What to do if a girl has red lips
Redness of the labia in the child is mainly manifested and becomes the first symptom in the development of gynecological disease in girls under 9 years old. The pathology must be quickly eliminated. Sexual organs that have changed color can lead to serious complications and affect the reproductive function of the future woman..
- 1Classification of children's ailment
- 2Symptomatic and clinical picture
- 3Diagnostic methods
- 4Treatment and prevention
Classification of children's ailment.
Vulvitis is an inflammation developing in the vagina. The name came from the vulva.
It unites several groups of external organs of the reproductive system:
- lips (small and large);
- entrance to the urethra;
- entrance to the vagina.
Vulvit is rarely seen as an independent ailment, often goes as a concomitant. The name of pathology in medicine is vulvovaginitis. Classify the disease by several parameters.
- Acute form: month.
- Subacute: there is an alternation of improvements and worsening, lasts up to 3 months.
- Chronic: lasts for many years.
- infancy: up to a year;
- childhood: up to 8 years;
- prepubertal: from 8 years before the onset of menstruation;
- puberty: after menarche.
Nature of the disease:
- Infectious species is caused by pathogenic and conditional microbial formations.
- Non-infectious species is caused due to trauma or foreign bodies in the vagina, a burn, an allergic reaction, an incorrect metabolism.
The disease can have other classifications. Infectious diseases can be specific and nonspecific. In addition, vulvitis is divided into primary and secondary processes. The focus of infection can come from other pathologies that have affected the child's body.
Symptomatic and clinical picture
The main symptom of acute vulvitis is redness on the labia of the child. In addition, there is swelling. The irritation passes to the entire groin area, rises to the hips.
Symptoms of vulvitis:
- burning in the crotch;
- pain when urinating;
- erosion and ulcers (nonspecific form);
- unpleasant sensations during movements and touches.
The child changes behavior: becomes irritable, tearful, restless. The girls try to touch and comb the labia. All sensations bring discomfort. A particular sign of the disease is the allocation of leucorrhoea.
Their nature depends on the form and type of the disease:
- Infectious appearance, the cause - infection with E. coli. Allocations have yellow and green colors, the smell is similar to feces.
- Staphylococcal form. If they were yellow, viscous, a viscous consistency.
- Candy-like appearance. The discharge is whitish, dense and similar in structure to cottage cheese.
Sometimes doctors detect a change in the standard set of symptoms:
- enlarged lymph nodes;
- elevated temperature;
- lack of sleep;
- increased excitability and irritability.
The chronic appearance is characterized by a decrease in the activity of the symptoms. Puffiness decreases, the skin does not turn so bright red, the discharge and itching remain.
Diagnostic methods. The basic procedures of the examination are conducted by the pediatrician, but the gynecologist is entrusted with the treatment and accompaniment of the therapeutic complex. A pediatric specialist on genital diseases will study the anamnesis and will conduct an analysis of the child's complaints.
Methods to determine the causes of vulvitis is enough to find an effective way to eliminate the disease.
The basic stages of verification:
- Visual examination: redness, swelling, examination of discharge.
- Instrumental methods: vulva vaginoscopy. Vaginoscopy is mandatory for the removal of foreign objects.
- Laboratory: microscopic examination of the smear, bakosev on the flora of the mucous membranes of the vagina. The possibility of allergy to antibiotics is checked.
- Experimental methods (PCR): a study of the content of scrapings of microflora.
- Standard: a general analysis of the composition of urine, blood.
- Additional: feces for the presence of bacterial formations and helminths, bacterial filling of urine.
In complex cases, doctors work as a group. Help other children's specialists, such as endocrinologist, allergist, gastroenterologist.
Treatment and prevention
The complex of medicines is aimed at eliminating the focus of inflammation. Together with this, the causes that caused the illness are also removed. Treatment is based on the implementation of various procedures.
- Baths with tinctures of medicinal herbs: therapeutic daisy, flowers of St. John's wort, calendula.
- The girl is washed by external female organs with solutions with antiseptic compositions. Suitable for potassium permanganate and furacilin.
- Sanitation of the internal vaginal cavity area with the help of special devices (irrigator).
- Anti-inflammatory drugs. Treatment with ointment and gel mixtures, use of suppositories, sedatives.
- Bacterial form requires the use of antibacterial compounds.
- Fungal forms are supplemented with local agents.
- Vulvovaginitis - surgical measures.
- Glistular invasion is built on deworming.
To eliminate the possibility of developing inflammation, a preventive package of measures is carried out. Children from an early age are taught to be neat. Performing basic hygiene procedures will guarantee the purity and inability to penetrate viruses and microbes.
Hygiene is built on the usual care of sponges before going to bed after cleansing the bowels (defecation). Girls are taught to wash themselves so that water does not drain into the body. For kids, they buy individual hygiene products: soap, washcloths, towels. Teach that to use only its accessories. Change them, wash them and dry them.
In addition to compliance with hygiene rules, girls are advised to be attentive to clothing and nutrition. Fabrics should be quality, free and clean. The food is balanced and useful.
The implementation of simple rules will avoid inflammation of the vagina, do not know what vulvitis is..