5 reasons why there may be red heels or red dots on the heels
Red heels at any age are a sign of ill health. This manifestation often occurs in people who have previously been exposed to prolonged exposure to low temperatures. Also, red heels accompany people with an increased background of skin sensitivity. Why is there such a phenomenon? Let's try to understand..
- 1Because of what the heels of the feet are always red?
- 2How to treat?
Because of what the heels of the feet are always red?.
The main causes of redness of the heels are:
- A separate category of diseases. Red heels accompany people suffering from numerous skin diseases. In this case, redness is not only the skin of the heels, but the entire foot. In this case, the latter are often itchy and are an object of discomfort.
- Fungal lesions. When penetrating the spores of individual fungal bodies into the pores of the skin, a person may begin to have reddening of the skin. Often it results in red heels and stops that itch at the end of the day.
- The defeat of the body by erythromelalgia. Red spots on the back of the feet appear in people whose body is affected by erythromelalgia. In this case, patients complain not only of the redness of individual skin areas, but also the appearance of burning pain in the leg area. There are cases when this disease passed into gangrene. Healing red heels with erythromelalgia is possible with the help of salicylates.
- Mycosis. In the main reasons for the appearance of red spots on the heels, it is impossible not to mention the manifestations of mycosis. This type of fungal disease is characterized by the formation on the skin of these areas of blisters with spots. Usually the appearance of such protrusions on the heels is associated with the infection of a person by visiting public showers with swimming pools. The disease can erupt even in a child with non-observance of hygiene norms. Mycosis accompanies characteristic itching and flaking. Sometimes people suffer from such manifestations for more than a year, bypassing the doctor's visit. In many cases mycosis causes the appearance of an unpleasant smell in patients. Timely use of antifungal drugs can cure this ailment.
- An increased level of sweating of the feet when wearing tight shoes. Red heels can accompany people who wear smaller shoes. This is often the case with children whose legs have grown significantly, and old shoes have not been replaced with a new one.
These causes in most cases cause redness of the skin of the legs, showing on their surface characteristic points. This feature of the body signals the need for immediate medical attention.
How to treat?
Regardless of the cause of the development, this symptom must be treated. It is best to do this under the guidance of the appropriate doctor, who knows the peculiarities of the manifestation of certain diseases. If a speck of red color appears on the heels of the child, the baby should be shown to the child's doctor. The development of this symptom in an adult signals a visit to a dermatologist or surgeon.
Self-treatment with redness of the skin of the heels should not be carried out, especially if this phenomenon affects the child's body. This method of treatment is very dangerous for health, because it does not reveal the true cause of this symptom. In addition, when self-medication, people start using drugs that are not at all necessary for them, exposing the healthy cells of the skin and digestive tract to a negative effect.
To get rid of redness on the heels, it is recommended to do the following:
- Determination of the duration of redness. Redness of the heels may be temporary (excessive sweating) or permanent (concomitant diseases). As soon as you find this symptom, it is recommended to observe the intensity of redness during the day. If by evening it disappears, since you have freed your feet from the shoes, then you should pick up more loose shoes or shoes. In case of prolonged retention of redness on the heels (two days), one can suspect the development of fungal or other pathology in the body. In order not to cause more damage to the body, it is worthwhile to visit a doctor with such a symptom.
- Visiting the doctor. With this symptom, most often go to a dermatologist or surgeon. Based on the conducted body examinations, the latter will give recommendations on how to address a more narrowly focused specialist. Without it, you can not cure the body in the allergic nature of the redness of the heels.