How to distinguish herpes?
How to determine herpes and distinguish it, for example, from syphilis or rashes with other dermatological diseases, doctors will prompt. External description of the disease on the skin is in many respects similar to various pathologies. But the bubbles on the lips or body can be distinguished from syphilis or eczema, without conducting a specialized medical examination. To understand that the vesicles that have arisen are signs of the herpes simplex virus will be possible for everyone if they know what it is..
- 1Causes of the appearance of ailment
- 2Varieties of the virus
- 3Stages of development and progression of infection
- 4Differences in symptoms of herpes from other diseases
- 5The difference between rashes with syphilis and herpes
- 6Differences in symptoms with measles and rubella
Causes of the appearance of ailment.
Infection manifests itself in women, men and has the appearance of rashes. Although this is not the only type of symptoms that are inherent in viral pathology. Infection with herpes has many facets. Therefore, to guess that this is herpes, and not something else, it is quite simple. The smell, appearance, soreness, color and size of the rashes - all these are the optimal indicators with which you can determine the ailment.
The virus that actively multiplies in the human body, could get there in various ways. The most common of these is the contact one.
At the same time, for a long time, he can not announce himself until the moment when the immune system does not cause a malfunction in the body. An infection can appear on different parts of the body.
The progression of the disease begins with such symptoms:
- general malaise;
- slight tingling on the lips (if the vesicle should manifest there);
- sensation of itching and burning;
Varieties of the virus
The aggravation and severity of the disease largely depends on what type of herpes virus is diagnosed in the blood. The class appearance of the virus also determines how it will be manifested. What does herpes look like, what are its main differences from syphilis? Questions that cause people to worry in earnest.
The most common types of virus in adult men, women, and children:
- Herpes of type 1 - those same vesicles and a rash around the mouth and lips. They do not smell. This disease is transmitted through any biological fluid of a person. May damage the mucous membrane of the eyes.
- Genital herpes. It is a virus (type 2), passes from person to person during unprotected sexual contact. Appearance of each acne (how many of them can be, largely depends on the severity and form of the disease) resembles a huge acne. Since the contents of the genital vesicles inside the white color, with an outbreak there is an unpleasant purulent smell.
- 3 type of herpes. Shingles or chickenpox - most often observed in children. Description of the initial stage of the disease necessarily implies the presence of numerous rashes. The appearance of each pimple is more like a blister or a translucent bubble, but there is no smell at all. In children, chickenpox is tolerated more easily than in adult men and women.
Both the first and second type of disease can be combined into one group of herpes simplex viruses. After appearing on the lips, in case of complication, the infection can go to the mucous membranes, cause diseases such as tonsillitis or stomatitis.
Stages of development and progression of infection.
Simple herpes, present in the blood of more than half of today's residents, is not immediately apparent on the body. After the virus settles in the human body, it remains there forever. Infection occurs after a while. To do this, very little is needed - just a weakened immunity. The incubation period is the time of the latent course of the disease, it can last about six months. Begin the treatment of the virus as early as possible, even with herpes without symptoms.
Viral infection, i.e. a simple type, manifests itself in several stages:
- Infection. Direct entry into the body of the virus. Infection in the blood of children, adult men and women does not immediately reveal itself, the infection does not cause any symptoms. The presence of pathogenic microorganisms and their active reproduction in the blood, no one even knows. The person can not assume, where and under what conditions he could contact the patient, as a result of which the infection occurred.
- Scabies of the skin. The first two days of infection lasts this stage of the disease. Determine the signs of pathology and denote a simple herpes can only the doctor during the examination. The patient should tell him about what feelings he feels, whether there is burning, constriction, itching, chills. Affected places on the body are clearly hyperemic. After consultation, a specialist will prescribe an antiviral external treatment.
- The appearance of vesicles on the body. The lesion of the skin looks like a rash filled inside with a cloudy opaque liquid. How long this manifestation of the disease lasts is difficult to say, but on average, doctors call from 2 to 4 days. Each sore is small in size. To localize a rash in women or men is not difficult, vesicles occur on specific areas of the skin grouped. Of small bubbles, one may appear large. Such a bump can cause more discomfort and discomfort.
- Stage of lop-rash. Instead of bubbles on the body, there are erosive fossa and grooves that look like holes. The rash bursts about 4-5 days after the onset of the illness.
- Formation of a surface crust on the site of rashes. Contact with the air affects the wounds from the bubbles, causing them to become covered with a hard crust. It can form a small bump, itching sensation. Chills and burning sensation are quite natural in this case. The skin odor coming from the place of the former bubbles is unpleasant. If the drying wound is damaged, a slight appearance of blood may occur. This stage of the disease lasts about 3 days.
- The healing period. It begins 8-10 days after the virus penetrates. Affected areas of skin on the human body can be quite painful. Although by this time the sensations of burning and chills usually pass in adult patients. In men and women who have undergone a simple type of viral infection, there will be no trace of the rash, if not combing the ulcers. Otherwise, a small cone may appear in the place of the bubbles.
Differences in symptoms of herpes from other diseases
Infection in men or women in the blood is manifested absolutely the same. Exacerbation of the viral pathology allows you to immediately determine the type of herpes. Symptoms on the patient's body are painful, and the rash itself causes a lot of discomfort. A simple form of herpes is often confused with the symptoms of other infectious ailments. On what grounds the infection is determined, what differentiates it from syphilis and other diseases is worth knowing to everyone.
In addition, if you characterize the type of rash with smallpox and herpes, the difference becomes obvious. In the case of the shingling type of the virus, extensive rash spots are formed, the pimples are larger. In both vesicles, serous exudate is present. But with chicken pox it has an unpleasant sharp smell, chills and pain are felt clearly pronounced.
The difference between rashes with syphilis and herpes
To distinguish herpes from other infections in the blood, for example, from syphilis can be on such grounds:
- Presence or absence of chancre. Hard, like a cone erosive layer, is huge in syphilis.
- High body temperature. In comparison with syphilis, which not so long ago was considered incurable to the end of the disease, exacerbation of herpes in the form of rashes on the mucous membranes, lips or genitals rarely causes fever. In case of confirmation of syphilis, chills in patients with men and women are practically constant.
- Soreness of the rashes. With syphilis, every cone is always sore. Herpes vesicles cause discomfort only during touching. In addition, the erosion cone is always of the same shape - round or oval.
- Unpleasant smell of rashes. Shinka chancra has a bright red color and clear boundaries, it smells rotten and sharp. To diagnose syphilis, additional serological tests and several blood tests are necessary.
Despite the similarity of the symptoms of syphilis in the early stages with herpes, there is a main difference between them. A simple type of virus runs much faster, the aggravation affects only one organ or specific places on the body. Lesions of the lips and face are very likely when engaged in oral sex.
Differences in symptoms with measles and rubella
The difference between herpes and measles is the nature of the rash.
If syphilis is characterized by a solid cone in the form of chancre, then when the measles becomes infected, small pimples occur step by step. The localization of their appearance is quite natural: 4 days after the onset of the disease (from the moment the infection got into the body of a child or an adult) small bubbles arise first behind the ears, then on the face in the area the nose bridge.
The smell of the rash is elusive, a couple of days after the appearance of acne, it is actively spread to the whole body. In men and women, rashes can become saturated brown. In a couple of days the rash begins to actively pigment, peel, just like with herpes.
Such a disease, like rubella, has similar symptoms, especially at an early stage of the pathology. Infection makes itself felt literally on the second day after infection. The eruptions are not rigid, in comparison with the manifestations of syphilis (bright red chancre, with pressure - a hard lump). They are uncharacteristic of any smell - it is rather neutral. On the body the rash does not last long - about 4 days. Then it disappears without a trace, leaving no spots or peeling..