How to treat the intestines of a kitten
Have cat diarrhea: how to treat an upset stomach of a pet
Loving and caring owners usually carefully monitor the health of their pets and always notice any change in the state of health of the animal. One of the unpleasant symptoms that can alert a person # 8212; diarrhea in the cat. Owners must know what to do and how to stop diarrhea without harming the pet at the same time.
What is the reason?
The causes of diarrhea are different, but in any case you need to establish them in order to prescribe the right treatment. An upset stomach in a cat can occur due to the following factors:
- Poisoning by spoiled products (if the cat is full of waste or foul food, it may start a frequent severe diarrhea);
- harmful food (if you feed the cat with fatty food from your table, after an "improper" lunch he may have an upset stomach);
- intolerance to certain foods (the reaction of the body can occur on coffee, chocolate, nuts, milk and many other products that can not stomach stomach);
- change in feed (sometimes cats are blighted
- too large portions of food (often diarrhea occurs due to overeating of the animal);
- reaction to the drug (taking antibiotics and some other drugs provoke attacks of diarrhea);
- a recent castration (diarrhea can occur after castration, usually such a symptom is already the next day, long to treat the pet will not have to);
- helminthic invasions (the cause of the appearance of worms can be not only waste and raw meat, but flies - carriers of parasites, which are often eaten by cats);
- bacterial infections;
- viral infections;
- intestinal obstruction;
- inflammation of the intestinal tract, colitis;
- pathology of the liver;
- oncological diseases.
Types of diarrhea and diagnosis
Having understood why the cat is being abused, it is necessary to carefully consider its stool masses. The color and consistency of the feces will help to establish a diagnosis. Veterinarians distinguish several types of diarrhea:
- yellow stool (the appearance of a feces of yellow color indicates that the food in the gastrointestinal tract is poorly digested);
- green stools (feces of green color testify to putrefactive processes in the intestine and most often appear in cases when the cat ate a rotten meal);
- orange stool (appears with liver disease);
- white stool (such a stool indicates problems with the outflow of bile);
- fecal masses with blood (a sign of bleeding, if blood is found in feces, it is urgent to go to a veterinary clinic, doing it yourself is not recommended);
- diarrhea with mucus (a sign of inflammation localized in the large intestine);
- feces with foam (indicating a bacterial infection).
Treatment by own strength
If the pet goes to the toilet 3-4 times a day, the amount of his stool is not too large, while he has no other symptoms (vomiting, fever, lethargy, etc.) and he does not refuse food and water, the owner can stop diarrhea on his own without resorting to medical assistance. To cure your pet, a person should limit it to eating, putting on a starvation diet. This diet can last up to 24 hours. In this case, you can drink an animal in unlimited quantities.
In addition to the diet, the owner at home can give the cat a ground and water-mixed activated charcoal 2 times a day (most conveniently with a syringe or pipette). A single dose of coal is calculated as follows: one tablet is enough for 10 kilograms of the animal's weight (i.e. if the pet weighs 5 kilograms, it will take half the tablet, a kilogram - a quarter of the pill and etc.). If the house is Smecta, you can give the cat and her. Also, the broths of medicinal herbs (oak bark, St. John's wort, chamomile, etc.) will be superfluous. They will have an easy fixing action and prevent dehydration.
After the forced starvation of the pet you can start feeding, but you need to do it with extreme caution. At first, it is best to offer the cat chicken broth, boiled chicken breast, boiled egg yolk, rice porridge on the water. Portions should be small (less than usual servings 2 times). You can also feed the animal with a ready-made medical food designed for domestic cats with a sick stomach and digestive problems.
After the cat begins to feel better (usually it comes the next day), its should gradually be transferred to the usual diet, excluding too fatty and poorly digestible products. Thus the owner should look after the state of health of the pet and watch that in it there was no repeated indigestion of a stomach.
When is time to see a doctor?
Urgent to take the animal to the veterinarian, who will be able to help and carry out the treatment, is necessary in the following situations:
- if the cat opened up vomiting, fever increased, there was a fever and cramps;
- if the pet feces more than 5 times per day;
- if the cat's diarrhea does not stop more than a day;
- if the animal has feces with blood or mucus;
- if the stool has an unpleasant odor;
- If the pet completely refuses water.
For any of the above conditions, the host should apply to the veterinary clinic, and not try to do anything and treat the cat alone. At the reception it is necessary to inform the doctor how long the diarrhea began, tell about the nature and frequency of bowel movements, o condition of the animal, etc. Complete and accurate information will help the veterinarian to quickly establish the correct diagnosis and prescribe treatment.
Depending on the reasons that influenced the appearance of diarrhea, the doctor can prescribe the following medicines:
- anthelmintic preparations (means for the vermin will destroy the parasites present in the cat's body);
- antimicrobial agents (Enterofuril, Levomycetin and other drugs of this type are prescribed for bacterial infections);
- sorbents (such drugs as Smecta, Enterosgel, activated charcoal, help to remove toxins from the body that caused diarrhea);
- means for dehydration (to prevent loss of fluid, injections or systems with Ringer-Locke solution or other saline solutions will help).
But to give human Loperamide (medicine against diarrhea) animals can not. This drug can only worsen the condition of the pet.
Do not delay treatment of diarrhea for later. Rapid fluid loss with diarrhea can worsen the condition of the seal. Treat indigestion caused by a disease, should only those drugs that are prescribed by the doctor. The owner should not experiment with other medicines and folk recipes.
Cough and prostateCough- one of the frequent and basic signs of the disease of the respiratory system.
The cause of coughing can be immediate irritation of sensitive endings (receptors) of the mucous membrane of the respiratory tract (pharynx, larynx, trachea, bronchi) and pleura. Less often there is a cough of reflex origin, when the source of irritation is outside the respiratory tract. Sometimes coughing occurs when emotion, emotional stress. The relationship of the cough act to the central nervous system (so-called. the cough center is in the medulla oblongata) allows to develop a cough discipline in patients with tuberculosis, chronic. diseases of the lungs that delay coughing while staying in public places.
When coughing, first a deep breath takes place, then the respiratory muscles become strained, and the voice gap closes - high pressure is created in the chest cavity. After that, an exhaled exhalation of a strong jet of air under high pressure occurs through the narrowed vocal chink, and a stream of air expels from the lungs a sputum or foreign body.
There are coughs:
1) in duration - paroxysmal (with pertussis), intermittent (with bronchitis), continuous, short (with pleurisy);
2) in timbre - barking with defeat of the larynx and hysteria, hoarse and soundless with inflammation and ulceration of the vocal cords.
Depending on the presence of sputum, a cough is distinguished wet (with sputum secretion) and dry. Cough with sputum discharge can occur with bronchitis, pneumonia, pulmonary tuberculosis. Dry cough often occurs with diseases of the upper respiratory tract, compression of the bronchi with foreign body and in the initial stages of inflammatory diseases of the bronchi and lungs.
1. Devyasil (root). 20 g of crushed roots cook on low heat for 10 minutes in a glass of water. Insist, wrapped, 4 hours, drain. Take 1 tablespoon 3-4 times a day for 20 minutes before eating. It is used as an expectorant. 2.Plantain (leaf).
a) A tablespoon of dried leaves of plantain on 1 glass
boiling water. Insist, wrapped, 2 hours, strain. Accept to 1
table spoon 4 times a day for 20 minutes before meals and when
b) 3 tablespoons of fresh leaves of plantain mixed with 3
tablespoons of sugar powder or honey. In a closed
Place the vessel on a warm stove for 4 hours. Syrup take
1 teaspoonful 4 times a day for 30 minutes before meals.
3. Granulated sugar.2 tablespoons of granulated sugar melted in a frying pan. As soon as the sand melts, turn off the gas and pour into the sand, a glass of boiling water. Pour ostorozhno, from afar, as the mixture strongly boils and splashes. Immediately remove from the plate. Children give 1 teaspoon during an attack of cough and before going to bed at night. The daily dose of 4-5 spoons. Good for adults. 4.Pine buds. A tablespoon of kidneys per 1 cup of that boiling water. Insist, wrapped, 30-40 minutes, strain. Take one or two sips at the urge to cough, it helps right away. 5.The elderberry is black (flowers).A tablespoon of dried flowers on, liter of boiling water. Insist, wrapped, 30-40 minutes, strain. To do in the evening. Drink 1-2 cups a night warm, but not goryachim, with sugar or honey, with the addition of milk. It's good. 6.2 tablespoons butter. 2 yolks of fresh dietary eggs, 1 teaspoon of wheat flour, 2 teaspoons of honey. All is well mixed. Take a teaspoon of cough a dozen times a day. Very good to this composition
Any problems with the gastrointestinal tract in cats and cats should immediately alert their host, since they can lead to very dangerous consequences. Especially it concerns the prolapse of the rectum in the kitten. The prolapse of the rectum in the kitten occurs for a variety of reasons.
The rectum in animals is a very fragile organ that easily undergoes trauma. For example, even light shocks or falls from a small height can lead to this. In addition, the main cause may be various diseases. One of the most dangerous problems associated with this body is the prolapse of the rectum. Most often it happens in the smallest representatives of the cat family - babies up to 6 months of age. This is the main difficulty of treatment, since the kitten has an extremely fragile organism, and not all medicines can be used for it.
Determine the presence of a problem with your little pet can be quite simple. You can do it by the appearance of the animal. With this disease, a small area of the intestine appears from its anus, which looks like a folded tube. Some owners also note that it looks like some kind of strange flower.
Once the problem is noticed, it is very important to go to the vet as soon as possible. In this case, it will be possible to quickly cure the disease and protect the kitten from various dangerous consequences. Only an experienced literate specialist will be able to make an accurate diagnosis, determine the cause of the disease and choose the most effective and safe treatment. Additional examinations may also be required.
Especially dangerous for the kitten's health is to try to fix the fallen portion of the rectum independently, inspired by the advice of other users on the network's expanses. Such actions can only exacerbate the situation and worsen the condition of the baby.
The main precise reason for the prolapse of the rectum in kittens can sometimes be difficult to determine even for experienced professional veterinarians. But most often it is the infection of the animal's body with parasites. The thing is that when you visit the toilet as a result of helminthic invasion, your pet needs to strain and push hard to do its business. As a result of increased attempts, part of the rectum falls out.
Of course, in this case, treatment will need to begin with the fight against the emerging parasites. The specialist prescribes suitable medications, helps with the rectification of the rectum, after which the problem completely disappears.
But there is another common cause of this ailment. This is a permanent constipation. As a rule, they arise due to improperly organized feeding of the kitten. For example, if after a mother's milk the baby is immediately transferred to dry food. It is best to add to the ration of the kitten also moist canned food and try to give the animal as much fresh fresh water as possible.
If you immediately go to the vet there is no possibility, then you should take care that the pet does not lick the fallen part of the rectum by any means. It is best to just cover it with a clean soft cloth moistened in warm boiled water. It is best to choose a rag that is made from natural cotton. And further methods of therapy will appoint a specialist.
Sometimes the rectum falls out in the kittens in the event that they suffer from a variety of diseases of the urinary system. In this case, when you visit the toilet, the animal also has to strain hard enough, which leads to the problem under discussion.
Rectal prolapse in a kitten is a rare and dangerous phenomenon, but the appearance of negative consequences can easily be avoided if treatment is started on time. Today, there are medicines that can be given, including babies.
Sources: http://jvet.ru/koshki/ponos-u-kota, http://finmonster.ru/index.ph? d = 3884option = com_contenttask = view, http://www.8lap.ru/section/zdorove-koshek/vypadenie-pryamoy-kishki-u-kotenka-chastoe-yavlenie-kak-lechit-vypadenie-pryamoy-kishki-u-kotenka/
No comments yet!
Share your opinion