Dermatitis - medicinal treatment
With the diagnosis of dermatitis, drug treatment involves the use of external medicinal products, as well as systemic drugs, produced in the form of tablets, capsules and injections. If the former are struggling with external manifestations of skin disease, the latter means cure inflammation at the cellular level. It should be noted that, depending on the variety of dermatitis, appropriate treatment can be prescribed. However, some modern medicines have a wide spectrum of action and are used in the therapy of many diseases. All this is achieved thanks to the active substances that make up the medicines..
- 1Features of therapy
- 2Antihistamine tablets
- 3Antifungal tablets and antibiotics
- 4Hormonal therapy
Features of therapy.
It should be noted that any of the varieties of dermatitis can be caused by various external as well as internal factors. Often, its occurrence is preceded by fungal, allergic or infectious diseases. That is why modern medicine uses a comprehensive approach to the treatment of dermatitis.
It includes the use of several groups of drugs:
- Antihistamines. They are prescribed to relieve symptoms such as swelling, itching, burning, inflammation and redness of the skin. These drugs also reduce the allergic reaction of the body, helping to effectively combat the manifestations of dermatitis. It is worth considering that many of them have a side effect - drowsiness. This group of drugs is allowed to be used for a long period of time. Duration of admission is prescribed by a dermatologist.
- Corticosteroid or hormonal drugs. They are very effective in the treatment of acute disease. Thanks to the special hormones included in their composition, a very good anti-inflammatory effect is achieved. Given the fact that corticosteroids are potent, it is highly undesirable to use them for a long time. This is due to serious side effects, leading in some cases to atrophy of the skin.
- Immunosuppressants. This group of drugs refers to immunosuppressants, which specifically inhibit immune defense mechanisms, thereby reducing the skin reaction of the body.
- Antibiotics. They are prescribed if there is an infection in the body.
Systemic dermatitis in adults can be presented in the form of tablets with different pharmacological properties. Than to treat this insidious disease? First of all, do not self-medicate. If the first symptoms occur, you need to seek medical help. The doctor will prescribe the appropriate medication after the necessary diagnosis.
This group of drugs perfectly copes with internal and external manifestations of dermatitis. Thanks to active substances it is possible to get rid of itching, swelling, irritation and redness of the skin.
The most effective drugs in the form of tablets related to this group of drugs:
- Claritin. It is used in the treatment of many skin diseases of allergic origin.
- Loratadin. The active substance of the same name excellently removes allergy symptoms and itching caused by dermatitis.
- Zirtek. The active substance of the drug is cetirizine, which has an excellent anti-allergic property.
- Clemastine. The medication perfectly removes the itching, reduces the allergic reaction of the body, reduces swelling and redness of the skin.
- Chloropyramine. It is used in the treatment of acute dermatitis. Tablets have sedative, anti-allergic and even antispasmodic effect.
- Telfast. Eliminates the symptoms of various kinds of allergies.
- Citrine. The active substance cetirizine reduces the severity of the allergic reaction, which provokes an exacerbation of dermatitis.
- Zodak. Effective antiallergic agent, used for itching, redness and irritation of the skin.
- Tavegil. The drug is long-acting. Does not have a calming effect.
- Allertec. Medication is effective in atopic dermatitis.
- Asmawal 10. The active substance of the drug removes itching, redness and reduces the allergic reaction of the body.
Antifungal tablets and antibiotics.
The most famous antifungal tablets include:
- Orungal. The medicine is prescribed for fungal lesions of the skin of different localization. Has fugnitsidnym and fugnistaticheskim property;
- Exifin. Antifungal preparation of a wide spectrum of action. It is used for skin diseases caused by various strains of fungus;
- Terbinafine. The remedy is used for diseases caused by yeast-like and mold fungi. Efficacy is also achieved with all kinds of dermatitis;
- Diflucan. One of the most common and effective medicines. Capsules contain the active substance fluconazole, suppressing the action of fungi at the cellular level.
In the event that a dermatological disease is accompanied by a bacterial infection, doctors often prescribe the use of antibiotics to the patient.
Common drugs that help treat the infection are:
- Erythromycin. The active substance of the drug prevents the reproduction of bacteria. The drug is widely used in the treatment of various diseases. Has a pronounced antimicrobial effect.
- Macropean. Antibiotic, prescribed in the treatment of infection of the skin and other locations of the localization of bacteria. The effectiveness of the drug is achieved by the greatest concentration of the active substance in the cells of the affected area on the skin.
When the form of dermatitis is acute, when medication prescribed by a doctor does not give the desired result, corticosteroid tablets and injections may be prescribed. Due to their properties, they effectively fight the inflammatory process.
The most effective hormonal tablets and injections are:
- Prednisolone. Corticosteroid drugs for the treatment of eczema, dermatitis and other diseases. The drug has a pronounced anti-inflammatory, anti-shock, anti-allergic, and also antitoxic action, helping to get rid of such symptoms as itching, inflammation of the wetting nature, redness.
- Fluticasone. Synthetic corticosteroid in the form of tablets, used topically for various diseases. In the indication for use, it is noted that this remedy is effective for seborrheic dermatitis. The active substance helps to remove swelling, itching, inflammation and redness of the affected area.
- Dexamethasone. The drug is available in the form of tablets, as well as a solution for intramuscular and intravenous administration. Indication for the appointment of this corticosteroid is atopic, bullous, seborrheic and contact dermatitis.
- Diprospan. Suspension for injection is prescribed by a doctor with severe skin damage. The product has a pronounced anti-inflammatory effect.
It should be noted that hormonal drugs in the form of injections are used with insufficient effectiveness of tablets and hormonal external agents.
A certain group of drugs used in the therapy of dermatitis. These drugs are prescribed for severe skin damage, when the acute form of dermatitis can give serious complications. Their actions are based on the suppression of immunity, which helps to reduce the skin reaction of the body.
It should be noted that such drugs are not often used, but this is the case. It is extremely undesirable to use them without the recommendation and appointment of a doctor.
The most well-known immunosuppressants in dermatitis therapy are:
- Cyclophosphamide. Cytotoxic drug used for dermatitis in rare cases. The main indication for use is the therapy of oncological diseases. This is achieved due to the expressed antitumor effect.
- Chlorobutin. An effective cytostatic agent with antitumor effect.
In addition to systemic drug treatment, external therapeutic ointments and creams are widely used to help combat external symptoms of dermatitis.