Psychosomatic causes of eczema
In the process of recognizing the causes that provoke the appearance of eczema, psychosomatic plays an important role. Not so long ago, scientists came to the conclusion that skin diseases are a direct derivative of human thoughts and actions. Eczema is not an exception. Considering the insufficient effectiveness of medical and physiotherapeutic treatment, it is important to learn about the etiology of the onset of an illness on a mental level..
1The psychological nature of skin disease
- 1.1Why is it impossible to cure the end of eczema?
- 1.2What do scientists from America say about the psychosomatics of eczema?
- 1.3Features of childhood and adult psychosomatics of eczema
- 1.4How to help yourself?
The psychological nature of skin disease.
It should immediately be noted that modern traditional medicine with caution approaches the application in practice of studies of the psychosomatic causes of the disease. However, the reasoning of the scientists is very impressive and suggests that such provoking factors of eczema should be treated more carefully.
Failures in the work of the immune system often occur as a result of stresses experienced.
Among all dermatological ailments, eczema is the most common. Its symptoms have a fairly wide range of manifestations.
To distinguish eczema from other skin diseases can be on such grounds:
- itching and burning sensation;
- wet colors of crimson color;
- absence of clear borders of lesions of skin;
- subfebrile body temperature.
Confirm the psychosomatic causes of the development of this disease can be ineffective drug therapy. Indeed, it is quite possible to suppress eczema on the hands, face or body of a patient with the help of a whole medication complex.
Typically, the standard treatment regimen consists of:
- Medical ointments and creams.
- Vitamins and trace elements.
In the complicated course of the disease, dermatologists can prescribe more complex preparations containing steroids and hormones. As a result, countless accepted medications are meaningless. After a while, all the efforts of the doctor and the patient are reduced to zero. Muted for a certain time and suppressed by the action of medicines, eczema appears again and again.
Why is it impossible to cure the end of eczema?
Eczema develops wavy, passing through the chronic phase, then the period of exacerbation. Basically it is manifested by thickening of the skin and scales, the appearance of wet blisters.
The soil for the development of eczema creates a psychosomatic reason, however, this "trigger mechanism" can be activated by various factors, both inside the organism and externally.
If you consider eczema from the position of a skin problem with a psychological source, it is extremely important to understand what the patient is experiencing. When faced with such a disease, any person feels fear. It is an instinctive experience for one's life.
Subconscious fears and self-doubt do not allow you to find a soul balance, calmness. A patient with a similar disease does not feel internal strength and remains apathetic to everything around him. It seems to him that because of this problem it is impossible to cope with life as a whole.
What do scientists from America say about the psychosomatics of eczema?
An interesting detail in considering the features of the psychosomatics of eczema can be considered arguments of American researchers. This reason is due to the desire of a sick person to be cut off from the environment and the entire outside world. Anything can summon such a desire.
Most often, this is due to:
- unsatisfactory level of social adaptation;
- the death of an expensive person;
- betrayal, breaking of relations;
- prolonged nervous tension.
The appearance of unaesthetic rashes on the skin becomes a weighty reason for the final separation from society, as a result of which the psychosomatic health of a person is significantly deteriorating.
The data of Americans is fundamentally shoddy by the results of experiments. Conducted psychotherapeutic treatment of patients with eczema allowed to increase the percentage of general recovery by one third. In addition, as scientists from the United States noted, the most common cause of eczema is sleep deprivation and chronic fatigue. The main part of patients are middle-aged women.
Not only the psychosomatic causes of this disease raise doubts among doctors today. Physiological provoking factors also largely leave questions. To explain the nature of the origin of the pathology with complete certainty is not yet possible.
Features of childhood and adult psychosomatics of eczema
Eczema in children and adults differs in the place of localization, and for psychological reasons of occurrence. For example, a child often has eczema on his cheeks, less often on his hands. The psychosomatics of eczema is explained here very simply. As a rule, childhood experiences that affect the condition of the skin are caused by the actions or inactions of the parents themselves. The most important reason for the appearance of a skin ailment in a baby is a violation in direct contact with the mother.
Despite such a young age, the child's psyche is complex and simultaneously vulnerable. The lack of maternal warmth and care affects the health of the baby in a literal sense.
In most cases, the appearance of childhood eczema is a normal full-fledged, and most importantly, a loving family.
Psychosomatics of children and adults:
- The most common factor in the occurrence of a child's eczema is the mother's employment. When the baby, waiting for Mom to return from work, sees her tired, not tuned to games and even conversations, he gets frustrated. It is not uncommon for a family situation when parents quarrel with a child - for crumbs this is a huge stress. Thus, the baby receives less maternal warmth, love, and his body begins to suffer, reflecting the problem on the skin.
- In adults, eczema occurs on the hands and feet much more often than on the face. Here psychosomatics is predetermined by dependence on others. Most patients with eczema claimed that they were repeatedly filled with emotions when talking, for example, with a tyrannical leader, but any displays of feelings always had to be restrained. Constant concealment of one's true emotions requires a lot of effort, which means that for the nervous system and psyche it is a significant damage. Often the psychosomatic cause of the pathology that arose in a woman is associated with dependence in the family. In the absence of financial independence, she feels depressed and subordinate.
How to help yourself?
Undoubtedly, the banal conclusion arises - one must overcome his fears. But experiences can come back again. Do not suffer a lifetime from the personal perception of the world will help only deep work on themselves, on their thought forms and feelings. It is vitally important to learn how to express your emotions and express feelings by directing the flow of outgoing positive energy into the right direction.
This is the first and main step on the road to recovery. However, forget about the medical recommendations of a dermatologist and neglect the traditional drug therapy can not in any case. Treatment for eczema can only be done by a qualified dermatologist. Trying to get rid of the disease yourself, without consulting a specialist is fraught with more complex consequences.
Naturally, the formation of a therapy scheme will depend on the cause of eczema:
- For example, eczema caused by food allergy is treated in most cases with the refusal to eat potentially dangerous foods and taking antihistamines.
- In the case when the doctor is almost 100% sure that the cause of eczema is psychosomatic, the main emphasis in the treatment will be placed on the exclusion of all nervous experiences, elimination of stress factors and neuroses, it is possible to take sedatives and sedatives, much less often - tranquilizers. In more severe cases, a psychotherapist may need help.
- Important in the treatment of eczema is the use of corticosteroids and immunomodulators, whose action is aimed at strengthening the defenses of the body and the early recovery of affected areas of the skin. External prescribe antiseptic and hormonal drugs aimed at mitigating symptoms.
It's impossible to say for sure the root causes of eczema today. On the face or hands, it flows in a chronic form. To mitigate the manifestations of a relapse, or even to stop its offensive, it is possible only with an integrated approach to the search for provoking factors. Psychological and physiological treatment is the best way to treat eczema..