Anxiety of the intestine in a cat than to treat
Than to treat diarrhea in a cat
Intestinal disorders very often happen not only in humans, but also in their pets. Diarrhea in a cat can signal the development of a disease, so postpone a visit to a veterinarian in this case is not worth it.
How and how to treat diarrhea in a cat or a cat?
The reasons for the disorder of the intestine of the animal, characterized by a frequent liquid stool, there are many. If the problem manifests itself in an easy form, then it can be eliminated very simply by normalizing the nutrition of the pet. Some cats may suddenly become intolerant of certain foods, which they, being kittens, perceived normally.
In other cases, the causes of diarrhea in cats are not so harmless. A significant cause for concern may be a prolonged lack of improvement in the correction of the pet's diet. In case of joining of other unpleasant symptoms it is necessary to urgently address to the veterinarian with a question how to treat diarrhea at a cat. As a rule, food passes through the small inte
- Binge eating. Excessive food causes an increased intestinal peristalsis, because of which nutrients do not have time to suck in the blood. As a result, food enters the small intestine in a liquid form;
- Incorrect food. Eating rodents, spoiled food and falling fatty foods and some plants can cause diarrhea in cats. This is also facilitated by a rare water change in the pet;
- Poisoning. Spoiled food or toxic substances can cause intestinal disorders, in particular, diarrhea;
- Invasive diseases. The presence of worms and other pathogenic bacteria (lamblia, isospores) in the animal's body can provoke frequent diarrhea. Such diarrhea is accompanied by the appearance of mucus and blood in the feces;
- Infections. The lack of vaccination in the cat causes suspicion of viral and bacterial infections (plaque, coronavirus, parvovirus enteritis and others);
- Intestinal diseases. Disorders of the digestive glands, inflammation and damage to the walls of the intestine, pancreatitis and other gastrointestinal diseases cause diarrhea in the cat.
However, a prolonged liquid stool does not always appear alone. In most cases, other symptoms are associated with it, depending on the initial causes of diarrhea in the cat:
- Piteous meow, indicating severe pain;
- Bloody and mucous impurities in the feces;
- Pallor of the nose and gums of the animal;
- Increase the body temperature of the pet;
- Apathy and weakness;
- Fever, convulsions;
- Strong thirst.
Drugs for diarrhea in cats
Before treating diarrhea in a cat, contact with complaints about harassing symptoms to the veterinarian. After the examination, the specialist will assign a series of tests and diagnostic procedures, the results of which will help determine the source of diarrhea and other painful symptoms. How to treat diarrhea in a cat with intestinal disorders? In these cases, the veterinarian may prescribe the following drugs:
- Activated carbon;
- Smecta or enterosgel;
- Antimicrobial agents of a wide spectrum of action (enterofuril, nifuroxazide, levomycetin and others);
The veterinarian appoints the dosage and the scheme of taking medicinal products on an individual basis, depending on the course of the disease and the age of the pet. When parasites are infected, the specialist will choose for the pet anthelmintic drugs effective against a particular pathogen.
When a diarrhea occurs in a cat, the pet's diet should be reviewed. In the event that diarrhea is not accompanied by dehydration, an increase in body temperature and other anxiety symptoms, nutrition can help quickly get rid of this problem. Diet with diarrhea excludes the feeding of the cat milk and any dairy products. Also it is necessary to exclude from food products with a high content of starch and carbohydrates. During the first day after the detection of diarrhea, the cat does not feed the animal, but give it unlimited quantities of clean drinking water. After 24 hours, gradually introduce into the diet in small quantities boiled chicken and chicken broth, boiled rice or meat puree, sold in baby food departments.
Find out more on the topic
- Than to treat diarrhea in a cat Such a trouble, like diarrhea, can overtake not only humans, but also domestic animals. Often this problem occurs in cats and
- How to treat diarrhea in a dog In veterinary practice, diarrhea is a common clinical problem. Among domestic pets, she often suffers from dogs. What and how to treat diarrhea
- Than to treat an allergy at a cat Allergic reactions is an answer of immunity on hit in an organism of allergens. Animals, especially cats, like people often suffer
- How to treat a cat for a cold Like people, domestic cats and cats are also susceptible to colds. In the absence of treatment, mild discomfort in the pet can cause
- Than to treat ears to cat Cat, unlike people, are capable to catch even the most silent sounds. However, various diseases of the ears can deprive the pet of this valuable
How to treat diarrhea in a cat
Indigestion is familiar not only to people. And animals often suffer from it. For the tailed, this is also stress and a problem that, unfortunately, they can not tell and ask for help. The hosts are at the same time panicking and do not always know what exactly should be done in such situations, helping their pet or pet. So, about the causes of diarrhea in the tail and the ways of its treatment.
Causes of diarrhea in cats
Even if you take good care of your cat, it is healthy, from such a phenomenon as diarrhea. it is not insured. It can be caused by:
- Errors in nutrition.For example, feeding cats with only meat or milk, seasoned with spices food. Overfeeding an animal can lead to diarrhea.
- The spoiled,Overdue dairy products are the cause of diarrhea in cats.
- Change of water.The habit of one composition and the quality of the liquid can cause indigestion of the cat's stomach when it changes.
- Socking a cat in the transport.It can be without the habit of a long trip in the car.
- Switch to new products.Replacing the dry food of natural food very often causes diarrhea in shaggy.
- Stress.Cats, like people, react to stressful situations with digestive disorders. These situations include a visit to a veterinarian, the appearance of a new animal in the house or a newborn.
These reasons an attentive and caring cat owner can eliminate themselves. It is much more dangerous if diarrhea in a pet is a symptom of a certain disease. What diseases of cats are accompanied by diarrhea? Here they are:
- Glistovye infestations. Trichomoniasis and lamblia, roundworms and coccidiosis cause diarrhea in cats.
- Bacterial infections caused by E. coli or Salmonella.
- Viral infections in the form of catnip and leukemia, infectious peritonitis.
- Fungal infections.
- Kidney diseases.
- Intestinal obstruction.
Unfortunately, cats also have severe illnesses. But this does not give rise to panic and worries. After all, in the ability of a good owner to save a pet from disease, to cure it. And if your cat is vaccinated, does not contact with stray animals, then do not worry about the fact that diarrhea is a symptom of a dangerous disease.
We treat a cat from diarrhea
Begin the treatment of the pet should be from the revision of his menu. Maybe you give him too much fatty milk? Raw fish and liver often cause disorders in cats, as well as overfeeding. And they are typical, like people, individual intolerance of certain products. Of course, it is difficult to identify these products. But if your pet or pet has diarrhea, then it should be put on a hard diet. One-time meals and its frequency should be reduced. If the cause of the disorder is a change of water, for example, you went to the village for a few days with the pet, then for sure when you return home the diarrhea will stop.
If the cause of diarrhea is the transition to a new food, then it is necessary to cancel it and then in a few days again to introduce it into the diet in very small portions.
When it comes to diarrhea in kittens, it often happens because of their absence from the milk of the mother. In such cases it is not recommended to treat. Wait a couple of days - and this all by itself is formed. But when after the lapse of 3-4 days the kitten continues to suffer from the disorder, then, perhaps, the reason for this became parasites. Try to give him anthelmintic drugs, show the vet.
Easy disorders in cats can be treated independently. Start by stopping feeding during the day. Give the pet only boiled water. You can crush the activated charcoal and give the cat at the rate of one tablet per ten kilograms of body weight. For this, a syringe is used, and a solution of coal is poured into it. The syringe should be inserted between the teeth of the cat and injected with the medicine. Obediently weakened cats can drink coal from a spoon.
Another option is to water the cat with chamomile or St. John's wort. When the condition of your pet begins to improve, then he needs small portions to offer boiled chicken meat or egg yolk, meat purees for children or diet pates for animals. Food at this time should be low-carbohydrate.
When, with diarrhea, should a cat have to immediately and urgently contact the veterinarian? These are situations of uninterrupted diarrhea within 3-4 days, accompanied by a very fluid stool; plaintive meowing of a pet; diarrhea with blood; cramps in the pet; stinking feces and incessant thirst.Look, whatprivilegethey are waiting for you! And they will be available to you immediately after registration.
- Maintain a personal blog and share your emotions
- Communicate, advise and receive advice on the forum
- Participate in super contests and win prizes
- Get advice and recommendations from experts and even the stars!
- To learn the first about the juiciest articles and new trends
How to treat diarrhea in a cat?
Such trouble, as an intestinal disorder, is familiar to all of us not by hearsay. And, alas, not only us (people). Animals also suffer from such disorders. And our pussies (adult cats and cats and little kittens) from time to time give us such surprises as diarrhea. And in fact diarrhea (you know) is not only a loose stool, but also pain and abdominal pain, nausea, lack of appetite and, as a result, dehydration of the body. For a cat, this stress, but not less stress, such a trouble is for the owners of the animal.
Therefore, the owners begin to panic and immediately begin to treat the cat. However, diarrhea is not a disease, but a symptom. By the way, in a cat diarrhea can be caused not only by diseases, but also by stressful situations.
What causes diarrhea in a cat?
Even if your animal is healthy, diarrhea can be caused by the following reasons.
- Inaccuracies in the diet or the "wrong" menu. If you feed the cat only with meat or milk, give it spiced with spices or fatty foods, overfeed the animal.
- Food poisoning and diarrhea cause spoiled foods.
- Change of water.
- Swaying in transport: a long trip in a train or in a car.
- Transition to new food: the replacement of normal food with dry food or the first feeding of kittens.
- Stressful situations: a visit to a veterinarian, the appearance of new animals or newborns in the house.
However, all this is an easily removable cause of diarrhea. Much worse is the case if the cause of diarrhea are diseases. What diseases are accompanied by diarrhea?
- Intestinal parasites (worms): trichomoniasis, lamblia, coccidiosis, roundworms.
- Bacterial infections that cause E. coli, Salmonella, Clostridia, Campylobacteria.
- Viral infections: panleukopenia (catnip), leukemia, infectious peritonitis.
- Fungal infections.
- Intestinal obstruction.
- Hyperteriosis (a deficiency of thyroid hormones).
- Diseases of the kidneys and liver.
But do not immediately panic and weep at the thought of the deadly disease of your pet. If your beauty (or beauties) is vaccinated, if she does not contact homeless or wild animals, then the cause of diarrhea is most likely not a particularly dangerous disease. And then not a disease at all, but a nervous or nutritional disorder. You just need to analyze the situation and take the first necessary steps.
How to treat diarrhea in a cat?
First of all, once again carefully look, than you feed your favorite. Fatty meat, raw fish and liver, fresh milk often cause intestinal disorders. However, there may be an individual intolerance to certain products. In this case, simply exclude from the menu everything that could cause diarrhea and put the animal on a short-term diet. Overfeeding is manifested by a single plentiful and liquid stool. In this case, you need to reduce portions and the frequency of food intake. If a possible reason is a change of water, then you can drink the cat with the usual water for it.
If you are transferring an animal to new food, then do it gradually, adding to the usual foods small portions of new food. If diarrhea has started with a small kitten that you just bought, then most likely it is a reaction to a change in diet and weaning from mother's milk. In this case, diarrhea will quickly pass "by itself". If the baby continues to suffer from diarrhea, then perhaps it is caused by intestinal parasites. In this case, it is necessary to give the kitten helminth preparations and show it to the vet.
Light intestinal disorders, accompanied by short and unbearable diarrhea, without raising the temperature and general weakness, can be treated at home. To do this, stop giving the animal food within a day (kittens - no longer than twelve hours). At the same time, it is necessary to ensure constant access of the animal to clean and fresh (boiled) water. In addition to taking such emergency measures, it is necessary to give the cat activated charcoal twice a day at the rate of "one tablet for ten kilograms of weight "and drink it with a decoction of chemist's chamomile or St. John's wort (five milliliters per one reception).
In order to give the cat a medicine, dissolve the activated charcoal in boiled water. A solution of coal or herbal decoction dial into a syringe (without a needle), raise the animal's head and, holding it by the chin, insert the tip of the syringe between the cat's teeth and pour the medicine into the mouth.
As soon as the condition of the sick animal begins to improve, start giving it easily digestible food: boiled chicken meat (white), boiled egg yolk, boiled rice. By the way, as a dietary meal the cat will be served with meat purees for baby food or special dietary pates for animals. The main thing is that the food is low-carbohydrate. On the first day after curative fasting, you can give only half of the usual rate of food, and return to the normal diet - only after full recovery.
When should I see a doctor?
In no case can not exclude the possibility of diarrhea in a cat due to serious diseases. In what cases is it necessary to contact the veterinarian?
- Prolonged (longer than a day) uninterrupted diarrhea.
- Abundant and very thin stool.
- Plaintive and even tearing meow (indicative of severe pain).
- Pronounced apathy and weakness (staggering, flexing of limbs).
- Diarrhea with blood or mucus.
- Severe vomiting.
- Pale gums and nose.
- Temperature increase.
- Fever and cramps.
- Fetid (more than usual) stool.
- The never-ending thirst.
With such symptoms accompanying diarrhea, it is necessary to urgently take the animal to the doctor or even call an ambulance veterinarian. Your cat will be examined, diagnosed and prescribed treatment.
If your pet finds parasites, then you will begin the appropriate course of treatment. The animal will be prescribed special preparations with a certain regimen of reception and a diet. Usually in such cases, the treatment is repeated: in a few weeks - a second course.
If dehydration of the body has already occurred, it is most likely that the animal will be prescribed a dropper: intravenously or subcutaneously. You will have to bring the cat to the clinic or call a specialist on the house. In any case, this procedure is necessary, since with diarrhea, a liquid drunk by a cat is too fast to leave the body. If diarrhea is caused by an infection, then the animal will be given a course of antibiotic treatment.
So do not expect "at random". In severe cases, diarrhea does not pass by itself. Trust the doctor and approach the treatment responsibly. After all, your cat trusts you and is waiting for help from you. Do not deceive her hopes. And to prevent intestinal disorders, feed the animal correctly, in time to vaccinate, give the anthelmintic preparations at least once a season. And be (and you, and your pussy) are healthy!
Sources: http://terapevtplus.ru/domashnie-zhivotnye/lechit-ponos-u-kota/, http://pitomcy.net/story/chem-lechit-ponos-u-koshki, http://www.jlady.ru/pets/kak-lechit-ponos-u-koshki.html
No comments yet!
Share your opinion