Symptoms of brain cancer in the early stages
Symptoms of brain cancer in the early stages indicate an aggressive malignant neoplasm of the central nervous system. This pathology is characterized by uncontrolled and atypical division of brain cells. Another cause of the tumor of this localization is the spread of cancer cells through the circulatory and lymphoid systems.
Features of the oncological process in the brain
Malignant tumors consist of actively growing mutated cells, which are aggressively introduced into nearby tissues. Tumor cells require nutrients and oxygen for their growth and development. This problem is especially acute within the cranium, which is reflected in increased intracranial pressure, hypoxia and pressure on vital brain centers.
Another feature of brain oncology is the almost complete absence of metastasis. Malignant neoplasm develops in an enclosed space, causing local tissue destruction.
Causes of brain tumors
The exact cause of the development of brain cancer today remains unknown. Doctors-oncologists propose to consider the following risk factors:
- Radiation effect on the head area.
- Genetic predisposition.
- HIV-infected patients have several times higher chances of developing cancer of the brain.
- Ecological toxins, mutagens, causing cancer and harmful industrial conditions.
Symptoms of brain cancer in the early stages
Some tumors of the central nervous system develop asymptomatically. For example, neoplasm of the pituitary gland does not cause pathological symptoms and is diagnosed by indirect signs of hormonal imbalance. The clinical picture of brain tumors is similar to many other common diseases. The only way to establish the presence of oncology is a comprehensive diagnosis of brain cancer and a complete examination of the nervous system.
Early symptomatology is formed for the following reasons:
- The growth of the tumor causes disruption of the functioning and functioning of the brain centers.
- Malignant neoplasm provokes local inflammatory process and cerebral edema.
- Primary metastatic lesion of the central nervous system.
Brain cancer-symptoms in the early stages:
- Periodic headache attacks, which are mostly worried in the morning. At the initial stage, such attacks can be stopped with the help of traditional analeptics. In the following, the pain syndrome is removed only by narcotic analgesics.
- Progressive weakness of the muscular system, which dominates on one side of the body.
- Spatial discoordination.
- Violation of gait and concentration of attention.
- Frequent cramps.
Nonspecific symptoms of the disease include the following symptoms:
- Violations of the mental state of the patient in the form of: psychosis, neuropathy, increased excitability, irritability and memory disorder.
- Nausea and vomiting. This symptom, mainly observed in the morning.
- Anomalies of visual function. For example, in cancer patients with a brain tumor, the ophthalmologist observes double vision and loss of peripheral vision.
- Difficulties in the speech sphere.
- Constantly altered intellectual and emotional activity of the patient.
Diagnosis of brain cancer in the early stages
If the subjective complaints of the patient and the physical examination data indicate a possible oncology of the brain tissue, then the person must undergo additional diagnostic procedures:
This examination includes radiographic irradiation of the skull in three projections, which allows to detect a pathological focus.
The essence lies in the digital processing of X-ray scan data of the tissues of the head and neck. A layered study of the brain tissues reveals the size and exact localization of the tumor.
Introduction of a contrast medium in the bloodstream is necessary for examining the condition of the circulatory system and the presence of cancer vessels that feed the focus of cell mutation.
Additional methods of diagnosis include laboratory analysis of blood, urine and feces. Also, many patients undergo puncture of the cerebrospinal fluid and screening for oncomarkers.
The most reliable results of the study of brain tissue can be obtained from the results of magnetic resonance imaging, a characteristic feature of which is the irradiation of the body radioactive rays. MRT-diagnostics determines the structure, size and location of malignant neoplasm.
Treatment of brain cancer in the early stages and elimination of symptoms
The main method of treating early stages of brain cancer is a surgical operation to remove pathological tissues. Before surgery, the patient undergoes general anesthesia. Access to the operating field is carried out using craniotomy (opening the cranium). After excision of the tumor, the patient is recommended to undergo radiation therapy for the prevention of postoperative complications.
If malignant neoplasm is located in the inaccessible place of the brain, specialists resort to stereotaxic therapy. In such cases, the cancer patient is irradiated with a focused beam of gamma radiation. This equipment is a robotic unit that produces medical manipulations under the control of a computer.
In time, certainsymptoms of brain cancer in the early stagesenable timely diagnosis of the tumor and complete treatment. Therapy in the initial stages of malignant growth has the most favorable prognosis for the patient's recovery..