Low hemoglobin in women: causes and symptoms of a decline
Hemoglobin is a kind of combination of protein and iron in the blood, its main function is to transport oxygen, a bundle of carbon dioxide and deliver it to the lungs. Low hemoglobin is also called anemia or anemia. Low hemoglobin in women is a condition of the blood in which the number of bloody red bodies is significantly reduced, i.e.red blood cells. In our country, millions of people experience this phenomenon, pregnant women, children under 5 years old, adolescents, and the elderly are especially vulnerable. In this article we will look at the causes of low hemoglobin in women, how to raise the level and prevent possible pathological disorders?
- Normal blood levels of
- Symptoms and signs of low hemoglobin
- Causes of hemoglobin decrease
- What is the danger of low hemoglobin for women
- How to increase hemoglobin?
Normal blood level of
The limits of the hemoglobin rate differ by gender, age and other individual human characteristics. This indicator is measured in grams per liter.
The rates of hemoglobin in men are different from those for women. So, for a woman, hemoglobin is considered normal if its level in the interval is from 120 to 150 g / l, for men - from 130 to 170 g / l.
During pregnancy, the limits of the norm are slightly reduced from 110 to 140 g / l, but often the rate may be even lower by 2-3 trimesters, hemoglobin 90-100 in a woman in an interesting position may be the norm due to the active use of iron by the body, butat the discretion of the physician may be assigned to special drugs that support and restore the level. Read more at http: //vseproanalizy.ru/ kak-povyisit-gemoglobin-pri-beremennosti.htmlto contents ↑
Symptoms and signs of low hemoglobin
To determine the degree and level of your hemoglobin, it is enough to pass a complete blood count, and find out the result already the next day..But, to unplanned surrender, you may be prompted by some signs of low hemoglobin in women, namely:
- muscle weakness;
- fatigue and drowsiness;
- shortness of breath;
- headache and dizziness;
- heart palpitations;
- lowering blood pressure;
- in rare cases of fainting, changes in taste and smell.
But it should be noted that these signs and symptoms of low hemoglobin in women may not be clearly expressed, and a person may not be disturbed by anything, she learns about the presence of anemia by chance.to contents ↑
Causes of hemoglobin decrease
The hemoglobin level cannot fall by itself, there must be some reason for this. The main reasons for the decrease in hemoglobin in the blood of women:
- Malnutrition, namely, insufficient consumption of products with iron content. Anemia is often observed in vegetarians and women, often sitting on strict one-component diets. Although iron deficiency can be a congenital phenomenon. Iron deficiency can provoke strange taste preferences in a person, for example, one wants chalk and clay.
- Iron absorption. It so happens that iron enters the body in sufficient quantity, but due to the lack of certain enzymes and vitamins, it simply does not linger. Such catalysts are almost all B vitamins( B1, B6, B9, B12), vitamin C and P. Especially important for the synthesis of hemoglobin is B9, or folic acid. Causes of low hemoglobin in women may be associated with problems of the digestive tract and due to the low activity of enzymes.
- Inflammatory or infectious diseases. Low hemoglobin can be triggered by such diseases as chronic hemorrhoids, varicose veins, hidden bleeding in ulcers, gastritis or in the pathologies of female genital organs( cysts, fibroids, etc.), constant bleeding of the gums.
- A large blood loss in a short period of time causes anemia. Usually occurs after operations, with bleeding wounds and injuries, after childbirth or abortion. Abundant menstruation, which lasts more than 5 days, also falls into this category.
- Frequent systematic blood donation or personnel donation. The fact is that in such a situation, the blood does not have time to resume.
The causes of hemoglobin decrease in women are very diverse. In some cases, the level below the norm is an individual feature. If hemoglobin 115 in a woman is constant, while she feels great, no action should be taken.to contents ↑
Why low hemoglobin is dangerous for women
During iron deficiency anemia, there are quite unpleasant signs of low hemoglobin in women. Appearing malaise and weakness makes it difficult to fully engage in their daily activities, and significantly reduced performance.
In addition, with low hemoglobin, a woman has external illnesses and defects. Hair becomes thin, dry and brittle, nails constantly break, the plate is devoid of healthy color and shine, skin and lips become very pale and often peel off.
A decrease in hemoglobin results in a decrease in immunity, after which the body fights against diseases for a longer time and is more difficult to recover, even if we are talking about a normal ARVI.
A particular danger is low hemoglobin during pregnancy, as this can adversely affect the health, well-being of women and the development of the fetus. In this situation, you can face such complications as a decrease in the tone or contractile function of the uterus, diligence of the placenta, hypoxia in a child, or even cessation of its development. In addition, such a condition may be the cause of premature birth, and as a result, a premature or underdeveloped child, low body weight, disorders of the nervous or respiratory systems.
A slight decrease in hemoglobin can be solved with the help of the correct diet and vitamin intake, after a few months the situation should get better.to contents ↑
How to increase hemoglobin?
A doctor can advise you on how to raise your hemoglobin levels, renewing your iron deficiency with special medications. The most well-known, widespread and besides delicious means is the use of hematogen. In more severe cases, vitamin complexes or intramuscular injections are prescribed, for example vitamin B9 and B12.
But, you can usually compensate for the iron deficiency by creating a balanced diet for yourself and a proper diet. For more information on nutrition to increase hemoglobin, see http: //vseproanalizy.ru/ pitanie-pri-nizkom-gemoglobine.html
the following products:
- Fish, seafood, any caviar;
- Red meats, ex.beef, veal or rabbit meat;
- Beef tongue, kidney and liver;
- Chicken Breast;
- Buckwheat, oatmeal;
- Legumes: peas and beans;
- Vegetables: beets, potatoes, tomatoes, broccoli, onions and pumpkins;
- Fruits: peach, apple, kiwi, pomegranate, citrus, berries
- Walnuts, dried fruits( dried apricots, raisins, dried apricots), you can make a mix of everything.
You can make juices from vegetables and fruits, especially preferring freshly squeezed green apples, carrots, pumpkin and pomegranates( after all, the iron contained in it is completely absorbed in the body).
Brew and drink tea and fruit drinks from the hips, which is rich not only in iron, but also in vitamin C, which, as we know, helps it to digest.
In order for hemoglobin to be always in order, the iron norm in the blood for women must be equal to 9–30 μmol / liter, which is approximately 15–20 mg of iron per day, during the period of menstruation more iron-containing products must be taken.
If you can’t independently determine the reason why low hemoglobin levels in the blood of women are for a long time, it is recommended to visit a gynecologist, a gastroenterologist, an infectiologist, a nephrologist to find out.
Eat right, stay healthy!