Cancer of the 4th stage of the intestine with metastases how many live
4 stages of bowel cancer
It is known that intestinal cancer is a very serious pathology, which, despite all the modern methods of treatment and diagnostics, almost always has a lethal outcome. With this fact, you can very strongly argue, if we consider malignant damage not as a single disease, but taking into account its stages.
After all, the 1st stage of the process has much better indicators in treatment than the 2nd or 3rd stage, which almost always recur, which leads to very serious consequences.
- The first stage or the initial stage. This stage of development of the oncological process characterizes the fact that the tumor extends only to the mucous membrane or submucosa of the organ. At the same time, there are no regional or distant metastases to other organs. Treatment of the early degree of the process, as a rule, gives positive results and with complete excision of the affected area, there is almost never a second disease. The prognosis with this form of tumor is favorable both for life, and for work capacity and recovery.
- Second degreeCancer of the small or large intestine is characterized by the germination of all layers of the intestinal wall, but without compromising the integrity of the serosa. In this case, metastases can be detected in one or two groups of regional lymph nodes. This cancer is a little more difficult to treat, because it is not always possible to find and remove all affected lymph nodes. The presence of at least one lymph node with cancer cells becomes the source of growth of a new tumor process.
- Third degreecharacterized by the germination of the serous membrane of the intestine, but without spreading to neighboring organs. In this case, as a rule, all groups of regional lymph nodes are affected by the oncological process. To achieve full recovery in this form is impossible, since the removal of all without exception lymph nodes is an unrealistic task, and it is impossible to exclude the presence of contact metastases on neighboring organs. Symptoms of cancer at this stage consist, in the main, of the pain syndrome, since the serous membrane is affected, rich in nerve endings.
- The fourth,the last or terminal degree of bowel cancer is noteworthy in that the cancer from the primary site spreads and affects adjacent organs. In addition, remote and regional metastases are detected in patients. It should also be noted that the presence of distant metastatic sites with smaller tumor sizes also allows the diagnosis of bowel cancer of the fourth stage. Often, such patients are treated as inoperable, because the size of the tumor formation does not allow surgical intervention.
Even if the latter is done, this does not give the patient a chance to recover, since the sites of distant metastases become the site of the growth of a new tumor.
If bowel cancer is diagnosed in stage 4, how much remains to live is very difficult to answer, since it depends on the immunological stability of the body. Since the fourth stage of cancer in any case is characterized by separated metastases, it is extremely important to know the ways of their spread.
This will help to properly coordinate the methods of additional diagnostics. And so, it is more often than not possible to detect distant parts of the cancer process in the liver, lungs and brain structures. The reason for this particular localization of metastases is the peculiarity of the intestinal blood flow, the outflow venous blood from which occurs directly into the liver, and then through the heart into the lungs and brain. This is one of the reasons that if you suspect intestinal cancer, you need to examine not only the abdomen, but also the thorax, and also the head.
In addition to the stages of malignant neoplasm, it is customary to identify clinical groups that determine the need for, or the possibility of, radical or palliative treatment of a patient.
- The first clinicalthe group includes healthy people who have precancerous diseases or suspected them. The number of precancerous pathologies in cancer of the digestive tract include polyps of the intestine, chronic anal fissures, hemorrhoids, chronic callous ulcers.
- In the second clinicalthe category of oncological pathologies includes persons who have additional methods of research malignant pathology is diagnosed and which is subject to radical, i.e. complete, methods treatment.
- In the third categoryincludes patients who have already completed radical treatment and at this stage of their disease is in remission. There are two ways out of this clinical group. If, after treatment for five years, the patient does not show signs of a second cancer process, he can be transferred to the first group, where there are actually healthy people. In the same case, when a relapse of cancer is observed shortly after treatment, the patient is transferred to the fourth clinical group.
- By the fourth clinicalgroup includes patients whose malignant neoplasms are no longer subject to radical methods of treatment and they can only perform lightening therapy. For example, if we are talking about a tumor of the intestine, then such therapy can be called excreting the intestine on the anterior abdominal wall for the removal of stained contents. Undoubtedly, it improves the patient's condition, but does not treat it from the underlying cause of the disease.
Interestingly, the clinical category has no regularity in relation to the stage of the oncological process. This is very important from the side that in fact patients with all stages of the cancer process have theoretically the same chances of survival.
In practice, the situation is completely different, and those who have earlier stages of the malignant process have a better chance.
Cancer of the 4th stage with metastases: how many live?
Malignant neoplasms are often diagnosed at late stages of development due to asymptomatic flow in the initial period.Cancer of the 4th stage with metastases, how many livesuch patients depend on a complex of medical procedures and quality of care for the patient.
The terminal degree of oncology is characterized by the formation of multiple metastases and the inability to surgically remove the primary neoplasm. At the present stage of the development of medicine, oncologists have a full arsenal of anti-cancer drugs that can maximize the quality of life of patients.
General characteristics of stage 4 cancer
Around the world, almost half of cancer patients are diagnosed with cancer of grade 4 with metastases. Unfortunately, at this stage in the development of science, malignant neoplasms can not be cured, but in arsenal of oncologists, there are many palliative techniques that can alleviate the suffering of such patients.
Cancer tumors at terminal stages of cancer growth are characterized by such processes:
The tumor penetrates deeply into the tissues adjacent to the affected organ, causing their destruction and systemic intoxication of the body.
Mutated cells have the ability to spread through the circulatory or lymphoid system to other parts of the body, forming secondary foci of oncology.
Intense pain syndrome:
Tumor development. as a rule, is accompanied by sharp and periodic pains in the area of the affected part of the body. Such seizures, often, can not be managed with the help of conservative painkillers. Therefore, oncosis at 4 stages requires the introduction of morphine-containing drugs.
A person with a malignant neoplasm suffers from cancer intoxication, the symptoms of which are: general malaise, frequent body temperature rise to 37º, loss of appetite and a sharp decrease body weight.
How is cancer treated in stage 4 with metastases today?
Cancer of the 4th stage with metastases, how much to livedirectly depends on the timeliness and adequacy of the prescribed therapy complex. In such cases, the patient is recommended to undergo the following courses of symptomatic therapy:
At the last stages of tumor growth, patients with cancer. first of all, receive treatment on the basis of cytostatic agents that help stabilize atypical cell division. The traditional course of chemotherapy consists of several cycles of administration of cytotoxic agents having a systemic effect. In modern ontological practice innovative methods are increasingly used, in which introduction of chemotherapeutic agents is carried out directly into the neoplasm through arterial vessel. Point method of exposure minimizes the toxic effect of the drug and increases the therapeutic effect.
For patients with inoperable forms of cancer, oncologists use highly active X-rays that kill cancer cells. This technique is used in the following variants:
- Remote irradiation. Radioactive treatment of the affected organ is carried out with the help of a stationary device, while the linear accelerator does not contact the surface of the skin.
- Contact irradiation. Radiotherapy in this way anticipates the imposition on the skin of special plates with a source of gamma particles to directly affect the oncologic focus.
- Brachytherapy, which includes the introduction of radiopharmaceutical in the area of malignant growth. This technique minimizes the area of radioactive irradiation, which significantly improves the quality of treatment.
This technique involves the use of a robotic device that affects the focus of the lesion narrowly with a focal beam of gamma radiation. The technology "cyber-knife" allows bloodlessly to operate hard-to-reach tumors, which are located in the brain or near large blood vessels. Such a surgical intervention does not require special anesthesia and rehabilitation. The procedure lasts about one hour.
Stimulation of nonspecific protective abilities of the body contributes to the prolongation of life of seriously ill patients. To this end, in patients with oncological clinics, patients are prescribed monoclonal drugs.
Very often, the experimental introduction of innovative pharmacological agents is the only chance to improve the condition of a patient with multiple metastases. In this case, the patient is familiarized with all risks and possible side effects of the drug. In particular, recently active development of antitumor vaccines is underway, which are at the stage of clinical approbation.
Cancer of the 4th stage with metastases # 8212; how many live? Forecast
In practice, in 100% of cases the prognosis of the disease is unfavorable and such patients do not live to the five-year limit. Life expectancy is determined by the localization of malignant neoplasm and the number of secondary foci of oncology.
Stage 4 cancer #8212; how many livesuch patients also depend on the volume and quality of care. All oncological measures at the terminal stages of tumor development are directed to the elimination of life-threatening symptoms and relief of pain.
It is important to know:
Health of your head Tumors Cancer of the 4th stage with metastases: symptoms, how many live
Cancer of the 4th stage with metastases: symptoms, how many live
Today in our country there are practically no people who would never have heard of cancer. This disease was truly a nightmare of the 21st century. It is estimated that only in Russia diagnosis # 17; ak # 187; is put during the life of every fifth inhabitant. However, what do we really know about this terrible disease?
Can we recognize the terrible symptoms before it's too late? Let's look at the extent of cancer and talk in detail about the most severe form of cancer # 8212; cancer of the 4th degree with metastases.
Degrees of cancer development
Specialists distinguish 4 degrees (or stages) of development of cancer tumors. Separately it is necessary to consider the so-called zero stage, on which the affected cells are localized only within the malignant neoplasm. Degrees 1 to 4 are determined by analyzing the tumor itself, its spread in the body and the state of the lymph nodes closest to the lesion.
1 and 2 stages of cancer are currently considered curable, most importantly # 8212; in time to put the correct diagnosis and begin to conduct treatment. In this case, the neoplasm does not go beyond the lesion and can not reach the lymph nodes (stage 1) or affects them only near the affected organ (stage 2).
Stage 3 involves the growth of the tumor and the penetration of cancer cells into the lymph nodes, and 4 # 8212; presence of distant metastases. In both cases it is almost impossible to completely cure the disease, although much depends on the initial localization of malignant formation, the rate of spread of the disease, etc.
Symptoms of the 4th degree of cancer
So, cancer of the 4th degree is the most severe form of cancer. Usually at this stage of the disease the patient already knows about his diagnosis and the predictions of the doctors. However, there are cases when the patient delays the trip to the clinic and the cancer is diagnosed initially too late. In this situation, determine the 4 degree allow the following symptoms:
- Cancer cells spread far from the initial lesion focus.
- A tumor can grow to the extent that it is felt on palpation.
- The general state of health of the patient worsens: there is fatigue, dizziness, trouble with a dream, there may be an unreasonable cough.
- A severe pain syndrome begins to form, not only in the area of the tumor, but also in other parts of the body.
- Based on the results of a general blood test, anemia, an increase in the level of ESR, leukocytosis; biochemical analysis may reflect protein deficiency.
So, the presence of metastases # 8212; one of the main symptoms of the development of cancer of the 4th degree. Let's talk about them in more detail.
Metastases: causes of appearance and development options
Metastases # 8212; it is the foci of the emergence of new areas of a malignant tumor, resulting from the migration of cancer cells in the patient's body.
The cause of metastases in the body # 8212; separation of cells from the initial neoplasm and their appearance in the organs of other physiological systems. Cells of a maternal tumor can travel in the body through the lymph nodes or through the blood, but most often both of these modes of transmission are observed. Most often, neoplasms affect the liver, pancreas, bones, lungs and lymph nodes of varying degrees of remoteness.
Methods for treating severe cancer with metastases
The main problem in the treatment of cancer of the 4th degree with metastases # 8212; uselessness of the operation to remove the tumor. Neither the newest medical technologies nor folk methods are able to defeat metastases and restore health to the patient. The main principle of treatment of oncological diseases at a late stage # 8212; Supportive therapy in two versions:
- Himeotherapy. Metastases are usually not too sensitive to medical drugs, however, chemotherapy is used in 4 stages cancer to prevent pain and support the patient's life at the highest possible level of comfort.
- Radiation therapy. Also helps to fight pain and prevents the emergence of new metastases in the body.
In addition to these two methods, various combinations of medications that prevent depletion of the patient, the occurrence of anemia, general improvement, etc., are also used.
In some cases, surgical intervention is performed either to remove single metastases or for restoration of natural physiological functions (eg, stoma installation in patients with cancer intestines).
Cancer of the 4th degree with metastases: predictions of specialists
Alas, the last degree of cancer is still virtually incurable. Maximum life expectancy in such cases # 8212;about 5 years(depending on the type of tumor, the rate of appearance of metastases, etc.). In some cases, patients are recommended to be sent to hospices, where they will be provided with 24-hour medical care.
Sources: http://voprekiraku.ru/4-stadii-raka-kishechnika.html, http://orake.info/rak-4-stadii-s-metastazami-skolko-zhivut/, http://moyagolova.ru/rak-4-stadii-s-metastazami-simptomy-skolko-zhivut/
No comments yet!
Share your opinion