Low blood cholesterol levels: what does it mean and how is it dangerous?
Cholesterol plays an important role in the body, and deviations from the norm sometimes have serious health consequences. Much attention is paid to high levels of cholesterol, but what it threatens with, if low cholesterol, is thought little. We will tell you what are the consequences of lowering cholesterol in the body, the symptoms and causes of this phenomenon.
- Cholesterol Functions
- Low blood cholesterol: what does it mean
- Symptoms that have decreased blood cholesterol
function;foodCholesterol is not “harmful” to a person, as is commonly mistakenly believed. On the contrary, it is a very valuable and important substance, and only an excess of cholesterol can harm the body. Low cholesterol in the blood can also cause disruptions in the body, since cholesterol is involved in many vital processes:
- The formation of hormones, including sex hormones;
- Protect cells against free radical oxidation;
- Participation in the transformation of sunlight into vitamin D;
- Production of bile salts necessary for successful digestion;
- Participation in the work of serotonin;
- Strengthening of the intestinal wall;
- Construction of cells.
In other words, lowered cholesterol can cause a violation of any of these or all functions at once. And what is the risk of high cholesterol, read the link http: //vseproanalizy.ru/ povyishenniy-holesterin.htmlto contents ↑
Lowered cholesterol in the blood: what does it mean
Speaking of medical language, lowered cholesterol, that is, hypocholesterolemia means a decrease, showing a decrease, or a decrease in cholesterol, a decrease in cholesterol, a decrease in cholesterol, a decrease in cholesterol.4.6 mmol / l. Normally, cholesterol should be in the range of 180-230 mg / dL, and the ideal value is 200 mg / dL.
Low cholesterol increases the risk of various diseases several times. For example, the risk of addiction to alcohol or drugs increases by 5 times in people with low cholesterol, and the probability of depression increases by 2 times. This is due to the fact that the emotional stability of a person depends on the level of cholesterol in particular. Cholesterol is lower than normal, according to studies, can even bring a person to suicidal thoughts.
In addition, the diseases that low blood cholesterol can provoke are the following:
- Infertility and decreased sexual desire;
- Chronic indigestion;
- Intestinal permeability;
- High thyroid hormone production;
- Vitamin A, D, E, K deficiency;
- Hemorrhagic stroke( impaired blood circulation in the brain region, which leads to vascular damage and bleeding in the brain).
The last item and the above depressions most clearly demonstrate the effects of low cholesterol. Lack of cholesterol can lead to death from both the physical and psychological side.to table of contents ↑
Since cholesterol is produced by the liver and comes from food, the two main reasons are related to these two factors:
- Liver disease. In virtually any liver dysfunction, cholesterol levels deviate from the norm. This happens mostly because of the impaired production of the so-called "good" cholesterol, which we described in more detail in other articles.
- Incorrect power supply. Long-term diets, ill-conceived vegetarianism, anorexia, and a low-fat diet with plenty of sweets are among the factors that lower cholesterol.
- Frequent stress;
- Heavy metal poisoning;
- Disruption of food absorption;
- Infectious Fever Disease;
- Hereditary hypocholesterolemia.
The causes can be completely different, but most of them can be affected medically.to contents ↑
Signs thatis lowered in blood cholesterol
Of course, the most obvious and reliable symptom is the result of a blood test for lipid profile. But you can find a few more signs of low cholesterol before going to the doctor.
- Body weakness;
- Excessive aggression or apathy;
- Weak appetite;
- Swollen lymph nodes;
- Oil excrement;
- Reduced sexual activity.
But even if you have( or think you have) all these symptoms, you should not start the treatment yourself without first giving the analysis and going to the doctor.to contents ↑
Since low cholesterol can even be fatal, in no case can self-medicate. Firstly, it is necessary to find out and, if possible, eliminate the cause that caused such a deviation from the norm. This must be done together with your doctor, based on accurate diagnostic data.
Secondly, it is important to review your diet. In this case, you do not need to consume "mountains" of cholesterol, trying to fill its deficiency. So you can make it worse. It is necessary not to overdo with butter, fried food, at least for a while to give up the sweet and flour.
Thirdly, whenever possible it is worth making changes in your life: start playing sports, get carried away with proper nutrition, take a regular rest and restore sleep and nutrition.
If you have questions about what it means - low cholesterol, ask them in the comments.
God bless you!