In a cat, an intestinal disorder than a cure
Liquid chair near the cat
Diarrhea refers to frequent stools of a liquid consistency. This condition can be caused by various causes: overeating, intestinal worm infections, intestinal disorders, infectious diseases and other problems. A liquid stool in a cat can appear suddenly and also quickly disappear, and can last several days and even months. With a single episode of diarrhea, there are no special reasons for agitation, but if the stool is retained An animal more than a day, it can lead to dehydration, so in this case it is worth to visit specialist. Also contact the veterinarian when there are various impurities in the stools: blood, pus, mucus and other.
Liquid chair near the cat: reasons
The most frequent causes of loose stools in cats are intestinal disorders. They, in turn, can be caused by eating spoiled or poor-quality food, falling, spices, inedible objects (pieces of paper, rags, plastic and other), poisonous and toxic substances, patients rodents. Also, the cause of diarrhea in an animal can
be too fatty food or a strong overeating.
Sometimes diarrhea can be caused by unsuitable food for the cat. Often people feed their pets in the same way they eat themselves. Many vegetables, fruits and even types of meat can cause a loose stool in the animal. Another cause of diarrhea in a cat is considered to be stressful situations. A liquid stool can be observed with a sharp change in the habitual diet, a strong fright, a change of residence, and in other similar situations.
Liquid stool with blood from the cat
The appearance of a small amount of blood in the feces of an animal, if this occurs one time in most cases, is not dangerous. This condition can occur with constipation or intestinal disorders. But if a liquid stool with a cat's blood is repeated several times or the blood volume is large enough, then, most likely, it indicates the presence of a serious disease.
The causes of liquid feces with blood in pets can be:
- parasitic infestations;
- infectious diseases;
- cancer of the large intestine;
- allergic reactions;
- an intestinal obstruction or constipation;
- problems with blood coagulability;
- the use of certain poisons for mice and rats;
- injury or damage to the large intestine and so on.
If there is a large amount of blood in the feces, severe diarrhea with an admixture of blood or the re-emergence of a stool with blood, you should seek help from a veterinarian.
The cat has a loose stool with mucus
Slime along with liquid stool in the cat in most cases indicates infection with parasites: isospores, lamblia, worms and others. Even after taking special medications with antihelminthic action, mucus in the feces may persist for several more days. Thus, the remains of parasites and their toxins leave the animal's body. After a while, the chair should be normalized.
In addition to helminthic invasion, other causes of the emergence of a loose stool with mucus are possible, such as inflammatory and infectious diseases. Therefore, before starting treatment, it is worth to visit a specialist and consult about the causes of violation of defecation.
Liquid stool, vomiting in the cat
Vomiting and loose stools in cats can be caused by the use of poor-quality food, infectious diseases, allergic reaction, and parasitic lesions. In some cases, vomiting in an animal appears with a mechanical violation of the normal patency of the intestine. The causes may be tumor processes, foreign bodies and so on. Diarrhea and vomiting manifest in pets and diseases of the pancreas, kidneys, digestive organs, thyroid gland.
When a liquid stool and vomiting appear in the cat, the animal should be allowed to access food and give it more water. If the pet's condition does not improve after that, it should be shown to the veterinarian.
Black liquid stool near the cat
The causes of a black liquid stool in a cat can be quite harmless. This phenomenon is observed when the animal feeds mainly raw meat or blood meal, as well as when taking iron or vitamin preparations with a high content of this substance.
Black stools in a cat can be one of the manifestations of disease.
- Infections with worms. With parasitism in the intestine, helminths can damage the intestinal wall, which leads to bleeding, which is manifested in the black color of the stool.
- Gastroenteritis of hemorrhagic nature. This disease often leads to exfoliation of the intestinal epithelium and damage to small vessels. This causes small bleeding and black stools.
- Damage to the walls of the intestine or stomach by foreign objects.
- Ulcerative enterocolitis or gastritis.
If a pet has a black chair, it must be shown to the veterinarian. In such cases, usually the analysis of stools is detected, revealing the hidden presence of blood. Other diagnostic measures can also be performed: tests, x-ray or ultrasound examination of the abdominal cavity, gastroscopy and so on.
The cat has a loose stool, what should I do?
Single cases of diarrhea in an animal are not cause for concern. If the liquid stool of a cat persists for two days or more, the pet experiences vomiting, loss of appetite, noticeable weight loss, fever, black feces or the presence of impurities in it, it is necessary to refer to specialist. The veterinarian will carry out the necessary diagnostics and prescribe the appropriate treatment.
Before taking a vet, it is recommended not to feed the animal. With diarrhea, the cat is left hungry for about a day, while it should often be given in small portions. After a day of hunger, light food is introduced into the animal's diet: boiled rice and boiled chicken. If diarrhea does not occur again, then you can gradually translate the cat into the usual diet.
Treatment of liquid stool in a cat
Treatment of a stool in a cat can vary significantly depending on the causes that caused this phenomenon. So, if the cause of diarrhea are parasites, then you need to conduct a course of treatment that allows you to get rid of them. It usually consists of taking special medications, which is repeated after a couple of months.
In cases where the liquid stool in a cat is caused by bacterial diseases, the animal is prescribed a course of antibiotics. A similar treatment is prescribed for intestinal wall injuries, to prevent blood contamination.
Also, animals can be prescribed drugs that slow the peristalsis of the intestine. With severe dehydration, subcutaneous or intravenous fluids can be administered. Such methods of treatment should be selected only by a veterinarian.
Cat, do you have a stomach ache?
Such trouble, as an intestinal disorder, is familiar to all of us not by hearsay. And, alas, not only us (people). Animals also suffer from such disorders. And our pussies (adult cats and cats and little kittens) from time to time give us such surprises as diarrhea. And in fact diarrhea (you know) is not only a loose stool, but also pain and abdominal pain, nausea, lack of appetite and, as a result, dehydration of the body. For a cat, this stress, but not less stress, such a trouble is for the owners of the animal.
Therefore, the owners begin to panic and immediately begin to treat the cat. However, diarrhea is not a disease, but a symptom. By the way, in a cat diarrhea can be caused not only by diseases or the food that cats love, but also by stressful situations.
What causes diarrhea in a cat?
Even if your animal is healthy, diarrhea can be caused by the following reasons.
1. Accuracy in the diet or wrong menu. If you feed the cat only with meat or milk, give it spiced with spices or fatty foods, overfeed the animal.
2. Food poisoning and diarrhea cause spoiled foods.
4. Swaying in transport: a long trip in a train or in a car.
5. Transition to new food: the replacement of normal food with dry food or the first feeding of kittens.
6. Stressful situations: a visit to a veterinarian, the appearance of new animals or newborns in the house.
However, all this is an easily removable cause of diarrhea. Much worse is the case if the cause of diarrhea are diseases.
What diseases of a cat are accompanied by a disorder of the stomach?
1. Intestinal parasites (worms): trichomoniasis, lamblia, coccidiosis, roundworms.
2. Bacterial infections that cause E. coli, Salmonella, Clostridia, Campylobacteria.
3. Viral infections: panleukopenia (catnip), leukemia, infectious peritonitis.
4. Fungal infections.
5. Intestinal obstruction.
6. Hyperteriosis (a deficiency of thyroid hormones).
8. Diseases of the kidneys and liver.
But do not immediately panic and weep at the thought of the deadly disease of your pet. If your beauty (or beauties) is vaccinated, if she does not contact homeless or wild animals, then the cause of diarrhea is most likely not a particularly dangerous disease. And then not a disease at all, but a nervous or nutritional disorder. You just need to analyze the situation and take the first necessary steps.
How to treat an upset stomach in a cat?
First of all, once again carefully look, than you feed your favorite. Fatty meat, raw fish and liver, fresh milk often cause intestinal disorders. However, there may be an individual intolerance to certain products. In this case, simply exclude from the menu everything that could cause diarrhea and put the animal on a short-term diet. Overfeeding is manifested by a single plentiful and liquid stool. In this case, you need to reduce portions and the frequency of food intake. If a possible reason is a change of water, then you can drink the cat with the usual water for it.
If you are transferring an animal to new food, then do it gradually, adding to the usual foods small portions of new food. If diarrhea has started with a small kitten that you just bought, then most likely it is a reaction to a change in diet and weaning from mother's milk. In this case diarrhea will quickly pass by itself. If the baby continues to suffer from diarrhea, then perhaps it is caused by intestinal parasites. In this case, it is necessary to give the kitten helminth preparations and show it to the vet.
Light intestinal disorders, accompanied by short and unbearable diarrhea, without raising the temperature and general weakness, can be treated at home. To do this, stop giving the animal food within a day (kittens - no longer than twelve hours). At the same time, it is necessary to ensure constant access of the animal to clean and fresh (boiled) water. In addition to taking such emergency measures, it is necessary to give the cat activated charcoal twice a day at the rate of one tablet for ten kilograms of weight and drink it with decoction of chamomile or St. John's wort (five milliliters per one reception).
In order to give the cat a medicine, dissolve the activated charcoal in boiled water. A solution of coal or herbal decoction dial into a syringe (without a needle), raise the animal's head and, holding it by the chin, insert the tip of the syringe between the cat's teeth and pour the medicine into the mouth.
As soon as the condition of the sick animal begins to improve, start giving it easily digestible food: boiled chicken meat (white), boiled egg yolk, boiled rice. By the way, as a dietary meal the cat will be served with meat purees for baby food or special dietary pates for animals. The main thing is that the food is low-carbohydrate. On the first day after curative fasting, you can give only half of the usual rate of food, and return to the normal diet - only after full recovery.
When should I see a doctor?
In no case can not exclude the possibility of diarrhea in a cat due to serious diseases. In what cases is it necessary to contact the veterinarian?
1. Prolonged (longer than a day) uninterrupted diarrhea.
2. Abundant and very thin stool.
3. Plaintive and even tearing meow (indicative of severe pain).
4. Pronounced apathy and weakness (staggering, flexing of limbs).
5. Diarrhea with blood or mucus.
6. Severe vomiting.
7. Pale gums and nose.
8. Temperature increase.
9. Fever and cramps.
10. Fetid (more than usual) stool.
11. The never-ending thirst.
With such symptoms accompanying diarrhea, it is necessary to urgently take the animal to the doctor or even call an ambulance veterinarian. Your cat will be examined, diagnosed and prescribed treatment.
If your pet finds parasites, then you will begin the appropriate course of treatment. The animal will be prescribed special preparations with a certain regimen of reception and a diet. Usually in such cases, the treatment is repeated: in a few weeks - a second course.
If dehydration of the body has already occurred, it is most likely that the animal will be prescribed a dropper: intravenously or subcutaneously. You will have to bring the cat to the clinic or call a specialist on the house. In any case, this procedure is necessary, since with diarrhea, a liquid drunk by a cat is too fast to leave the body. If diarrhea is caused by an infection, then the animal will be given a course of antibiotic treatment.
So do not rely on the chance. In severe cases, diarrhea does not pass by itself. Trust the doctor and approach the treatment responsibly. After all, your cat trusts you and is waiting for help from you. Do not deceive her hopes. And to prevent intestinal disorders, feed the animal correctly, in time to vaccinate, give the anthelmintic preparations at least once a season. And be (and you, and your cat) are healthy!
Causes and treatment of diarrhea in a cat
Unfortunately, intestinal disorders can occur not only in humans, but also in cats. However, diarrhea in a cat can be a sign of quite serious dysfunction of the body. Therefore, if there is diarrhea and vomiting in a cat, the owner should pay attention to this phenomenon. Of course, if the pet's stool is a single case, then it is not necessary to do anything, and when indigestion persists for several days, it can already become a cause for concern.
Causes of Diarrhea
To understand why a pet has a loose stool is not easy, for this it is better to consult a veterinarian. Only he will reveal the true causes of the disease. Diarrhea in a cat can occur for the following reasons:
- Changing the power. The occurrence of the problem is affected by changes in water quality, switching to a different kind of food, for example, introducing a new product, switching to dry food, transferring a kitten to the ration of an adult animal. An upset stomach can occur when the animal is overfed.
- Reaction to a medicine.
- Diarrhea in a cat can occur because of a stressful situation.
- Diarrhea in cats occurs as a result of various diseases: diabetes, liver and kidney disease, intestinal infections, oncology, thyroid diseases.
- If the animal has a helminth infection, then diarrhea, as a rule, is combined with mucus. It has a fetid odor. When palpation the abdomen is painful and tight.
- If the intestine is obstructed, the cat has vomiting, tenderness of the abdomen, frequent diarrhea. In this case, urgent treatment should be started.
- If the causes are found in diseases of the small intestine, the pet's stool has a brown tinge, with 2-3 single bowel movements. If the stool has a black tint, then this is a rather dangerous condition, in which you urgently need to contact the vet. Because this can be the cause of internal bleeding.
- If a pet has a stool with mucus and blood, then the reasons can be covered in diseases of the large intestine.
- If the disorder of the stool is associated with the functioning of the pancreas, then in addition to diarrhea with a greenish tinge, there is still an increased appetite and a sharp decrease in weight.
You can not treat a cat by using drugs for people, because many of them can worsen the condition of the animal.
How to behave in the first day?If a cat has diarrhea, then great help is provided to the animal, provided at home:
- First, it is necessary not to feed the kitten, while respecting the enhanced drinking regime. You can drink with both pure water and with the addition of glucose. An animal can also be given an infusion of bark of oak, chamomile, yarrow, alder. For fixing effect, it is recommended to give a decoction of blueberries or rice.
- At home, you can reduce the intoxication of the body with the help of potassium permanganate. To do this, make a weak solution, a little pinkish, then give the pet 1 ml.
- To treat the kitten, you can use activated charcoal. At the rate of 1 tablet per 1 kg of animal weight.
- You can try to stop diarrhea with starch. For what you first need to make from it a ball, which is then put on the tongue of the animal.
Feed the kitten after an intestinal disorder should be carefully, with great care should be taken to include new products. Beginning of feeding is recommended only with familiar and simple products:
- It is recommended to start feeding the kitten with boiled protein, white fish, rice.
- Children's pates have proved to be good. The main thing is that the diet should not have carbohydrates, because they can cause diarrhea and vomiting in the cat.
It is not necessary to carry out treatment of the pet by a trial method, thus valuable time is lost.
When should I call the veterinarian?
It is necessary to stop all actions made at home, and urgently go to the vet clinic in the following cases:
- If the pet ate something from dangerous substances, for example, a poisonous house plant or household chemicals. In this case, it is necessary to do a gastric lavage.
- Anxiety should cause the following symptoms: weakness, pallor of the mucous membranes, unceasing thirst, a large amount of green feces, and it can be with mucus or blood. The kitten can be seen rising temperature, convulsions, weight loss. The pet tears several times a day.
- When the loose stool with mucus is more than 5 times a day.
Medicines prescribed by a veterinarian
In the question, how to treat diarrhea in a cat, qualified care will be provided only by a veterinarian. Below are listed the most common veterinary drugs that help to alleviate the condition of the pet. Treatment, using a medicine, is recommended to be carried out only in cases when the causes that caused such a condition are known:
- To a cat from a diarrhea it is necessary to give the preparations helping or assisting to adjust an intestinal microflora, for example, Lineks. For the treatment of kittens the recommended dose: 1 drop 3 times a day, adult individuals 2 drops 3 times a day.
- Disorders of the intestines and stomach caused by the use of antibiotics are possible with the help of Bifitrilac. Kittens are given by 1/8 teaspoon, and to adult cats - by 1/4 teaspoon once a day.
- It is necessary to give the animal a solution of Smekty, at the rate of a quarter of the package for half a glass of warm water.
In order to help a cat with an intestinal disorder, one must remember the correct behavior in the first day and the timely consultation of the veterinarian.
(No votes yet, leave first)
Sources: http://ponos-x.com/ponos-u-zhivotnykh/335-zhidkij-stul-u-kota, http://7budget.ru/detail.ph? D = 203009, http://veterinargid.ru/cats/vet/ponos-u-kota.html
No comments yet!
Share your opinion