Sun Dermatitis: Symptoms and Treatment
How to treat sunny dermatitis, and properly diagnose it? This type of skin disease affects the upper layer of the epidermis. There is redness, there may be swelling. Small pimples, they will resemble hives. Treatment of solar dermatitis is carried out under the supervision of a specialist..
Gradually, this kind of dermatitis can become chronic, and if it is not treated at the site of the appearance of rashes, it may form an ulcer. In order to make a diagnosis you need to do a physical examination, special tests and tests. For the treatment use drugs that remove allergic reaction and inflammation.
1Etiology of the disease
- 1.1Causes of appearance
- 1.2Symptomatic of dermatitis
- 2Treatment and Diagnosis
- 3Tips and Tricks
Etiology of the disease.
This means that it begins to appear after exposure to any kind of radiation. Its development begins because of the individual characteristics of the patient's body, which fell into certain conditions. On his skin, external factors start acting, and this leads to the manifestation of solar dermatitis.
Causes of appearance
Most often it occurs in adult patients who are prone to allergies. Especially if it was inherited. Allergies, which occur due to exposure to sunlight, develop gradually, even rather slowly. Characteristic symptoms will manifest only when exposed to the stimulus. Treatment of solar dermatitis is under the supervision of a dermatologist.
The rays that come from the sun are not irritants, causing allergies. Solar dermatitis appears due to the fact that the skin is very sensitive to ultraviolet radiation.
When the rays hit the skin in the human body, a reaction occurs, which causes the allergy to the sun.
Specialists distinguish two types of solar dermatitis:
External factors of influence:
- cosmetical tools;
- household chemicals;
- various plants.
Internal causes are considered if the patient has accumulated harmful substances in the body due to ongoing processes or chronic diseases. Such a situation can arise if the patient takes medication constantly or comes into contact with chemicals according to the nature of work.
Symptomatic of dermatitis
Provoke the onset of solar dermatitis may stay in the open sun. It can also start because of a visit to the solarium.
- In those places where redness and swelling are observed, it will be possible to diagnose a burn. Thus the patient will feel a burning sensation and an itch.
- After these symptoms are gone, a very small rash resembling hives can develop.
- In addition, there may be lesions of the mucosa on the lips or conjunctivitis. Symptoms will appear gradually.
External manifestations of solar dermatitis remain on the body for about 20 days. If the patient is again exposed to ultraviolet rays, the symptoms may reappear. When this happens quite often, the course of chronic solar dermatitis can begin to develop.
To diagnose the chronic course of the disease, you need to find additional symptoms:
- The manifestation of the skin pattern increased.
- The skin becomes very dry.
- Appears hyperpigmentation.
- Vascular asterisks.
But even after this, the patient is not allowed to stay in the sun or visit the solarium.
Treatment and Diagnosis
- Only a specialist can diagnose sun dermatitis. He conducts an examination and a questioning of the patient. It is necessary to do a skin examination with a dermatoscope. This examination will consist in examining the skin with a large increase through the lens. Based on such an examination, a preliminary diagnosis can be made.
- For the final it will be necessary to make samples for the tolerability of ultraviolet rays. This is carried out in stages with the application of stimuli to the skin. After 24 hours, exposure to ultraviolet is carried out. Such tests are done in two places to compare the results and establish a final diagnosis.
To establish the exact causes of sun dermatitis, you need:
- Make a blood test for biochemistry.
- Examine the patient's urine.
- Evaluate the work of the kidneys and fully examine them.
- Determine the level of hormones.
After determining the diagnosis, the doctor prescribes treatment.
- First of all, it is necessary to eliminate the provoking factor. For treatment, medications are used in the form of ointments or tablets. It may be necessary to use vitamin B, anesthetics and anti-allergy drugs.
- In addition, you will need to get a consultation with a gastroenterologist, endocrinologist and nephrologist.
Treatment is systemic with the use of glucocorticoids, depending on what symptoms are manifested.
Tips and Tricks.
Patients diagnosed with solar dermatitis must adhere to certain rules:
- Avoid direct sunlight, especially in the summer.
- In the hot season, close your shoulders and hands from ultraviolet rays.
- Do not visit the solarium.
- The manifestation of solar dermatitis can occur in the definition of the season, so in summer it is not recommended to visit the beach.
- If you have to be on the beach, you need to sit in the shade and go out to the beach only in the early morning or evening.
- After diagnosing solar dermatitis, it is necessary to undergo a full course of treatment.
- Pay special attention to your diet. Refuse from foods that can provoke an allergy or use them in small amounts.
- If necessary, take preventive measures.
- Clothing and bed linen must be chosen from natural fabrics.
- Do not put woolen clothes on your naked body.
- Give preference to personal care products on a natural basis and select them in accordance with the type of skin.
- Do not engage in self-medication, always refer to a dermatologist and follow all his recommendations.
- If necessary, take a survey on the detection of allergens among products, cosmetics.
- Be sure to monitor the cleanliness of the room, get rid of dust and do a wet cleaning regularly.
- At home, you can cure sunny dermatitis. This method will consist in the use of drugs that are prescribed by the doctor. With the same diagnosis is usually not hospitalized.