Castor oil for facial skin: methods of application from wrinkles, pimples, dryness
- About the product
- Composition and properties
- Methods of application
- Precautionary measures
Castor oil is traditionally used as an emollient, nutritious, moisturizing agent. It also has an anti-inflammatory effect, has a mild bleaching effect.
About the product
Castor oil contains fatty acids. However, it must be taken into account that it is obtained from the seeds of an excessively poisonous plant - castor oil ordinary: it contains highly toxic substances: ricinin, ricin, which are predominantly remain in the cake. A thoroughly processed product is completely harmless.
The highest quality is oil, which is obtained by cold pressing. It is recommended for use in professional cosmetology and at home.
When the product is obtained by hot pressing or extraction with the addition of certain solvents, it is not possible to preserve all the useful qualities of castor oil.
Composition and properties
According to the characteristics - a viscous light yellow liquid, which contains:
- Monounsaturated ricinoleic fatty acid, whose properties are largely due to the use of castor oil in facial care. It has a pronounced softening effect, making the skin tender, velvety. The product is especially recommended for use with increased sensitivity and dryness of the skin. It also helps to strengthen and accelerate the growth of eyelashes.
- Palmitic acid facilitates the penetration of other active substances into deeply located skin layers.
- Stearic acid eliminates peeling and dry skin of the face, prevents irritation when exposed to cold air.
- Oleic acid stimulates local metabolic processes, retains fluid in the cells, prevents their dehydration, activates the protective functions of the skin.
- Linoleic fatty acid intensively moisturizes the skin.
- Vitamins E, A perform the functions of auxiliary ingredients, taking part in the synthesis of collagen and elastin, and due to the rejuvenating effect of castor oil: face masks on its basis increase the elasticity of the skin, give it firmness, eliminate wrinkles.
Methods of application
What is the use of castor oil and how to use it properly in home care:
- In cosmetology it is often used as a means for intensive nourishment of the skin with increased dryness. It eliminates the feeling of tightening, peeling, smoothing irregularities, restoring the elasticity of the skin, helps maintain a normal level of hydration.
- With increased sensitivity of the skin, castor oil is an excellent soothing and emollient, although it should be noted that there is some likelihood of an allergic reaction.
- Also, a periorbital agent can be used.
- Castor is especially liked by women due to the ability to strengthen the eyelashes. With regular lubrication of the lines of their growth, the lashes become longer, thicker, their structure is restored.
- Use it and as a bleaching agent for clarifying freckles, pigmented spots.
- With the help of this tool you can clean the skin. Purification of the face with castor oil is based on its property to penetrate deeply into the pores. Due to its stickiness and toughness, it binds dirt and excess fat and draws them. Such cleansing relieves increased greasiness, black spots, blackheads. This is an excellent remedy for acne.
Despite a lot of useful properties, this product has several disadvantages. So, it contains ricinoleic acid, which is due to the softening effect of the oil, but it often provokes the development of an allergic reaction. How to use castor oil to avoid such consequences?
To do this, you should take not a pure product, but its mixture with other vegetable oils. Another option: add castor oil to cosmetics: eye creams, face, tonics or cleansing lotions. For one eyelid lubrication, one drop of oil is enough. In one serving of the face cream, you can add a little more product - 2 or 3 drops.
With not very pronounced wrinkles, castor oil is mixed with peach, sea-buckthorn, olive (proportions ). Perfectly suitable for smoothing shallow wrinkles is also avocado oil, dog rose and wheat germ.
For the area around you can prepare a mixture of castor with sesame, almond, apricot oil in a proportional ratio:. Bringing the proportions to the same means can be mixed with the cream and used for the whole face.
The use of castor oil in its pure form
Pure castor oil is used only in special cases - when almost aggressive action is required - for example, to get rid of skin growths, warts.
Punctual lubrication of age spots and freckles helps to make them almost invisible. Adding a small amount of sea buckthorn oil, which has an anti-inflammatory effect, helps prevent inflammation and the appearance of pimples on the face.
To eliminate acne
Castor oil has long established itself as an effective remedy for acne. Deep penetration into the skin layers allows ricinic acid to suppress the proliferation of viruses and bacteria in tissues.
Mode of application:
First of all, you should cleanse the skin and apply a warm compress to open the pores (a towel soaked in warm water will do). After this, apply a few drops of castor oil in circular massaging movements. Procedure is performed before bedtime. The duration of the course of treatment of acne is 14 days.
For the best result, the described course is recommended to be supplemented with masks with the addition of castor oil.
Method of preparing the mask: mix a teaspoon of the product with a similar portion of calendula alcohol tincture, whipped egg white and acetylsalicylic acid tablet. The resulting mixture is layer-by-layer applied to the skin with a 5-minute break, after the end of the application process wait another 5 minutes and rinse the mask with warm water.
To get rid of wrinkles
Instructions for the use of castor oil as an anti-aging agent is extremely simple: several drops of the latter should be added to the daily cream. As for the periorbital region, one drop is enough here. The combination with special masks allows to obtain the optimum result.
Mix castor oil with olive and sea-buckthorn ( 1), warm it, keeping it in a water bath, then apply to cleansed face and massage in a circular motion. Leave for half an hour.
Experts argue that the regular rubbing of castor oil in the scars over time makes them almost invisible. This also applies to stretch marks. You can also apply warm compresses. Keep them should be about 2 hours.