Norm, causes of red blood cell abnormality in the analysis of women
Erythrocytes are the most numerous elements of human blood, the main part of which consists of hemoglobin. Their main function is to transport oxygen and saturate organs and tissues with many nutrients, transport carbon dioxide from the tissues to the lungs, and also maintain the acid-base balance in the blood. In addition, red blood cells are responsible for the transfer of specific antibodies that are involved in immune responses.
By the number of red blood cells, you can identify some problems and pathologies in the body. The content of red blood cells in adults and children is different, as well as the level of red blood cells and the norm in women differs from male indicators. In this article we will take a closer look at what the rate of red blood cells in women is, what may be associated with deviations from the established boundaries and how it threatens.
- Blood test for red blood cells. Norm in women.
- Why are female red blood cells elevated?
- Prevention and treatment of
Blood count for red blood cells. Norm in women.
To determine the level of red blood cells, a person is assigned a general( clinical) blood test, that is, the material is collected from a finger. For research, just a few drops of blood are enough, then a calculation is made in the laboratory using a microscope or an automated hematology analyzer. Measured in 1012 pieces per liter of blood.
For an adult and healthy woman, a normal indicator is considered to be from 3.7 to 4.7 * 1012 / l.
During pregnancy, especially in the later periods, a slight decrease in the level to 3.5 or even 3.0 * 1012 / l is acceptable, this is due to the excessive dilution of blood due to a delay in the body fluid.
Deviation from the limits of the norm may indicate the presence of serious health problems. A low content of red blood cells is possible with anemia( anemia), after a large blood loss, or when an inflammation center occurs.
Erythrocyte rise in the blood of a woman usually signals some diseases or disorders. Let's talk more about this.to contents ↑
Why are female red blood cells elevated?
A situation where red blood cells are higher than normal in women is not uncommon. In medicine, this condition is called erythrocytosis and gives grounds for the doctor to conduct additional tests for the presence of certain diseases.
However, not always elevated erythrocytes in women indicate pathology. A slight deviation from the norm can occur in people who live or are in a highland for a long time, due to the lack of oxygen molecules in the air. A similar situation can be observed in ardent smokers. In addition, as a result of a blood test, a large number of red cells can be detected if, on the eve, a person suffered an emotional shock, was subjected to intense physical exertion, or experienced severe dehydration. Usually, after the removal of provoking factors and situations, the analysis shows normal red blood cells in the blood in a few days.
In addition to physiological causes, there are also pathological, which can threaten the patient's health. The most frequent are:
- Eritremia. Disease associated with excessive formation of red blood cells in the bone marrow. The disease is also characterized by an increase in leukocytes, platelets, increased hemoglobin and red blood cells in women. Erythremia in the initial stages may not manifest itself and does not affect the circulatory system and the body as a whole. But as it progresses, the patient may experience some health problems, such as headaches and joint pains, an enlarged spleen and liver, redness and itching of the skin, excessive bleeding, and even thrombotic strokes and myocardial infarction.
- Heart defects or problems with the cardiovascular system. In case of such violations, the speed of blood pumping and its volume decrease, and there is an insufficient amount of oxygen in it, which the body tries to compensate with the production of new red blood cells.
- Oncology of the kidneys, liver. These bodies are involved in the process of decomposition and elimination of "old" red blood cells. Due to the development of a tumor, they cease to fully perform their function. Therefore, an increased number of red blood cells in a woman’s blood is associated with the accumulation of mature blood cells.
- Chronic diseases of the respiratory system, such as obstructive bronchitis, chronic bronchial asthma, and pulmonary emphysema often lead to the development of erythrocytosis.
To understand why elevated red blood cells are found in a woman's bloodstream, the causes of red blood cells, it is recommended to go through an add.examination and pass the main tests.to contents ↑
Prevention and treatment
In severe forms of erythrocytosis, emergency measures such as phlebotomy and bloodletting in order to reduce the number of erythrocytes, or inhibition of bone marrow activity with special drugs, will change.
If a woman’s elevated level of red blood cells in a woman is primary and does not combine with other characteristic clinical symptoms, you will be asked to repeat the analysis after some time and follow some preventive measures, such as:
- smoking cessation;
- increased attention to the quality of water consumed( it should not be chlorinated and strongly carbonated);
- good nutrition with a high content of vegetables and fruits;
- timely treatment of respiratory diseases.