The causes of ring-shaped lichen, diagnosis and treatment
Ring-shaped lichen is one of the varieties of pink lichen. The causes of the occurrence are not fully understood. The opinions of specialists on this subject were divided..
Ring-shaped lichen and pink lichen are related ailments. Some scientists believe that they appear from the effects of the skin fungus, which lives on the surface of the human skin. Others suggest that the disorders occur inside the bacterial flora, and from here already there is a disease. Ring-shaped lichen, like pink, sometimes does not require treatment and passes by itself.
- 1Causes of appearance
- 3Treatment and prevention
Causes of appearanceRing-shaped lichen is an atypical form of pink lichen..
The disease occurs for a number of reasons:
- nervous exhaustion of the body;
- change in climatic conditions;
- disturbance of the immune system.
Immunity may be reduced in the following cases:
- bad habits;
- toxic effects of harmful substances;
- presence of chronic diseases of internal organs;
- long-term use of antibiotics.
Can I get a circular ringworm from another person? The etiology of pink lichen is not fully known.
Opinions are divided:
- Some doctors suggest that this is an allergic reaction of the body to anything.
- Other experts claim that this is streptococcal infection.
- The third group tends to the theory that the causative agent is a virus of unknown origin.
Officially, none of the versions is confirmed. Data on the disease belong to the area of an infectious-allergic nature. Lishay Vidal, also called ring-shaped lichen, has a similar specificity with pink lichen. Since pink lichen is not contagious, physicians suggest that this form is also not clean.
Cases of the appearance of the disease within the same family in several people immediately happened. But medicine suggests that this is a genetic factor or the occurrence of the same allergic reaction in all family members to any pathogen.
This disease is manifested by spots on the skin, sometimes reaching large sizes (up to 8 cm in diameter). Round lichen Vidala has a pinkish-beige color and passes through several stages of development.
Stages of formation:
- Constant itching. At this stage, there is an itch in the evening or at night, and the skin areas where it appears are absolutely healthy. Itching appears in the same places.
- In the second stage, the skin becomes denser, papules that form above the normal skin are formed. They have a shiny surface, the shape of the built-up edge has no clear boundaries. Transformation of the skin is due to systematic scratching. This process is called lichenification. The skin in these places becomes stiff, rough, dry. Skin pattern is more pronounced.
- The last stage is called diffuse lichenification. Above the surface of the skin are formed "discs" with thickened skin. The color of the rising spot is pink-brown. On the lichen, parallel furrows are clearly seen intersecting with each other. They are laid deep enough. Often these neoplasms are covered with crusts, scaly dry skin, abrasions. In these places the skin is very dehydrated, it is dense and dry.
Unfortunately, this type of deprivation sometimes lasts for years. Usually the peak of appearance is in the spring and autumn. After the disappearance, stains remain on the skin. Another feature of depriving Vidal is the number. As a rule, one person does not have more than 3 huge spots.
Sometimes illnesses intersect. That is at the same time there can be pink zigzira and ring-shaped lichen Vidal.
Favorite places of appearance:
- the neck (Vidal's lichen strikes the skin from behind);
- genital organs;
- joint articulation area.
Treatment and prevention.
With annular deprivation, as with pink, special treatment is not provided. Often these lichen spots disappear on their own for some time. In life, it is recommended to follow certain rules.
For the disease to quickly leave the body, follow these recommendations:
- It is forbidden to take a bath, you can wash yourself in the shower, without using coarse sponges. For body washing it is better to choose soft means. For example, a children's gel. Do not overdry the skin with adult cosmetology products for bathing.
- If there is lichen, categorically it is impossible to be with the open stains on the sun. Danger of direct exposure to sunlight. If the stain is under clothing, then there is nothing terrible.
- Avoid overheating and overcooling.
- Physical loads during this period should be moderate.
- For the period of exacerbation of the disease it will be sensible to abandon synthetic materials for clothing and bedding.
Also, products of high allergenic risk should be discarded:
- citrus fruits;
- cocoa products.
With severe itching, funds with antihistamine effect are prescribed:
- Suprastin, etc.
For treatment, preparations containing zinc can be used. For example, Tsindol. It will reduce itching, relieve inflammation and soothe irritated skin.
To strengthen immunity, vitamins are prescribed:
- Bio-Max, etc.
To raise immunity it is possible the natural immunostimulants, such as:
Be sure to make walks in the fresh air, include in your regime feasible physical activity, less nervous.
With this disease you can learn to coexist peacefully. Sometimes it is possible to achieve a stable remission for many years..