Nutrition after removal of the tumor in the intestine
What should be the therapeutic diet and diet for stomach cancer?
Gastric cancer is a severe cancer associated with the formation of one or more cancerous tumors on the surface of its mucous membrane.
Diet with gastric cancer is very important and plays a significant role in the conduct of medical activities.
General recommendations on nutrition
The appetite of a patient with cancer is always reduced. But we must remember that the body needs nutrients and vitamins. You can consult a doctor about the inclusion in the diet of foods that increase appetite.
The food served on the table by the patient should be slightly warm and crushed. The products must be carefully processed. Preference is given to properly grown vegetables and fruits, since they contain a minimum amount of nitrates, which have a harmful effect on the stomach.
It is recommended that the patient be fed at the same time and at the same time. An equal time interval between meals should be observed. Immediately after eating it is better not to drink,
Diet for stomach cancer means 6-8 meals a day. It is necessary to adhere to the recommended ratio of nutrients. As a rule, proteins should account for 15% of the total daily intake, 30% for fats, and 55% for carbohydrates.
The food should be thoroughly chewed. Instead of salt, you can use some herbs and spices, but only after they are approved by your doctor. The patient's menu should consist of steamed, cooked or baked dishes. It must be remembered that the diet should permanently exclude alcohol.
Products to be excluded from the diet
With diseases of the digestive system, and even more so with cancer, it is necessary to refuse the most delicious.
Treatment for gastric cancer involves the exclusion of the following products:
- meat and fish of fatty varieties;
- sausages and sausages;
- smoked products;
- sweets and confectionery;
- some vegetables that promote gassing (legumes, cabbage, sweet peppers, red);
- fruits with a high content of acids (citrus fruits, gooseberries, currants);
- fresh bakery products;
- canned food;
- pickled products;
- salty meals;
- spicy dishes;
- seasonings and spices;
- any dairy products;
- strong tea;
- acidic drinks and foods;
- coffee and cocoa;
- aerated water.
All of the above products provoke an appetite and excessive stress on the stomach, especially after surgery.
Alcohol is excluded in any form. It has an extremely harmful effect on the course of the disease. If a person abused it before illness, then it is necessary to get rid of this addiction. Alcohol is able to accelerate the process of tumor growth.
In cancer patients, immunity is greatly reduced, alcohol contributes to this. If there is no possibility to cope with the habit yourself, then it is necessary to consult a specialist. At the moment there are a large number of clinics and specialists who will help to exclude alcohol from life forever.
After removing the stomach or part of it, experts recommend an extremely strict diet for three months. Further the menu is expanded and enriched with protein food, fresh fruits and vegetables. It is necessary to restore the appetite.
The following products are allowed:
- fresh fruits and vegetables after careful processing, they not only enrich the patient's body with the necessary vitamins, but also contain anti-cancer substances and eliminate putrefactive processes in the intestine;
- juices from beets and carrots, which have antitumor effect;
- black radish, improves metabolic processes, appetite and gastric motility;
- You can and should eat meat and fish of low-fat varieties;
- oatmeal and other cereals;
- you can eat eggs cooked soft-boiled;
- dairy products;
- you can drink light green tea and herbal tea;
- you can eat bread, but from varieties of wholemeal flour.
Nutrition after surgery
The menu after removal of a cancerous tumor should meet the following requirements:
- Squeezing the stomach. Chemical irritants of the gastric mucosa are completely excluded.
- High protein content in food.
- Absence or minimum amount of fatty foods.
- The intake of drinks and water is not more than 150-200 milliliters in one little swallow.
- Small portions (several tablespoons) at one time, up to 6-8 times a day.
- Limitation of carbohydrates and coarse fiber.
- Enrichment of the diet with vitamins.
Menu for the day
After removing the stomach and before surgery, you can eat tasty and healthy food. It is necessary to learn how to combine these qualities. In the absence of appetite, you can raise it with some products.
Below is an approximate medical menu for a patient with stomach cancer, calculated for a day:
- On an empty stomach. a glass of water with lemon juice.
- Breakfast. 50 grams of kefir with a dried piece of bread, grated carrots.
- 2nd breakfast. 30 grams of nuts, beet juice.
- Dinner. compote of dried fruits, boiled vegetables, a piece of boiled rabbit meat, dried bread.
- Afternoon snack. chicory, cookies from wholemeal flour.
- Dinner. vegetable salad, boiled rice, steamed fish cutlet.
- Before bedtime. a glass of recommended mineral water.
Oat steamed burgers
A glass of flakes is poured into 100 grams of boiling water and brought to a boil. After boiling, the saucepan is removed from the fire, the flakes are infused for a little less than half an hour. One potato tuber is crushed or grated. Similarly, we do with one onion, greens and a clove of garlic. The resulting mass is thoroughly mixed with oat flakes. We form cutlets and prepare them in a double boiler. The dish can be eaten a little warm.
Potatoes with soy sauce
Boiled potatoes in a uniform are placed in a baking dish. Shredded herbs and garlic are poured on top. After the potatoes are smeared with a tablespoon of soy sauce and sprinkled with grated cheese of low-fat and hard varieties. Bake the dish about 20 minutes.
Similarly, you can bake meat, vegetables and fish. It is only necessary to consult a specialist about what kind of greens and spices can be included in the diet after removal of the tumor.
Nutrition for stomach cancer can be gradually diversified, introducing new products in minimum portions and monitoring the body's response.
Author. Svetlana S. Petrunina,
nurse intensive care unit,
specialization-acute poisoning, resuscitation,
especially for Moizhivot.ru
Gastroenterologists in your city
No comments yet!
Share your opinion