How is lichen at an early stage
Lishay - damage to the surface layers of the skin of various etiologies (fungi, viral infection), the initial stage of the disease depends on its type and individual characteristics of the organism..
The word "deprive" (Greek. "Lichen") came to us from the time of Hippocrates. The disease was described by Cornelius Celsus in the treatise "On Medicine" in the 1st century AD. e. The increase in population migration in cities has led to an increase in the incidence of various types of lichen. The population of poor neighborhoods and slums was most often affected.
In some countries (USA, France) sick children were placed in special schools for a long term (about 3 years).
- 1Causes of the appearance of ailment
- 2Types and manifestations of the disease
- 3Anthropophilic types of disease
Causes of the appearance of ailmentThe agents that cause lichen can be fungi and viruses. Some of the pathogens live in the human body, showing themselves only when the immune system is broken. Others get out of the environment and have their own pathogenic effect..
By the mechanism of transferring lichen can be divided into these types:
- anthropophilic - transmission from person to person, only people are ill;
- zooantropophilous - people and animals get sick, most often children become infected;
- geophysical - pathogens are in the ground, people are sick, engaged in agriculture and children who like to dig in the sand.
With different pathogens, the disease has similar features:
- Appearance of one or more plaques.
- Itching and redness of the skin.
- Change in the color of the skin.
- Changes on the surface of the skin with plaques.
- Localization of plaques.
- Similar signs of the onset of the disease.
- Treatment with a specialist of one profile (dermatologist).
The main reason for the appearance of lichen is a malfunction of the immune system.
Immunodeficiency states develop in the following cases:
- chronic diseases;
- unbalanced nutrition;
- stress and fatigue;
- oncological diseases;
- changes in temperature effects on the body.
Types and manifestations of the disease
Among the varieties of the disease there are contagious and non-contagious forms:
- Infectious species of lichen (shearing, feline, herpes zoster).
- No danger to the surrounding species of lichen (pink, red, sunny, otrebus, scaly).
The initial stage of lichen development is usually not noticed until the body does not find plaque of an itchy character.
Let us consider in detail the appearance of plaques of lichen in the initial stage.
Ringworm (trichophytosis, microsporia) is caused by fungi. Carriers are people and animals, and when infected from an animal disease occurs more severely. It affects both the scalp and the skin. Mostly children and adolescents are ill. Clinical manifestations of the disease are recorded on the 3-4 days from the moment of infection.
The child on the scalp has a small focus with a tendency to increase the area. The skin in the affected area is edematous, covered with scales of gray color, the hair breaks to the roots and remains the centers of alopecia (bald spots). The patient is concerned about the itching in the place of the lesion.
On the surface of the body, ringworm at the initial stage leads to the formation of red spots with a clear contour. Skin is edematous, on the surface are formed multiple small vesicles, which, bursting, are covered with crust, itch greatly.
The localization of elements is diverse:
The feline ringworm is a fungal disease, the animals are the vectors.
Disputes of the pathogen are found in dust, clothing, shoes.
In the initial stage of feline frat there appears a small speck with distinct contours, which increases in size. Nearby, additional daughter rashes are formed. The process of their occurrence is accompanied by itching, flaking and inflammation. Just like with trichophytosis, the skin of the scalp may be affected. In this case, hair loss and alopecia areata are observed.
Anthropophilic types of disease.
Different types of lichen at the initial stage have different manifestations.
Let's consider them in more detail:
- Pink lichen. It assumes the viral nature of the disease (type 7 herpes virus). The starting factor is a decrease in immunity. It appears in the autumn-spring period. The initial stage of lichen is characterized by the appearance of a maternal plaque of red color with slight itching. With the passage of time, additional (child) rashes appear. Localization of plaques is observed throughout the body. Pink lichen is not a contagious (not transmitted) disease.
- Red lichen. Affects mucous membranes, nail plates, skin. In the initial stage it is manifested by spots of red-lilac or light-crimson color. The foci have a smooth surface and sometimes slightly flaky. Eruptions merge and form plaques. Localization - folds of elbows, palms and armpits.
- Sunshine is a fungal disease, not dangerous for others. The initial stage is characterized by the appearance on the open areas of the skin of spots, practically not differing in color from the rest of the skin. Under the action of ultraviolet, the area of the spot increases, leaving areas of depigmentation with uneven edges. This disease provides only aesthetic discomfort.
- Pityriasis type of ailment. It is caused by a pathogenic fungus. In the initial stage, clearly defined spots with peeling appear on the skin. The color varies from white to dark brown. Unpleasant feelings patients do not note.
- Psoriasis, or squamous ringworm. The initial manifestations on the skin are white spots. Then the hearth changes its color to red, itching and flaking occur. Localization: places of folds, the border of the scalp, palms, feet. For others, squamous lichen is not dangerous.
Do not let the disease spontaneously, do not self-medicate..