Low hemoglobin - symptoms, causes, consequences for a person
The level of hemoglobin is a very important indicator in the blood of a person, because its reduction can lead to general malaise. The decrease in hemoglobin concentration in the blood leads to the fact that in all organs and tissues there is a lack of oxygen, which leads to an increased load on the heart, respiratory organs, and blood vessels. All this can cause reduced immunity and depletion of the body. To prevent the unpleasant effects of low hemoglobin in time, you need to know the causes and recognize the signs of illness.
- Symptoms of low hemoglobin in the blood
- Reasons why hemoglobin falls
- What is dangerous and what threatens low hemoglobin?
- Nutrition Eliminating Reduction of Hemoglobin in the BloodA drop in level can be detected after a general blood test is taken, but the following symptoms of low hemoglobin can induce you to take an unplanned blood test:
- frequent migraines;
- asthenia( fatigue, impotence);
- shortness of breath and heart rhythm disturbances;
- inattention and memory impairment;
- lowering blood pressure;
- lack of appetite;
- irregular menstruation( in women), problems with potency( in men);
- fainting( for severe).
All these symptoms occur as a result of oxygen starvation, as well as impaired carbon dioxide metabolism in the body and regulation of acid-base balance. But there are more critical signs of low hemoglobin that can be dangerous to human health:
- respiratory failure;
- vomiting and diarrhea;
- pallor and peeling of the skin;
- severe hair dryness, hair loss and slow growth;
- brittle nails and the presence of spots and fungal infections on them;
- crackles and sores in the corners of the lips;
- reduced immunity and persistent colds;
- cramps and tingling in the legs;
- is a distortion of taste, smell, strange taste tastes( I want to eat chalk, lime, clay, or even earth, and the smell of acetone or, for example, gasoline seems pleasant).
For any of the above manifestations, it is necessary to consult a doctor, pass the appropriate tests and, if necessary, begin treatment and recovery.to contents ↑
Reasons why hemoglobin falls
For the normal formation of hemoglobin in the blood, some conditions in the body must be observed, the problems of which become the reason why hemoglobin decreases. Let us examine these factors in more detail.
- Iron deficiency. As it is already known that hemoglobin is formed and synthesized, the body must have enough iron, this trace element comes to us with food. The human body needs an average of 10-20 mg of iron per day. If there is a shortage of it, those hemoglobin can fall in a matter of days and even hours. In this case, the doctors ascertain the diagnosis of iron deficiency anemia or anemia.
- Iron is not absorbed in the body. However, one ingestion of iron is not enough to transform it into hemoglobin, for proper synthesis and reaction, appropriate auxiliary reagents are needed. We are talking about some catalysts, these include vitamins of group B( B1, B6, B9, B12) of group C and PP.Of particular importance is folic acid or Vit. B9, without it, the reaction is impossible. In addition to the consumption of vitamins, the causes of low hemoglobin may lie in the lack of enzymes and diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, which are most often observed in the elderly. Another problem that interferes with the production of hemoglobin is parasitic bacteria. Some organisms, such as tapeworm, actively absorb folic acid, thereby lowering the hemoglobin level by as much as 20-30%.
- Hemoglobin is lost. There are cases when hemoglobin is normally produced, but is lost due to various reasons. These include visible and hidden bleeding., With injuries, injuries, in the postoperative postpartum periods, with hemorrhoids, prolonged or too heavy menstrual periods in women, pathologies of the ovaries, uterus, etc. In addition, hemoglobin does not have time to recur when a person often systematically donatesblood, therefore at donors the reduced hemoglobin can be observed.
What is dangerous and what threatens low hemoglobin?
What causes low hemoglobin? The main danger is that the human organs and tissues are not sufficiently nourished and saturated with oxygen. If a person has low hemoglobin, the symptoms manifest quickly and a number of unpleasant ailments appear in the person, there are failures in the immune system, colds catch up more and more often, and even lead to complications. If the hemoglobin level is lowered slightly, then the problem can be solved relatively quickly, using the right diet. But unfortunately, in the early stages, anemia is difficult to diagnose, because signs of low hemoglobin may be absent, and in advanced cases it is much more difficult to recover.to contents ↑
Nutrition, eliminating the decrease in hemoglobin in the blood
If hemoglobin is lowered is not critical, most often this deviation can be corrected by normalizing your diet.
Iron is an element in our blood that can transport oxygen to organs and cells. The decrease in hemoglobin concentration in the blood is due to the lack of iron in the body. Therefore, it is very important that food is complete, diverse and includes foods that are rich in iron.
- Refuse for a while from coffee and strong tea.
These drinks impair the body's absorption of iron.
- Broth hips.
If you replace the usual tea with broth of hips, it will not only speed up the healing process, but also strengthen the immune system and refresh the body tone. Natural juices will also become a useful “coffee substitute” for at least the duration of treatment.
- Say no to milk, nuts, soy and semolina.
These products also interfere with the proper saturation of blood cells with iron.
Extremely helpful for the symptoms of low hemoglobin: potatoes, beets, tomatoes, carrots, pumpkins, spinach.
Beet - the leader of vegetables that can stop the decrease in hemoglobin and overcome anemia.
Symptoms of low hemoglobin can be eliminated with proper fruit nutrition. Dried fruits have a high content of iron, among fresh fruits can be distinguished pomegranates, raspberries, peaches, quince, persimmon, pear, kiwi and apples.
Among the varieties of meat the most saturated with iron is veal. However, beef and pork are no less effective. Liver, tongue, white chicken and other meat products significantly increase hemoglobin in the blood.
Beans, buckwheat, lentils, oatmeal, peas are the most prominent among cereals in terms of their iron content.to contents ↑
Currently, there are many medications and treatment methods aimed at normalizing hemoglobin in the blood. For example, due to properly implemented blood transfusion with low hemoglobin, the consequences of such an intervention can eliminate the illness completely and as soon as possible.
However, traditional methods of treatment work no worse than pharmacies. To eliminate the signs of low hemoglobin in the blood, you can use the following recipes.
- Herbal decoctions.
Herbs are eternal helpers that help us cope with a multitude of diseases and abnormalities. For the treatment of low hemoglobin decoctions from St. John's wort and blackberries are very effective.2 sheets of blackberry are ground and we add to the grass of Hypericum, which should be about 1.5 times more in quantity, we add to the mixture white grass grass in the same amount as the blackberry leaves.
Fill the collection with boiling water and insist for at least three hours. The resulting decoction should be taken 3 times a day for a month or until hemoglobin returns to normal.
3-4 heads of this plant must be poured 200 ml of boiling water and infused for about an hour. Broth to drink three times a day for half a cup before a meal.
- Green Walnuts.
We need 2 cups of chopped nuts and 1.5 kg of honey. Mixing ingredients, store in a dark place for about a month. Sometimes the mixture needs to be mixed. This mixture should be taken three times a day, half an hour before meals. It is stored in the refrigerator.
To eliminate the causes and effects of low hemoglobin, it is necessary to pass tests and find the root of the problem, why low hemoglobin in the blood. Eat iron-rich foods and donate blood at least once a year for your own peace of mind. Take care of yourself!