How to treat colitis in women
Colitis of the intestine - symptoms and treatment
Colitis of the intestine is most common in men in the period from 40 to 60 years, as well as in women - from 20 to 60 years. This disease is manifested by inflammation of the colon due to improper digestion. Symptoms of colitis are very pronounced, and treatment, as a rule, requires immediate action.
Symptoms of Colitis of the Intestine
In its course, the disease is divided into two forms: chronic and acute.
- Acute colitis of the intestinemanifests itself: the person feels a strong pain in the abdomen of an acute nature, nausea and general weakness. The patient has a frequent need for defecation, a bloating occurs.
- Chronic colitisaccompanied by a periodic fading of acute symptoms. A person feels heaviness in the abdomen, squeezing. After defecation the pain passes, but in rare cases it can persist for several hours after emptying.
With a prolonged course of the disease and lack of treatment, a person constantly experiences a decline in strength, has an asthenic
Causes of Colitis of the Intestine
Most often, colitis develops due to problems in digestion: insufficient fermentation, impaired excretion of gastric juice, problems with cholic.
Depending on what causes colitis, physicians created a classification of the etiology of the disease:
- Ulcerative colitisis caused, mainly, by heredity and various autoimmune diseases. Also ulcerative colitis can cause an infection that gets into the body with food.
- Infectious colitishas a pronounced picture, and, as a rule, does not cause guesses in revealing the cause, because it is caused by a pathogenic microflora: streptococcus, staphylococcus, dysentery, E. coli.
- Ischemic colitisIt occurs when the aorta that supplies the blood to the large intestine is affected. Such colitis can occur with atherosclerosis.
- Toxic colitisoccurs when poisoning with poisons or drug overdose.
- Radiation Colitismanifested in radiation sickness.
How to cure colitis of the intestine?
Treatment of colitis should be complex, which means taking a variety of remedies that eliminate the symptoms and the cause of the disease.
The treatment can be divided into two parts: the main part - with the help of medications, as well as additional, where folk remedies are used.
Doubts that herbs and natural ingredients can positively affect the condition, no, but often cure colitis only with the help of broths is impossible.
Treatment of intestinal colitis with medicines
The first medicines that are taken from colitis of the intestine with acute pains are pain relievers, and those that relieve spasms. These include Noshpa, Spazmalgon and their analogues.
Antibiotics for colon colitis are prescribed if the patient is infected with an infection. In this case, the doctor selects a medicine that minimally harms the body. The fact is that colitis often occurs due to impaired intestinal microflora, the state of which worsens when taking antibiotics. Therefore, when appointing these drugs, the doctor should prescribe the medicine that promotes the spread of beneficial bacteria in the intestine.
In order to normalize the stool, the doctor prescribes lactulose-based laxativesor antidiarrheal drugs (for example, Loperamide).
Also, an important factor in the recovery is the observance of diet No. 4a.
Treatment of intestinal colitis with folk remedies
Herbs in colon colitis are used to improve the digestion: for this daily in large quantities take tea with chamomile and mint. These herbs contribute to the removal of the inflammatory process. For constipation, it is recommended that the patient take 1 time a day of gooseberry juice for 1 tbsp. l. With diarrhea, connoisseurs of folk medicine recommend drinking decoctions of blueberries and oak bark.
The appearance of inflammation in the large intestine is indicated in medicine as colitis. This ailment is characterized by several varieties, which differ in the main symptomatology and methods of elimination.
Statistics! As it turned out, intestinal colitis among the fairer sex is more common than among children and men.
Signs of the disease in women in general do not differ from colitis in men and children, but still have the features of leaks. To begin with, it is necessary to study varieties of colitis, and only then to distinguish characteristic for women symptomatology.
Symptoms of intestinal colitis in women
What is colitis of the intestine?
Any form of disease can not be asymptomatic throughout the clinical picture. Here only obvious signs can mislead the patient, because they are very similar to the banal digestive disorder. Often, colitis can be confused with poisoning.
When the symptomatology has recurrent cases, it is worth immediately sending for diagnosis to the doctor. This is explained by the fact that colitis has different forms, and in some cases may even be a threatening state of life.
Colitis. Definition. Picture
Table 1. Forms of intestinal colitis.
Note! Some forms of colitis have mild symptoms, so they are very rarely diagnosed and can be stopped by the patients themselves.
Why does colitis occur?
Prerequisites for the formation of ailment can be very different. In the first place, food allergies can provoke the development of an ailment. Also, getting various infections, pathogens, which leads to damage to the intestines, which flows into colitis.
Forms of colitis of the intestine
Consequently, the walls of the colon swell, and inflammation begins with a violation of peristalsis. In general, we can identify the main symptoms:
- Pain syndrome in the abdomen.This symptom is characteristic of all forms of colitis. With ulcerative colitis, there is a severe pain syndrome that occurs through intestinal infection. Pain in this case manifests itself in the form of spasms, and less often, as pulling. Characteristically, the pain manifests itself as a completely independent symptom, which can accompany the urge to go to the toilet or the escape of gases.
- Problematic excretion of feces.In colitis, frequent constipation or, on the contrary, diarrhea can occur. This is due to a violation of peristalsis. If the root cause of the disease is an intestinal infection, the diarrhea will be of a foamy nature. Spastic form of the disease is accompanied by constipation. In this case, it is very important to pay attention to the appearance of the shut-off processes, because they can occur long before colitis.
- It's moreliver.With ulcerative colitis, not only the liver, but also the gallbladder can be affected. If the disease proceeds in severe form, then the gallbladder's performance is completely broken.
- Bloating.With all forms of colitis, swelling and severity can occur. In this case, the frequent separation of gases is characteristic.
- Tenesmus.This symptom implies a painful urge to defecate, while stool masses may be completely absent.
- Appearance in the feces of blood.If the patient has an ulcerative or acute form of the disease, bloody blotches and mucus can be seen in the stool. In some cases, there is a putrefactive odor.
- General weakness.When harmful microorganisms get into the intestine, substances of their vital activity start to be released, a sharp rise in body temperature occurs.
Symptoms of colitis of the intestine
Here are collected all the common symptoms that occur mainly in all forms of colitis. But, it is advisable to consider the symptomatology of the forms of colitis, which according to the results of medical statistics are found regularly among the representatives of the fair sex - acute, chronic and ulcerative.
How does the acute form of the disease manifest itself?
Acute colitis can manifest itself differently in every woman, depending on her individual characteristics. It is characteristic that this type of illness is accompanied by intense pain. But, the symptomatology can be more superficial if the patient has no problems with the digestive tract and has excellent immunity.
Acute form of intestinal colitis
Table 2. Symptoms of acute colitis in women.
Chronic Colitis of the Intestine: Symptoms and Treatment
The medical treatment of chronic colitis is prescribed by a gastroenterologist after a preliminary examination. To alleviate the condition of the patient will help and treatment of chronic colitis by folk remedies - it is more sparing, since only medicinal herbs are used as constituents. In any case, before you start treatment for chronic colitis at home, consult your doctor.
Chronic colitis (HC)- chronic inflammatory-dystrophic lesion of the colon, accompanied by a violation of motor, absorption and secretory functions of the intestine.
Symptoms of chronic intestinal colitis
Patients usually complain about the following:
- stool discomfort, propensity to constipation or diarrhea, sometimes the change of constipation to diarrhea, unstable stool (with insufficient bowel movement, stools more often with an admixture of mucus);
- for pain, which is periodic, aching, with localization in the lower abdomen or along the course of the large intestine, which increase after eating and during the act of defecation;
- bloating, rumbling, a feeling of fluid transfusion, nausea, eructations, bitterness in the mouth, false urges to defecate.
- Symptoms of chronic colitis include eating disorders, sleep disorders, irritability, etc.
The diagnosis based on symptoms, treatment of chronic colitis and regular observation is performed by a specialist doctor.
Collection of herbs in colitis of intestines
Treatment of chronic colitis with folk remedies often goes in addition to medicamental, rarely used as an independent. To the appointed treatment should be added collection number 5. And depending on the form of colitis with diarrhea, add extra:
Coil (root). The spine is erect (rhizome). Krovohlebka (rhizome). St. John's wort (grass). Calendula (flowers). Chamomile pharmacy (flowers). Yarrow (grass).
Dose, 5 a teaspoon l, drink preferably warm 3 times for 10-20 minutes before meals, the fourth time before going to bed. And cocktails, which consist of a mixture of tinctures. The cocktail of herbs in colitis is prepared from pion tincture - 20 ml, hawthorn - 20 ml, valerian - 30 ml, mint - 20 ml, calendula - 20 ml, Artemisia - 20 ml, Leonurus - 20 ml, belladonna - 5 ml. If you have glaucoma, do not add belladonna tincture, it is contraindicated to you.
Cocktail in the treatment of chronic colitis with herbs is prescribed from 1 to 8 drops for 6 minutes before infusion of herbs 3 times a day for 1 tablespoon of water 4-6 weeks. Then, a mixture of tinctures of cyanosis and sculpin is taken equally for 1-10 drops 3 times a day for 3 minutes before infusion of herbs on 1 tablespoon of water 4-6 weeks.
For chronic colitis with constipation to collection number 5, add:
Oregano (grass). Dill (seeds). Immortelle (flowers). The buckthorn (bark).
To this collection of herbs in colitis after 10-14 days, if there is no effect, add: peppermint - 20-30, jaester fruit - 30-50. Dose, 5, a teaspoonful, l. The course of treatment is from 3 to 6 months.
Treatment of chronic intestinal colitis with herbs
You can also use herbal cocktails, which consist of a mixture of tinctures. The first cocktail in the treatment of colon colitis with herbs is prepared from pion tincture - 20 ml, hawthorn - 20 ml, valerian - 30 ml, mint - 20 ml, calendula - 20 ml, wormwood - 20 ml, motherwort - 20 ml, belladonna - 5 ml (if you have glaucoma, tincture of belladonna not add, it you contraindicated). Cocktail is prescribed from 1 to 8 drops for 6 minutes before infusion of herbs 3 times a day for 1 tablespoon of water 4-6 weeks. Then we take a mixture of tinctures of aira, elecampane, and an equalizer. Drink 1-10 drops 3 times a day for 3 minutes before infusion of herbs on 1 tablespoon of water 4-6 weeks.
If the inflammation of the rectus and sigmoid colon is expressed, microclysters No. 4 are additionally prescribed. Herbs in colitis of the intestine, which are part of this microclyster, are as follows:
The birch is dangling (leaf). Oregano common (grass). St. John's Wort (perforated). Calendula officinalis (flowers). Plantain is large (leaf). Chamomile pharmacy (flowers). Yarrow common (grass). Violet three-color (flowers) 10. The sequence is threefold (grass). Purity is big (grass). Salvia officinalis (leaf).
Collect the mixture, grind it. Take -1 teaspoon of collection, pour 80-100 ml of steep boiling water, insist 30-40 minutes, drain. Enter into the anus.
The temperature of the infusion should be 37-39 ° C. Every day or every other day. The course of treatment - 10-20 microclysters. Ingestion of medicinal herbs 2-6 months, depending on the severity of the process. If there is a spastic response of the sphincter system, if the doctor did not prescribe a candle with an extract of belladonna in the morning and at night, anuzole, neoanusole, etc. In the presence of a pronounced inflammatory reaction in the rectum, additional suppositories with propolis, methyluracil, and postrisan-forte.
Good support for chronic colitis, regardless of the stool, but more often with constipation, is the appointment of "Hilak Forte" for 30-40 drops 3 times for 14-21 days or "Dufalac" 10-15 ml 3 times. If the chronic colitis was accompanied by a dysbacteriosis - a normal flora replenishment: "Linex "Normspectrum" 1 capsule 2-3 times a day for 20 minutes before meals for 20 days.
Sources: http://womanadvice.ru/kolit-kishechnika-simptomy-i-lechenie, http://med-explorer.ru/proktologiya/simptomatika-i-diagnostika/simptomy-kolita-kishechnika-u-zhenshhin.html, http://www.5lepestkov.com/?p=1625
No comments yet!
Share your opinion