Is it possible to cure an intestinal tumor
How to treat bowel cancer?
Bowel cancer is a group of oncological diseases affecting mainly people after 50 years, and the risk of developing a disease increases every year. The main symptoms of the disease are a violation of the normal operation of the intestine and bleeding. As a rule, the initial signs of the disease depend on the stage of the disease, the form and localization of the tumor. Any changes that occur under the influence of the disease in one of the intestinal parts disrupt the functions of not only the whole organ, but also extend to other organs and systems, hence the numerous manifestations disease.
The first symptoms of the disease
When the intestine is affected, the initial symptoms are manifested by loss of appetite, weakness in the whole body, anemia. In some cases, thin patients can be tested for malignant neoplasm. In 90% of patients dull aching pain is observed. Although it may happen that the pain does not have a clear localization. Much less often there is intoxication, accompani
How to treat bowel cancer - depends on the stage of the disease, the location of the tumor, the state of health of the patient. The main method of treatment, regardless of the degree of malignant education, is surgical intervention. In this case, the tumor itself and the surrounding healthy tissue are removed, as well as the nearby lymph nodes. If the disease is diagnosed at an early stage, the therapy can be gentle, when the tumor is removed endoscopically, using a colonoscope or a retro-menoscope. In other cases, a hollow operation is necessary. Achievements in surgery allowed to improve the methods of treatment of oncological pathologies in many aspects. Today, fewer patients need colostomy. The use of the stapling apparatus allowed performing the operation without damaging the function of the anal sphincter.
Chemotherapy and radiotherapy are also used to treat the disease. At an early stage, these methods serve to prevent metastases and relapse as ancillary methods in the main - surgical operation. At a late stage in inoperable patients, when the disease spread not only to nearby lymph nodes, but also to distant organs, chemotherapy and radiotherapy facilitate the patient's condition.
In the case of diagnosing the disease at an early stage, the probability of cure is very high. However, as a result of asymptomaticness at the initial stage, the disease is often determined at later stages, which can negatively affect the outcome of treatment. How to cure intestinal cancer, if the disease has moved to a late stage - today is one of the most pressing problems. In general, the combination of surgical intervention with adjuvant therapy gives good results. The indices of the cure constantly increase. With lesion of the intestinal wall without the formation of metastases, the survival rate within five years reaches 60% of all cases of disease. Treatment for metastasis in distant organs does not exceed 35%. But the cure rate reaches 97% if the disease was detected at an early stage. Thus, a favorable prognosis directly depends on which stage of the disease was at the time of treatment.
Is it possible to cure cancer?
Statement of a question: "Can cancer be cured?? "Foresees the definition of the type of cancer, the stage of its spread and localization. But in fact, there are very few types of cancer, from which you can completely get rid of. Therefore, oncologists prefer the words "long-term remission".
The establishment of a diagnosis of malignant education implies many characteristics on the basis of which prognostic factors are compiled:
- the area in which oncology is detected, and the level of involvement of the organ itself;
- the prevalence of the process on nearby tissues;
- the presence of tumor cells in the farther parts of the body;
- the possibility to transfer surgical intervention without the subsequent application of radiation therapy, which adversely affects the whole organism;
- a highly individual response to treatment.
There are some forms of cancer that can only be partially cured and transferred to a state of remission or chronic course.
Is it possible to cure lung cancer?
This is a complex question, to which there is no unambiguous answer. But you need to keep in mind such things:
- long-term survival is possible in cases when timely, correct early diagnosis of cancer has been carried out;
- some people survive for years even with the 4th stage of malignant formation;
- there is information about spontaneous tumor regression;
- how much lung cancer can be treated.
About complete cure for lung cancer can only be discussed at stage 1A, that is, when the tumor is very small and does not spread to blood vessels. If people with more advanced stages have survived cancer for 5 years, then up to the age of 18 from the diagnosis they still have the risk of a relapse.
Is it possible to cure stomach cancer?
The ability to recover from stomach cancer depends on where the malignant process originated and how far it has spread:
- at 0 stage, the tumor is confined to the inner layer of the stomach. As a method of treatment, only surgery is used. Therefore, the chances of long-term survival are quite high;
- when oncogenesis is detected in stage 1A, as a rule, total (all stomach) or subtotal (removes only part of the organ) resection of the stomach with the removal of nearby lymph nodes. Further treatment is not required, which significantly reduces the risk of recurrence of the disease.
Is it possible to cure uterine cancer?
For many women with early stage uterine oncogenes, adequate treatment can kill the disease without subsequent relapse. In later stages, the tumor can not completely disappear, but regular examinations and treatment help prolong life.
- women who had stage 1A of low-grade uterine cancer. should be inspected every 6 months during the first year after treatment;
- for women with low-grade uterine cancer at stage 1B or 2, you need to go for an inspection every 3 months throughout the year. With more extensive oncological diseases, visits last up to 2 years.
Can liver cancer be cured?
The main thing in cancerous liver disease is early diagnosis. Only it gives a chance to increase the long-term forecast. But, as statistics show, only 10 people out of 100 (10%) identify cancer at the initial stages.
In all, about 30 patients out of 100 (30%) will live within a year after the diagnosis. And more than 10% will survive after 5 years or more.
Unfortunately, we can not talk about a complete cure. But possible methods of treatment, including organ transplantation, can prolong life in liver cancer at least up to 5 years in 75% of patients.
Is it possible to cure prostate cancer?
The main factors influencing the outcome of prostate cancer depend on such information:
- The stage of the disease and its specificity.
- Assessment of the grade of oncological disease according to the Gleason scale:
- the designation between 2 and 6 indicates a low-grade malignant process. The definition indicates that the cancer is spreading very slowly and is more amenable to treatment;
- indicator 7 - moderate growth;
- the score from 8 to 10 shows the rapid rate of expansion of the border of the tumor. The long-term prognosis with these data in combination with the higher stage is not particularly optimistic.
- The level of specific antigen of the prostate.
In general, 98% of men with low or intermediate class cancer and 67% with high class, will live for at least 5 years.
Can I fully cure breast cancer?
This is one of the few cancers. which gives a high chance of a long-term forecast. Optimistic data are based, first of all, on the availability of information on screening tests.
- more than 80 women out of 100 (80%) with a fairly large cancer are alive 15 years after the diagnosis;
- in a group of women with a low-grade, non-common malignant process, more than 90% live 15 years after the tumor is detected.
However, one must take into account the fact that breast cancer. unlike many other cancers, can return even after 20 years. Therefore, women need to visit regular inspections of specialists.
Is it possible to cure brain cancer?
The possibility of obtaining a long-term forecast depends on such circumstances:
- Type of tumor:If the tumor lends itself to a surgical method of treatment, the chances are much higher.
- Degrees of tumor cells. With fast-growing tumors, relapses are much greater than when they grow slowly.
- Positions in the brain. When the tumor is near the optic nerves, trunk or blood vessels, the operation is impossible. This situation often does not allow fullcure cancerthe brain.
According to the main indicators, for many oncological lesions the picture of survival is as follows:
- 40% of patients live for a year or more;
- approximately 20 for every 100 people will prolong life, at least for 5 years;
- close 15% will survive 15 years after the diagnosis.
Young people have a better chance of a long-term prognosis. About 60% of patients aged 15 to 39 years will be alive for 5 years.
Blood cancer # 8212; Whether it is possible to cure?
The international prognostic index depends on such factors:
- Age of the patient at the time of diagnosis: children have a chance of complete remission, while in adults this possibility is almost completely absent.
- Stage, type and prevalence of blood cancer.
- General health of the patient.
- The risk group, which is determined by the senior age, stage III or IV, low hemoglobin, etc.
The overall 5-year and 10-year survival rate is:
- in the low-risk group, 90% and 70%, respectively;
- in the intermediate risk category - 78% and 52%;
- in the group of high risk - 53% and 36%.
The question "Can cancer be cured?? "Is very relative in this disease. It may be about transferring a malignant process to a chronic condition or a certain period of life. Predominantly, cancer is a disease that can not be completely eliminated.
It is important to know:
Tumor of the rectum
The formation of pathological formations are subject to all systems of the human body. Tumor of the rectum - one of the most frequent diagnoses, especially in people aged 45-50 years, it is on the third place in the list of oncological diseases of the digestive tract. This disease occurs mainly in men, as they consume more protein foods and red meat.
Classification of tumors of the rectum
The described group of neoplasms is divided into 2 large groups, each of which is additionally classified into several subspecies.
Benign tumors of the rectum:
1. Formed from connective tissue or muscles:
- sacrococcygeal teratoma;
- adenomatous polyps;
- villous tumor.
3. Composed of nerve and vascular bundles:
- cavernous angioma;
Malignant tumors of the rectum:
1. According to the histological structure:
- ring-shaped cells;
- solid cancer;
- skiroznye (skyrs);
- squamous cell.
2. By the nature of growth:
Also, rectal cancer is classified according to the stage of development of the neoplasm, from zero to 4-th degree.
Treatment of tumors in the rectum
Therapy of benign neoplasms usually involves removal of the tumor. The operations are performed by the endoscopic method, and the excised tissues are thoroughly examined afterwards during the histological analysis.
In some cases, for example, with multiple polyps. overgrown on the entire surface of the walls, which provoke bleeding and inflammatory processes with decay and the formation of mucus, a complete resection of the affected part of the intestine is required. Sometimes a partial removal of the adjacent area of the colon.
Treatment of malignant tumors is also based on excision of pathological formation and nearby tissues.In addition, radiation and chemical therapy are performed, both before and after surgery.
The prognosis for villous and other benign tumors of the rectum is favorable. Compliance with the recommendations of the proctologist and the prescribed diet, as well as regular preventive examinations, can prevent the degeneration of such tumors into cancer.
Forecasts for malignant tumors are not much worse. Survival within 5 years after the detection of the disease is about 40%, even in the case of advanced cancer.
Radiation therapy is the effect on cells of ionizing radiation for therapeutic purposes. Apply it in order to eliminate tumor tissue in oncology. Whether radiation therapy is effective and what its consequences are, read in our article.
The most terrible thing that can be heard at a doctor's reception is a message about the development of a cancerous tumor in the body. Most people after such a conversation "drop their hands the desire to live is lost. From our article you will learn why it is worth keeping hope even with such diagnoses.
For several months, have you noticed that your temperature is slightly above normal? Are you worried that this is the first symptom of an oncological disease? You can check the validity of such fears by reading our today's article.
Soft tissue sarcomas are malignant tumors that develop from various types of tissues, blood vessels and lymphatic vessels. They can occur in any part of the body. More details about what signs have different types of sarcoma, read in our article.
Sources: http://www.opuhol-kishechnika.ru/stati/kak-lechit-rak-kishechnika.html, http://orake.info/mozhno-li-vylechit-rak-shansy-na-izlechenie/, http://womanadvice.ru/opuhol-pryamoy-kishki
No comments yet!
Share your opinion