Signs and treatment of dermatitis
Dermatitis, the symptoms and treatment of which has been experienced by many people, can develop due to chemical, mechanical, physical and biochemical factors. At the present time, the disease is progressing both in children and adults, most likely because of the environmental situation. Therefore, if your child has a red spot (sometimes has a scarlet color) or skin peeling begins, then it is possible that he has dermatitis. It is worth noting that dermatitis in adults is most often caused by a variety of allergens. And in this situation, it is desirable not to reason for a long time, what causes caused dermatitis. It is required to consult a doctor, and he will tell you how to cure dermatitis and what categorically can not be done in the course of illness..
- 2Treatment of dermatitis
- 3Diet in the treatment of dermatitis
- 4Preventive actions
This ailment can be acute and chronic. By the form of the stimulus and the set of susceptible areas, simple and allergic dermatitis is isolated.
Types of dermatitis:
- diffuse neurodermatitis.
The causes of dermatitis can be very diverse, but the symptoms and methods of fighting the disease are always the same. A person suffering from this ailment constantly complains of itching, irritation, inflammation and the appearance of peeling on the skin. The desire to comb your skin leads to damage to the liquid elements, their ulceration, wetting and covering with a rash.
To eliminate the symptoms of dermatitis, doctors prescribe hormonal, antifungal, antihistamines and soothing the skin. In cases when there is an infection - antibiotic drugs.
To start the acute form is very characteristic of sudden skin itching, a sharp increase in temperature, sometimes a syndrome of inflammation of the nasal mucosa - this is most true of allergic atopy. Symptoms of underlying pathology, inflammation and eruption are signs of infectious diseases caused by viruses, fungi and bacteria. For acute forms, the common symptoms of moderate inflammation, as well as the appearance of papules and vesicles.
Treatment of dermatitis
To date, pharmaceutical companies produce a variety of drugs and a variety of medications. It is worth noting that the treatment of dermatitis in adults does not imply any single approach. The scheme, therapy, technique and treatment are prescribed only by the attending physician, individually designed for each patient. In the treatment of this ailment, everything must be adapted precisely to the organism of a particular person. Asking the question, how to treat dermatitis and how to treat it, it is worth turning to well-known folk methods - in this case the chances are increasing.
In addition, many are interested in how to treat dermatitis with the help of folk remedies. It is important to note that treatment of dermatitis with folk remedies is allowed if a person does not have any contraindications. Treatment of dermatitis at home involves the use of natural components that restore the skin, but does not exclude medication. In other words, complex treatment is recommended.
Tinctures, ointments, solutions based on a variety of medicinal plants have proved themselves well enough. Herbs are used either individually or in the form of herbal remedies. Folk remedies for treatment of dermatitis should be better selected with your doctor, as they are also capable of provoking allergic rashes.
Most often use the following folk remedies for getting rid of dermatitis:
- Glycerin Ointment. Glycerin ointment in equal proportions mixed with whole cow milk, preferably more fat. Further, it is required to add as much rice starch as possible so that the mixture is formed as a thick, uniform gruel. You need to spread all night, washing your skin with warm water only after sleeping.
- Oil from St. John's wort. Leaves of the plant should be crushed in a mortar, moved to a container of glass, a bay with vegetable oil. Keep mixture for about 18-20 days for extraction purposes. Occasionally shake the contents of the vessel. After the time has come, and the oil is infused, it is moved to a bottle, cleaned in a darkened room and kept tightly sealed.
- Broth of oak bark. A small amount of dry oak bark is mixed with water and cooked over medium heat for 10 minutes. The broth is then cooled and used in the form of compresses.
- Potato juice. Masks from potatoes with dermatitis are also very effective. It is necessary to cut the root crop or grate on a fine grater and apply to the skin, fixing the composition with gauze or bandage.
- Celery. Freshly squeezed celery juice should be mixed with a small amount of table vinegar. Within a few minutes you need to soak the affected areas with a cotton disc, and then rinse with warm water.
- Celandine. Perhaps, the most popular tool in the treatment of dermatitis. It is important not to forget that the celandine should not cause burning, irritation and bring discomfort. This is a very active component, so it can aggravate the condition if it is misused to use it. The plant is crushed and diluted with water in equal proportions. You can add a teaspoon of honey, this will have a positive effect on the skin condition. It should be applied for a short time, using gauze or cotton wool.
- The sequence. Alternate use as tinctures, diluting about one tablespoon per glass of water. When the plant is infused, it is necessary to make a short-term compress on the affected area. The procedure should be repeated 2-5 times a day, then the effect will be noticeably noticeable in a shorter time.
- Sophora is Japanese. Fruit the plants to grind, fill one glass of boiled water. Insists broth at night, and in the morning is taken inside.
- Tar soap. This method also has contraindications. If the dermis is very inflamed or there are signs of an allergic reaction, then this method should not be used. Tar soap is used as rubbing massages, short-term compresses of trays. If the skin becomes scarlet, starts to itch, there is burning, then it is mandatory to stop using this remedy.
- Birch buds. The extract of birch buds also kills skin dermatitis, the treatment of which will become more productive if you make compresses more often. Several tablespoons of birch buds are poured with boiled water, allowed to brew and impregnate the impregnated gauze on the affected areas of the skin.
- Cranberry ointment. Lubricate the skin with severe itching or burning. Freshly squeezed juice or cranberry mixed with vaseline and spread over the inflamed area. In case the skin starts to blush, itch, hurt even more, then the ointment should be washed off with warm water.
- Aloe - squeezes out the juice from the plant and smeared all the affected areas of the body.
Diet in the treatment of dermatitis.
When treating skin dermatitis, a special diet is always prescribed, which can maintain the patient's condition at the required level. Organized diet and hypoallergenic food is the key to a healthy diet.
During the progression of the disease, it is recommended to add low-allergenic foods to the diet:
- some meat of fish (what kind of fish meat you need, you need to know the doctor);
- cottage cheese with low fat content;
- pearl barley;
- compotes of dried fruits;
- green and chamomile teas.
Most often listed products are recommended by doctors treating skin dermatitis.
There is also a list of products that must be avoided:
- Pork meat;
- eggs of chicken;
- smoked products;
- marmalade sweets;
- caramel candies;
- alcoholic beverages;
- fermented milk products with fillers;
- cocoa powder;
- coffee beans.
It should be noted that dermatitis can begin because of excessive use of dyes, emulsifiers, preservatives. Therefore, during treatment, these substances should not appear in your diet.
Avoiding skin irritants, the following rules and recommendations will help:
- Do not wash in very hot water - this has a detrimental effect on the skin and causes even more irritation.
- After hygienic procedures, the skin must be moistened.
- Used products should not cause allergies, it is best to use products containing aloe.
- The presence of an air humidifier is desirable in the apartment.
- Clothes should be free, do not restrain in movement and do not rub your skin. You should opt for natural materials.
- From wearing bracelets, watches, rings, chains and other ornaments it is worth noting. In addition, it will cause even greater discomfort and pain.
- It is necessary to use rubber gloves in contact with household chemicals.
- Do not eat food that causes an allergic reaction, even in the smallest amounts.
At the first symptoms, indispositions and bad health it is necessary to address to the expert. Only the doctor states dermatitis, explains how to treat this disease. Do not experiment with self. Dermatitis, the causes of which are very insidious, are best eliminated in medical institutions. And various home procedures only contribute to the "improvement" of the disease, and not eradicate the problem.
After analyzing all the information, you now know exactly what is dermatitis and the causes that cause it..