Why does a warty nevus appear and is it dangerous?
Warty nevus - pigmented formation on the skin. Its feature is the elevation above its surface. Strange appearance frightens people, they are very worried about the nature of the stain. According to dermatologists, any mole can provoke cancer, but certain conditions are necessary for transformation. Verrux nevus does not differ from usual and the risk of appearance of a malignant tumor in this case is not higher..
- 1Appearance of education
- 2Dangerous signs of transformation, diagnosis
- 3Therapy and precautions
Appearance of education.
To date, it is not completely known why such birthmarks appear. What is dangerous is a cutaneous growth that worries many people.
The conducted researches made it possible to establish a number of factors capable of influencing this process:
- genetic predisposition;
- endocrine diseases;
- negative effects during embryonic development;
- autoimmune pathologies;
- periods of hormonal changes (sexual maturation, pregnancy, etc.);
- unfavorable ecological situation;
- influence of sun rays;
- various injuries of the skin.
The main part is formed in younger children, on average up to 2 years. But in some people this can happen much later. It is believed that the prosthetic nevus requires close attention, because it is more prone to degeneration of cells.
Warty formations are of two types:
- Localized. They occur in the form of one or several growths located close to each other. They have clearly delineated boundaries. On average, their diameter is less than 1 cm, sometimes there are larger varieties.
- System. Such skin growths consist of individual spots that are located along and can occupy quite extensive surfaces.
Depending on the structure of the nevus:
- Intradermal. Refers to benign formations, almost never transformed into melanoma. In most cases, it is a congenital skin defect.
- Papillomatous. Such a prosthetic nevus appears immediately after birth or later. Significantly rises above the surface and looks like a papilloma. Rarely it is malignant.
- Melanocyte-dysplastic. Dangerous warty birthmark. Outwardly it looks like a blurry spot in the center rising above the surface. It is most often localized on the head. Most of the interviewed patients identified relatives with similar problems. It is proved that the influence of the sun and solarium leads to a malignant transformation in melanoma.
All growths can differ in shape, color, size. Their surface is homogeneous or tuberous. Hair inside the mole is normal.
Dangerous signs of transformation, diagnosisAny warty nevus can become a malignant melanoma.
The risk group includes those with education:
- often exposed to sunlight or artificial rays (in the solarium);
- periodically injured;
- has a melanocyte-dysplastic structure;
- appeared in a fairly mature age.
It often happens that a warty nevus begins to suddenly change, which requires compulsory medical control.
- a rapid increase in size;
- blurring the boundaries;
- the appearance of hair;
- change in color, structure;
Such complaints should be the reason for contacting a doctor (dermatologist or oncologist).
After gathering the necessary information, a specialist will visually assess the warty nevus and give direction for the examination.
It can include:
- general and biochemical analyzes;
- diagnostics of specific cancer proteins in the blood;
- Ultrasound, MRI.
Often this is enough to make an accurate diagnosis. In disputable cases, the list can be supplemented at the discretion of the doctor.
Therapy and precautions.
All patients with a warty nevus should be aware that independent treatment can lead to serious consequences. All suspicious formations must be removed.
This procedure can be performed using one of the following methods:
- Classical operation. The defect is excised with a part of healthy tissues. The sample is sent for histology to identify malignant cells. If they are not found on the cut - treatment is considered successful, otherwise the second operation is required.
- Cryotherapy. Elimination by freezing. Does not leave scars, but does not allow to remove the birthmark entirely and to do the analysis.
- Laser. A verucous nevus is removed by a beam having a high temperature. If you follow the recommendations, there is no scarring, however, you can not remove large stains in one session. It is impossible to study the tissues.
All methods have their disadvantages and advantages. If it is a diagnosis of "skin cancer then the standard surgical intervention will be the only way out, although it leaves scars.
If the wart is benign, but causes fear, you can use other methods if time allows. All decisions about the choice of treatment are made by the doctor.
Patients should remember that warty birthmarks:
- Do not stay in the open sun, especially from 11 to 16. The solarium is contraindicated.
- Which are regularly injured (comb, bra and other), should be removed.
- You can not eliminate yourself.
- Changing their shape, color and other can be dangerous.
If a vertebral nevus is present on the skin, then in 90% of cases it is not dangerous. Careful care, the absence of injuries, although it does not guarantee the absence of problems, but reduces them to a minimum. Permanent damage to the skin at the site of melanocyte accumulation can adversely affect its structure and become the beginning of a terrible disease..