The rate of ESR in the blood of men
A blood test can provide, if not complete, then a sufficient amount of information about the health of the body. Therefore, it is very important to take it correctly, because even a small deviation from the established norms and rules, prior to blood donation, can affect the result.
In general, the analysis of blood can meet such a thing as "ESR."This is an abbreviation of the medical term "erythrocyte sedimentation rate".This is an important indicator, as it reacts to inflammatory processes and physiological changes occurring in the body. Let's try to figure out what the rate of soe in the blood of men.
When analyzing blood for ESR, the rate for men is different from normal for women. Moreover, the allowable interval depends not only on gender, but also on age. ESR is usually smaller for men than for women of the same age, and with increasing age, the ESR rate also increases.
In order to determine whether the true indicator deviates from the ESR in the blood of men, the same method is used as for determining the ESR in principle. Blood is taken, mixed with a substance that prevents its clotting, is introduced into a test tube with graduation, traced for 1 hour and after the elapsed time has passed, they look at how many millimeters the blood has split. At the top, a transparent layer of plasma forms, and at the bottom, red blood cells, erythrocytes will settle down.
For middle age( 18-55 years), the level of ESR in the blood is the norm in men is 2-14 mm / h. The rate of ESR in men after 60 years increases to 15-19 mm / h. By the way, for women who have crossed the milestone at 60, this rule is the same. It must be said that a strict gradation of the ESR level by age categories is not observed, and when we say that the deposition rate for middle-aged men is some value, it is understood that the ESR rate for men is 30 years and 40 years is almost the same.
If the blood test showed a difference in the ESR from the allowable value, looking at the numbers, you can immediately determine in advance how large the deviations are.
- If the rate of sedimentation of red blood cells differs from the limited scope by several units, this can be explained by an inaccuracy of the analysis or a slight inflammatory process unfolding in the body.
Under the inaccuracy of the experiment means several possible facts:
- complete blood count is necessary to pass on an empty stomach. The digestive process can affect the work of red blood cells;
- transient overheating or hypothermia may affect the level of ESR without the patient having diseases or abnormalities;The
- temperature of the room in which the analysis is performed should also be strictly established and consistent with the standard.
Try to do a complete blood count again at the same or another medical facility. If the ESR level is still abnormal, consult your doctor, but this is unlikely to indicate anything serious.
- Second degree of deviation: if the ESR indicator differs from the prescribed one by 10-25 units.
This is already a reason to think and undergo further examination. Such an indicator means that violations have appeared in your circulatory system, red blood cells for some reason do not function as they should. This may indicate diseases whose treatment will not last longer than a month. Most often, such an analysis result becomes a harbinger of a cold or infection.
- If the rate indicator differs from the ESR in men normally by 30-50 units, this deviation can be defined as the average degree of severity.
The work of red blood cells is seriously impaired, the blood does not cope with the functions assigned to it. This indicator indicates the onset of the disease, which can take months and many valuable healthy cells to fight.
- If the ESR in men is 60 mm / h above normal, then the patient most likely already knows about his disease because it is already widespread throughout the body. Decomposition of tissues, severe inflammation and a significant increase in malignant tumors can be accompanied by a similar value of the rate of sedimentation of red blood cells.
Increased ESR in men
Let's see, the result obtained in the analysis of men, which says, for example, "ESR 30", what does this mean?
The increased male ESR in the card is a reason for testing for the following diseases:
- Infections and inflammations of varying severity, depending on the extent of the deviation.
- Transferred myocardial infarction.
- Purulent and malignant neoplasms.
- Anemia, blood loss, blood transfusion, hemolysis: in general, diseases caused by a decrease in the number of red blood cells.
- A stressful situation accompanied by a powerful adrenaline rush also causes ESR rejection, but it disappears after the source of stress is over.
- Liver disease.
Reduced ESR in men
If the result is less than the ESR analysis in men, the doctor may begin to suspect the following conditions:
- Anisocytosis, spherocytosis, sickle cell anemia: in general, diseases associated with changes in the number, size and shape of red blood cells.
- Increased blood viscosity.
- Neurosis, epilepsy.
- Medication of a certain type: calcium chloride, salicylates, etc.
If you are not satisfied with the results of your own tests, tell your doctor about what is bothering you. ESR analysis is a sufficient basis for him to appoint a further course of analysis, examination or treatment.