Tablets for allergic dermatitis and folk recipes
At the first suspicion on an allergic dermatitis it is not necessary to start uncontrolledly to take all possible tablets from allergic dermatitis, it is better to immediately consult a dermatologist, who will appoint a complex and effective treatment. After all, the therapy of this disease sometimes includes hormones, which should be used with great care. In addition, for the best effectiveness of therapy, you need to observe certain precautions to reduce contact with the allergen..
1Varieties of antiallergic agents
- 1.1Non-hormonal substances for external use
- 1.2Hormone medications for external use
- 2Means for internal use
- 3Folk recipes and diet
Varieties of antiallergic agents.
By the mechanism of action and methods of use, the following variants of drugs directed against this disease are distinguished:
- preparations for external use (creams, ointments, gels, powders, nebulizers);
- preparations for internal use (tablets, capsules).
Also, all types of these drugs by composition can be divided into hormone-containing and non-hormonal.
In addition, in the complex therapy of this disease it is very important to lead a certain lifestyle: try to avoid contact with allergens (animals, household chemicals, plants), causing atopic reactions in this patient, adhere to hypoallergenic diet.
Non-hormonal substances for external use
These drugs are produced in such forms:
- Ointments - can have anti-inflammatory action (Bepanten, Protopic), moisten the over-dried and flaky areas (glycerin ointment), reduce itching (Gystan, Fenistil Gel). Because of their large fat content, they are usually poorly absorbed into the dermis, but they remain on the skin for a long time, having a positive effect.
- Creams - have a similar effect, but are faster absorbed, so if necessary, go to the street, their use is more convenient. Of these, Naftaderm is worth mentioning, which has many useful properties - acts as an analgesic, kills harmful microorganisms, reduces inflammation and heals the skin. Also works well Eplan, which reduces itching and reduces the effect of chemical stimuli.
- Pastes - dried drying areas. They contain oxides of such metals as zinc and titanium.
- Preparations in the form of aerosols - thanks to the water base are very convenient to use and easily distributed over the skin.
Here are some examples of nonhormonal outdoor substances:
- Sin-cap - drugs produced in various forms (nebulizers, shampoos), which are excellent in fighting inflammatory processes with a minimum of side effects;
- zinc ointment is an inexpensive means that dries wet areas, reduces inflammatory changes and kills pathogenic bacteria;
- Bepanten is an anti-inflammatory ointment that also heals and moisturizes the skin;
- Fenistil Gel is an effective antihistamine gel that is directed against atopy in the skin.
Hormone medications for external use
These medicines are:
- Celestoderm is a medicine that is based on a hormone and an antibiotic. Used for inflammation of the skin, psoriasis, various rashes. Contraindicated during pregnancy, in children up to six months, with skin diseases caused by viruses, fungi.
- Flucinar is a highly effective hormonal ointment used in especially neglected situations when the skin is over-dried (seborrhea, psoriasis). Do not use in children under 2 years.
- Akriderm - a cream that is difficult to replace with dermatitis, obtained under the influence of professional allergens at work.
- Advantan is a medication that is not contraindicated for children and helps with rashes.
Hormones quickly and effectively eliminate itching and rashes, so in many cases, their reasonable use helps patients. The main thing is to select hormone-containing drugs under the strict guidance of the attending physician.
Means for internal use
Tablets that help with allergic dermatitis affect not only the skin, but also the body as a whole.They are appointed by the doctor and are usually used for severe forms of the disease. These drugs include antihistamine tablets, which are prescribed most often, systemic hormones and immunosuppressants, which are used only in the most severe cases.
Let's consider them in more detail:
- Antihistamine tablets. They are divided into three generations. The older ones (Suprastin, Dimedrol) affect the second, pathochemical, stage of allergy (histamine release by obese cells) and have such side effects as drowsiness and fatigue, so they do not fit well all. The last generation (Cetrin, Erius) blocks receptors for histamine in tissues, affecting the third, pathophysiological, stage and does not have such side effects.
- Systemic hormones. They take off allergy and inflammation at the level of the whole organism. Apply very carefully, because they are not only able to disrupt the normal hormonal background, but also reduce immunity. These include Dexamethasone, Hydrocortisone and Prednisolone.
- Immunosuppressive drugs. These medicines for allergies are considered a means of desperation, when no other treatment helps, and skin manifestations continue to torment the patient. They slow down the reproduction of cells of the immune system, as well as the reproduction of other cells of the body. Thus, they significantly reduce immunity and have a number of other negative effects. These include cyclophosphamide, Azathioprine, Daclizumab.
Folk recipes and diet.
These methods are not a full-fledged treatment and can only be used in combination with medications.
Since in folk recipes with allergic dermatitis there are plant ingredients, they can intensify allergies, so you need to carefully monitor the condition of your body with their use.
Consider some herbal remedies and their effects:
- As antipruritic and moisturizing recipes, sometimes fresh apple and cucumber juices are used.
- Decoctions from the bark of oak fight against microorganisms well.
- The aloe extract has an anti-inflammatory effect and removes the rash.
- Various oils of plant origin can moisturize the skin.
- Inside take the juice from celery, infusion of dandelion and other broths.
With allergies from the diet exclude those products that caused the disease.
It is necessary to limit the intake of salt, to refuse from alcoholic beverages, since they can aggravate the course of the allergy.
Also, it is worthwhile to get a notebook in which they must contribute all the foods eaten, in order to understand which of them causes rashes.
Carrying out the above actions and selecting yourself a suitable means for internal use, you can be sure that the disease will soon recede..