What does burning in the head of the penis in men without secretions
Burning in the head in men without secretions can occur for various reasons. Contrary to popular belief, this does not always indicate the occurrence of a venereal disease, but is often associated with the penetration of other pathogens. Do not rely on self-healing. If the problem is present for more than 3 days, you should definitely see the doctor and take the necessary tests..
- 2Other factors
- 3When to call a doctor
- 4How to remove discomfort
The causes of discomfort in an intimate place can be different, and most of them need treatment.
Burning on the head of the penis may be accompanied by:
- the appearance of a rash, erosion.
Such signs are characteristic for infectious diseases.
- Balanitis (often balanoposthitis). It is provoked by pathogenic organisms (staphylococci, streptococci, E. coli and others). Often occurs in persons who neglect the elementary rules of personal hygiene (changing clothes, washing the penis). Less commonly associated with a congenital narrowing of the foreskin, which does not allow you to carefully remove the accumulated secret.
- Genital candidiasis. Small amounts of fungus can be present on the male genital organs without causing irritation. When immunity decreases, the pathogen is activated and begins to multiply uncontrollably. This causes burning on the tip and other unpleasant symptoms. As the progression appears curdled discharge from the urethra and white films on the surface of the genital organ.
- Trichomoniasis. Pathogen - the simplest single-celled microorganism Trichomonas. Clinical signs are more often manifested in the female sex, in healthy men may be absent or show reddening of the vulva and minor itching. With a weak immune response, the microorganism can cause a whole complex of complaints.
- Syphilis. A serious ailment caused by a bacterium is pale treponema. It is well treated only in the early stages. Gradually affects all organs and systems of the body by penetrating into the lymphatic system. Can begin with minor discomfort in the penis. In the absence of adequate therapy, it is rapidly progressing.
Burning in a penis may be an early sign of any sexually transmitted disease, so the absence of excreta is not an indicator of well-being.
Not less often the suspicious symptom can arise because of other reason which has been not connected with an infection.
Burning in the head area in men can provoke:
- Endocrine disorders. Any changes in the hormonal background can lead to problems with the male external genital organs. It may be a malfunction in the thyroid gland, adrenal gland, pancreas. Sometimes the cause of the problem is the hypothalamus, responsible for the balance of all hormones.
- Allergic reactions. As an irritant is any substance that penetrates into the body with food or from the outside. It causes itching and burning in the head of the penis. Often, men are intolerant of some contraceptives, so you should pay close attention to all possible causes.
In a small percentage of men, problems with genitals can be caused by oncological processes. In the early stages, the tip of the penis begins to itch, a small spot appears on the skin. As it grows, it becomes like a tuber of cauliflower, localized on the head or on the foreskin.
The risk group for a member's cancer includes:
- over 50 years;
- with weakened immunity;
- having bad habits;
- supporters of unprotected sex;
- often ill (including STDs).
Also cause burning of the glans penis may be such reasons as:
- Wearing tight underwear.
- Rubbing after intercourse.
- Penis in the zipper of the trousers.
- Acceptance of some medications.
- Long-term stress.
- Lack of sleep and vitamins.
- Problems with the liver and gallbladder.
When to call a doctor.
If a frightening sign appeared for the first time and is not accompanied by other complaints, it is not necessary to immediately run to the hospital. It is necessary to wait a couple of days and assess the condition. If the burning sensation in the penis does not go away, go to a urologist or a venereologist.
Additional signs that require examination include:
- discharge, especially with an unpleasant odor;
- itching of the head and foreskin, flushing;
- presence of ulcers, erosions, rashes;
- the appearance of seals;
- general deterioration of health (weakness, fever, etc.);
- erectile dysfunction;
- problems with conception.
Prior to the analysis, sexual intercourse should be excluded. This is necessary to reduce the risk of infection of the partner and increases the reliability of the result.
In most cases, diagnosis is not difficult. The main method is to take biomaterial from the urethra.
This is done using a probe that is inserted into the urethra a few centimeters and turns it. This is a rather unpleasant and painful procedure, but one can not do without it.
Additionally, general blood and urine tests can be taken. If the previous methods did not yield results and the diagnosis could not be established, a deeper examination is carried out.
How to remove discomfort
Do not select the treatment yourself.
This is in most cases:
- is ineffective;
- complicates the diagnosis;
- complicates the work of the doctor;
- leads to complications and the development of chronic pathologies.
Selection of medications is carried out after the diagnosis is made. Men (and their partners in the case of STDs) can be prescribed drugs for internal and external use, namely funds from the following groups:
- antidepressants, tranquilizers;
- vitamins, minerals.
From folk remedies, rinses can be recommended:
- decoction of chamomile;
- wormwood bitter;
Contraindications to herbs include individual intolerance.
In more serious diseases, the treatment regimen is selected individually depending on the underlying disease:
- If the endocrine function is disturbed, the balance of hormones is normalized, sometimes with the use of substitution therapy.
- Liver diseases are treated with hepatoprotectors and lifestyle correction, sometimes promptly.
- Cancer cancers are excised or more gentle minimally invasive techniques are selected (possibly in the early stages). Sometimes it is necessary to remove a part of the organ or complete amputation, then conduct radiation and chemotherapy courses.
For the purpose of prevention it is necessary:
- Carefully choose underwear, giving up synthetic fabrics. It should not constrain traffic, and rub the groin area.
- Use poorly flavored hygiene products.
- In time, wash the penis, and wipe it with a soft towel.
- Avoid promiscuous sexual intercourse, always use a condom.
Burning of the glans penis may be temporary or a sign of a pathological process. Absence of treatment in some cases threatens the development of multiple complications: urethritis, prostatitis, impotence, infertility. Therefore, you should not treat this symptom lightly, and in the presence of problems you need to contact a specialist..