What can there be tumors in the intestine
Suspicion of bowel oncology: what are the symptoms of the disease?
Cancer is able to quickly kill the digestive organs. If intestinal oncology is suspected, the symptoms are not always unique, they often coincide with the signs of other less serious gastrointestinal diseases. Only modern diagnostics can detect the presence of cancer cells even at the first signs of the disease in the small and large intestine.
The intestine is the organ of food assimilation most unprotected from the formation of malignant tumors in the human digestive system. which connects the zones from the stomach to the anus. An intestinal tumor in any of the sites can trigger the formation of cancer cells. The only effective method of treatment available today is the operation at the site of cancer.
Features of intestinal physiology and problems in its work
Milled in the mouth cavity, passing through the esophagus, enters the stomach and then enters the intestine, where it begins the formation of various physicochemical reactions for th
But sometimes this important organ fails and you can face chronic diseases that can later lead to the formation of a benign tumor. It can later become malignant. In this case, surgery is necessary. These diseases include Crohn's disease, ulcerative colitis and diseases associated with the damage of glandular intestinal cells. Oncology of the intestine when stating such diagnoses is high.
The reasons for the malfunction of the intestine may be different. Food # 8212; this is the source of life. No human system will work without the energy that it receives after digesting the nutrients. In this regard, the causes of violations of the intestine are fairly obvious, they include:
- Incorrect food intake. A heavy load on the work of the intestines is rendered by heavy food containing a large amount of vegetable fiber or animal fats. The most harmful # 8212; this is canned food.
- Features of cooking. Influence is caused by improper heat treatment of food products. Enzymes in the intestine are produced in a certain amount, and can develop in such a way that they will not be enough to split the pieces of food.
- Hereditary genetic abnormalities or diseases. Any deformation or incorrect position of the gut gives an additional load to the work of the intestines, the process of isolation of special enzymes worsens, which provokes a tumor of the intestine.
- Inflammatory processes. Gut tumor can form due to a prolonged body temperature above 37 degrees and cause a disruption in the digestive system.
Intestinal tumors, as studies have shown, in 45% of cases provoke the appearance of the first symptoms of the formation of cancer cells. Oncology of the intestine can also manifest itself individually.
Symptoms of bowel oncology
Often the intestines do not disturb the person for a long time with the expressed symptomatology. With an already developing tumor, we can simply not see, for example, changes in the amount of enzymes released without special laboratory tests.
Complex diagnosis of all areas of the intestinal tract, and this is more than 4 meters in length, requires detailed research on various medical devices. Only after this treatment is prescribed.
The visible symptoms include:
- The presence of blood in the feces.
- Painful diarrhea or bloating with constipation.
- Nausea after eating.
- Colic and painful eating.
- Spasms accompanied by trailing pain in the lower abdomen and in the perineum.
- The sensation of the presence of a foreign body in the process of emptying the intestine.
Invisible symptoms include:
- Presence of a purulent and mucous substance in feces.
- Disorders in the cycle of compression and relaxation of the gut.
- Swelling in the area of the intestinal wall.
- Ribbon chair (porous stool structure).
- Violation of epithelial tissues.
- Intoxication of the body.
- Benign tumor.
Zero and first degree
At the zero stage, the oncology of the intestine in patients manifests itself in the form of microscopic dense formations in wall of the intestine, but they still do not reach the surface of the mucous membrane, but remain in the depth of the epithelial tissue. This stage passes for no apparent reason and its diagnosis is possible only with endoscopy and ultrasound examination. Already at this stage, treatment is possible only through surgical intervention.
At the first stage, there are two ways of developing the disease # 8212; this is in the upper region of the epithelial tissue, when on the surface of the mucous membrane appear sealed portions, and into another area where the cells exit beyond the semicircle of the digestive canal, i. e. The zone of other systems is captured organism.
World microsurgery has achieved a great result in the fight against intestinal cancer at this stage. Treatment with medicines can slow the progression of the disease, but not kill cancer cells. After a timely study of the first symptoms, such as nausea, abdominal pain, stool problems and the process of defecation, doctors timely identify the focus of the tumor and, if possible, completely remove her.
In the second stage, there is a rapid lesion of the intestinal tract or a complex lesion, both of it and of neighboring organs. A distinctive feature of this stage is the formation of tumor cells from the tumor cell site, which already thickens in the intestinal tissues.
Here, invisible symptoms begin to manifest themselves actively, and the sensation of a foreign body may also arise. At this stage, a more effective way of treating # 8212; it is an operation to remove part of the intestine, in other cases there is a risk of re-formation of cancer cells.
Stage number three
In the third stage, the entire tissue of the walls of the intestine or the specific intestine becomes overgrown with cancer cells and the cells of adjacent organs or systems begin to damage. A malignant tumor is formed. There is a focal attack of lymph nodes.
Treatment of the disease and the causes of its formation is already dependent on individual symptoms. The main task of doctors in modern medicine so far can only slow down the process, but it is not yet able to fully cure the complete cure.
The last fourth stage of the disease
At the fourth stage, the tumor begins to release into the human body toxic substances, which manifest in the form of strong intoxication of all life support systems. There are many experimental methods of treatment, but their effectiveness for today can only prolong a person's life, but not cure. The operation is possible only after the patient's consent.
It is important to remember that timely treatment to a doctor can sometimes save the life of a person who begins to show the first signs of oncology. It is recommended to pass urine, fecal and blood tests once a year for the timely diagnosis of bowel cancer.
Symptoms of bowel cancer
Uncomplicated forms of the disease
General clinical signs of bowel cancer
These symptoms are typical for any oncological disease:
- Weight loss- occurs rapidly and without any apparent cause, patients can lose up to 15 kg in six months.
- Weakness, lethargy, fatigue- this complex of symptoms, in principle, is not a sign of the disease, but in combination with other manifestations can induce a person to onco-examination.
- Loss of appetiteup to a complete aversion to food - one of the signs of cancer intoxication.
- Persistent, inexplicabletemperature increasebody to low-grade figures. An infrequent symptom, but sometimes the temperature, which is constantly holding in the area of 3 degrees, can become an occasion for onco-examination.
Find out if early symptoms of rectal cancer can occur as a common disorder of bowel function.
The first symptoms of bowel cancer # 8212; disturbance of digestion processes. They can be very different:
- Gastrointestinal Discomfort(heaviness in the abdomen, belching, heartburn), nausea and vomiting - most often, are signs of cancer intoxication, but may be symptoms of an intestinal tumor of any localization.
- Flatulence, bloating- can occur in all types of malignant neoplasms of the intestine, but are most typical for small intestine cancer.
- Diarrhea(liquid stools) - can also occur in all types of cancer. Diarrhea followed by constipation is more typical of colon tumors, but constant diarrhea often accompanies small intestine cancer.
- Constipation- the most characteristic for colorectal cancer and sigmoid colon.
It is almost always present in all types of bowel cancer. In uncomplicated forms of abdominal pain, persistent, non-intensive, aching, do not have a clear localization and connection with eating. For this reason, some patients, before reaching the oncologist, are treated for a long time from gastritis, colitis, pancreatitis or other gastrointestinal disease.
Pathological admixtures in feces
(Blood, mucus, pus) - signs of colon cancer, arise from the disintegration of the tumor or its infection.
There are several reasons:
- Oncological intoxication# 8212; causes bone marrow depression and, as a consequence, a decrease in the production of red blood cells.
- Iron Deficiency- occurs due to reduced iron intake due to loss of appetite.
- Blood loss from the tumor.Signs of bleeding from the intestine are the following: black tarry stools (with small intestinal bleeding) or impurities of fresh blood in the feces (with cancer of the sigmoid or rectum).
Presence of free fluid in the abdominal cavity. Most often is a consequence of involvement in the oncological process of the peritoneum - a tissue that covers the intestine from the outside.
Partial or complete mechanical closure (obturation) of the lumen of the intestine with a tumor. Partial obturation manifests itself as a dyspeptic disorder and pain described above, except for rectal cancer, in which can be observed feces in the form of ribbons.
Complicated forms of bowel cancer
Characterized by three syndromes:
- Profuse bleeding. occurs when the tumor is corroded by a large blood vessel. Common signs of bleeding: pressure drop, cold sticky sweat, fainting. If bleeding occurs in the lumen of the intestine # 8212; there is diarrhea. With small intestinal bleeding, feces have a black color and a consistency of sour cream. With colonic bleeding, a typical bloody diarrhea occurs. If bleeding occurs in the free abdominal cavity, there is a rapidly developing ascites.
- Perforation- formation of an opening in the wall of the intestine. In this case, the contents of the intestine pour into the abdominal cavity and develop peritonitis.
- Complete obturation of the intestine with a tumorhas signs of acute intestinal obstruction.
Any complicated form of bowel cancer requires emergency surgery, since the patient may die within a few days to several hours.
And you know the main symptoms of leukemia. And why a slow treatment to a doctor with the smallest inflammation of skin areas, can turn into a problem.
How dangerous is the ovarian cyst and what can a benign tumor grow into? All information about her symptoms at this address: http://www.oncodisease.com/dobrokachestvennie-opuholi/kista-yaichnika/simptomy-kisty.html
Carcinoma of the intestine, what features and course of the disease
Malignant tumor, which is formed from the cells of the intestinal mucosa and grows into it, is called intestinal carcinoma. This disease is characterized by a fairly favorable course and almost complete absence of the stage of metastasis. But still, there are dangers in the development of such pathology, they lie in the probability of tumor germination into neighboring tissues, and also in the fact that cancer cells can depress the functions of the immune system.
Important! A tumor can occur in different parts of the intestine, but regardless of the location, it can give serious enough complications if the treatment is not started in time .
Just like any other cancer, bowel cancer does not have a specific cause. But it is important to mention that there are certain factors that increase the risk of the disease, in particular, they can be attributed:
- diet, especially for the excess of carcinogens, which are found in meat, flour and fatty foods;
- age, most often the disease occurs in people older than 50 years;
- violation of the stool, most often these are constipation, in which the level of exposure to carcinogens on the body increases;
- hereditary factor;
- other intestinal diseases, in particular polyps, ulcerative colitis, benign tumors and not only.
As already indicated, carcinoma of the large intestine can carry a serious danger to the human body. The fact is that a tumor of this nature grows quite rapidly. Naturally, in the process of increasing over time, it completely fills the lumen of the intestine, which is the cause of the occurrence of intestinal obstruction. Also, with such a disease, the tumor can germinate into neighboring tissues, which can cause destruction of blood vessels, muscles, nerve endings and even bone tissue.
Symptoms of neoplasm
Symptoms of intestinal carcinoma can manifest at all stages of the disease. Of course, the signs of the disease are especially noticeable in the late stages, but the first symptoms are also quite pronounced:
- The admixture of blood in the feces.
- Causeless and rapid weight loss.
- Sensation of the full intestine, even after emptying.
- Violations of the stool, manifested by alternating constipation and diarrhea.
- Painful sensations of cramping in the abdomen.
Such signs can become the basis for immediate access to specialists, as the earlier the pathology is discovered, the easier it will be to eliminate it.
Important! Often, cancer does not manifest itself in the initial stages, this also applies to bowel cancer. That is why it is important to regularly undergo a routine examination to be sure of the absence of tumor formations .
In addition to the main features listed above, bowel cancer can be manifested by false urges and pain during defecation, purulent discharge, discomfort and itching in the anus. Even if the disease has no manifestations at the initial stages, sooner or later the symptoms will manifest themselves. In this case, the signs of such an ailment can negatively affect the quality of life of the patient.
Types of tumors
There are several forms and stages of this disease. First, it should be noted that a tumor of this type has four stages of development. At the first stage, a small tumor forms, which does not go beyond the mucosa and submucosal layer.
The second stage of the disease is characterized by an increase in the tumor and its germination into the muscle layer. Sometimes at this stage, germination can occur in the serous membrane.
The third stage of the disease is characterized by an even larger tumor. In some situations at this stage, there is a spread of regional metastases.
Carcinoma of the intestine of the 4th degree is the most serious and complex stage of the disease, since it is at this stage that the intestinal lumen is filled. Moreover, if a tumor is prone to metastasis, then at a given stage, distant metastases spread to other human organs.
As for the predictions for this disease, in most cases they are favorable, since it has already been noted that intestinal cancer very rarely spreads metastasis. But do not forget that metastases are not the only threat that such a pathology carries, so treatment should be done in any case. The prognosis for intestinal carcinoma depends on many indicators, but in most cases, this, of course, is the form and stage of cancer.
Important! The most effective treatment of bowel cancer can be prescribed only after a comprehensive diagnosis, because during the survey it is important to determine all the characteristics of the disease .
How is the pathology treated?
Treatment of any cancer is directly dependent on the characteristics of the disease. In case of alarming symptoms, a person should contact a specialist as soon as possible to conduct a diagnosis. This type of carcinoma is diagnosed by the following methods:
- X-ray examination;
- magnetic resonance and computed tomography;
- Ultrasound of organs.
Upon the completion of the full diagnosis, all the features of the disease are determined, based on the data obtained and the most appropriate treatment technique may be prescribed. Naturally, the main method of treating such a pathology is considered to be surgical intervention. In most cases, this method allows to completely eliminate the problem, accordingly, after the passage of postoperative rehabilitation, a person becomes completely healthy.
An exception can be considered cases with the spread of metastases. The article on chemotherapy with carcinoma of the large intestine will help to understand when exactly such a technique will be effective. Often, chemotherapy is used as an auxiliary method of treatment, which allows to increase the effectiveness of surgical intervention and to overcome metastases. In addition to chemotherapy, radiotherapy can be used as an auxiliary treatment technique.
The information is for informational purposes only!
Consult a doctor!
Sources: http://prozhkt.ru/zabolevaniya/rak/onkologiya-kishechnika-simptomy.html, http://www.oncodisease.com/vidy-raka/kishechnik/simptomy-raka-kishechnika.html, http://assuta-agency.ru/zabolevaniya/karcinoma-kishechnika-kakie-osobennosti-i-techenie-bolezni
No comments yet!
Share your opinion