most important part in the recovery process after chemotherapy treatment is to maintain a proper (balanced) diet. Daily it is necessary with extreme scrupulousness to monitor the necessary ratio in the diet of fats, proteins, carbohydrates and the amount of calories consumed.Here are some recommendations that can be given by the attending physician :
• It is extremely useful to eat beef, pomegranate, red apples and other products that promote the recovery of hemoglobin in the blood;
• To normalize and restore the liver, it is necessary to minimize the consumption of flour products, fatty foods, and spicy foods;
• To normalize the work of the whole body, it is recommended to eat various herbal teas, carrot, beet, tomato juices, milk;
• to restore the work of the intestine in the diet selected products depending on the nature of the problem (constipation, diarrhea).
3. Removal of dead cancer cells from the body. Dead tumor cells that are formed after chemotherapeutic treatment, usually remain in the body of the patient in the form of necrotic tissue. When these cells get into the blood, various side effects can occur, such as temperature changes, general weakness, headache, lethargy, poor health. To get rid of the body of necrotic tissue the most effective way is abundant drinking. In this case, it is recommended to drink at least -2 liters of water per day. Also, the oncologist can recommend some diuretics.
4. Other aspects.To restore the function of hair growth help wellfolk remedies. such as burdock oil (must be rubbed into the scalp), as well as various rinses from the root of burdock or nettle. To bring the normal operation of all body systems is highly recommended sufficient amount of time in the open air, moderate physical activity, swimming, walking walks. It is important to bring a habitual way of life, and if you need to seek help from a psychologist or contact a specialized support group.
Restorative measures after the course of chemotherapy can last from six months to several years. At this time, you should pay sufficient attention to your own health, as well as carefully follow all the recommendations of your doctor.
Sources: http://zhkt.guru/ponos-diareya/prichiny-24/lekarstvennaya/posle-himioterapii, http://www.astromeridian.ru/medicina/vozobnovit_organizm_posle_himioterapii.html, http://econet.ru/articles/62469-kak-vosstanovit-organizm-posle-himioterapii
No comments yet!
Share your opinion