Nettle for the face - a universal remedy for cosmetic problems: learn to use
- Brand tools
- Features of use
- Methods of application
Cosmetologists and dermatologists unanimously affirm that nettle for the face is a real storehouse that will get rid of any skin problem. And the funds on its basis can be called "smart they automatically determine where to send all their healing powers.
Otherwise, how to explain the fact that the fatty skin of this plant deprives sebaceous shine, dry - moisturizes, pigmented - bleaches, and pale gives a slight tint of sunburn? Amazing gift of nature, which is definitely worth using for the benefit of its beauty.
Nettle contains a corrosive liquid from acetylcholine, histamine and formic acid. It not only provides the plant with the ability to burn, but also determines its basic useful properties.
When heated, the acid decomposes into water (it does not evaporate from the cells, moisturizing the dry skin) and carbon dioxide. The latter, which has cleansing properties, frees pores from debris, eliminates black spots, removes greasy luster.
But this nettles benefit for the face skin is not limited. The remaining vitamins and trace elements in its composition also improve the condition of the epidermis, guaranteeing the following results:
- rapid healing of microdamages, thanks to a natural reducing agent - vitamin A;
- additional production of collagen fibers, which makes the skin more smooth, elastic, elastic, and also improve blood circulation, and all this - due to the large content of vitamin C;
- Reducing pigment spots, smoothing the complexion is the merit of vitamin K;
- active moisturizing and control of the sebaceous glands provides carotene;
- reduction of inflammatory foci and irritations, soothing and anti-inflammatory action, smoothing of the skin relief - this effect is possessed by tannins;
- protective function and strengthening of local immunity - the prerogative of flavonoids;
- slowing the aging process, smoothing of fine and deep wrinkles occurs, thanks to organic acids.
Indeed it turns out that nettle is a universal remedy for a variety of cosmetic problems. But despite this, its extract in the composition of masks or lotions can be directed to a specific goal. For example, if you add lemon juice or kaolin to the mixture, the whitening effect will be provided. And if mixed with oak bark or black tea, get the opposite effect - the face will become slightly swarthy, pale will go away. So everything is in your hands.
Other names. Nettles have many different colorful names in the people: a witch's grass, a fire, a bachelor's kiss, a burning one, a Siberian dweller.
Of course, that such an amazing plant could not help but notice in cosmetology. To date, virtually every company has its own phytolines of products in its composition containing extracts of nettle - dioecious, burning, white and other varieties. The assortment is wide, so there should not be problems with the choice of problems. Judge for yourself by a small rating.
- Universal cleansing mask with white nettle, kaolin and burdock. Barex Italiana (Italy). $41.
- Nettle hydrolyte. Zeitun (Jordan). $1, .
- Cleansing lotion - cleansing milk for the face. Klapp (Germany). $2, .
- Cream-soap for the face. Fitoland (Russia). $, .
- Вioenergy Аntistress Аntiage is a cream emulsion for problem skin of the face. Dr. Nikonov (Russia). $, .
- Soft soap. Zhivitsa (Russia). $, .
- Tonic for smoothing the complexion. Siberina (Russia). $, .
- Pore Vacuum - lotion for the face from black dots. Propeller (Russia). $, .
- Fitocream for the face from FleurEnzyme Phito (Russia). $, .
- Salt-nettle scrub for the face. Old Znahar (Russia). $, .
Want to find nettles in your favorite face? In such a case, the package should contain: "urticae" (in Latin) or "nettle" (in English). The higher the other ingredients it costs, the more its quantity in the product.
Note.Nowadays, hydrolytes are becoming very popular - flavored liquids, which are obtained as a result of distillation of plants in the production of essential oils from them. Nettles are no exception. It is useful as a lotion, and will also become the basis for the preparation of many home cosmetics.
If you use cosmetics from nettles from the famous brand, there are no problems and complexities. Read the instructions - and use your health.
Another thing - if you risk and cook something like this at home. Advantages - weight: much cheaper + natural + composition can be varied at your own discretion. So in summer you can study and feel the difference between masks from Barex Italiana, for example, and your own preparation with the same composition - kaolin and burdock.
- Cosmetics for the face of the nettle can be prepared from the collection, which is sold at the pharmacy. But the maximum benefit can be squeezed out only from raw materials collected personally.
- Harvesting is carried out in May-June, while the grass is young, light green, with soft leaves and stems.
- It is better for cosmetic purposes to use a dioecious variety (high, dark green, with rare burning villi). Often mistakenly gather stinging. It is smaller, bright green, incredibly painful when touched and can cause a severe allergic reaction to the face.
- Do not forget to do everything in gloves, so as not to get burned.
- The collection is made in dry weather. You can not harvest a plant if it is wet, damaged by diseases or insects.
- With a high stem, only the tops are cut off. At small - under a root.
- If you plan to use raw materials, it is rinsed under cold water and used as directed immediately.
- If dry grass is required for the preparation of cosmetics, the raw materials collected within 1-2 weeks should be kept in a room with good ventilation and without access to the sun.
- Several times a day all this needs to be turned over.
- Once the raw materials begin to crumble in their hands from abrasion, the leaves are separated from the stems, folded into paper bags (as an option - cardboard boxes).
- Shelf life - no more than 2 years.
- Dried nettles are less useful than fresh grass, because of the much lower content of active substances in it. Therefore, it is better to deal with such skin therapy in late spring-early summer.
- There are contraindications: individual intolerance, a tendency to allergies, sensitive and thin skin, couperose. Formic acid can cause not only a rash and flushing, but also a real burn.
- Before applying any cosmetic for the face, first try it on the wrist. If there are no unpleasant sensations, use for the intended purpose.
- For the treatment of acne, decoction and infusion are also consumed inside: 100 ml three times a day after meals for 10-14 days.
- The duration of the course is 1 month, the interval between them is 2-3 weeks.
If the mask causes a burning sensation, and the hyperemia on the skin after it does not last long enough, or reduce nettle concentration, or apply a layer thinner or generally locally with applications for a small amount time. If the problem does not go away and in this case - the money will have to be abandoned.
Methods of application
Nettle can be used in many ways. First you need to learn how to prepare liquid from it, on the basis of which you will then create home cosmetic masterpieces.
The most useful in cosmetology is a decoction of nettles, which can be prepared from both fresh and dried plants. The first will contain more useful substances. On its basis, you can prepare any anti-aging and anti-inflammatory agent: mask, cream, tonic, etc. Pour 100 grams of herbs 500 ml of boiling water. Put on a stove, simmer for half an hour. Cool, filter.
Slightly more useful decoction is infusion, which, without being subjected to heat treatment, retains the maximum of useful properties of its composition. Pour 100 grams of herbs 500 ml of boiling water, cover tightly with a lid, insist an hour, drain. It produces excellent cosmetic ice, which perfectly extends the black points and narrows the enlarged pores.
If you are able to prepare home creams, you can use the nettle oil as a base, which will help you get rid of any rash and large pimples. You can buy it in a pharmacy, and you can take a chance and make it yourself. Pour 50 grams of dry raw material with a glass of olive (preheated) oil. Leave it under the lid at room temperature in a dry place without penetrating the sun's rays. After 2 weeks strain. Keep in a dark bottle for no more than a month.
The most concentrated remedy is nettle juice. Despite the fact that it is most often recommended for acne, you need to be extremely careful with it and keep accurate dosages. Fresh grass to grind (you can use a meat grinder or blender), squeeze out the resulting gruel. This concentrate should never be applied to the face in its pure form: either dilute with water (proportions equal), or be included in any other cosmetic product.
A glass of fresh herbs finely chopped, folded into a jar, pour a liter of vodka. Gauze on the neck. Leave in this form for a day at room temperature. After that, put it in the refrigerator for 2 weeks. Strain, use for wiping from acne, black spots and to eliminate sebaceous shine.
Despite the fact that the most popular masks from nettles, you can prepare lotions, tonics, and applications from it. Recipes - a huge amount.
- Acne Lotion
Mix 50 grams of crushed dried nettle and chamomile, pour 500 ml of boiling water, 10 minutes warmed in a water bath. Cool, filter. Wipe face twice a day after the procedure of washing.
- Mask and tonic for dry skin
Mix 100 gr of dry nettle with a glass of fresh juice from sea buckthorn berries, pour 500 ml of boiling water. Leave for an hour, drain. The cake is used for making masks, the liquid is like a tonic. Both of which guarantee 100% moisture.
- Mask for oily skin
Dilute 20 gr of pea flour with so much nettle infusion to make a creamy consistency. Before applying to the skin, add 2 drops of grapefruit essential oil. The mask is recommended to eliminate fatty gloss and narrowing of dilated pores.
- Anti-Aging Ice
Mix 20 grams of nettle and plantain, brew 100 ml of boiling water. Leave for half an hour. Strain. Add a teaspoon of wheat and mango oil. Pour into ice molds for the night. Wipe skin twice a day. Great for those who are already over 30: smoothes wrinkles, has a pull-up effect.
- Mask from acne
15 grams of yeast dilute a small amount of warm water. Leave for half an hour. Add 5 drops of nettle oil and cypress ether. Rinse off the mask with a lime decoction, which will enhance its anti-inflammatory effect.
- Softening Mask
Grind 15 g of young, fresh herbs and mix it with 20 g of sour cream, add a teaspoon of cucumber pulp without skin and seeds. After such a mask, the skin becomes soft and silky.
- Mask from pigmentation
Dilute 20 grams of white clay with infusion (or decoction) until the desired consistency. Apply spot on those spots that need to be withdrawn, every day for 15-20 minutes. Rinse the mini compresses with lemon juice diluted with water in equal proportions.
If you have not yet discovered nettles in cosmetology, it's time to do it. Many people used to use it only to strengthen hair. So expand the range of its application. Find the line of funds with its extract from the famous concerns. Get in the pharmacy collection or tear off several stems under the window - prepare the infusion or decoction yourself. The skin will be immensely grateful for such phyto-care.