The causes of eczema on the hands
The causes of eczema on the hands began to be studied a few centuries ago, studies are being carried out to this day. The disease is known even with the time of Remarque and Chekhov. It was these two great men who suffered from eczema..
There are several types of pathology and each has its own reasons for which it appears.
Pathology refers to chronic diseases of allergic etiology. The main symptoms: small rashes on the skin of the hands, severe itching. To prevent the appearance of the disease, you should study in detail the reasons that can provoke it.
- 1True eczema: the causes of development
- 2Causes of atopic dermatitis
- 3Why develop professional and microbial eczema
- 4Causes of the microbial form of pathology in the hands
- 5How to treat eczema on the hands
True eczema: the causes of development.
True (wetting) eczema has a characteristic distinctive feature - bubbles, which immediately after the exposure are opened, the liquid begins to ooze out of them. The disease appears mainly in people older than 45 years.
This type of dermatitis is considered a multifarious disease.
It can develop against the background:
- infectious-allergic disorders;
- endocrine-metabolic disorders;
- of neurogenic factors
- hereditary factors.
The main causes of development are nerve strains, a decrease in the immune system, impaired metabolism, diabetes, vegetative-vascular dystonia, hyperthyroidism, pathology of the digestive tract (gastrointestinal tract), the presence of chronic infections in the body, genetics.
Human skin is an organ that performs certain functions, one of which is protection against harmful microorganisms. As a result of diseases, there are violations and malfunctions of some systems and organs. Toxins that enter the human body are deposited on the walls of the intestine, the rest of them are excreted through the skin. As a result, the mechanism of eczema develops.
Another reason for the emergence of wet eczema is external stimuli. When chemical substances enter the skin, a person inhales aggressive elements, antigens begin to struggle hard against them, and later recognize them as alien. As a consequence, eczema develops. Stresses, experiences are also one of the reasons. Sometimes even one stress is enough to cause a disease.
It can occur both in childhood and in adolescence.
Causes of atopic dermatitis
Atopic eczema is a pathology that doctors watch most often. According to statistics, the disease develops in 25-35% of the population. This kind of eczema is chronic, but with due care for the skin, with all the recommendations of doctors, dieting, you can avoid relapse, increase the remission period.
Atopic eczema (also called dermatitis), in most cases, appears in childhood to 5 years. In toddlers, it manifests itself in the region of the cheeks, the head. In adolescence, it affects the hands, wrists, elbows.
For this type of pathology is characterized by dry skin, peeling, severe itching. As a result of combing the affected areas, microcracks appear, through which a harmful infection enters the bloodstream, an inflammatory process develops.
Medicine also does not know the reasons for the development of this type of pathology, but the factors that provoke the disease are known.
The mechanism of skin damage is associated with allergic reactions, that is, with hyperactivity of the immune system, an attack of protective cells. Very often patients with this kind of dermatitis on their hands suffer from other kinds of allergic reaction, for example, bronchial asthma.
A very important factor is heredity. Practically in all cases, if the mother is sick with atopic eczema, it is transmitted at the genetic level to the child.
Provoke irritating skin irritating chemicals, cosmetics, emotional stress, stressful situations.
Doctors recommend the following to reduce symptoms, prevent relapses:
- Do not wear synthetic clothes of bright colors - dyes can cause an allergic reaction, which later becomes transformed into atopic eczema;
- it is advisable to use air humidifiers at home, since eczema on the hands is very fond of dry air;
- observe a diet;
- learn to keep under control the psychoemotional state.
Why develop professional and microbial eczema.
The reasons for the development of occupational eczema are directly related to where the person works and spends most of his life. This type of pathology is a chronic, slow inflammatory process, which causes redness of the skin, itching, inflammation.
It is very important to carry out preventive methods, in which case eczema will appear much less often. When diagnosing the disease, allergenic samples are used to reveal what provokes the development of occupational eczema. And of course, the first rule in the treatment is to get rid of the external stimulus, that is, completely to exclude contact with it.
Detergents, radioactive elements used in production, can cause professional eczema. And such people should radically change their way of life in order to prolong the period of remission, because relapses, otherwise, will appear very often and suddenly.
Which professional fields can provoke eczema:
- chemical industry;
- machine building;
- medical institutions.
In general, the following elements cause pathology:
- epoxy resin;
- adhesive compositions on a bakelite basis;
- aggressive chemical components, such as acids.
Often the pathology develops due to the effect of dry air currents on the territory of working premises: dust; frequent mechanical damage. Not always people who work in harmful industries, suffer from eczema. This is due to the immune system. If the immunity is strong, then the body will suppress harmful pathogens.
What minor pathologies can cause occupational eczema:
- diseases of the liver and organs of the gastrointestinal tract (chronic hepatitis, necrosis of liver tissue, inflammation of the gallbladder and pancreas, stomach ulcer and duodenal ulcer);
- disruption of the endocrine system (with diabetes, obesity);
- vegetative disorders (against the background of vegetative-vascular disorders);
- chronic infection (tonsillitis, otitis, sinusitis, herpes virus);
- allergic diseases (pathology can develop against a background of pollinosis, bronchial asthma).
People who have different pathologies should lead a correct lifestyle, be sure to stick to the diet and as little as possible contact with chemicals, at least to minimize contact, otherwise the chronic form of occupational eczema is not to avoid.
Causes of the microbial form of pathology in the hands
Microbial eczema - one of the types of disease, which is characterized by development on the areas of microbial or fungal lesions of the skin. At the given kind to a back pathology different infection joins.
According to statistics, this kind appears in 15% of people suffering from allergic skin lesions, especially by wet eczema. As you know, moisture is an excellent breeding ground for pathogenic microflora. And moknushchaya eczema is accompanied by the release of a liquid substance.
In addition, the constant itching makes a person scratch the affected area all the time. This leads to mechanical damage to the skin. Enough even one minute cracks in order for the infection to get into the blood. As a result, background eczema is accompanied by an inflammatory process, which gives people even greater discomfort.
On what places eczema usually develops:
- in the field of trophic ulcerative lesions;
- in places where postoperative or post-traumatic wounds, fistulas, abrasions, burns do not heal well;
- in areas affected by varicose veins, but this is more important for the lower limbs, and not for the palms;
- in places where there are warts or other fungal infections.
The most frequent pathogen, which is detected when the microbial form of eczema - streptococcus. But in some cases, the causative agent is the golden Staphylococcus, Proteus, Klebsiella.
Secondary pathologies, especially varicose, contribute to a significant reduction in the barrier function of cutaneous cover, and the chronic effects of harmful microorganisms cause autoimmune reaction. Together, these processes become the trigger mechanism for the development of the microbial form of pathology on the palms and legs.
In the risk group, people who:
- weak immunity;
- allergic diathesis;
- there are problems with the nervous system;
- there are diseases of the digestive tract (gastrointestinal tract);
- disruption of the endocrine system;
- low level of personal hygiene.
It should be noted that pathogenesis and the development of pathology depends on the latter factor. Hands are always in contact with some objects, things. People hold on to handrails in transport, for railing in buildings, take food in a cafe with cutlery, take toilet handles in public places.
All these places are a real danger for those who suffer from eczema and if the rules of personal hygiene are not observed, the pathogenic infection easily falls on the affected area.
Many people are wondering whether microbial eczema is contagious and, in general, pathology. It must be remembered that this disease is not transmitted through contact with an infected person. Especially the above forms of the disease. Microbial eczema is also not contagious. The only thing that threatens the person in contact is infection with the infection.
How to treat eczema on the hands
Treatment of eczema is prescribed depending on its type and causes, which triggered the development of the disease.
What are the treatment options for eczema:
- Taking antiallergic drugs.Eczema is an allergic reaction. With any kind of allergy, when allergens get into the blood, the body's antibodies enter into a ruthless struggle with them, as a result of which a large amount of the hormone histamine is released. This is the cause of redness, itching and various manifestations of eczema. Only lowering the amount of histamine in the blood can get rid of unpleasant symptoms. To do this, prescribe antihistamines.
- Soothing means."All diseases occur against a background of stress" - the expression is 100% true. As mentioned above, even small regular stresses will lead to eczema on the hands, especially if the person is at risk. Therefore it is very important to restore and adjust the nervous system. This will help tinctures of medicinal plants in the initial stages of the disease. If the stage of the disease is started, antidepressants are prescribed, in some cases - tranquilizers.
- Immunostimulating drugs and vitamin complex.Taking these funds a person, can increase not only the immunity, but also the protective functions of the skin. As a consequence, the skin will be much more protected from pathogenic allergens and infection.
- Adsorbents.Often, the cause of eczema on the hands are toxins that are ingested with malnutrition and from the external environment. The liver just does not have time to produce so many enzymes that can destroy toxins. Absorbents help to remove all the "latent" in the body of toxic elements and prolong the period of remission.
- Antibacterial, anti-inflammatory and hormonal drugs.Appointed depending on the form of eczema. Hormones can be used at both the initial and advanced stages.
- Creams.They are used to moisturize the skin with a dry appearance of the pathology, as a result of which the water balance of the skin of the palms is replenished.
- Physiotherapy.This is a set of measures aimed at reducing symptoms, inflammation. Includes a lot of ways of treatment, for example - mud and salt baths, ultrasound, electrosleep, paraffin applications.
- Diet and exercise.One of the most important stages in therapy. Proper nutrition will ensure the body saturation of nutrients, and, therefore, the immune system will be able to resist the infection and allergens. Sports will help restore blood circulation, which facilitates the fastest delivery of nutrients to all tissues and organs.
- Ethnoscience.Herbal medicinal herbs, lotions and baths will help to remove unpleasant symptoms, reduce inflammation and swelling.
Many resources carry information that there are miracle cures for eczema on the palms of the hands, feet. But these are only advertising slogans, and no more.
One more thing - healers and herbalists claim that you can get rid of the disease with the help of lotions and herbal decoctions. But this, unfortunately, is a big mistake. Until a person stops contacting an allergen that causes pathology, a miracle will not happen.
And in order not to bring the organism to sepsis, which can develop as a result of microbial eczema, cardinal medical methods of treatment should be applied. Therapy is complex. Doctors do not speak out against folk medicine, but such methods of treatment can not be basic, but only auxiliary..