Laser ablation in cancer
Modern cancer therapy includes the active use of innovative methods to combat cancer. One such method islaser ablation, which consists in the destruction of mutated cells by ion flow. During the procedure, the electro-magnetic energy is converted into thermal energy, which causes a local increase in temperature to 400 ° C.
This technique allows you to radically remove only the affected tissue, without affecting the nerve endings, blood vessels and healthy nearby structures.Method of laser ablationin the treatment of oncology provides for the implementation of ultrasound or X-ray control over the accuracy of exposure to the light beam. The technology is applied in the oncological directions described below.
Laser ablation of veins
High-temperature dissolution of venous vessels in oncology is carried out in two versions:
- Varicose veins of the lower extremities. The essence of the procedure is intravascular burning, which ensures the stopping of pathological blood flow. The advantage of this effect is low-trauma surgery and a short rehabilitation period.
- Target therapy of malignant neoplasms of the liver. In the early stages, dissolution of the cancerous circulatory system stops supplying the tumor with nutrients. This treatment at the present stage of development of medicine is in the experimental phase and doctors do not have exhaustive information about the remote results of laser treatment of the liver vessels.
Laser ablation of tonsils
Laser therapy of the tumor process of the tonsils in the form of their resection is carried out exclusively at the first stage of the disease, when there are no distant metastases. Such an intervention is performed under local anesthesia. Carbon dioxide, supplied to the lymph node through a special probe, almost painlessly excises the lymphoid tissue together with cancer cells. After surgery, in the overwhelming number of cases, there are no post-traumatic bleeding. At the same time, a significant plus of such intervention is the simplicity and speed of resection.
Important to know: Cancer of the tonsils: how does it look? Signs, survival
Laser ablation of the bladder
In oncological practice, this method often cuts out the leukoplakia of the bladder, which belongs to the group of precancerous conditions. The advantages of laser therapy include:
- Positive homeostasis is a good coagulation of blood.
- The minimum number of postoperative complications.
- Low traumatic procedure.
- Precise excision of atypical tissues from the surface layers of the bladder.
- Reduction of the recovery period (in comparison with traditional surgical intervention).
Important to know: Bladder cancer in women: symptoms
Laser ablation of the heart
The pointing of the electrode to the cardiac tissue has a therapeutic effect in cases of disturbances in rhythm and acute heart failure.
The patient before the intervention is given a general anesthesia. During the procedure, the patient is guided through the femoral artery to insert a catheter to guide the instrument directly to the focus of the pathology. The therapeutic effect is achieved as a result of high-temperature dissolution of the source of atypical nerve signals.
Laser therapy of the heart is an excellent alternative to ineffective therapy of arrhythmia.
Important to know: Tumor of the heart (heart cancer) - the newest methods of treatment
Laser ablation of the breast
The destruction of the breast tumor by a directed beam of charged particles is combined with the surgical removal of regional lymph nodes. Such an intervention is controlled by ultrasound and X-ray techniques. The main group of the population are elderly patients with a severe obscheomatic state of the body. In such cases, cancer patients simply can not tolerate extensive surgery.
After the procedure, patients undergo chemotherapy and radiation exposure. This is necessary to avoid possible relapses.
Laser ablation of the prostate
Evaporation of adenomal proliferation of prostate tissues instantly eliminates the symptoms of the disease. Such an exercise is carried out on an outpatient basis, which eliminates the need for hospitalization of the patient.
After laser therapy, most cancer patients note the restoration of the flow of urine and a feeling of complete emptying of the bladder. This technique, too, has a beneficial effect on the general well-being of the patient and promotes the onset of a prolonged remission. This method of eliminating a tumor of the prostate gland is by far the most effective anti-cancer agent.
After high-temperature dissolution of the adenoma, doctors recommend periodic preventive examinations.
Laser ablation of the endometrium
This minimally invasive procedure involves the destruction of all layers of the uterine mucosa. Often indications for laser therapy of female genital organs are uterine bleeding, as a consequence of the development of neoplasms, hormonal disturbances or infectious lesions.
Before the laser intervention the woman is recommended to undergo the following examinations:
- Cytological examination of the smear.
- Colposcopy - a detailed examination of the outer layer of the mucosa.
- Ultrasonic examination of pelvic organs.
- Radiography, which determines the extent of the pathological process.
- Hormonal analysis.
- Identification of the functional state of the thyroid gland.
The laser therapy method includes:
- Local anesthesia.
- Fixation of the cervix with gynecological mirrors and forceps.
- Measurement of the size of the uterus.
- Introduction into the uterine cavity of the hysteroscope (special optical device).
- Destruction of affected tissues.
Patients should be aware that in the end they lose the function of childbearing.Laser ablationin gynecological practice provides for the impossibility or complete rejection of radical intervention..