How to restore intestinal function in diarrhea
Diet for diarrhea: how to help the intestines bounce back
Diarrhea (diarrhea) can accompany various conditions and diseases, but in most cases passes without treatment. A special diet will help to solve this problem.
The causes of diarrhea can be a variety of conditions, and usually they need to be treated. If the disorder of the stool is accompanied by other symptoms: vomiting, fever, - should consult a doctor. If there are no additional symptoms, the correction of the diet and diet can be sufficient to solve the problem. To take medicine for diarrhea independently, doctors are advised only in emergency cases, when they can not do without them.
Red, black or discolored stool, as well as vomiting, swelling, pain
and high fever may be signs of serious diseases, dangerous
for life. In these cases, you should immediately call an ambulance.
Importance of diets for diarrhea
Diarrhea is a rapid evacuation of the intestines, which is accompanied by a loose stool. The danger of this disorder increases with its duration
The main causes of stool disorder in healthy people are the change of water and food (the so-called traveler's diarrhea), food poisoning, acute infectious diseases, intake of some medicines. Diarrhea can be a consequence of inflammatory processes, bowel diseases, liver, nervous disorders, metabolic disorders, hepatitis, etc.
What is table number 4?
The main task of a diary diet is to provide the body with nutrients while reducing the load on the gastrointestinal tract. The process of digestion in this disorder is disturbed, the speed of passage of food is increased, so you should exclude everything that can irritate or strengthen the digestive tract. It is important to prevent the development of inflammation, fermentation and putrefactive processes and help the intestines restore normal work. The official name for diarrhea is table number 4.
Principles of diarrhea diet
- a reduced amount of fats and carbohydrates with a normal number of proteins;
- Exclusion of products that stimulate the secretion of digestive organs;
- Exclusion of products that cause fermentation and putrefaction in the intestine;
- semi-liquid or mashed warm food;
- abundance of liquid (up to 2 liters per day);
- fractional food;
- caloric intake, reduced to 1800-1900 kcal per day.
The Bristol University has developed the so-called Bristol
stool scale (table for determining its condition). According to this table,
Seven types of stools are distinguished, diarrhea is considered the last two.
When diarrhea is necessary to provide energy to the patient's body, however, it must be done carefully. Preference should be given to easily digestible products: boiled, steamed and then rubbed. Steam cutlets, knels, soufflé from tender low-fat meat or fish are the best source of protein. Recommended mucous cereal soups on skimmed light broth. Porridge of rice, oatmeal, buckwheat groats must be wiped before use.
Eggs soft-boiled or in the form of a scrambled eggs, fresh fresh cottage cheese, grated baked apples are allowed. fruit jelly and berries with fixing action (pear, blueberry, dogwood, quince). Only butter is allowed from fats - it can be added to ready meals in small quantities.
With diarrhea, it is useful to eat yesterday's wheat bread and wheat rusks - they have adsorbing properties. Other bakery products are excluded.
Prohibitions and restrictions
From the diet should exclude all products that, due to their chemical or physical (mechanical, temperature) properties can irritate the gastrointestinal tract. That is why under the ban all hot and cold, fatty, pungent, salty, sweet.
Cigarettes, pickles and other preserves, confectionery, milk, coffee with milk, cocoa, carbonated drinks are not permitted. For a while you will have to give up fatty varieties of meat and fish, as well as caviar and sausage. A separate taboo on alcohol - alcohol increases dehydration.
Not allowed to eat fresh fruit - their dietary fiber is too rough for irritated digestive tract. For the same reason, vegetables are forbidden - only a few light vegetable decoctions can be added to the dishes. Beans are also not recommended, since they can provoke gas formation.
The benefits of rehydrating solutions
With diarrhea, the body suffers from dehydration, so doctors recommend the use of special rehydrating solutions - they will help restore the disturbed water-salt balance. If there are no pharmacies nearby, you can prepare the solution yourself: for 1 liter of boiled water, take 1 tbsp. spoonful of sugar, 1 hour. spoon of salt and 1/2 h. spoons of baking soda.
On the basis of the health ration
The daily volume of free liquid should be 2 liters per day. Drink should be green and black tea, coffee, broth of rose hips, mineral water without gas. In some cases, diluted fruit and berry juices are allowed.
The methods of heat treatment of the products are steamed and boiled.
Food should be warm, cold and hot dishes are prohibited.
To ease the load on the gastrointestinal tract, take food should be divided: 5-6 times a day little by little. The second breakfast and afternoon tea are allowed symbolic - it is recommended to drink decoctions of rose hips and other berries.
Treatment of diarrhea involves rest and a minimum of physical exertion.
Expert:Galina Filippova, doctor-therapeutist, candidate of medical sciences
The material uses photos belonging to shutterstock.com
In winter, it is especially important to choose the right tights. After all, not only the great Suvorov spoke about keeping his feet warm, all modern doctors say this also. Reflexologists say that there are biologically active points on the shins that are responsible for immunity; therapists note, that the hypothermia of the feet leads to a cold; gynecologists and urologists unanimously say that the cold blows on the legs, and the appendages suffer and kidney.
September 18, 1: 3Holy water from the Austrian churches was dangerous for health
Checking the water from holy springs, churches and chapels has shown that it is polluted and not recommended for use as a drinking water.
May 22, 2: 9Diet, rich in fiber, increases the risk of infection with a dangerous E. coli
In lovers of fiber in the intestine increased the number of bacteria Escherichia coli (E. coli).
6 December, 1: 3A method of effective treatment of brain tumors is found
The scientists published the results of the study, during which they studied the effectiveness of a combination of radiation therapy and a ketogenic diet in the treatment of brain cancer.
5 December, 1: 7Healthy diet will not give rise to heart attacks and strokes
A diet useful for the heart can protect patients with cardiovascular diseases from repeated strokes and heart attacks.
How to distinguish a loose stool from diarrhea in adults: how to catch the difference
Does a thin stool in an adult always mean diarrhea or is there a difference? Can a watery consistency of feces be observed in an absolutely healthy man or woman? Let's see how you can distinguish between these two states.
The same or different?
First let's see if it's worth trying to distinguish diarrhea from a loose stool, whether there is a difference between them. To do this, you need to understand what constitutes diarrhea. So, diarrhea (diarrhea) - the state of the child or adult, in which there is rapid and intensified defecation. The main symptom of diarrhea is the presence of a loose stool. But this symptom is not necessary. In rare cases, diarrhea is characterized by frequent defecation with the allocation of sufficiently thick feces.
Thus, watery stool always means diarrhea. But diarrhea itself is not always accompanied by a loose stool, since there are some forms of diarrhea with the discharge dense stools (they are more watery than usual, but still the difference between them and liquid feces there is).
Disorder with maintaining an acceptable stool consistency
We will analyze cases of diarrhea without the appearance of a loose stool. The main symptoms of this chair will be frequent urge to the toilet and increase the volume of stool.
Intensive defecation with dense feces may occur when consuming too much plant food, but insufficient water consumption - vegetable food increases the contents of the intestines and enhances peristalsis, but water deficiency does not allow feces to take liquid shape.
Another cause of diarrhea with a normal stool is a mild dysbiosis. In the human body there are millions of useful bacteria - bifidobacteria, lactobacilli, clostidia, enterococci, fusobacteria and many others. Distinguish the state when these bacteria are small, from the normal state is very simple - instantly disrupted digestion. And with a severe deficit, there will be a classic diarrhea. But if the lack of bacteria is moderate, then the consistency can have a small difference with a healthy feces - just be a little less dense than usual.
Watery stools - dangerous or not?
The appearance of a loose stool in adults should be alerted, since it is impossible to distinguish a small food frustration from a serious illness at once.Watery stools in adults are not a sign of a serious illness in the following cases:
- When an adult eats a lot of plant foods (especially food, rich in fiber) and consumes a lot of water (it is important, but its excess liquefies stool). As soon as a person normalizes his diet, the stools will get their form.
- With severe dysbiosis. For example, after a person has been treated for a long time with antibiotics, which kill a useful intestinal microflora. For treatment it is necessary to take drugs containing the right amount of beneficial bacteria. You can distinguish such medications by special notes indicating which active culture they contain.
- With a sharp change in food preferences. This often happens with tourists coming to a new country and trying unfamiliar food. The stomach and intestines are not used to new food and at first react to it by releasing more enzymes, which accelerates peristalsis. Gradually the body gets used, and the work of the bodies comes back to normal.
Liquid stools in adults are sometimes a symptom of very dangerous diseases:
- With colienteritis, the stool is liquid, it can be distinguished by orange color.
- With salmonellosis the difference is that the feces are dark green, a little mucus is released.
- With dysentery, feces are very watery, but with a lot of mucus and small veins of blood.
- In typhus, the stools are watery, the difference in the color of the feces is a green hue with impurities of bile.
- With cholera, the feces are liquid, secreted almost continuously, colorless.
- With viral hepatitis, the stool is liquid, clayey, there are no pathological impurities.
- When bleeding in the digestive organs, liquid feces become black.
- With intestinal flu, rapid defecation with watery feces of light color occurs.
How to restore intestinal function
The treatment of a loose stool in an adult depends on the cause of it. After the examination, the doctor will prescribe the necessary drugs that will help get rid of the disease that caused diarrhea. To restore the density of stool doctors prescribe drugs:
- Enterosorbents - drugs that give feces of density (bind structure). To this group of drugs are Smecta, Polysorb, Ultra-Adsorbent, Activated Carbon, Polyphepanum, Filtrum.
- Prebiotics - funds for the treatment and prevention of fluid stools, but which arose exclusively against the background of dysbiosis. Example: Lactobacterin, Bifidobacterin, Bifikol, Bifiform, Haliqfort, Rioflora Balance.
- Remedies that slow the peristalsis of the intestine, that is, reduce its motor skills. Such agents include Ftalazol, Enterofuril, Enterol, Intetriks, Sulgin, Furazolidone.
- Herbal preparations that promote thickening of the stool. Assigned with a slight dilution of stool. For example: the root of a blood-groove, dried blueberries, pomegranate peel.
Summarize. Liquid feces is one of the manifestations of diarrhea, so talking about the difference between them is not correct. As for the cause of watery stool in adults, it can be very serious diseases. That's why when he repeats the occurrence, you need to see a doctor and find out the cause of the ailment. The speed of the treatment of a specialist is important, since the earlier the treatment is started, the less the risk of complications. Take care of yourself and be well!
Prevention and treatment of diarrhea
[ #247 (26) 03.07.2000 ]
Almost every one of us at least once in my life faced the problem of diarrhea - the increase in bowel movements more than 2 times a day, at which the feces have a liquid consistency. With diarrhea, the passage of the contents of the intestine is accelerated due to the intensification of its peristalsis, is broken absorption of water in the large intestine, a significant amount of inflammatory secretion or transudate. In some cases, this problem, harmless at first sight, can lead to serious enough, sometimes even life-threatening consequences. One of the most dangerous complications of diarrhea, which is more common in young children and the elderly, is dehydration (dehydration of the body).
Diarrhea can be acute (occurs unexpectedly and stops within 1-2 weeks) and chronic (lasts more than 2 weeks). In chronic diarrhea, careful monitoring of the doctor is necessary to determine the cause of the pathology, determining the tactics of treatment and preventing the development of various complications, including dehydration.
Diarrhea is characterized by the following symptoms:
• Increased defecation with a liquid, watery stool (sometimes with mucus, blood veins);
• abdominal pain;
• nausea, vomiting;
• decreased appetite and weight loss.
Diarrhea can be infectious (with dysentery, salmonellosis, food poisoning, viral diseases), alimentary (with malnutrition or with allergies to those or other food products), dyspeptic (if there is a violation of digestion of food due to secretory deficiency of the stomach, pancreas, liver or insufficient allocation in the small intestine of some enzymes), toxic (often accompanies uremia, poisoning with mercury, arsenic), drug (may be a consequence of suppression of the physiological flora of the intestine, the development of dysbacteriosis), neurogenic (in violation of nervous regulation of motor activity of the intestine, for example, arising under the influence of excitement, fear and etc.). In addition, there is a so-called travelers diarrhea. In this case, diarrhea occurs in people who have to travel a lot, with the use of water contaminated with microbes. Especially often such diarrhea is noted during the summer holidays.
First of all, the treatment of diarrhea should be aimed at eliminating the cause that caused it. One of the most important aspects of diarrhea therapy is to prevent dehydration of the body. Since ordinary drinking water does not contain sugar, mineral salts, which loses the body when diarrhea, it is very important to compensate for this loss by consuming a large amount of fluid containing these substance. These can be rehydrating solutions, broth, mineral water. If you are concerned about vomiting, it is better to take a small amount of fluid every 15-20 minutes.
It is very important to follow a diet. From the diet for the entire period of the disease must be excluded fatty foods, coffee and milk. It is recommended to use (especially children) bananas, boiled rice, apple puree, crackers.
In some cases, with infectious diarrhea, it is necessary to use antibacterial drugs, which can be prescribed only by a doctor.
With infectious diarrhea, many doctors prefer not to prescribe drugs that depress intestinal peristalsis (despite the fact that they are fast and effectively eliminate the symptoms of the disease), because it slows down the removal of the intestines of viruses or bacteria, as well as their toxins.
In recent years, anti-diarrheal microbial preparations (for example, HILAK produced by the German company "ratiopharm") are widely used, which not only quickly and effectively eliminate diarrhea, but also restore the broken intestinal microflora, normalize the process of digestion, restore the disturbed water-electrolyte balance, prevent the development in the intestines of putrefactive flora.
The development of diarrhea can be prevented. For this, it is very important to follow the rules of personal hygiene. We bring to your attention other recommendations that, if carried out, you can avoid this disease:
• while on a business trip, vacation, at the dacha, try not to drink raw water;
• Always wash fruits and vegetables before use;
• eat only thermally processed foods;
• Never eat raw or half-baked meat and fish.
Be sure to consult a doctor if:
• Diarrhea lasts more than 4 days;
• Diarrhea is accompanied by one of such symptoms as:
- the presence of blood veins or mucus in the stool;
- dark, tarry stools;
- abdominal pain;
- high body temperature;
- there is a possibility of food poisoning.
• Quickly and effectively eliminates diarrhea
• Provides sanation of the intestines, normalizes the process of digestion
• Restores the disturbed intestinal microflora and water-electrolyte balance
• Stimulates the synthesis of epithelial cells of the intestinal wall
• Improves the physiological function of the intestinal mucosa
• Normalizes the natural synthesis of vitamins
• Prevents the development of putrefactive flora in the intestine
• A natural preparation containing the products of the exchange of normal intestinal microflora, which are "Building" material for damaged intestinal microorganisms for dysbacteriosis and, in particular, for diarrhea
• Stimulates the development of more than 500 types of microorganisms own intestinal microflora, rather than individual strains
• Assign simultaneously with antibiotics as a means of preventing dysbiosis
• Can be used in patients of any age group, including newborns and the elderly, as well as during pregnancy
• Easy to dose
• Low cost of treatment
on the materials provided
representative office of the company «ratiopharm» in Ukraine,
Tel. (044) 490-58-62,
fax: (044) 490-58-63
Interesting information for you:
Sources: http://www.medweb.ru/articles/dieta-pri-diaree, http://gastromir.com/kishechnik/caureja/zhidkij-stul-no-ne-ponos, http://www.apteka.ua/article/10858
No comments yet!
Share your opinion