Treatment of leukemia in Israel: accurate diagnosis and effective therapy
A highly professional approach and advanced medical development are the factors that cause the most effective treatment of leukemia in Israel; The clinics of the country demonstrate success in 80-90% of cases.
The most popular line of work of Israeli clinics is the treatment of acute leukemia in children; in Israel to work in oncohematological children's departments only doctors with long-term practice, having both relevant experience, and high qualification. Treatment of leukemia in children in Israel is characterized by more gentle methods that minimally harm the child's body, but at the same time give a high therapeutic result.
Thanks to the close collaboration of medical centers with research laboratories, clinics newest methods and methods of therapy are operatively introduced, every year increasing the number of people recovered from leukemia. Even in severe cases, when in other countries doctors are only helplessly getting their hands on, Israeli oncohematologists are seeking the transition of the disease to a stage of persistent remission. In addition to high results, there is another reason why many patients choose leukemia treatment in Israel - the cost. When comparing the prices of therapy in Western and Israeli clinics, it can be concluded that in Israel they are 30-50% lower at the same high quality.
Do not waste time on the useless search for an inaccurate price for cancer treatment
* Only with the condition of obtaining data on the patient's illness, the representative of the clinic will be able to calculate the exact price for the treatment.
About the disease
Blood cancer (leukemia, leukemia) is an oncopathology, in which the function of hematopoiesis is violated. Pathological degenerated blood cells are gradually displaced from the blood by healthy ones and circulate through the bloodstream the whole body, settle in tissues and organs, provoking the development of the tumor process and disrupting them operation. First of all, the lymph nodes, spleen, liver, that is, those organs that are directly connected in one way or another with the process of hematopoiesis, suffer. The disease can occur in acute or chronic form, each of them has subspecies, so the treatment of leukemia in Israel begins with a thorough diagnosis, which reveals the type of disease: lymphoma, lymphosarcoma, hematosarcoma and etc. In children, the disease often occurs in an acute form, acute lymphoblastic leukemia is diagnosed. As a rule, it manifests itself at the age of 2-5 years.
Although the causes of the occurrence of blood cancer have not yet been fully explored, the researchers note a genetic predisposition to the disease and the presence of an external factor: in persons who have been exposed to radiation, he develops much more often.
Oncopathology has blurred symptoms, in the case of a chronic form it is often detected accidentally. It is worth paying attention to such symptoms:
- Increased body temperature for no reason.
- Enlarged lymph nodes.
- Pale skin.
- Vomiting, nausea.
- Unreasonable weight loss.
- Increased cases of colds and infectious diseases.
- Enlargement of the liver and spleen.
- Frequent headaches, frequent cases of nasal bleeding.
- Reduced appetite.
- Fatigability and increased sweating.
- Problems with vision: decreased visual acuity, blurriness.
- Cramps in the muscles.
- Pain in the scrotum in men and violation of the cycle in women.
- Swelling of the body.
Diagnosis of leukemia in Israel
Before starting the treatment of leukemia, doctors in Israel prescribe diagnostic procedures. Even if the foreign patient was examined at home, studies are conducted in Israeli clinics. This is due to the fact that diagnosis in foreign countries, especially the CIS, is often biased and erroneous due to imperfect diagnostic techniques and equipment. In the research centers of Israel, one hundred percent accuracy of the diagnosis is guaranteed. This is possible thanks to innovative diagnostic devices capable of recording pathological processes at the earliest stages.
Since every minute is suspected of leukemia, international departments of clinics organize a survey of foreign patients as soon as possible. As a rule, such studies are conducted:
- Blood test, general and biochemical.
- Ultrasound of lymph nodes and organs.
- MRI, CT, PET-CT.
- A biopsy followed by a histological test.
Do you want to receive an estimate for treatment?
* Only with the condition of obtaining data on the patient's illness, the representative of the clinic will be able to calculate the exact estimate for the treatment.
Methods of treatment of leukemia in Israel
Israeli oncohematologists are successfully treating leukemia in Israel; reviews indicate an individual approach to each patient. The therapeutic program is made based on the type of leukemia, the stage of the disease, the presence of a metastatic process.
An important factor is the form of the disease. Thus, treatment of acute leukemia in Israel begins as early as possible in view of the rapid development of oncoprocess. The age of the patient is also taken into account. Combination of several types of therapy is recognized as successful.
- Chemotherapy.Systemic chemotherapy takes place in several stages. At the first, they try to destroy as many cancer cells as possible and transfer the disease to the stage of remission, on the second - to eliminate the residual oncochains and prevent a relapse. In addition to systemic chemotherapy, local, for more effective destruction of cancer cells in a particular organ, can be used. Local chemotherapy has several advantages: doctors can use the highest possible dose, which "works" in a certain area. Toxic load on the whole organism in this case is minimal: only 10% of medicines are carried with blood flow.
- Targeted chemotherapy.This innovative technique allows for treatment with maximum effect and minimal harm. Special drugs are used - monoclonal antibodies, which accurately detect cancer cells. They are joined by chemotherapy drugs. Once in the body, drugs selectively affect only the pathological cells, without harming the healthy.
- Immunotherapy.The newest way of therapy, which includes a set of measures, when treatment of chronic leukemia in Israel is required. It can also be used in acute forms of the disease. Its essence lies in the fact that special preparations stimulate natural processes in the body to combat oncopathology. In the clinics of Israel, a number of medicines are used, in each case, the appointment takes place individually.
- Technique "Trojan horse". One of the newest ways to combat leukemia. Cancer cells for growth and active division need the amino acid asparagine. Scientists synthesized a substance that they perceive as asparagine, but when it hits a mutated cell, it begins to destroy it. This technique is very effective and at the same time it is safe, since it affects only pathological tissues.
- Radiotherapy.When localizing cancer cells in certain areas (most often in lymph nodes and spleen) a good effect is provided by radiotherapy, which is used as an auxiliary method, combining with chemotherapy. Radiotherapy in the medical centers of Israel is recognized as the most effective and sparing due to the use of innovative equipment - linear accelerators of a new type. They guarantee the destruction of the cancerous focus with maximum accuracy, which reduces the radiation load on healthy tissues. Due to the most powerful dose of radiation, acting aiming, it is possible to reduce the number of sessions several times.
- Bone marrow transplantation.The treatment of leukemia with even the most modern methods sometimes disrupts the blood-forming functions in the body, and then the bone marrow transplant is performed. Most often perform autologous transplantation (bone marrow transplantation of the patient himself). If this is not possible, transplant the bone marrow of the donor. The procedure involves taking a material from the patient or donor, followed by treatment and freezing. This occurs before the start of chemotherapy. The bone marrow is removed by a special needle, which is inserted into the femur. Then, after taking a course of chemotherapy, the material is administered to the patient intravenously. After the recovery period, during which the person is in a special sterile box, the restoration of the functions of hematopoiesis takes place.
Do you want to know the cost of cancer treatment abroad?
* Having received data on the patient's illness, the clinic representative will be able to calculate the exact price for treatment.
Treatment of leukemia in Israel: prices
The cost of treating acute leukemia in Israel, as well as chronic, depends on which therapy strategy is chosen. The number of procedures and sessions, the dosage of medications, all this becomes known after a medical consultation. If you compare the cost of treating leukemia in Israel and in European countries with the same high level of quality of therapy, then you can see the moderation of prices in Israeli clinics. For the same effective and effective treatment the patient here will pay 30-50% less than in the medical centers of Germany, France, the USA..