Bloating that occurs in the intestine
Bloating: various symptoms
Bloating, the symptoms of which indicate the accumulation of gases in the intestine, is the result of a digestive disorder. Most people throughout life have faced a problem in which the belly begins to bulge, which subsequently leads to the appearance of flatulence.
The origin of gases in the intestine
Often this condition occurs after eating some products or is the result of a lavish feast. If the abdominal distension occurred when a person has normal health, this means that the reason was the simultaneous digestion of poorly compatible products. As a result, the gases formed are attempting to escape. They are secreted by bacteria in the process of food fermentation. Also, there is a possibility of swallowing air during a conversation or while eating, in this case there is a belch.
This ailment gives a person a lot of discomfort, creating a sense of lack of comfort, because the stomach increases in volume, there is a feeling of its opening and swelling from the inside, in the stomach are formed colic. There are also more serious cases when in meteorism, bloating and other signs inform the person about the presence of any disease of the gastrointestinal tract.
Composition of intestinal gases
The gas that fills the large intestine of a healthy person has the following components:
- oxygen, hydrogen sulphide;
- carbon dioxide, nitrogen;
- hydrogen, methane.
Of all the elements that fill the stomach, oxygen contains the largest amount. In the intestines, carbon dioxide, methane and hydrogen sulfide are the most concentrated.
Signs of bloating
Bloating and flatulence are not an independent disease. Possible the presence of excess gases in the stomach with chronic pancreatitis, irritable bowel syndrome. At the same time in a healthy normal intestine there is a violation of his motor performance, and there are such symptoms of intumescence of the stomach:
- a decrease in appetite;
- a disgusting bite in the mouth;
- constipation or diarrhea.
The result of intestinal dysbacteriosis is also excessive formation of gases. The protective functions of the large intestine decrease, the microflora is disturbed. The harmful bacteria that enter it form gases, in this case, bloating and flatulence are accompanied by a stinking smell. The separation of gases occurs frequently and noisily, in some cases with a slight delay. A sharp change in the habitual diet leads to the fact that the body can not be reconstructed in the shortest possible time, so there are:
Frequent or single emptying with faeces having a liquid consistency # 8212; this is diarrhea, which is a symptom that indicates a violation of absorption of electrolytes and water in the intestine.
Getting into the stomach of allergic products promotes swelling of the stomach, this is food allergy. Signs of this condition in addition to flatulence can be rashes, eczema, changes in the surface of the skin. When digestive organs become upset:
- formation of gases;
- abdominal pain, belching;
- nausea, vomiting.
With food allergies, there is a possibility of bloating and diarrhea. In the digestive system, for a variety of reasons, there is accumulation of a large number of dangerous substances, the body expends great efforts to neutralize their negative influence. In this case, flatulence is accompanied by a hideous smell from the oral cavity, nausea, the accumulation of gases in the intestine, and stool delay. Among young people suffering from flatulence, there is often a symptom of its manifestation as neurosis. There are occurrences of unpleasant sensations in other organs:
- burning sensation in the heart;
- a growing depressed mood;
- sleep disturbance;
- frequent headaches;
- continuous pain in the muscles;
- general weakness;
- rapid heartbeat.
Flatulence can accompany intense dyspnoea.
Bloating and pain in this case have a painful, but a short-term nature. When gas passes through the intestine, unpleasant sensations stop. Constipation and bloating often occur during pregnancy. The appearance of pain can be expected in different places of the abdominal cavity. The cause of the presence of a serious disease is the feeling for a long time of intense pain in the stomach. Many people are familiar with this situation, when bloating and constipation relieve the bowels is rare, the pause may be:
At this time the feces are very dense, the symptoms of constipation are # 8212; it's discomfort and soreness. It seems to the person that the emptying is not complete, there is a feeling of constant filling of the intestine and stomach, this contributes to its swelling. The following symptoms occur:
Little children often suffer from abdominal pain. Symptoms that indicate their presence:
- tension of the muscles of the abdomen;
- restless behavior.
Bloating often indicates that food is not digested by the intestines, rot and produces various gases in large quantities. This condition occurs when digestion is disturbed, so drugs help to reduce the formation of gases, as well as to eliminate other symptoms characteristic of this condition, such as:
- heaviness in the stomach. nausea;
- vomiting, belching, rumbling in the abdomen;
- diarrhea or constipation;
- pain of different etiology.
If a person is constantly worried about swollen abdomen, and even taking medication does not bring relief, in this case, a specialist gastroenterologist is needed. He will determine the cause and prescribe drugs to treat this condition.
Bloating: why is this happening?
Such an innocuous, at first glance, phenomenon, like swelling and discomfort in the stomach. can lead to serious complications, the treatment of which will require a lot of time and patience. Therefore, do not ignore the appearance of pain and swelling in the abdomen, especially if they occur often. The bloating is not an exception, the reasons of which can be very different. A symptom of due attention and timely examination. What provokes such a phenomenon and how it manifests itself?
What are the symptoms of bloating?
A large number of people do not even suspect that excessive amounts of gases accumulate in their intestines. The symptomatology of bloating begins to appear gradually, as a result of which there is some addiction of the organism to an uncomfortable condition. But the first signs of such a disease should not be left without attention. The characteristic symptoms of excessive gas evolution include the following:
- The abdomen acquires a large volume;
- In the process of palpation lying on his back you can hear a rumbling;
- When performing inclinations standing in the diaphragm area, a tension is felt;
- Occurrence of a periodic or constant eructation immediately after eating, and also after a while after it;
- Unpleasant heaviness or pain in the abdomen that occurs after eating;
- Problems with the act of defecation;
To later symptoms include a feeling of weakness, lack of appetite, decreased immunity, headaches.
What is the cause of bloating?
In certain situations, the severity and swelling of the stomach may indicate the presence of any pathologies, but this does not always happen. Excessive formation of gases can occur as a result of eating certain foods:
- The fermentation process inevitably leads to abundant gas evolution. Such a process can arise after the use of yeast, beer and kvass. The cause of fermentation can be and black bread.
- Beans (beans, peas), cabbage and gas containing drinks can also lead to swelling.
- With lactose deficiency, due to which there is a poor digestion of milk sugar, drunk milk provokes abundant formation of gases and aching pain.
- Stomach indigestion and excessive overeating are another common causes of flatulence.
- Dysbacteriosis of the intestine, as a result of which normal bacterial microflora is disrupted. In addition to bloating, this ailment can be accompanied by diarrhea, constipation, and pain in the abdomen after eating.
- A variety of infectious diseases of the intestine, for which a characteristic symptom is severe pain, as well as severity in the stomach. Do this in this case, only one thing - to immediately contact an experienced specialist for qualified help.
- If there are parasites in the digestive system. In addition to flatulence, they can provoke significant weight loss, general malaise, vomiting and stomach upset.
- Disturbances in the functioning of the pancreas, liver, as well as the occurrence of inflammatory processes in the intestine (colitis).
What else can provoke excessive accumulation of gases?
Some patients suffer from bloating, not because there is a significant release of gases, but because they are not simply removed from the digestive system. In medical science, the release of gases is called "flatus". Disruption of excretion of gases most often indicates the presence of a serious pathology - intestinal obstruction.
Such an ailment can manifest itself in the following forms:
- Obturation. It is a blockage of the intestine, in which gases can not escape through bezoar and tumors.
- Paralytic. It is associated with impaired intestinal motility.
For whatever reason, there was a release of gases and there was a bloating, seeking help from a specialist is a prerequisite. If nothing happens when the first symptoms occur, then ordinary discomfort and heaviness will very quickly develop into a severe pain that will not only appear after eating. The doctor will conduct a survey and offer the appropriate medicine.
What does the constant swelling indicate?
If such an unpleasant phenomenon, like bloating, worries almost constantly, then there is a possibility of intestinal obstruction. People who are attentive to their own health will necessarily begin to make attempts to eliminate discomfort and pain. However, there is only one way out in this situation - the help of an experienced specialist.
Also, constant swelling, pain and heaviness in the stomach can signal the presence of pancreatitis, as a result of which there is a violation of the processes of digestion of food.
If swelling, heaviness and pain are the cause of dysbacteriosis, then this symptomatology is observed only after eating. In this case, you can do only one thing - get rid of the disease with the help of drugs or other techniques, appointed by a specialist.
What should be done with the accumulation of gases in the intestine?
The first thing to do when bloating is to seek help from a gastroenterologist, who will accurately establish the causes of the emergence of such a state, as well as implement a number of necessary Research:
- The study of feces, as a result of which the specialist will be able to study in greater detail the intestinal microflora.
- Examination of bile.
- Examination of gastric juice.
- Inspection of the digestive organs by means of ultrasound equipment.
At home, you can also take certain steps that will ease the symptoms of bloating. First of all, this concerns the normalization of the daily diet, which should include only the right food. It is worth giving up legumes, cabbage, whole milk and rice, which only increase the severity and pain in the stomach. Daily exercise will also allow you to get a positive result, but do not do it after eating.
Also, in the treatment of bloating, fast snacks and the use of liquid immediately after meals are not recommended. Food should be consumed without haste - only so its assimilation will pass quickly and effectively, it will not linger in the digestive system and cause gravity.
In addition to these recommendations, the doctor can prescribe a certain medicine for bloating, which allows to normalize the digestive system. Admission should be strictly following the instructions of a specialist. Due to the complex approach to the treatment of bloating, it is already possible to forget about the severity and discomfort in the shortest possible time, returning to a full and healthy life.
Share with friends:
Sources: http://prozhkt.ru/simptomy/vzdutie-zhivota.html, http://myzheludok.ru/drugie-zabolevaniya-zhkt/prichiny-i-lechenie-vzdutiya-zhivota.html
No comments yet!
Share your opinion