Whether surgical excision of a birthmark and a nevus is dangerous
In medicine, a variety of operations are used, for example, surgical removal of a birthmark. Nevuses and other formations on the skin sometimes cause great inconvenience, not to mention the aesthetic side. But in some cases, birthmarks can degenerate into malignant tumors, the consequences can then be very unpleasant. Therefore, patients quite often wish to get rid of them. Removing nevi by surgery is often the procedure used. But does it have contraindications, what consequences can there be?.
- 1How is the
- 2Indications and contraindications
- 3Advantages and disadvantages
How is the.
How to remove moles surgically? Before considering this issue, you should talk about preparing for the operation. Initially, a survey is conducted to identify possible contraindications. Also, a blood coagulability test should be performed. If the patient is doing well with his health, then you can proceed to the procedure itself.
Removing moles surgically is one of the earliest methods of solving problems of this kind. The procedure itself requires the introduction of local anesthesia, since it is painful. The operation, depending on the complexity, can last from forty minutes to one hour.
There are two main technologies for surgical removal of the nevus, namely:
- Resection of a birthmark without suturing. In this case, the excision of the nevus is performed using a scalpel with a cut just below the surface of the skin. When bleeding occurs, moxibustion and treatment of the site with antiseptic agents are carried out.
- With the application of seams. This method is used by the surgeon in the event that the birthmark is flat. Here the cut is done much deeper than the level of the skin surface. As a result, not only the formation itself, but also surrounding tissues is removed. After the operation, a seam is applied using bioresorbable threads.
Whichever methods are used, in any case, surgery should be performed by a surgeon. Remove birthmark should be only in a medical clinic, and not use the services of a beauty salon. Before the operation, the doctor should conduct a survey and decide whether such an intervention is necessary.
Indications and contraindications
Any medical effect on the body should not be carried out without the advice of a doctor. Removal of moles surgically is prescribed only according to their indications.
Such an operation can be carried out for the following reasons:
- if the formation is located in a site where it is constantly exposed to injury;
- with the growth of the birthmark, its deep penetration into the skin, or if it began to disintegrate;
- when there is bleeding from the nevus.
In some cases, surgical removal of moles is contraindicated. This includes, first and foremost, the period of gestation and breastfeeding. It is also undesirable to carry out this type of intervention in exacerbation of chronic diseases, the presence of inflammatory processes in the body and exacerbation of herpes. In addition, removal of the nevus by surgery is not performed if the skin is affected by the infection.
Advantages and disadvantages.
You can remove the birthmark by different methods. Each of them has its own positive and negative sides.
The advantages of surgical intervention include the following:
- By this method, in contrast to the radio wave method, it is possible to remove the formation of any quantity. Even if it penetrated deeply into the skin.
- Great efficiency. The mole will be deleted in one procedure.
- The re-emergence of education is almost one hundred percent ruled out. In surgical intervention, the mole is removed completely, even with a small area of surrounding tissue.
- Many are interested in the question: is it dangerous to remove a birthmark with the involvement of surgeons. The operation is performed in sterile stationary conditions. And this means that the risk of complication or infection is practically reduced to zero.
In addition, you must follow certain rules in the postoperative period. In order not to cause dangerous consequences for health and there was no relapse, it is necessary to use the recommendations of a doctor. First of all, it concerns strict hygiene and refusal from exposure to ultraviolet (solar baths and solarium). But these rules must be observed only for a while - until the healing site is completely healed.
In addition, gradually in place of the removed nevus a crust is formed. Rip it in any case impossible. After 5-10 days, she herself will disappear. This will talk about the full healing of the wound after surgery.
After surgery, a hemorrhage may form under the skin. This consequence disappears after one or two weeks. The patient can also feel pain for a long time in the area of the removed mole. But in general, serious consequences, and most importantly, relapse in this method are extremely rare..